Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 05:47:41 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Are my transactions real? Is my wallet broken?  (Read 218 times)
spacecoin91 (OP)

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 01:00:37 PM
Last edit: December 17, 2017, 01:31:58 PM by spacecoin91

Hello Dear Community!

I am a new user to BTC and only did 3 successful transactions until today. I use Coin.Space as a wallet (which was probably a quite bad choice).

I now have a problem, that I don't know if my wallet is working correctly anymore and performs real transactions. I can not see them on BlockChain or put them in a transaction accelerator using my TxID.

Chronological History of my Problem:
1) I tried to do a transaction to adress A using the smallest fee I could (bad choice). Afterwards I got my BTC back into the wallet (incl. fee) after 30h (due to low fee).
2) I then did another transaction to a different adress B using (yes I'm stupid) the same low fee again. This transaction did not confirm either but I could see on the receiving end, that it was processed ("incoming transaction").
3) After I got the BTC back to my wallet I waited a few hours to do the next transaction. After some time I wanted to do my transaction, when I saw that my BTC was gone again and stuck again in a transaction to adress A without me confirming it. After another around 30h I got my BTC back.
4) Then I decided to higher the fee (around 0.0039 BTC per kB) and send it again. It got stuck and I got my money back after around 30h.
5) I created a new account to get a new recieving adress that 100% works and is correct but another transaction  (fee: 0.0031 BTC per kB) is again stuck now.

A concern is, that the last transaction did now show up as an incoming transaction on the recieving end. But the old transaction still shows up as incoming on the receiving end (Double-Spend???)

I now don't know if my transactions are even real or get processed. I observed several other transactions in the CoinSpace feed and there were transactions with lower that get through all the time.

My transaction ID:  5d92626c23d864d3ddae7caf0406a7182f07e23eb67e0aef54bbda5b9ace0704
Link to coin.space transaction page:
https://btc.coin.space/tx/5d92626c23d864d3ddae7caf0406a7182f07e23eb67e0aef54bbda5b9ace0704

I feel like my transactions get rebroadcasted rather than cancelled even though my BTC show up in the wallet, but I can not prove it. Anyways the transactions that my wallet puts out don't seem to be real.

How long should I wait after a transaction got stuck and I got my BTC back on the wallet to make another one?
Will the transaction go smoothly if I transfer to another wallet rather than an online shop balance (which is no actual wallet)?
Are my transactions even real?

Thank you!
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
LoyceV
Legendary

Activity: 3290
Merit: 16540

Thick-Skinned Gang Leader and Golden Feather 2021

View Profile WWW
December 17, 2017, 01:22:27 PM

I now don't know if my transactions are even real or get processed. I observed several other transactions in the CoinSpace feed and there were transactions with lower that get through all the time.

My transaction ID:  5d92626c23d864d3ddae7caf0406a7182f07e23eb67e0aef54bbda5b9ace0704
Link to coin.space transaction page:
https://btc.coin.space/tx/5d92626c23d864d3ddae7caf0406a7182f07e23eb67e0aef54bbda5b9ace0704
I can't tell you what Coin.Space is doing, but I can tell you this transaction did not get broadcasted. Both blockchain.info and blockexplorer.com have no record of it.
Blockchain.info does show an unconfirmed transaction from a week ago though.

I feel like my transactions get rebroadcasted rather than cancelled even though my BTC show up in the wallet, but I can not prove it. Anyways the transactions that my wallet puts out don't seem to be real.

How long should I wait after a transaction got stuck and I got my BTC back on the wallet to make another one?
It depends on how long they keep broadcasting the old transactions.

Will the transaction go smoothly if I transfer to another wallet rather than an online shop balance (which is no actual wallet)?
The receiving wallet doesn't matter, all addresses are treated equal by the Bitcoin network.

Are my transactions even real?
At least your one week old transaction really got broadcasted, so I assume your wallet is not just faking it.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
spacecoin91 (OP)

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 01:35:57 PM
Last edit: December 17, 2017, 01:56:21 PM by spacecoin91

Thanks for your fast answer.
So I have an old transaction that is stuck but does not show up in my wallet.

So as far as I understand I can not do another transaction unless the one you sent me will confirm or finally die?
Can I make it go away?

Update:
The transaction link you sent does not show up as a valid transaction ID in Coin.Space

Update2:
The problem is, the BTC-address on the recieving end changes after every transaction. The transaction you showed me still shows up as incoming, but the address to receive new funds changed.
LoyceV
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 17, 2017, 02:17:54 PM

So as far as I understand I can not do another transaction unless the one you sent me will confirm or finally die?
Can I make it go away?
I don't think there's much you can do. You could try to accelerate it to get it confirmed, or just wait for it to drop from mempool.

The problem is, the BTC-address on the recieving end changes after every transaction. The transaction you showed me still shows up as incoming, but the address to receive new funds changed.
That's normal. Most wallets use a different address for each transaction, for your privacy.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
spacecoin91 (OP)

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 02:30:37 PM

Okay...
Quote from Coin.Space:

"If a transaction remains unconfirmed for too long, it can be eventually "forgotten" by most nodes on the Bitcoin network if no one rebroadcasts the transaction. This happens due to node restarts, mempool expiry times, or mempool eviction because the minimum relay fee has increased. This process typically takes a few days (usually 3)."

So mine is an exception in this rule? How long can it be stuck on there?

I found a site called "How to Clear A Stuck Bitcoin Transaction" from Bitzuma.com, does anyone know if that could work for me?

I am even thinking about selling this wallet for cheap to get a new one with BTC I can actually spend. Tell me if that might be a possibility somehow.
LoyceV
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 17, 2017, 02:36:50 PM

So mine is an exception in this rule? How long can it be stuck on there?
If they still broadcast the transaction it can take a very long time to drop it.

I found a site called "How to Clear A Stuck Bitcoin Transaction" from Bitzuma.com, does anyone know if that could work for me?

I am even thinking about selling this wallet for cheap to get a new one with BTC I can actually spend. Tell me if that might be a possibility somehow.
I'll give you 50% of the value I can take out Tongue But seriously, you can't sell a wallet, because you can still have access to the old private keys, and the new owner can't know for sure you're not accessing it anymore.

Can you export the private keys (under the settings tab, according to Google)? In that case I'd say just import them into Electrum and try from there.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
spacecoin91 (OP)

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 02:41:09 PM

I have the two options:
-Transfer paper wallet
-Private key Export private keys
How could this resolve my problem? I still need to send BTC, I can not use another currency.

Another Idea: could I possibly outbid the transaction that is out now (because I get the money of my new "fake" transactions back after like 30h) with a new one using higher fee?

Here they talk about that:
https://coinspace.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/115004030308-Stuck-Transactions?mobile_site=false
LoyceV
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 17, 2017, 02:45:59 PM

I have the two options:
-Private key Export private keys
Use this one Smiley Don't post your private keys here!

How could this resolve my problem? I still need to send BTC, I can not use another currency.
Once you've imported all your funded private keys into Electrum, you can send the total balance to an address you own by yourself. Although I'm not sure how Electrum handles it if an address already have a transaction in mempool. Basically, you're double spending, which is something I've done from Bitcoin Core in the past.

Another Idea: could I possibly outbid the transaction that is out now (because I get the money of my new "fake" transactions back after like 30h) with a new one using higher fee?
Yes, that's called a double spend. But I'd get rid of coin.space before doing it.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
spacecoin91 (OP)

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 03:40:46 PM

It this final if I export them from CoinSpace? Is there any way that this could even make my situation worse?
LoyceV
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 17, 2017, 03:57:59 PM

It this final if I export them from CoinSpace? Is there any way that this could even make my situation worse?
There are always worse scenarios, for instance if your computer is compromised, if you accidentally send the private key to someone else, or if you download a fake Electrum (this has happened before).

But if your computer is clean, and you're careful, you should be pretty safe.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
spacecoin91 (OP)

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 10:05:02 PM

I am waiting to do this until I see my funds inside the wallet again.

If I enter my transaction ID inside https://pushtx.btc.com/ it says my transaction is double-spent already.

How do I find this out?
spacecoin91 (OP)

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 02:33:27 PM

Tried now.

I can import my keys into Electrum and see my unconfirmed transaction, as well as my balance (of 0 now, since all my BTC are stuck in this transaction).
I can not resend the transaction with a higher fee from there.
I now tried sending it from Coin.Space with a higher fee, but I do not think this will work out since my transaction does not get processed.

Does anyone think I can sell my Private Keys for money if I put on a 50% discount on it?

@LoyceV: I can not send you more than 1 PM per hour.
LoyceV
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 18, 2017, 02:46:49 PM

I can import my keys into Electrum and see my unconfirmed transaction, as well as my balance (of 0 now, since all my BTC are stuck in this transaction).
I can not resend the transaction with a higher fee from there.
Sorry, so Electrum doesn't allow for double spends. I didn't know that.

Does anyone think I can sell my Private Keys for money if I put on a 50% discount on it?
The buyer would be dumb: you still have access after selling them.
I could try it for you from Bitcoin Core, but that goes directly against the "do not ever trust anyone with your private keys" principle.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
spacecoin91 (OP)

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 02:53:13 PM

Yeah seems like it. Cry

You could be the third party that manages the deal. I am also willing to give any possible assurance that I will not do bad things. (ID, contract, whatever)Cheesy
I honestly have no use for these BTC if they are stuck in the orbit for weeks and I am desperate enough to do anything.
It's only 0.0069 BTC (at the time 128 Dollars) so it's not like the world would go under if something goes wrong. I would be fine if I get like 60 Dollars out of it.

How long can it possibly take to be cleared from this **** mempool?
https://blockchain.info/tx/18d6678dd111be0a194d030e9fb1ae15196b39deda402e3017d37dba74849e3c

I also thought about to send it to a friend from real life that can use it later on. He would at least be sure that I do not trick him or anything. And even if the transaction accidentally still goes through, he can still use my BTC from my account I have sent it to and I make a new one.
LoyceV
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 18, 2017, 03:03:03 PM

You could be the third party that manages the deal.
Giving 3 parties access to the same private key doesn't make it any safer.

I am also willing to give any possible assurance that I will not do bad things. (ID, contract, whatever)Cheesy
ID has no value when it comes to crypto, nobody is going to hunt you down for 0.006BTC.

I honestly have no use for these BTC if they are stuck in the orbit for weeks and I am desperate enough to do anything.
Like I said, I can give it a try in Bitcoin Core, and given my track record here I think it's pretty obvious I'm not going to scam you for that.

It's only 0.0069 BTC (at the time 128 Dollars) so it's not like the world would go under if something goes wrong. I would be fine if I get like 60 Dollars out of it.
$60 bonus is always nice.

How long can it possibly take to be cleared from this **** mempool?
https://blockchain.info/tx/18d6678dd111be0a194d030e9fb1ae15196b39deda402e3017d37dba74849e3c
If they keep broadcasting: very long.

I also thought about to send it to a friend from real life that can use it later on. He would at least be sure that I do not trick him or anything. And even if the transaction accidentally still goes through, he can still use my BTC from my account I have sent it to and I make a new one.
That's also an easy solution.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
spacecoin91 (OP)

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 03:33:13 PM

What would very long mean? Weeks? Months?
And how do I know if they are keeping to broadcast it?
I should have an assumption if I would ask my friend.

If we would do it like you suggested:
Can you explain me how this would work exactly if you sell my keys for me?
How likely will I get scammed by the third guy?
How will I possibly get paid?

Just on the side:
Another service told me my transaction is a double-spend; how would I detect that?
If I watch the transaction stuff on Blockchain, I only see BTC coming in from where I bought them and going out into the stuck transaction, so how is it a double-spend?

You can also send me a PN if it is "too personal", I can just not answer you there.
LoyceV
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 18, 2017, 03:48:37 PM

What would very long mean? Weeks? Months?
And how do I know if they are keeping to broadcast it?
I should have an assumption if I would ask my friend.
I don't know, unfortunately.

If we would do it like you suggested:
Can you explain me how this would work exactly if you sell my keys for me?
How likely will I get scammed by the third guy?
How will I possibly get paid?
There won't be a third party, I won't sell your keys, I'll import them in my Bitcoin Core, wait 2 hours to rescan, and make a transaction to your address with much higher fee. This is how I used to double spend, so I assume this still works. If you're okay with me having a share, I'll happily keep a share.

Just on the side:
Another service told me my transaction is a double-spend; how would I detect that?
If I watch the transaction stuff on Blockchain, I only see BTC coming in from where I bought them and going out into the stuck transaction, so how is it a double-spend?
I think the double spend happened when you make a new transaction, while the first is still in mempool.

You can also send me a PN if it is "too personal", I can just not answer you there.
No need, this can all be public (except for your private keys of course!).

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
spacecoin91 (OP)

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 04:05:13 PM

Okay.
So I'm right on detecting double-spends I guess. I mean, you also did not mention any other payments so I think I'm good.

Are you sure this will work? It also didn't work with the other wallet... What if it does not?
I'd be happy to leave you with a reward if this works!
Would it be to the same address or can you specify a new one? If new one: Would the receiving end have to be a wallet? (Because I could save another 15 Bucks fee if it goes directly to the destination I need and no wallet in-between)

I am still probably gonna ask my friend if he arrives at home. If he doens't like the idea you're my number one choice Cheesy Cheesy
LoyceV
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 18, 2017, 04:34:48 PM

Are you sure this will work? It also didn't work with the other wallet... What if it does not?
I'm pretty sure it should work, but if it doesn't work, you're just back to where you are now.

Would it be to the same address or can you specify a new one? If new one: Would the receiving end have to be a wallet? (Because I could save another 15 Bucks fee if it goes directly to the destination I need and no wallet in-between)
It's a new transaction and can be any address.

I am still probably gonna ask my friend if he arrives at home. If he doens't like the idea you're my number one choice Cheesy Cheesy
Deal Smiley

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀