Bitcoin Forum
April 18, 2024, 11:13:11 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 [424] 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [QRK] Quark | Core 0.10 upgrade  (Read 1031111 times)
thunderjet

Activity: 916
Merit: 312

View Profile
April 24, 2017, 07:44:20 PM

Why would Quark developers not implement masternodes technology in their coin? With this technology, the coin will get a new life and will have a very huge increase in price.

Problem with masternodes is that Quark is already mined,so masternodes like ones in DASH are not applicable.There are no mining reward for them.Though,going completely POS with 2.5-3% annual reward for masternodes(1 mil Quarks),where 10% goes for developpers work could be sucessfull.

1 million is a bit steep I was thinking more 250k quark. 1 million is very hard to get hold of once max announces the upgrade plan and price get's back on track....

1 million was just suggestion.I agree that 250K ~ 1000 masternodes, will be more appropriate

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
April 25, 2017, 03:57:25 PM

Why would Quark developers not implement masternodes technology in their coin? With this technology, the coin will get a new life and will have a very huge increase in price.

Problem with masternodes is that Quark is already mined,so masternodes like ones in DASH are not applicable.There are no mining reward for them.Though,going completely POS with 2.5-3% annual reward for masternodes(1 mil Quarks),where 10% goes for developpers work could be sucessfull.

1 million is a bit steep I was thinking more 250k quark. 1 million is very hard to get hold of once max announces the upgrade plan and price get's back on track....

1 million was just suggestion.I agree that 250K ~ 1000 masternodes, will be more appropriate

Any progress here or on slack?

andrejka

Activity: 770
Merit: 251

MOBU - FUTURE OF SECURITY TOKENS

View Profile
April 25, 2017, 04:41:50 PM

We're having internal discussions right now regarding a change in the inflation percentage in order to promote mining/staking which would then also provide income for masternodes as well. Max is looking at POS/POW implementations right now. We're also looking at 10% for development as well.

Great suggestions. This could really bring the coin to life.

▄██▄
████▄    ▄██████▄    ▄████
██████▄ ▀████████▀ ▄██████
▐███████▄ ▀████▀ ▄███████▌
▐█████████▄ ▀▀ ▄█████████▌
 ████ ▀█████▄▄█████▀ ████
 ████ ▄ ▀████████▀ ▄ ████
 ▐███ ██▄ ▀████▀ ▄██ ███▌
 ▐███ ████▄ ▀▀ ▄████ ███▌
  ███ ██████▄▄██████ ███
  ███ ██████████████ ███
  ▐██ ██████████████ ██▌
  ▐██ ██████████████ ██▌
   ██ ██████████████ ██
       ▀██████████▀
         ▀██████▀
           ▀██▀
M O B U  ███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
   The Investment Bank of the Future   
The Security Token Protocol and Licensed Security Token Exchange
█▀

█▄
Facebook Medium
Whitepaper ANN
LinkedIn    Reddit
▀█

▄█

▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
      ▄███████████████▄
    ▄███████████████████▄
   ███████████████████████
  ████ ▀███████▀    ▀██████
 █████▌  ▀▀███        ▄█████
▐██████▄             ▐██████▌
▐█████▄               ██████▌
▐███████▄            ███████▌
 ███████▄          ▄████████
  ████████       ▄█████████
   █████▀   ▄▄▄███████████
    ▀███████████████████▀
      ▀███████████████▀
         ▀▀▀█████▀▀▀

▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
      ▄███████████████▄
    ▄███████████████████▄
   ███████████████████████
  █████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
 █████     ▄▄          █████
▐█████     ████▄▄      █████▌
▐█████     ████████    █████▌
▐█████     ████▀▀      █████▌
 █████     ▀▀          █████
  █████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
   ███████████████████████
    ▀███████████████████▀
      ▀███████████████▀
         ▀▀▀█████▀▀▀

▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
      ▄███████████████▄
    ▄███████████████████▄
   ███████████████████████
  ████████████████▀▀▀ ▐████
 ███████████▀▀▀  ▄█▀  ██████
▐█████▀▀▀      ▄█▀    ██████▌
▐███▄▄▄    ▄▄██▀     ███████▌
▐████████ ███▀       ███████▌
 ████████▌█          ███████
  ████████ ▄▄██▄    ███████
   ███████████████▄ ██████
    ▀███████████████████▀
      ▀███████████████▀
         ▀▀▀█████▀▀▀
silvermetal

Activity: 487
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 25, 2017, 05:00:53 PM

Don't expect too much from Max  Roll Eyes

Max is currently too busy with "plausible denial" in the Myriad thread:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=483515.msg18728060#msg18728060

And (help) pumping Chaincoin according to this reaction in that thread:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=422149.msg18728829#msg18728829

Sometimes he mix up his accounts and posts with his chaincoin dev account in the myriad thread....
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=483515.msg18728045#msg18728045

Not sure about his other coin priorities.
cryptohunter
Legendary

View Profile
April 25, 2017, 05:08:49 PM

Don't expect too much from Max  Roll Eyes

Max is currently too busy with "plausible denial" in the Myriad thread:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=483515.msg18728060#msg18728060

And (help) pumping Chaincoin according to this reaction in that thread:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=422149.msg18728829#msg18728829

Sometimes he mix up his accounts and posts with his chaincoin dev account in the myriad thread....
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=483515.msg18728045#msg18728045

Not sure about his other coin priorities.

Disappointing if true he is involved in all of those coins.

Why bother with these unknown coins. Quark is a famous coin with great age and many coins still using the algo he developed here.

Let's wait to hear max's explanation here.

mcphervi

Activity: 359
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 26, 2017, 11:17:41 AM

We're having internal discussions right now regarding a change in the inflation percentage in order to promote mining/staking which would then also provide income for masternodes as well. Max is looking at POS/POW implementations right now. We're also looking at 10% for development as well.

Yeah, I agree - I think this will really get the coin back on its feet, and get us moving again. Once the core of the upgrades is in place, and we have some more development funding we will make sure to get additional manpower to help support Max as well. I think this is really moving in the right direction.
p3ppymon

Activity: 700
Merit: 254

View Profile
April 26, 2017, 12:12:03 PM

Yeah, I agree - I think this will really get the coin back on its feet, and get us moving again. Once the core of the upgrades is in place, and we have some more development funding we will make sure to get additional manpower to help support Max as well. I think this is really moving in the right direction.

Any timeframe?
cryptohunter
Legendary

View Profile
April 26, 2017, 12:20:45 PM

More important still what is max saying?

If he is wasting time on these other coins with a load of different usernames then that is a very bad indication for the future of quark.

If those allegations are groundless then lets hear what he says. I hope they are groundless.

Wasting time on these projects whilst neglecting an aged and famous coin like quark is foolish.

Let's hope he says something anyway soon. Also if he is 100% going to focus on qrk now i hope he has incentive to see it through.

p3ppymon

View Profile
April 27, 2017, 10:41:55 AM

The QRK price has been going up, and more than doubled within the last two weeks!
Hopefully this could be one of the driving forces to make the coin better and better, and once again strongly recognised by the community.
mcphervi

View Profile
April 27, 2017, 10:50:28 AM

Any timeframe?

Max had wanted a couple of weeks to look into implementations before starting so that he could best tailor it to the coin.
mcphervi

View Profile
April 27, 2017, 10:54:18 AM

If he is wasting time on these other coins with a load of different usernames then that is a very bad indication for the future of quark.

If those allegations are groundless then lets hear what he says. I hope they are groundless.

Wasting time on these projects whilst neglecting an aged and famous coin like quark is foolish.

Let's hope he says something anyway soon. Also if he is 100% going to focus on qrk now i hope he has incentive to see it through.

Its not completely fair, nor realistic to expect one man to do everything for the lifespan of a coin - potentially over many years. Once we have development funding instituted, it will be self carrying as we can hire additional manpower and take the pressure off of just him - you've seen him respond over the last couple weeks to several issues with the Quark 0.10 wallet, and he's updated the wallet over the last couple years, IMO showing extended commitment. He has seemed committed to getting the changes we've discussed implemented.
silvermetal

View Profile
April 27, 2017, 12:11:36 PM
Last edit: April 29, 2017, 09:55:45 AM by silvermetal

Thank god Max is very transparent  (he showed once with Zoincoin, another coin he created few months ago):
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1671060.msg16862800#msg16862800
So, you might expect a plausible explanation from Max.

Hmmm.... Initially 20% founders reward with Zoincoin? Could be a nice option for a solution for the development funding of Quark! then you are sure it comes to the right person (an "anonymous" copy coin cloner) Roll Eyes

Two years ago another poster was already aware about the dozens of other coins Max created and therefore he never was and will never be fully engaged with Quark:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=701469.msg10331620#msg10331620

By the way "WillowRosenborg" was already identified/caught as a sockpuppet of Max in this thread:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=260031.msg10331605#msg10331605
Who knows how many more puppets he uses....

Edit 1 WillowRosenborg/MaxGuevarra continued with another accountname: "willowrose"...with this name he continued as a "dev" for Qubitcoin. Seems he is also involved with Pascalcoin and seedbit.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=317427
mcphervi

View Profile
April 28, 2017, 07:29:13 PM

I haven't yet truly weighed in on my exact vision for Quark's revival. What I would like to work towards follows below. Max, if you want to weigh in please do.

Short term (next 1-2 months):
- Change from POW to hybrid POW/POS:
         - POW/POS implementation similar to decred, with all POS stakeholders in the lottery
                      - POS based on PIVX; maintaining the swing mechanism which balances the financial incentive between POS stakers and masternodes in such a manner as to encourgae liquidity
         - Inflation change from 0.5%/annum, infinite supply to 3-3.5% per annum. This preserves the original intent of a switch to low inflation following an original mining period, with a constant supply into the future to preserve mining incentive indefinitely
         - Using the 3.5% figure, have a split of 1.35% POS, 1.85% POW, 0.3% Development
         - Have the development funding placement into escrow or multisig requiring address

2-4 months:
         - Masternode implementation - as above
         - Plan to swap to decentralized governance and decentralized development funding based on masternode voting

4-10 months:
         - Engage developers to look at implementing a sidechain with anon features - this allows an anonymity solution while ensuring that there is a public transaction record for Quark proper to ensure transparency
                         - Have a deflationary charge built into the system when taking the coins off chain - ie. remove a small subset (maybe 0.1% of the sent coins from circulation when taking chains onto the side chain)
                                    - This offsets some of the additional inflation being built in by the increase in coin supply as per above
cryptohunter
Legendary

View Profile
April 29, 2017, 12:49:19 PM
Last edit: April 29, 2017, 01:01:08 PM by cryptohunter

Thank god Max is very transparent  (he showed once with Zoincoin, another coin he created few months ago):
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1671060.msg16862800#msg16862800
So, you might expect a plausible explanation from Max.

Hmmm.... Initially 20% founders reward with Zoincoin? Could be a nice option for a solution for the development funding of Quark! then you are sure it comes to the right person (an "anonymous" copy coin cloner) Roll Eyes

Two years ago another poster was already aware about the dozens of other coins Max created and therefore he never was and will never be fully engaged with Quark:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=701469.msg10331620#msg10331620

By the way "WillowRosenborg" was already identified/caught as a sockpuppet of Max in this thread:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=260031.msg10331605#msg10331605
Who knows how many more puppets he uses....

Edit 1 WillowRosenborg/MaxGuevarra continued with another accountname: "willowrose"...with this name he continued as a "dev" for Qubitcoin. Seems he is also involved with Pascalcoin and seedbit.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=317427

Although this all seems kind of annoying he would waste time on these other projects when the top alt (except) LTC of 2013 with one of the best names QUARK and most famous project is reduced to a shadow of itself...... if it is true anyway.

It is not all bad. The guy can obviously code and has some good skill set. PIVX is using quark algo 4 years later and quark algo is still one of the best.

The main issue with QUARK was that the launch (that i was on) was very very fair. I had only a couple of quad core machines and i mined up a good chunk. Weeks later i tried to rent some quad core servers and mine on them and still then i was able to mine a lot of quark. It was a fair launch but one guy stephenB i think his name was really did have a lot of cpu power and took most of the easy coins.

So the main issue was max did not get enough coins to incentivise working on quark much and it was pretty much undeveloped and not marketed at all by him.

Let's introduce a development tax and fund him to make quark relevant and even rather exciting again.

His biggest flaw is he does not talk much in public nor if you PM him.

Max if you want to bring quark back start talking on here and looking like you are serious.

I hope you have enough quark now and enough sense to see quark is a project that needs to be brought back...

I hope the old foundation members will come back too.

silvermetal

View Profile
April 30, 2017, 07:58:31 PM

Although this all seems kind of annoying he would waste time on these other projects when the top alt (except) LTC of 2013 with one of the best names QUARK and most famous project is reduced to a shadow of itself...... if it is true anyway.

It is not all bad. The guy can obviously code and has some good skill set. PIVX is using quark algo 4 years later and quark algo is still one of the best.

Do you know what annoyed me?
Not that he copied dozens of other coins
Not that he wastes time on other projects
That is his own problem.

What annoys me is:
that "Max", who cloned Quark, works together with immoral people.
If it was about fiat money, I would call it a "criminal organization".
For Max and his friends the alt coin scene is a "wild west" scene; Everything is allowed.
Therefore instead of a "criminal organization" I will call Max and his team a "wild west organization".

And yes, he can code (or copy/paste), that is why he is included in this wild west organization.

Every clone of him follows more or less the same pattern:
Coin is announced as a fair new coin without a pre-mine, it is always picked up by the same mine pool, and after it is mined as hell (by this "wild west organization") the coin is listed at the same shady exchange where all his coins (also the ones which are more or less dead) are listed.
How shady the exchange is, I did read here in this thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1221426.msg12934107#msg12934107

And then the scammers he cooperates with. At Quark we all know of course Digitalindustry. But there are more like this one;
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=299308.msg10667896#msg10667896
(I call him the UNO scammer, because he runs a moderated UNO thread at bitcointalk where you can find his dozens of sockpuppets).
"Max" now and then visits the UNO thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=527500.msg10067608#msg10067608
This UNO scammer also now and then visits the Quark thread, therefore I am confident he holds a significant amount of Quark too:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=260031.msg11199646#msg11199646

The complete "wild west team" is an anonymous group of people, hiding their self behind their sockpuppet accounts.

And what annoys me the most is that Max announces his copied coins as a "community coin". He and his team creates a "foundation" for his coins. The foundation is usually a group of naive, integer people who market his coins. Meanwhile the "wild west team" is cashing the mined coins.

I hope you have enough quark now and enough sense to see quark is a project that needs to be brought back...

Don't be afraid, he and "his friends" has more than enough to manipulate the Quark market on the right moment. Just be patient. You don't need to do anything.
nixon99

Activity: 637

View Profile
April 30, 2017, 09:54:53 PM

Hi Silvermetal,
Could you create your own dedicated thread about your misgivings re Quark and people invloved.
Put a link in here for people to follow if they so choose and then leave this thread dedicated to those interested and involved in the reboot of Quark.
Cheers!
mcphervi

View Profile
May 01, 2017, 12:12:49 AM

On behalf of the Quark community and the Quark team, I am very happy to announce that the Cryptocoderz development team (http://cryptocoderz.com/index.html) have generously accepted to become a part of the Quark development team. They will work alongside Max, and start work on progressing towards implementing the features changes I outlined in my above post. I very sincerely look forward to working with them and welcome them to the team!!

https://twitter.com/QuarkPress/status/858837952511827975
p3ppymon

View Profile
May 01, 2017, 12:23:44 AM

On behalf of the Quark community and the Quark team, I am very happy to announce that the Cryptocoderz development team (http://cryptocoderz.com/index.html) have generously accepted to become a part of the Quark development team. They will work alongside Max, and start work on progressing towards implementing the features changes I outlined in my above post. I very sincerely look forward to working with them and welcome them to the team!!

Obviously in!
Well done and good luck!
mcphervi

View Profile
May 01, 2017, 12:39:43 AM

coderz are crypto scavangers, just fyi

They have experience working with the Quark code base, and are very willing to help - honestly, I'm very happy to accept their help, and add to the development manpower. As we've been discussing above, I think its not realistic to expect one man to do everything for the coin for years at a time - Max has openly expressed that he is willing to work with other developers on Slack, so I'm happy to have them added to the team.
CryptoCoderz

Activity: 1036
Merit: 506

Coderz of the Crypto variety

View Profile WWW
May 01, 2017, 12:43:31 AM

Hello everyone,

It is an honor to to have the opportunity to work with the Quark community and team. I personally am very excited to see what the future brings with this partnership as Quark has always been a great project and working together towards a common goal is something CryptoCoderz  has always been in favor of.

We hope to bring improvements and new features per community and team discussions and their outcomes. Let's grow together and make a brighter spot in the Crypto world.

We'll be in touch and post again throughout the coming week. We're having some promotional material be made up for Twitter promotions and other mediums to get Quark out there more.

Looking forward to the future,
Cryptocoderz

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▐░░░░░░░░░░░▌
▐░█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▐░▌         
▐░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▐░░░░░░░░░░░▌
▐░█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▐░▌         
▐░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▐░░░░░░░░░░░▌
 ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▐░░░░░░░░░░░▌
▐░█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▐░▌         
▐░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▐░░░░░░░░░░░▌
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█░▌
                  ▐░▌
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█░▌
▐░░░░░░░░░░░▌
 ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▐░░░░░░░░░░░▌
▐░█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█░▌
▐░▌              ▐░▌
▐░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█░▌
▐░░░░░░░░░░░▌
▐░█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▐░▌         
▐░▌         
▐░▌         
 ▀         

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▐░░░░░░░░░░░▌
▐░█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▐░▌         
▐░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▐░░░░░░░░░░░▌
▐░█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▐░▌         
▐░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▐░░░░░░░░░░░▌
 ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▐░░░░░░░░░░░▌
▐░█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█░▌
▐░▌              ▐░▌
▐░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█░▌
▐░░░░░░░░░░░▌
▐░█▀▀▀▀█░█▀▀
▐░▌         ▐░▌ 
▐░▌          ▐░▌
▐░▌           ▐░▌
 ▀               ▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▐░░░░░░░░░░░▌
▐░█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▐░▌         
▐░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▐░░░░░░░░░░░▌
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█░▌
                  ▐░▌
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█░▌
▐░░░░░░░░░░░▌
 ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▓▒░░ Secure Emailing
    ▓▒░░ Site-On-Blockchain
         ▓▒░░ Proof-of-Reliability
▓▒░░ HMQ1725
    ▓▒░░ CryptoCoderz
         ▓▒░░ Bitcointalk ANN
Pages: « 1 ... 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 [424] 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 »
  Print  

Jump to: