Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 03:32:43 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 [420] 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [QRK] Quark | Core 0.10 upgrade  (Read 1031111 times)
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
April 07, 2017, 09:43:55 AM

Whatever changes are to be made have got to be extremely well thought out, as in "white paper" stuff. Defining the end user's needs to be met, deciding on available technology, answering the how's, why's and whether it's worth it, etc. of each possibility, have all got to be clearly spelled out. The worst thing you can do is to invest time and money into something that you end up changing (or throwing away - or worse yet, that gets thrown out with you and the bathwater by end users) later on. It's also nice to have that "road map" for the "average" person. I agree that the discussion needs to take place and this might just be as good a place as any for an open discussion about all initial ideas that everyone has to put forward. Rest assured that many a nut will come around to try and mess with people's minds, and that is another of many good reasons why we should plan on a calm, cool, collected and unhurried process if what we want is something that really is well thought out and thoroughly designed. Certainly not a task to be taken lightly or whimsically, rather something that the eventual finished product merits. Mission statements are basic helpful aspects of long term design and planning, for example, which in and of themselves can take time.

I would say that what is most important for me is first and foremost always staying as loyal as possible to the original ethos, which is that of a widely distributed decentralized cryptographic digital currency, the stronger, the better. That, in my opinion, is key to success given that its very design was to fulfill that precise end and meet the monetary security needs of the end user for whom it was designed. Originally it was to protect people's wealth from centralized and controlled fiat depreciation. What's the purpose and how do we best achieve it? That's my central question.

I think everything opens up from that fundamental starting point. Everything in between both ends of the spectrum is then on the table, with one extreme being something more like a vehicle for long term store of wealth, and the other being the idea that it should be something to be used to buy coffee at Starbucks . . . and everything in between, as I said. Different technologies might be more suitable for some designs than others. There's certainly a lot to be considered. It would also be nice to try and get the opinions of larger and longer term holders to the degree that that might be reliably possible.

Nevertheless, I think the immutable foundation from which to build is a widely distributed decentralized secure cryptographic digital currency that really is tried and true secure. That's my 2 cents on where we should begin. Spare me Ethereum hackable innovations. No sir. I'll let others play with testing as I prefer to use the stable version. I want "Known Good". And I think that when it comes to making sure their money is safe, that's exactly what the majority of people want. I think that being able to buy coffee at Starbucks comes in a distant 2nd, or 3rd, or 4th, or 5th, way down on the priority list, and it's a niche at that. (Nobody's going to have all the market - at least not for many years anyway - and all the big survivors are going to fill niches). You can't be everything to everybody, can you? Realistically thinking? And to throw caution to the wind in an attempt to do so? I think it's best to stay with what you do better than anyone else, and in this case I think that means being the best storage of wealth, first and foremost, and then build on that.

Anyhow, I think you've got a great idea there to start talking about what can be done to revive Quark, and to do my part to help get the discussion going, I hereby present these very humble opinions on what I think is the fundamental basis from which to work.  Wink

"a widely distributed decentralized secure cryptographic digital currency that really is tried and true secure" I could not agree more with this statement and I believe we have this with Quark as it is now with the latest working client.
What we have is a problem with mining viability in that it cost more to run POW than Quark is worth. The only way to move forward as POW and to make it viable to be POW is to increase the value of Quark until its viable and cost effective.
Problem is without development to increase value we will see Quark do what its been doing and slowly decline to an un-viable dead project that gives no return to vested parties involved and people move to the next viable option. Human require incentive this is a fundamental truth that will never change.

POS would solve the viability problem and this = 1 positive move for Quark

This does not however solve the issue with development incentive and this is Quarks main downfall. We must create development incentive.

I do think we can sure try to be everything to everyone as that will be the most widely accepted crypto, but understand that there are flaws with different aspects of each innovation that is utilized. But this is where we can innovate around these new innovations and better them.

Yes this is why we need to employ the 10 % dev tax with governance that dash and pivx have.

We need max to bring on a team to help him get qrk back into the race again. One person can not compete alone these days.

Also bittrex and polo need to be onboard. Anyone who can contact these exchanges and alert them to the upcoming and possible comeback of qrk whilst it is still cheap is doing qrk a favor. ALthough I don't like it they need have  chunk of qrk to allow us to use their service.

The qrk dev has already said up thread that some a huge revamp is in accordance with what he sees for qrk going forward.

He just does not seem to have the time alone to focus on qrk 24/7.

We the block tax (that I mentioned years ago here) to fund a development team that are dedicated full time to this project.

If we had introduced these changes 2 years ago we would probably be top 10 -20 now. Let's get cracking on it now.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
cryptohunter
Legendary

View Profile
April 07, 2017, 09:53:39 AM

Someone has suggested DI sold out of his qrk position and has been trying to buy back in as low as possible, hence driving away core members etc.

If DI holds a large amount of QRK then he must be motivated to see qrk succeed.  I have no idea why he would want the core members like qrkfx, coinmama and vic to leave or why he talks to them like he does.

Let's see, i mean it seems impossible to tell if he really believes what he says and does are for the benefit of qrk long term or not?

I suspect DI does want qrk to succeed but wants to do it "his way". Anything not exactly "his way" is firmly met with a wall of less than diplomatic criticism. More of a personally trait than him trying to drive the price of qrk down. Although if this kind of attitude towards other core members really does make them want out then that can lead to the same thing.

DI why not post your qrk address so we can see you're on board with qrk.  Seems like a conspiracy theory that you're anti qrk until you can buy back in but let's see. If you have a 100k qrk wager i guess you have a few more hundred k stashed away somewhere right?

QRKfx was a big loss to the qrk community in my opinion. His ideas and drive were very interesting and i think he had proven without doubt he was a loyal qrk supporter. The fact more people are not concerned about people like this leaving the community is worrying. Vic not being around is again worrying, he was the public driving force on this board for a long time.

The problem with qrks core member seems to be that they are very sensitive and not robust enough to push through their ideas to the community clearly. QRKfx's paper had some VERY interesting ideas but these were just pushed aside by simple negative remarks that really had nothing to back them up.  The core members should have formed a stable leadership and put in place a system where their suggested actions are put forward to the community and then analysed before being actioned.  We can not allow negative (or positive) comments to have weight without analysis it just makes no sense to say you do or don't approve without a valid reason that can be seen as logical to everyone else.

So let's get on with the leadership side of things.

Let's get the core members that have proven beyond doubt they are qrk supporters through hard work together and make all discussion public on the thread. Next step is to get some funds together to attract a new developer and project manager. If you look at 'hyper' they have a public development pot that is held by escrow for development and marketing purposes only.

Don't be shy guys if you have worked on qrk projects and are pro qrk put yourself forward to be part of the foundation. Once formed and we have some clear leadership (people that dare to suggest direct and purpose without feeling they are being bossy) the community can get behind some of these ideas and we can work towards getting some things done.

Anyone should be able to join the foundation so long as we know their motives are clearly pro qrk. The only way to really know this is to see they own a large amount of qrk. I mean sure a whale could buy up a ton of qrk to appear pro qrk when really his motives are anti qrk, but that is less likely and for now i can see no better way of testing qrk loyalty. It seems as soon as someone does not agree with someone else they are called trolls, shills, etc. This really would be less likely if they had a 500k quark in their wallet.

Sitting here waiting to be picked up by some huge multinational company as their chosen currency is not working out too well.  Let's build a few services out ourselves that use qrk and expand their user base then perhaps other companies and services will take note.

Let's also analyse( NOT just say it sounds good or bad) the ideas that have previously been put forward to help solve some of qrks perceived issues.

1. POS -  

Is POS proven to be less secure than POW only. What about the hybrid pos +pow? where are the experts sunnyking, rat4 etc to really get to the bottom of this issue.

we don't want to inflate the minting too much .... better still not at all.  
There are many options/variations available here.

After reading through qrkfx's paper one part i like was the taxing side of things.  This gives a lot of incentive to help secure the chain.

We could cut off pow altogether and go full POS with the same inflation rate. However that won't be incentive enough. What though if we introduced a small tax on those that do not help secure the chain by having their wallet open for staking. That tax can be either sent to the foundation to fund projects/developers/services or given as random superblock rewards to staking wallets. I was against random superblocks for mining because it made no sense to burn electricity for a possible reward. However, as miner i have some machines running or at least my laptop full time anyway so why not leave my qrk wallet staking to avoid the small tax and to earn some qrk  and possibly a super pos block.

There can be many variations including pos+pow ....whatever we like.

The only issue i see is POS seems touchy about working with the qrk algo.  I know a couple of coins tried it and it was not a huge success.

Is the qrk algo even important to qrk anymore? i mean look at all the qrk clones they are dead. The algo doesn't mean all that much it would seem, especially when the POW phase is pretty much over. So what is the big deal about switching qrk at this point to another algo? lets discuss not scream that is profanity to suggest such a thing.

Of course this all may seem like a terrible idea to you, so let's hear why exactly it would be so bad. Let's analyse the idea in public. If it turns out to be a bad idea and we can all logically see why then we just forget it.

2 - the superblock (not mining superblocks)  - the one off 10% or whatever block held by escrows and to be released only upon community consultation for projects and services already completed.

Let's think of all the possible positives and negatives and weight them up.

3. The POB or QRK only ipo companion coin - the coin that will allow features and experimentation we do not want coded into qrk itself - that could provide the funding for services and projects that can be jointly shared with qrk if we as a community choose it to be so. It could also be used as a tool to bring back to the community those investors that have bunches of qrk but want no involvement with the qrk project.

again let's weigh the possible positives and negatives of this.

4 ROI projects - what projects , who will manage then? what will be their incentive? i like this idea of building out our own services or uses for qrk but how to get those qrk whales interested in investing?

If none of the above meet your fancy then what do you suggest for qrk - leave it as it is and see what happens? hopefully it will for some reason become more desirable to investors or businesses for some unknown reason in the future?

Before any of that though we need some leadership and public leadership at that. I notice on all communities the coin dies when there is no clearly defined leadership. When new leadership is on the scene the community will rally around this and things get done.

- Vic is 100% with Quark he took an 80+ hour job i still email him.

- Qrkfx and Coinmama choose to leave explain what they did for Quark?  

- your long list of solutions means Quark is broken right?

take my Bet?  Bitcoin is surely the winner here if Quark is not better than Bitcoin you win easy Quark take the bet?

------------------------------------------------------------------------

here is what we are looking at:

- C Bloc  (bounty up 50k)
 - Merge mine  (in the works )
-  Mini BLockchain  ( if ever its being tested )
-  continued assessment of the best CPoW algo.

i'm not going to be rude, (as i've bumped the threat enough)

but that list you just posted looks childish next to what is actually happening ; C bloc - Merge etc.

so of course there are unfortunately two choices  (they are both bad)

1. the people that came up with that list are intellectually challenged  (possible)
2. they are meant to be "disruptors" but are very bad at that job and should consider car park attendant employment ?  (saying "i'm reacting" doesn't mean you are good at your job, it means you didn't achieve anything)

If qrk stays at the price it is now for 10 years and bitcoin drops 0.1% is not essentially a huge positive for qrk. Bitcoin for me is way over valued already compared to qrk. ALthough that does not mean that qrk is in an ideal position. Something need not be broken for it to lose against something better. Bitcoin would obviously still be viewed as the better coin if it dropped 50% and qrk stayed the same for the next 10 years. I see the bet as pointless for that exact reason. Yes qrk may be reaching it's bottom for now whilst others have only now started to slip who can say, this is speculation.

The list posted looks childish compared to c - block?  explain how exactly? let's get specific. Tell me exactly how c - block will solve any of qrks issues.

I have said already that the entire concept of c - block to me won't work. Why would anyone donate for hash whales to take it all? it makes no sense.

Let's forget the car park attendant for now. Let's hear specific reasons how the c - block could possibly solve any of qrks issues.

The issues as i see them - issues don't essentially mean qrk is broken it means these are areas for improvement. I mean qrk could become the number 1 coin tomorrow if walmart decided to use it. However let's not assume this kind of thing will happen to qrk.

1. no funding for an active developer, no funding for project managers, building services etc.
2. a lot of the qrk investors sit outside of the crypto community and are not involved or supporting the community in anyway
3. qrk is seen to have died off, there is no leadership and no new blood with their btc coming in to qrk. Well, not that is visible through this thread anyway.
4. pow rewards not sufficient to secure the chain
5. competition with funding, larger communities that are drawn by new hype and features extracting btc and support from qrk
6. a fragmented community with no unity.

merge mining with what coin is in the works?  

I didn't notice any community consultation take place so i doubt this is happening anytime soon.

As i say, let's get specific. Let's analyse the possible positives and negatives of all suggestions that have been made.

No point saying the list was made by retards without explaining the negatives. Once you expose the negatives then we can safely assume the list was made by retards but not until then.

Pick any of the points.

POS, Superblock, POB companion coin/ qrk only ipo,  

Then demonstrate the obvious negative effects  each will have on qrk if implemented and why.

sad that we could have done this back in 2014 and are now only considering doing it now. Wasted a golden chance.

qrk was an iconic coin back then.... now it is a forgotten and an example of how not to do a coin.

let's see if we can get it back on track.

FUNDING is key. I see many devs here looking for paid work. Sadly qrk is now worth a fraction of when I first suggested it.

HR
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1011

Transparency & Integrity

View Profile
April 07, 2017, 04:38:34 PM

Reliable, honest, level headed people are not easy to find in crypto.

I think they've got to be found and recruited.

It won't be easy and certainly not something to be done overnight.

It's good to see you're still here plugging away.

Cheers

cryptohunter
Legendary

View Profile
April 07, 2017, 09:41:28 PM

Reliable, honest, level headed people are not easy to find in crypto.

I think they've got to be found and recruited.

It won't be easy and certainly not something to be done overnight.

It's good to see you're still here plugging away.

Cheers

Thanks, yeah great to see some of the old QRk faces back here. What will it take to get the old foundation members back onside. Smiley

I agree. However max actually does seem to have some coding skill set and lacks only time. I think with the correct funding mechanism and milestone reward system qrk can soon get back on track.

Devs that join the team with get bounties for completion of tasks. I think there is no room for trust or paying upfront any longer in this sphere.

Even the name Quark to me is still one of the very best it has a good history and the majority of the coins are locked away by investors for long term brought in from outside that will hold until it goes back above the old 30k mark.

Max seems to agree on the direction. It is now just a case of pushing ahead.

quarkcoin (OP)

Activity: 83
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 09, 2017, 02:48:56 PM

Quark 0.10.4.2

Note: Required upgrade for miners only, other wallets must be 0.10.4.1 or later

Note: Backup your wallet before upgrading

Changes:
* Start signalling BIP66 (Strict DER encoding), block version = 113

https://github.com/quark-project/quark/releases/tag/v0.10.4.2
cryptohunter
Legendary

View Profile
April 12, 2017, 11:21:09 PM

Quark 0.10.4.2

Note: Required upgrade for miners only, other wallets must be 0.10.4.1 or later

Note: Backup your wallet before upgrading

Changes:
* Start signalling BIP66 (Strict DER encoding), block version = 113

https://github.com/quark-project/quark/releases/tag/v0.10.4.2

Great work and finally glad to see qrk being brought back.

However it will take a total overhaul and drastic changes to make qrk relevant and exciting as it once was.

We need a plan how to fund and bring on a team of coders to work under the main developer.

Other coins have lately found success by creating a development fund and bringing on coders to complete tasks for bounties.

No one coder can compete in this sphere alone.

STT
Legendary

Activity: 3892
Merit: 1413

Leading Crypto Sports Betting & Casino Platform

View Profile WWW
April 13, 2017, 05:25:56 AM

2. a lot of the qrk investors sit outside of the crypto community and are not involved or supporting the community in anyway

Thats always true of anyone holding currency.  I presume that what is meant by investors.   Iam I backing USA because I hold alot of dollars, not really I hold them for my own reasons and if anything Im speculating the dollar will do better then my own national currency and so on.   People hold QRK not as investors but partly to diversify away from their own liability elsewhere.   We all know modern cash is easily not an asset but depreciating and unsafe to hold to some extent, what bitcoin did was allow the whole world to transfer value elsewhere far more easily and hopefully QRK can prove as reliable and gain similarly.

..Stake.com..   ▄████████████████████████████████████▄
   ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██  ▄████▄
   ██ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██████████ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██  ██████
   ██ ██████████ ██      ██ ██████████ ██   ▀██▀
   ██ ██      ██ ██████  ██ ██      ██ ██    ██
   ██ ██████  ██ █████  ███ ██████  ██ ████▄ ██
   ██ █████  ███ ████  ████ █████  ███ ████████
   ██ ████  ████ ██████████ ████  ████ ████▀
   ██ ██████████ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██████████ ██
   ██            ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀            ██ 
   ▀█████████▀ ▄████████████▄ ▀█████████▀
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███  ██  ██  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ██████████████████████████████████████████
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█  ▄▀▄             █▀▀█▀▄▄
█  █▀█             █  ▐  ▐▌
█       ▄██▄       █  ▌  █
█     ▄██████▄     █  ▌ ▐▌
█    ██████████    █ ▐  █
█   ▐██████████▌   █ ▐ ▐▌
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄██▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀██▄
▄█▀       ▐█▌       ▀█▄
██         ▐█▌         ██
████▄     ▄█████▄     ▄████
████████▄███████████▄████████
███▀    █████████████    ▀███
██       ███████████       ██
▀█▄       █████████       ▄█▀
▀█▄    ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄  ▄▄▄█▀
▀███████         ███████▀
▀█████▄       ▄█████▀
▀▀▀███▄▄▄███▀▀▀
..PLAY NOW..
cryptohunter
Legendary

View Profile
April 13, 2017, 10:47:30 AM

I am willing to be involved and my skills are entrepreneurial business management and marketing. I can help with this side of the team as that is where I perform my best.  

What can we do to get started moving ahead? some things that could be achieved this month that are a goal to work towards. I am willing to work.

That's great. I wonder what it would take from this point to bring back the qrk foundation. A lot of the original foundation had great skill in many areas.
Either that or we form our own foundation. I expect firstly though we need to drastically alter the dynamics of qrk itself. Max (the dev) seems open to this but has limited time hence we need to create a funding tax and bring on a team of designers/coders as very successful projects have done lately. With the correct development team a coin can be transformed very quickly.

cryptohunter
Legendary

View Profile
April 13, 2017, 10:54:47 AM

Thats always true of anyone holding currency.  I presume that what is meant by investors.   Iam I backing USA because I hold alot of dollars, not really I hold them for my own reasons and if anything Im speculating the dollar will do better then my own national currency and so on.   People hold QRK not as investors but partly to diversify away from their own liability elsewhere.   We all know modern cash is easily not an asset but depreciating and unsafe to hold to some extent, what bitcoin did was allow the whole world to transfer value elsewhere far more easily and hopefully QRK can prove as reliable and gain similarly.

However this is true of qrk more than nearly any other crypto currency. Bill brough it a lot of outside investment - outside of this board and outside of those with any real interest in crypto at all. That is good and bad.

Good because they are used to holding years and years and will probably never sell at a loss below 20k sats so those qrks are taken off of the market for good.

Bad because they do not get involved with/build the community at all.

Overall though i think it is good because it would not take much demand to drive the price back way up very quickly.

HR
Legendary

Transparency & Integrity

View Profile
April 13, 2017, 03:21:34 PM

I am willing to be involved and my skills are entrepreneurial business management and marketing. I can help with this side of the team as that is where I perform my best.  

What can we do to get started moving ahead? some things that could be achieved this month that are a goal to work towards. I am willing to work.

That's great. I wonder what it would take from this point to bring back the qrk foundation. A lot of the original foundation had great skill in many areas.
Either that or we form our own foundation. I expect firstly though we need to drastically alter the dynamics of qrk itself. Max (the dev) seems open to this but has limited time hence we need to create a funding tax and bring on a team of designers/coders as very successful projects have done lately. With the correct development team a coin can be transformed very quickly.

I've already written about my bias for caution when considering changes and what I think that process might look like so I'll spare you a repost.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=260031.msg18485718#msg18485718

We've got to start somewhere though, and along with debating important technical changes, we've also got the PR/marketing side of things to consider. Perhaps coming up with a good slogan might be a good "baby step" to get the ball rolling? It would certainly open the door to broader discussions about what everyone thinks Quark should be and where it should be going, which could, in turn, lead into the tech realm. Entrepreneurial business management and marketing are fantastic skills with which to lead up the discussion.  Smiley

cryptohunter
Legendary

View Profile
April 13, 2017, 11:00:51 PM

I think that we need to agree on some changes to Quark so that we can move ahead with creating funding for development of such change and this will then automatically give me something to work with as far as marketing and generating interest in Quark.
Unless we innovate and move ahead there really is nothing to market as Quark as it stands now is well known and so is a yesterdays coin that has not kept up in the race due to lack of development.

Development creates community involvement and without it we are pissing in the wind.

I need something to work with. Lets discuss innovative change that will move us to a level where we all have something to work with.

The first thing anyone needs to know is that a part time developer working alone has zero chance of success here now.
QRKs main issue was it was a fair pow release with no premine.
I suspect the dev got very few coins and therefore has very limited incentive here.

Funding a dev team is the first plan of action. The main dev here should stay lead dev if he wishes and with funding select the new team paid on bounties for tasks completed as pivx did. I suggested a super block 3 years ago or a block tax. I feel now a block tax is better.
PIVx is not a success by accident. Their formula works very well. We need to emulate something like this but have a timing lock in for masternodes so you can not swap in and out so quickly.

Pivx has a 10% funding tax and working on voting system too.

Of course some of this they took from dash, their algo is quark. They have a team. We need to build a team and have a full time development crew.

Hobby coins are dead coins.

Give quark a good make over 50k per masternode and off we go.

To much talking and no action is why we go from 30k sats to 100 sats.

HR
Legendary

Transparency & Integrity

View Profile
April 14, 2017, 08:07:10 AM

Quark as it stands now is well known . . .

Can we clearly express in 20 words or less just what that is?

We need a starting point, and if we don't know where we've come from or who we currently are, then I would argue that trying to do anything with that basis would indeed be "pissing in the wind".

Like the old saying goes, "don't put the cart before the horse".

What is Quark well known for?

I would also stress the need to try and frame the response in positive since negative thinking usually leads nowhere.

I will work on my summary description and post later. Hopefully we'll have something to compare.

Cheers,

cryptohunter
Legendary

View Profile
April 14, 2017, 09:30:35 AM

PIVx  has some great innovation. I was not aware it had the same algorithm as Quark, that makes it a perfect template for the direction we should be heading as they are doing a great job, it's good to see.

So I would like to suggest we implement the 10% block tax, masternode voting system POS/POW hybrid Anonymous option segwit implimentation.

Let's act and make this happen.

They are full POS now I think that is better that way.

Their main advantage is one thing they have a team of dedicated developers. Max if he created this coin has some skills of course but I guess he has a well paid job and not enough qrk to make it viable going full time qrk dev.

We must create a developer fund and bounties and let max manage the development rather than coding it all out himself.

Quark is a famous coin it can come back very easily. As i say most of those that came in with bill will sit outside waiting for profits above 20-30 k sats. These qrk are out of the marketplace until those levels so a price rise to that area will not be difficult with a development team, some direction and even better if we can bring the old foundation members back who had great insight and innovation.

The shaq game was the largest waste of resources we ever did. I mean did that crap every produce anything? for all the money that went into that.

Terrible.

This time we will have a new governance system with voting.#

The thing that pleases me most is to see max is open to this but simply does not have the time to do it all himself right now. We need to assure him if he can simply get the funding tax set up we can get other coders in to help for bounties.

Look a MUE this coin was nothing until they suggested a dash like route and it blew up. I mean it is not even implemented it is just a plan.

We need max to produce the plan and then volume will come and price will come this will fund the development he does not have to do alone.

Max come back and produce a plan on thread please. Even this spoken from you directly would put a much needed boost to the volume /price/ interest.

I respect the work you put in lately and keeping QRK updated.

Please lay out in public a plan to give a radical overhaul for qrk. I know some good devs that will assist you for bounties. This is how PIVx got it all done. One person can not code all that is needed to be a leading coin these days.

HR
Legendary

Transparency & Integrity

View Profile
April 15, 2017, 08:22:59 AM

We need a starting point, and if we don't know where we've come from or who we currently are, then I would argue that trying to do anything with that basis would indeed be "pissing in the wind".

I would also stress the need to try and frame the response in positive since negative thinking usually leads nowhere.

I will work on my summary description and post later. Hopefully we'll have something to compare.

Cheers,

You must not have been around Quark in November/December 2013 there were only a handful of crypto coins on coinmarketcap.com back then and Quark had a all new algo and new security features and was CPU optimized as lots could already foresee the mining monopoly bitcoin was heading toward. Quark was the most innovative creation back then.

So I should say that those who have been following this space since 2013 know Quark and Quark is famous. I apologize for my poor use of language, I am an Aussie so slang comes naturally to me. 

Sorry, but I'm not talking about what Quark was. It's not about what it was, and even less so what those of us who were around in 2013 remember it to be. Quark is no longer famous like it was. It's a fading memory for those who remember it.

It's about what Quark is NOW. Obviously the CPU optimized angle no longer works as a marketing strategy. The "all new algo" needs revamping into something like "one of the most secure", for example. What else does it have that can be leveraged into a PR slogan? Still a widely distributed p2p? I think so.

What do you guys have to say about Quark's current positive points? (Reading your posts one gets the idea that you want to throw everything out with the bath water.)

cryptohunter
Legendary

View Profile
April 15, 2017, 11:19:58 AM

Cheers,

You must not have been around Quark in November/December 2013 there were only a handful of crypto coins on coinmarketcap.com back then and Quark had a all new algo and new security features and was CPU optimized as lots could already foresee the mining monopoly bitcoin was heading toward. Quark was the most innovative creation back then.

So I should say that those who have been following this space since 2013 know Quark and Quark is famous. I apologize for my poor use of language, I am an Aussie so slang comes naturally to me.  

Sorry, but I'm not talking about what Quark was. It's not about what it was, and even less so what those of us who were around in 2013 remember it to be. Quark is no longer famous like it was. It's a fading memory for those who remember it.

It's about what Quark is NOW. Obviously the CPU optimized angle no longer works as a marketing strategy. The "all new algo" needs revamping into something like "one of the most secure", for example. What else does it have that can be leveraged into a PR slogan? Still a widely distributed p2p? I think so.

What do you guys have to say about Quark's current positive points? (Reading your posts one gets the idea that you want to throw everything out with the bath water.)

qrk, cbx, wdc, dgb, mec

all the first wave super alts of 2013 are dead

I am totally up for throwing the baby out with the bath water. This coin and all those others are a prime example of total not moving with the times in and industry where moving constantly is key to success.

In 2014 if we have did what i said and move to POS with a built in dev fund and kept the foundation and development team funded you can be sure qrk would not have sunk to this dead level it is at now.

The only good thing qrk had going for it was the novel at the time algo.

It has nothing going for it now except the once famous name. Everything else about it needs a radical overhaul. So radical only a coin swap will take care of it.

Caution has no place in this industry right now except for those that have such luxury like perhaps the top 3 or 4 coins.

There is no point at all qrk just being coin 1001 on cmc going nowhere and getting more and more a distant memory. The only hope is of a collectors coin in perhaps 25 -100 yrs time.

Coin swap and burn to a PIVx type codebase is the way to go. Give it more than 3 months and that will not be worth doing either because every coinn and his dog is now switching to masternodes and POS.

The only hope is to action it now since we do have a developer with some kind of coding skill as opposed to those other coins that are renting journeyman type devs who will not stick to that project.

quark has a few advantages over a lot of these new ones trying to jump on the dash pivx train

1. famous name
2. good distribution
3. a dev that can code and update
4. a good exchange that many dont have btc38  (although we are not on bittrex or polo)
5. many investors outside of this board that are long term investors i suspect many want good returns so they will hold perhaps until 100k sats
6. therefore easy to restore a reasonable cap
7. I suspect some powerful whales. There were 1 million qrk buys at 15000 20000 sats price. I wonder where they are and who is holding them

Plan of action...

1. official announcement we are moving to this updated system - think PIVx but with our own improvements tagged on too.

I would think - tiered POS levels up to that of the level of becoming a masternode depending on coins held and duration of coins held. Also even masternodes could be tiered and get more for uptime and duration of masternode. I'm sure it would not be hard to think of other improvements too.

We need the funding and governance features.

MUE just announced going masternode and their price went from 80 sats to 5000 - that is just ANNOUNCED IT that was just the effect of announcing it not implementing it.

MUE is not quark.

We need a full time dev team. Quark is reduced to this level because of lack of development and community. Where there is no development you will find zero community and interest.

Devs even those with great tech abilities are often the worst at marketing and gaining traction for their creations.

This thread is dead. There are 3 people discussing the future of qrk.

We need a new thread. We need a new coinbase. We need a new dev team and foundation and funding. This dev has skill and can over see all of this but he is hardly ever here and I suspect owns little qrk so has little motivation and incentive. Probably has a great job and isn't going to give that up anytime soon to go full time on qrk.

We need bounties for devs that have done this before on other coins and can just replicate their work on QRK.

Inaction or caution is the death of coins. I'd rather qrk goes to 0 sats and I close my book on it and move to projects that are moving ahead than sit here twiddling thumbs discussing forever the same things I was discussing 3 yrs ago.

Do or die for qrk now. Time is running out.

quarkcoin (OP)

Activity: 83
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 15, 2017, 11:31:17 AM

A reminder for everyone to upgrade to Quark 0.10.

Looking at network statistics on cryptoid, there are very few upgraded nodes.

https://chainz.cryptoid.info/qrk/#!network

/Satoshi:0.9.2.7/   70002   20   55.6 %   55.6 %
/Satoshi:0.9.2.6/   70002   7   19.4 %   75.0 %
/Satoshi:0.9.2.4/   70002   3   8.3 %   83.3 %
/Satoshi:0.9.2.5/   70002   2   5.6 %   94.4 %
/Satoshi:0.9.2.1/   70002   1   2.8 %   100.0 %
/Satoshi:0.10.4.1/70003   2   5.6 %   88.9 %
/Satoshi:0.10.4.2/70003   1   2.8 %   97.2 %

Future changes to Quark will require the majority of the network to upgrade, so please help spread the word.
HR
Legendary

Transparency & Integrity

View Profile
April 15, 2017, 01:14:17 PM
Last edit: April 15, 2017, 05:37:42 PM by HR

Cheers,

qrk, cbx, wdc, dgb, mec

I am totally up for throwing the baby out with the bath water. This coin and all those others are a prime example of total not moving with the times in and industry where moving constantly is key to success.

In 2014 if we have did what i said and move to POS with a built in dev fund and kept the foundation and development team funded you can be sure qrk would not have sunk to this dead level it is at now.

It has nothing going for it now except the once famous name. Everything else about it needs a radical overhaul. So radical only a coin swap will take care of it.

Caution has no place in this industry right now except for those that have such luxury like perhaps the top 3 or 4 coins.

There is no point at all qrk just being coin 1001 on cmc going nowhere and getting more and more a distant memory. The only hope is of a collectors coin in perhaps 25 -100 yrs time.

Coin swap and burn to a PIVx type codebase is the way to go. Give it more than 3 months and that will not be worth doing either because every coinn and his dog is now switching to masternodes and POS.

The only hope is to action it now since we do have a developer with some kind of coding skill as opposed to those other coins that are renting journeyman type devs who will not stick to that project.

quark has a few advantages over a lot of these new ones trying to jump on the dash pivx train

1. famous name
2. good distribution
4. a good exchange that many dont have btc38  (although we are not on bittrex or polo)
5. many investors outside of this board that are long term investors i suspect many want good returns so they will hold perhaps until 100k sats
7. I suspect some powerful whales. There were 1 million qrk buys at 15000 20000 sats price. I wonder where they are and who is holding them

Plan of action...

1. official announcement we are moving to this updated system - think PIVx but with our own improvements tagged on too.

I would think - tiered POS levels up to that of the level of becoming a masternode depending on coins held and duration of coins held. Also even masternodes could be tiered and get more for uptime and duration of masternode. I'm sure it would not be hard to think of other improvements too.

MUE just announced going masternode and their price went from 80 sats to 5000 - that is just ANNOUNCED IT that was just the effect of announcing it not implementing it.

MUE is not quark.

We need a full time dev team. Quark is reduced to this level because of lack of development and community. Where there is no development you will find zero community and interest.

Devs even those with great tech abilities are often the worst at marketing and gaining traction for their creations.

We need a new thread. We need a new coinbase. We need a new dev team and foundation and funding. This dev has skill and can over see all of this but he is hardly ever here and I suspect owns little qrk so has little motivation and incentive. Probably has a great job and isn't going to give that up anytime soon to go full time on qrk.

We need bounties for devs that have done this before on other coins and can just replicate their work on QRK.

Inaction or caution is the death of coins. I'd rather qrk goes to 0 sats and I close my book on it and move to projects that are moving ahead than sit here twiddling thumbs discussing forever the same things I was discussing 3 yrs ago.

PoS? So what would you name it then? It certainly can't continue to be Quark if it isn't Quark, can it?

The master-node bandwagon may not have very good horses either. For the moment though, it's getting a big bang for those "taking advantage". Here's another one - they're called Uber-Nodes here.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1040956.0
Edit: Here's another one I forgot about that'll cost only half of BATA. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=580725.msg18456746#msg18456746

Wouldn't it be easier to just start from scratch? That's essentially what you're talking about.

BTW, DGB is far from dead. They're currently working on SegWit activation in fact.  Smiley (And MEC is still listed on btc38 . . .)

HR
Legendary

Transparency & Integrity

View Profile
April 15, 2017, 07:22:39 PM

SegWit activation is bringing big price appreciation to the coins implementing it.

Here's a good thread with the coins in question: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1777136.0

Then you can check out their price action on Poloniex or Bittrex or both.

Handsome returns for something that looks to be revolutionary without basing itself on Ethereum like hackable code.

And Quark would stay Quark - one of the safest algos in existence.

Just saying.

cryptohunter
Legendary

View Profile
April 15, 2017, 07:25:13 PM

Cheers,

qrk, cbx, wdc, dgb, mec

1. famous name
2. good distribution

Plan of action...

MUE is not quark.

PoS? So what would you name it then? It certainly can't continue to be Quark if it isn't Quark, can it?

The master-node bandwagon may not have very good horses either. For the moment though, it's getting a big bang for those "taking advantage". Here's another one - they're called Uber-Nodes here.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1040956.0
Edit: Here's another one I forgot about that'll cost only half of BATA. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=580725.msg18456746#msg18456746

Wouldn't it be easier to just start from scratch? That's essentially what you're talking about.

BTW, DGB is far from dead. They're currently working on SegWit activation in fact.  Smiley (And MEC is still listed on btc38 . . .)

Quark to me is the name of the coin not the algo. I mean others have said they are using quark algo but I i think it is the name of the coin.

I love the name quark. Many projects take a totally new direction like MUE and retain their name.

When i say they are dead i really mean compared to their former selves they are reduced to dust.

Any of those can make a come back but people want to see a project that is alive and kicking. Sure adopting segwit is good proves they are doing something to stay current.

Some other communities I am part of think of anon and masternodes as fads but these are fads people want. Later if they want something else we give them something else. We follow success that is the way. Keep volume , keep price take a 10 % cut for development and keep moving forward.

When we reach a top 5 market cap  then we can have the luxury of not having to play the latest fad game until it is proven to be technologically advantageous.

I see WDC resisting change in their thread. Another giant reduced to dust whilst those new projects jumping on fads are having 10x the volume and price.

PIVx has retained what they call the quark algo so we could run with that with a few twists.Smiley

p3ppymon

Activity: 700
Merit: 254

View Profile
April 17, 2017, 05:03:30 PM

Following Quark since day 1.
Happy to contribute to it anyhow!
Pages: « 1 ... 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 [420] 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 »
  Print  

Jump to: