Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 11:11:04 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 [425] 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [QRK] Quark | Core 0.10 upgrade  (Read 1031111 times)
silvermetal

Activity: 487
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 01, 2017, 09:12:52 AM

Hi Silvermetal,
Could you create your own dedicated thread about your misgivings re Quark and people invloved.
Put a link in here for people to follow if they so choose and then leave this thread dedicated to those interested and involved in the reboot of Quark.
Cheers!

Lol
Why? Did the people once interested/involved in Quark move from quarktalk/reddit to bitcointalk   Grin Roll Eyes

But relax, you and your team already start to bury my posts soon I am 5 pages back  Wink

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
May 01, 2017, 09:37:18 AM

On behalf of the Quark community and the Quark team, I am very happy to announce that the Cryptocoderz development team (http://cryptocoderz.com/index.html) have generously accepted to become a part of the Quark development team. They will work alongside Max, and start work on progressing towards implementing the features changes I outlined in my above post. I very sincerely look forward to working with them and welcome them to the team!!

https://twitter.com/QuarkPress/status/858837952511827975

Great work you guys.

Whatever people say about max I have 100% faith that you vic are not interested in creating a pump and dump coin here.

I still am holding a lot of my quark that I mined early on.

The mining part was 100% fair. I never saw max promote or bother even updating much on quark before hence my suspicion nobody was able to get any quark against stephenB (huge processing power)  in the early mining days.

No point really speculating on what may have happened with other coins I am primarily interested in seeing quark return as a healthy project that has some real purpose and community behind it.

If we find bad eggs here like last time trying to sabotage the project they must be made pariahs and shunned.

Onward and upward for this once great project.

cryptohunter
Legendary

View Profile
May 01, 2017, 09:38:06 AM

On behalf of the Quark community and the Quark team, I am very happy to announce that the Cryptocoderz development team (http://cryptocoderz.com/index.html) have generously accepted to become a part of the Quark development team. They will work alongside Max, and start work on progressing towards implementing the features changes I outlined in my above post. I very sincerely look forward to working with them and welcome them to the team!!

Hello everyone,

It is an honor to to have the opportunity to work with the Quark community and team. I personally am very excited to see what the future brings with this partnership as Quark has always been a great project and working together towards a common goal is something CryptoCoderz  has always been in favor of.

We hope to bring improvements and new features per community and team discussions and their outcomes. Let's grow together and make a brighter spot in the Crypto world.

We'll be in touch and post again throughout the coming week. We're having some promotional material be made up for Twitter promotions and other mediums to get Quark out there more.

Looking forward to the future,
Cryptocoderz

Welcome guys, looking forward to bringing this one back.

quarkcoin (OP)

Activity: 83
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 01, 2017, 09:45:17 AM

Block versions

Some pools are signalling incorrect block versions, causing a warning in nodes to upgrade:

https://github.com/quark-project/quark/issues/2

Can all pool operators please ensure that their pools are generating version 113 blocks.

It appears a NOMP pool is also using BIP 9 version bits, e.g.

https://chainz.cryptoid.info/qrk/block.dws?0000000028d0a21896db7ccd096c462777c30124ee3fc5c6bddaecdd6bef366c

Other pools signalling version 112 is in danger of being cut off from the network.
mcphervi

Activity: 359
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 01, 2017, 10:15:52 AM
Last edit: May 01, 2017, 10:48:31 AM by mcphervi

Great work you guys.

Whatever people say about max I have 100% faith that you vic are not interested in creating a pump and dump coin here.

The mining part was 100% fair. I never saw max promote or bother even updating much on quark before hence my suspicion nobody was able to get any quark against stephenB (huge processing power)  in the early mining days.

No point really speculating on what may have happened with other coins I am primarily interested in seeing quark return as a healthy project that has some real purpose and community behind it.

If we find bad eggs here like last time trying to sabotage the project they must be made pariahs and shunned.

Thanks cryptohunter - much appreciated. I wholeheartedly agree - I would love to see this return as a healthy independent project with good people behind it. I really think we're moving in a good direction here.
cryptohunter
Legendary

View Profile
May 01, 2017, 11:10:51 PM

Great work you guys.

The mining part was 100% fair. I never saw max promote or bother even updating much on quark before hence my suspicion nobody was able to get any quark against stephenB (huge processing power)  in the early mining days.

Thanks cryptohunter - much appreciated. I wholeheartedly agree - I would love to see this return as a healthy independent project with good people behind it. I really think we're moving in a good direction here.

Once we have a solid road map put out I think quark will revive very quickly. We have btc38 too which is a big advantage. If we increase volume they will reinstate us to their main cny market i hope.

Bittrex will be the next step.

chinaBLK

Activity: 98
Merit: 2

View Profile
May 02, 2017, 07:43:19 PM

Does quark have a developer?

It looks like a quark is dead.

If someone wants to change quarks,I can tell the quarrel news to the Chinese exchange. Just need to reply to me.
mcphervi

View Profile
May 02, 2017, 10:37:29 PM

If someone wants to change quarks,I can tell the quarrel news to the Chinese exchange. Just need to reply to me.

Hi chinaBLK - if you look above, w're in the planning stages of reviving the coin, and Max has been active the last several weeks. Coding on changing the coin from POW to hybrid POW/POS should begin soon, and masternodes will likely be implemented in the near future as well! In addition, another developer team, cryptocoderz, has been added to alongside Max, so we are getting things moving again!
mcphervi

View Profile
May 03, 2017, 01:38:14 AM
Last edit: May 03, 2017, 03:28:47 AM by mcphervi

Hi chinaBLK - if you look above, w're in the planning stages of reviving the coin, and Max has been active the last several weeks. Coding on changing the coin from POW to hybrid POW/POS should begin soon, and masternodes will likely be implemented in the near future as well! In addition, another developer team, cryptocoderz, has been added to alongside Max, so we are getting things moving again!

It's come to the teams attention that people are having issues with deposits and withdrawals from btc38 - I've contacted Max to look into the issue, but I'd recommend that people hold off on moving any coins to or from there for now until we can address this. I'm not sure if this is a general or specific issue right now - we're looking into it.

Edit: It looks right now like its isolated to BTC38
quarkcoin (OP)

Activity: 83
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 03, 2017, 09:27:25 AM

Quark 0.10.4.5

* Checkpoints
* Remove obsolete version warning

https://github.com/quark-project/quark/releases/tag/v0.10.4.5
Coinmama2014

Activity: 133
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 03, 2017, 05:55:15 PM

holders of Quark who would like to see Quark innovate, come together and form a community that participates and contributes to adding some changes to this project that will potentially put Quark back into the top 10 on coinmarketcap.com.

To clarify, I am not a developer and I am only looking from a business mind prospective, but in order for any move forward we need a business plan and the means to attract developers to be interested in this project and they need to be able to produce a healthy good income. So be kind to any ignorance you may find in my ideas for change as this is what I have gleaned from the market and if Quark could implement these changes I believe we could be back in the top 10 purely from a market perspective.

Some changes to Quark that I feel through my research that would produce such results are as follows.

1. POW / POS

2. Dash has a great way of producing an income for there development team and this should be copied or improved upon.

3. The voting system of Dash masternodes seems like a good idea and something similar but more decentralized needs implementation.

4. Segwit implementation to be added.  

5. Anonymity option

6. Smart Contracts

7. Debit card that links Quark wallet with Visa

This is a lot of development but this is also technology that already exists.

Who would like to discuss this?

The first 4 would be my short term goals. Anon has pluses and minuses that I would like to actively discuss. I would add side chain implementation as well to the list. Quark at its core was originally about innovation, transaction speed and security - I would like to build towards those as the central principle.
Well Well Well! How very interesting to see this coin is in revitalization mode!

Coinmama: Kiss Kiss
Coinmama2014

View Profile
May 03, 2017, 05:55:49 PM

We're having internal discussions right now regarding a change in the inflation percentage in order to promote mining/staking which would then also provide income for masternodes as well. Max is looking at POS/POW implementations right now. We're also looking at 10% for development as well.

Great suggestions. This could really bring the coin to life.

Yeah, I agree - I think this will really get the coin back on its feet, and get us moving again. Once the core of the upgrades is in place, and we have some more development funding we will make sure to get additional manpower to help support Max as well. I think this is really moving in the right direction.

More important still what is max saying?

If he is wasting time on these other coins with a load of different usernames then that is a very bad indication for the future of quark.

If those allegations are groundless then lets hear what he says. I hope they are groundless.

Wasting time on these projects whilst neglecting an aged and famous coin like quark is foolish.

Let's hope he says something anyway soon. Also if he is 100% going to focus on qrk now i hope he has incentive to see it through.

However, before anyone goes too far to revitalize on this one it I would warn that, speaking from experience... its history is steeped in shady dealings and therefore the only hope for its future is for present bagholders to get a good dump into the current altcoin craze/ pumps... Too bad we couldn't get something like a Pivx going when we were working so hard and looking for our long lost dev who was found working on Myriad and other coins...The dev who refused to realize that his right hand man "digital industry" was a complete and total scam artist, who actually worked against Quark for his own (and friends) purposes (i.e., selling to get more bitcoin)
Best hope for this coin (which *had* great potential!) is to start from scratch, Quark 2.0, with adequate time for all to prepare for launch(i.e. no scammy premine...)

Coinmama2014

View Profile
May 03, 2017, 05:56:17 PM

Although this all seems kind of annoying he would waste time on these other projects when the top alt (except) LTC of 2013 with one of the best names QUARK and most famous project is reduced to a shadow of itself...... if it is true anyway.

It is not all bad. The guy can obviously code and has some good skill set. PIVX is using quark algo 4 years later and quark algo is still one of the best.

Do you know what annoyed me?
Not that he copied dozens of other coins
Not that he wastes time on other projects
That is his own problem.

What annoys me is:
that "Max", who cloned Quark, works together with immoral people.
If it was about fiat money, I would call it a "criminal organization".
For Max and his friends the alt coin scene is a "wild west" scene; Everything is allowed.
Therefore instead of a "criminal organization" I will call Max and his team a "wild west organization".

And yes, he can code (or copy/paste), that is why he is included in this wild west organization.

Every clone of him follows more or less the same pattern:
Coin is announced as a fair new coin without a pre-mine, it is always picked up by the same mine pool, and after it is mined as hell (by this "wild west organization") the coin is listed at the same shady exchange where all his coins (also the ones which are more or less dead) are listed.
How shady the exchange is, I did read here in this thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1221426.msg12934107#msg12934107

And then the scammers he cooperates with. At Quark we all know of course Digitalindustry. But there are more like this one;
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=299308.msg10667896#msg10667896
(I call him the UNO scammer, because he runs a moderated UNO thread at bitcointalk where you can find his dozens of sockpuppets).
"Max" now and then visits the UNO thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=527500.msg10067608#msg10067608
This UNO scammer also now and then visits the Quark thread, therefore I am confident he holds a significant amount of Quark too:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=260031.msg11199646#msg11199646

The complete "wild west team" is an anonymous group of people, hiding their self behind their sockpuppet accounts.

And what annoys me the most is that Max announces his copied coins as a "community coin". He and his team creates a "foundation" for his coins. The foundation is usually a group of naive, integer people who market his coins. Meanwhile the "wild west team" is cashing the mined coins.

I hope you have enough quark now and enough sense to see quark is a project that needs to be brought back...

Don't be afraid, he and "his friends" has more than enough to manipulate the Quark market on the right moment. Just be patient. You don't need to do anything.
Yes, exactly... So nice to see some people still keeping an eye on things after all this time!

mcphervi

View Profile
May 03, 2017, 08:11:23 PM

We're having internal discussions right now regarding a change in the inflation percentage in order to promote mining/staking which would then also provide income for masternodes as well. Max is looking at POS/POW implementations right now. We're also looking at 10% for development as well.

Yeah, I agree - I think this will really get the coin back on its feet, and get us moving again. Once the core of the upgrades is in place, and we have some more development funding we will make sure to get additional manpower to help support Max as well. I think this is really moving in the right direction.

If he is wasting time on these other coins with a load of different usernames then that is a very bad indication for the future of quark.

If those allegations are groundless then lets hear what he says. I hope they are groundless.

Wasting time on these projects whilst neglecting an aged and famous coin like quark is foolish.

Let's hope he says something anyway soon. Also if he is 100% going to focus on qrk now i hope he has incentive to see it through.

However, before anyone goes too far to revitalize on this one it I would warn that, speaking from experience... its history is steeped in shady dealings and therefore the only hope for its future is for present bagholders to get a good dump into the current altcoin craze/ pumps... Too bad we couldn't get something like a Pivx going when we were working so hard and looking for our long lost dev who was found working on Myriad and other coins...The dev who refused to realize that his right hand man "digital industry" was a complete and total scam artist, who actually worked against Quark for his own (and friends) purposes (i.e., selling to get more bitcoin)
Best hope for this coin (which *had* great potential!) is to start from scratch, Quark 2.0, with adequate time for all to prepare for launch(i.e. no scammy premine...)

Hi coinmama - its good to see you. Please check your pm.
othell_rogue

Activity: 800
Merit: 143

View Profile
May 04, 2017, 07:07:48 AM

So you don't recomand to invest in this coin?

To Buy, or not to Sell? That is the question.
thunderjet

Activity: 916
Merit: 312

View Profile
May 04, 2017, 04:51:19 PM

There are almost no nodes after wallet upgrade to 10.4.3 and later versions.I get 1,very rarely 2.It is high risk for network safety.
nuttynoah

Activity: 229

View Profile
May 04, 2017, 07:29:01 PM

ghzsymc2

Activity: 180
Merit: 4

View Profile
May 04, 2017, 09:56:50 PM

- Inflation change from 0.5%/annum, infinite supply to 3-3.5% per annum. This preserves the original intent of a switch to low inflation following an original mining period, with a constant supply into the future to preserve mining incentive indefinitely
         - Using the 3.5% figure, have a split of 1.35% POS, 1.85% POW, 0.3% Development
         - Have the development funding placement into escrow or multisig requiring address

4-10 months:
         - Engage developers to look at implementing a sidechain with anon features - this allows an anonymity solution while ensuring that there is a public transaction record for Quark proper to ensure transparency
                         - Have a deflationary charge built into the system when taking the coins off chain - ie. remove a small subset (maybe 0.1% of the sent coins from circulation when taking chains onto the side chain)
                                    - This offsets some of the additional inflation being built in by the increase in coin supply as per above

I am a private investor in China.

Since 2013, I began to support the quark COINS, because the Chinese government, digital currency prices began to decline, but did not see the rebound in the quarks, I don't know why, but I know now.

It is a pleasure and a great appreciation to have seen all the positive action recently.

The key I want to say is: everyone knows that quark on an extra 1 million a year, you can upgrade innovation, add people feel great science and technology, but don't increase the total amount.

The first、 Why we watch the digital currency is that it won't print as much as they want to print like paper, and if We're going to change it to 7-8 million because the market price is low this time , the next time change to 10-20 million - when you like, What's the difference between it and paper money? If you do that, many Chinese investors will see this currency as a game, not a future.

The second、Let's say 10 years from now  BTC is a trillion dollars and quark successfully raised hundred billion of magnitude or more, according to 3.5% a year, will be at a certain price point, the market can't afford this 3.5%  causes the price no longer growth , or even fall. So you can expect the price of a currency to go down in a certain amount of time, and people also lose coin because of 0.1% rules,This is terrible.

My suggestion is that we can reduce the setting of one quark per block, for example 0.1 to 0.3 quarks or other quantities. When the price is high enough, there will be more and more people digging.

Really reduce miners, is not the amount of 1 million is too little, but for some reason did not move over the past two years, when we started running again, prices will rebound, at that time, people will come back.

And Now we don't need too much innovation, in a bull market, all COINS in btc38 have increased nearly 10 times, only the quark did not move, just need to the development team to release some news, is enough to make the price more than 5 times. It is an opportunity.

I'll do a little bit of help if I can.
rdfd1217

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 04, 2017, 11:13:05 PM

- Inflation change from 0.5%/annum, infinite supply to 3-3.5% per annum. This preserves the original intent of a switch to low inflation following an original mining period, with a constant supply into the future to preserve mining incentive indefinitely
         - Using the 3.5% figure, have a split of 1.35% POS, 1.85% POW, 0.3% Development
         - Have the development funding placement into escrow or multisig requiring address

4-10 months:
         - Engage developers to look at implementing a sidechain with anon features - this allows an anonymity solution while ensuring that there is a public transaction record for Quark proper to ensure transparency
                         - Have a deflationary charge built into the system when taking the coins off chain - ie. remove a small subset (maybe 0.1% of the sent coins from circulation when taking chains onto the side chain)
                                    - This offsets some of the additional inflation being built in by the increase in coin supply as per above

I am a private investor in China.

Since 2013, I began to support the quark COINS, because the Chinese government, digital currency prices began to decline, but did not see the rebound in the quarks, I don't know why, but I know now.

It is a pleasure and a great appreciation to have seen all the positive action recently.

The key I want to say is: everyone knows that quark on an extra 1 million a year, you can upgrade innovation, add people feel great science and technology, but don't increase the total amount.

The first、 Why we watch the digital currency is that it won't print as much as they want to print like paper, and if We're going to change it to 7-8 million because the market price is low this time , the next time change to 10-20 million - when you like, What's the difference between it and paper money? If you do that, many Chinese investors will see this currency as a game, not a future.

The second、Let's say 10 years from now  BTC is a trillion dollars and quark successfully raised hundred billion of magnitude or more, according to 3.5% a year, will be at a certain price point, the market can't afford this 3.5%  causes the price no longer growth , or even fall. So you can expect the price of a currency to go down in a certain amount of time, and people also lose coin because of 0.1% rules,This is terrible.

My suggestion is that we can reduce the setting of one quark per block, for example 0.1 to 0.3 quarks or other quantities. When the price is high enough, there will be more and more people digging.

Really reduce miners, is not the amount of 1 million is too little, but for some reason did not move over the past two years, when we started running again, prices will rebound, at that time, people will come back.

And Now we don't need too much innovation, in a bull market, all COINS in btc38 have increased nearly 10 times, only the quark did not move, just need to the development team to release some news, is enough to make the price more than 5 times. It is an opportunity.

I'll do a little bit of help if I can.
     I agree with you. Inflation makes money worth less. We would be just like government money. No better than the Federal Reserve.
mcphervi

View Profile
May 04, 2017, 11:18:34 PM

You know what I think is the only way forward. PUBLIC REPENTANCE.

This is all but forgotten is our current day and age. But I can tell you that repentance and forgiveness are foundations that will never ever be broken. They are woven into creation itself and produce healing and productiveness. This is truth.

I will start.

I for one am very sorry for not contributing or participating years ago with Quark. I sat back and waited passively for everyone else to do the work on Quark.

I sincerely apologize for my actions. This was wrong. I had expectations on people that should have been upon myself.

So Please forgive me. I will now be participating and contributing and I hope you will accept my apology.

I really believe if we can all repent and forgive one another, that we will have something very special here. We can restore the wrongdoing by repentance and forgiveness.

The Crypto space was very immature back years ago. I feel we have begun adolescent period where we are establishing ourselves. We are maturing. Even the authorities are maturing.

Why don't we come together and put the past behind us and put it right with one another and make a new beginning with the intent of making all those involved whole again.

Can we all be mature enough to get past the dishonest, negative history of Quark??

I sure hope so.

In this vein - I am very sorry that I was not able to get Quark into a position to succeed. It has really weighed on my the last few years how all of this was left, and I am sorry that the great group of people we had couldn't have collectively come together and enacted a plan to get the coin moving in the right direction. This is our chance to finally do so.
Pages: « 1 ... 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 [425] 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 »
  Print  

Jump to: