Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 02:27:30 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 [190] 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 ... 443 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [QRK] Quark | Core 0.10 upgrade  (Read 1031111 times)
NUFCrichard
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1003

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 10:58:37 AM

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RT_%28TV_network%29

I fear 450 million might be a bit over the top, as only 630mil people can receive it and 75% of all possible receivers seems a tad high!
Still great coverage though.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
dadon
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1002

Pecvniate obedivnt omnia.

View Profile WWW
December 19, 2013, 11:08:23 AM

I fear 450 million might be a bit over the top, as only 630mil people can receive it and 75% of all possible receivers seems a tad high!
all of the keiser reports are also on youtube, and rt has a website that plays the show
Netnox
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1008

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 11:09:14 AM

Just wow!! Quark on Keiser report was awesomeee!! Keiser really was enthousiastic about Quark and man Bill gave great answers. I see a bright future for Quark. One of the top coins for sure.
Promethium

Activity: 222
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 11:11:43 AM

Where can we find out how the network hash rate of Quark coins stacks up against other cryptos?
I see the market cap is at a nice level but to be fair there are a lot of quarks out there, and so I wonder how well the network is being supported and not just coins being held.

Appreciated, holding long btw just a concerned holder,
IAS

You can't compare hashrate between different algorithms, as the different hashing-functions take wildly different times to compute.

Since there's only 2-3 coins with the same PoW algorithm as Quark and none of those has a big following, you can't really make a comparison of Quark hashrate versus, say, Litecoin.

Thanks for the replies guys - all of them.
Even though Quark is a combination of algorithms, can't we still compare some available figures, like number of nodes, miners, Gh/s, etc?
There must be a way of fairly comparing these coins, at least within reason. Promethium listed Gh/S in that chart and I wonder if that if a fair measure?
Quark doesn't look bad there, but of course needs a stronger network, or rather more people involved in the network.

Very important question that I originally asked. I imagine Quark can't yet have the network presence that its market cap suggests, just due to how long it's been around - but prove me wrong, please.

Thanks again,
IAS
As block reward drops to 1(Approximately 9 weeks away), Quarks hashrate will presumably also reduce. This will negate the need for an electricity hungry mining presence.
Its About Sharing
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1000

Antifragile

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 11:16:17 AM

Just wow!! Quark on Keiser report was awesomeee!! Keiser really was enthousiastic about Quark and man Bill gave great answers. I see a bright future for Quark. One of the top coins for sure.

I'm all for Quark becoming a more known and solid Crypto, but I watched this Keiser report and to say Bill was giving great answers, when he said "I'm no expert here" like 3 times, is a bit overboard.
He is on the show, he SHOULD be an expert HERE. See what I am getting at?

We need some difficult questions answered honestly (like I asked the page before) and that will help us more than cheerleading from people (albeit with a big mouth and big following) over the long term.

I'm not so concerned with the short term though it is nice to have more eyes, of course. We have some serious hope though as the Crypto space is really growing and I hope people (miners) and more nodes (e.g. me and hopefully you guys too) come in and support thisCrypto. Price is just one measure of success.

IAS

BTC = Black Swan.
BTC = Antifragile - "Some things benefit from shocks; they thrive and grow when exposed to volatility, randomness, disorder, and stressors and love adventure, risk, and uncertainty. Robust is not the opposite of fragile.
Its About Sharing
Legendary

Antifragile

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 11:19:24 AM

Where can we find out how the network hash rate of Quark coins stacks up against other cryptos?
I see the market cap is at a nice level but to be fair there are a lot of quarks out there, and so I wonder how well the network is being supported and not just coins being held.

IAS

You can't compare hashrate between different algorithms, as the different hashing-functions take wildly different times to compute.

Since there's only 2-3 coins with the same PoW algorithm as Quark and none of those has a big following, you can't really make a comparison of Quark hashrate versus, say, Litecoin.

Even though Quark is a combination of algorithms, can't we still compare some available figures, like number of nodes, miners, Gh/s, etc?
There must be a way of fairly comparing these coins, at least within reason. Promethium listed Gh/S in that chart and I wonder if that if a fair measure?
Quark doesn't look bad there, but of course needs a stronger network, or rather more people involved in the network.

Very important question that I originally asked. I imagine Quark can't yet have the network presence that its market cap suggests, just due to how long it's been around - but prove me wrong, please.

Thanks again,
IAS
As block reward drops to 1(Approximately 9 weeks away), Quarks hashrate will presumably also reduce. This will negate the need for an electricity hungry mining presence.

This is a bit interesting. I still imagine we need lots of miners to secure the network. This is the strength when it comes time that we are attacked, and I imagine that is inevitable.
Though we can look at electricity as being "wasted" I think that isn't the case. We are keeping a hopefully large and attack proof network up. If we don't have more miners every
month (up to a reasonable future point), then we have problems. Look at BTC's network strength. That is partly why we see services being built ON TOP of it's blockchain. It
is a secure space. Even if Quark only ever is "just" a currency, having a strong network is VERY important and a must.

Thanks again for your answers,
IAS

BTC = Black Swan.
BTC = Antifragile - "Some things benefit from shocks; they thrive and grow when exposed to volatility, randomness, disorder, and stressors and love adventure, risk, and uncertainty. Robust is not the opposite of fragile.
Promethium

Activity: 222
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 11:33:29 AM

IAS

Thanks again,
IAS

This is a bit interesting. I still imagine we need lots of miners to secure the network. This is the strength when it comes time that we are attacked, and I imagine that is inevitable.
Though we can look at electricity as being "wasted" I think that isn't the case. We are keeping a hopefully large and attack proof network up. If we don't have more miners every
month (up to a reasonable future point), then we have problems. Look at BTC's network strength. That is partly why we see services being built ON TOP of it's blockchain. It
is a secure space. Even if Quark only ever is "just" a currency, having a strong network is VERY important and a must.

Thanks again for your answers,
IAS
You are absolutely correct about increasing node strength, Quarks block speed requires us to prepare sub 10 second propagation to all major nodes. This will require strategically dispersed high speed node placement.
Netnox
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1008

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 11:37:20 AM

I'm all for Quark becoming a more known and solid Crypto, but I watched this Keiser report and to say Bill was giving great answers, when he said "I'm no expert here" like 3 times, is a bit overboard.
He is on the show, he SHOULD be an expert HERE. See what I am getting at?

We need some difficult questions answered honestly (like I asked the page before) and that will help us more than cheerleading from people (albeit with a big mouth and big following) over the long term.

I'm not so concerned with the short term though it is nice to have more eyes, of course. We have some serious hope though as the Crypto space is really growing and I hope people (miners) and more nodes (e.g. me and hopefully you guys too) come in and support thisCrypto. Price is just one measure of success.

IAS

Well it depends on us as a community also. If you think you can come up with ideas or developments then bring it to the public. On the forums/reddit etc. Quark is coming strong showing his pros, it made it to RT even and from here we must help to make it gain more. If everyone just comments and makes suggestions like they know but does nothing than posting only, than it won't gain as much. We as a community need to start to do more and talk less  Smiley
altsay

Activity: 359
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 11:53:17 AM

Stacy Herbert, Keiser Report co-host, is as pale as a vampire. She needs blood.
JuanHungLo

Activity: 935
Merit: 1001

I don't always drink...

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 12:09:22 PM

Stacy Herbert, Keiser Report co-host, is as pale as a vampire. She needs blood.

Some of us really like that kinda look.  Go Stacy, you're smart, and that is the ultimate hotness.

Bull markets are born on pessimism, grow on skepticism, mature on optimism, and die on euphoria. - John Templeton
StephenJH

Merit: 521

No more Rekt and Bust

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 12:10:51 PM

A few of the original posters in this topic look like real arseholes now hey [cough cough r3wt cough]

███████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀████████
██████▀▄██▀▀▄▄ ████▄▀██████
█████ ███ ████ ▀▀████ █████
████ █████ ███▀▀▀▄████ ████
████ ███▀▀▀▄▄▄████████ ████
████ ██▄▄▀▀███████▀▄▄█ ████
█████ █████ █▀██▀▄███ █████
██████▄▀███▀▄█▀▄███▀▄██████
████████▄▄▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▄▄████████
██████████▀▄███████████████
██████████████████████████
.FortuneJack.
  ▄█▄        █           ▄
 ▄████▄▄ ▄▄▀▀██▄▄      ▄███
█▄███████▄▄██████▄▄▄█████
 █▄██████▌▀▄▄███▀▄▄▄▀▀██
  ▄▀████ █▄██▄██▄▄▄▄▀██
   ▀▀▄▀███▀▀▄▄▀▀▀▀█████▀▄
     ████▄▀▀▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄███▄█
    ▐▌▄█████▀   ▄▄▄█▄▄  ███
     ▀█▄▀█▀▀▄  ████▀███▄▀
       ▐▌▄ ▄█▄█▀██▌ ▀▄
       █▄████▀▀    ▄▄▄█▄
        ▀▄▄▀▄▄▄▀▀▀██▄▄
           ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀
|
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ BY
HACKSAW
G  A  M  I  N  G
          ▄▀▀▀▄
     ▄▄▀▀██▄▄█▄▄
   ▄█▀████████▄▀▀██▄
▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄█████▐███▄
▀██▄▀█▀▀▀▀███▀▀▐▌
█▄██▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀██▄██▐▌
▐▀▀▄▀▀▀▀  ▀  ▀█▀████▀
 ▀█▀  ▐▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▀ ▄▀██▄
 █  ▄██████████▄  ▄█▄
▐▌▀▀█████████████████
▐▌ ▐  ▀▌   ▀  ▀██▀▄█
 ▀▄▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▄▄▀▀
   ▀▀▄▄█▀▀█▄▄▄▄█▀▀
|
....OVER $2,000,000!....
ALREADY GIVEN AWAY
IN LESS THAN 2 WEEKS
....PLAY NOW....
crazywack
Legendary

Activity: 1148

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 12:15:02 PM

beautiful! loved the RT episode, only wish it was longer or addressed how people could buy bit coin and trade for quark. already recouped half the loss this week and the Americas havnt even woke up! Grin

digitalindustry

Activity: 798

‘Try to be nice’

View Profile WWW
December 19, 2013, 12:25:29 PM

RT is fast becoming one of the worlds leading news outlets - they do this though many open systems -

the http://rt.com/shows/keiser-report/episode-538-max-keiser-443/   < was awesome - Quark community come and show support on RT - lets not have this dud guy bashing Quark on a you tube with more comments than a super show like this ?

you can sign in with  G+  Twitter or  FB    to comment , let show RT how big the Community is.

- Twitter @Kolin_Quark
Meebo

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 12:30:50 PM

I think what Quark needs is "low resource miner". Something that takes no more than ~20% of the CPU and can run on the background. If it could mine for some worthy cause (charity or something), even better.

I would not mind that, since it would not affect my gaming or anything. I would not even care about how much Quarks it would mine.

There would be people like me, who would keep it up just to ensure that transactions get made and network to be secure.
lx001

Activity: 1134
Merit: 502

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 12:39:36 PM

fuck that pile-of-shit criptsy. i've been trying to buy quarks for an hour already but somehow my account gets refunded all the time.
now im getting these negative balance glitches.
yesterday on my 2nd account was the same thing but somehow I was able to wirthdraw 2x coins than I have actually bought.
now I have a negative balance in bitcoins and 0 in other currencies. but i wont use cryptsy again so they may go fuck themselves
laowai80

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 12:41:45 PM

fuck that pile-of-shit criptsy. i've been trying to buy quarks for an hour already but somehow my account gets refunded all the time.
yesterday on my 2nd account was the same thing but somehow I was able to wirthdraw 2x coins than I have actually bought.
now I have a negative balance in bitcoins and 0 in other currencies. but i wont use cryptsy again so they may go fuck themselves

try bter.com
digitalindustry

‘Try to be nice’

View Profile WWW
December 19, 2013, 12:58:31 PM

I think what Quark needs is "low resource miner". Something that takes no more than ~20% of the CPU and can run on the background. If it could mine for some worthy cause (charity or something), even better.

I would not mind that, since it would not affect my gaming or anything. I would not even care about how much Quarks it would mine.

There would be people like me, who would keep it up just to ensure that transactions get made and network to be secure.

this is a good idea - come post it on the forum - we have thought of a similar thing  -

+ 1

- Twitter @Kolin_Quark
digitalindustry

‘Try to be nice’

View Profile WWW
December 19, 2013, 01:02:21 PM

I'm not as violent about it but i actually was able to buy at a very low price but get this  - then my account was negative  (btc) for 0.15xxx

then i logged in again  and now its Negative  1.05xxx btc - looks like i'm falling into BTC debt to Crytpsy somehow !

i'm not yelling about it (yet) and i have put in a support ticket also sent Bitjohn a PM - but it concerns me, put it that way -

I want to know if they think i owe them this BTC or its an error ?   if it is a legitimate error - then who owns the cost ?

i can't withdraw any QRK until its fixed > ? ?  ? ?  So this hold up my whole account .

- Twitter @Kolin_Quark
dreamspark

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 01:04:46 PM

Kolin this happened to me but have you checked how many quarks you bought?

The dickheads double bought and now I have twice as much quark as I placed an order for and a negative balance of around 3btc.
digitalindustry

‘Try to be nice’

View Profile WWW
December 19, 2013, 03:14:37 PM

Kolin this happened to me but have you checked how many quarks you bought?

The dickheads double bought and now I have twice as much quark as I placed an order for and a negative balance of around 3btc.

so you think its is legit - and it is that it purchased more?

well its not very awe inspiring confidence  ?

now i have to sell a BTC worth (all be it at a higher price ) or transfer from another acc ?

- Twitter @Kolin_Quark
Pages: « 1 ... 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 [190] 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 ... 443 »
  Print  

Jump to: