Bitcoin Forum
April 18, 2024, 05:49:53 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: ANN: UnitedBitcoin - UBTC - Launched in Silicon Valley on Dec 12, 2017  (Read 13905 times)
united-bitcoin (OP)

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 09:56:32 AM

Instead of sending the BTC to ourselves and having to reveal our public key why don't we just send you a signed message proving we are owners of a particular address.

This is UnitedBitcoin

Great suggestion, we're looking into that possibility as we speak, but as for now I cannot make any announcements yet
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ss10miner

Activity: 115
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 09:58:13 AM

UBTC is valuable compare with other BTC forks but BCH excepted.  
johnsmithx

Activity: 589
Merit: 507

I don't buy nor sell anything here and never will.

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 09:05:08 PM
Last edit: December 28, 2017, 12:36:11 AM by johnsmithx

Instead of sending the BTC to ourselves and having to reveal our public key why don't we just send you a signed message proving we are owners of a particular address.

Your public key is your address and you logically have to "reveal" your address if you want to receive any UBTC to it, the UB team is great but not telepathic.

My list of 43(+3) reviewed Bitcoin forks | You don't have to download the pre-fork blockchain again for each fork! | Beware of fraudulent AWS accounts sellers and dangerous edu AWS codes! + My personal list of legit sellers and scammers | Never publicly reveal your btc addresses, ownership or any other details and stay very far away from anybody who asks you to! | The general rule of safe buying is: if the seller is a newbie, with no reputation, with no topic nor trust feedback, offering no vouches and/or selling from a locked or self-moderated topic and unwilling to go first or use escrow => AVOID. Always check the trust feedback first and make sure that you have enabled "Show untrusted feedback by default" in "Profile / Forum Profile Information".
kotbi

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
December 27, 2017, 11:37:58 PM

Hello, I submitted my TXID on your  Submission Form on the website a couple days ago in phase 2 distribution. How long does it take for you to send the UBTC?

This is UnitedBitcoin

You will be notified automatically (shortly), give it a few days.

Did any of you see the balance after submitting TXID? Or should I wait till the end of phase two? then I'll be too late if I only find that I submitted wrongly
I checked here block.bitbank.com

I sent to my own address in phase two.  A few of blocks after that, I find my balance of UBTC was taken. now the balance is zero.

████→→       ● BitMEX, trade bitcoin and altcoins using 100X leverage   Use this link to sign up and get 10% off fees for 6 months

████→→       ● BitMEX, 100倍杠杆交易比特币和山寨币  设在香港,提供中文支持, 用此链接开户前6个月节省10%的交易费
Flednas

Activity: 2

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 08:26:07 AM

Your public key is your address and you logically have to "reveal" your address if you want to receive any UBTC to it, the UB team is great but not telepathic.

This is wrong! Your address is a hash of the public key, not the public key itself. Hence, your coins are protected twofold, by the hash function as well as by elliptic curve cryptography. When spending from an address, the public key gets reveals and your coins are not protected by the hash function anymore, only by elliptic curve cryptography.

Thus, claiming the UBTC actually forces you to weaken your security, at least temporarily until you move your coins to a new address.
KurtCobain

Activity: 170
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 12:36:24 PM

This is wrong! Your address is a hash of the public key, not the public key itself. Hence, your coins are protected twofold, by the hash function as well as by elliptic curve cryptography. When spending from an address, the public key gets reveals and your coins are not protected by the hash function anymore, only by elliptic curve cryptography.

Thus, claiming the UBTC actually forces you to weaken your security, at least temporarily until you move your coins to a new address.

UBTC is quite valuable, well worth changing your btc address.
lovin-UBTC

Activity: 1

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 06:16:22 PM

Hi-

Question about receiving UBTC, and whether a 'change address' might mess things up for me.  Here is a transaction that I did in an attempt to claim my UBTC:

Address A (has 1 BTC) send -> Address A (0.1 BTC) and Address B (0.9 BTC)

So when I send the TXID to UB, will I receive 1 UBTC, 0.1 UBTC, or 0.9 BTC?  

Obviously my intention was to do a transaction to claim the full amount of UBTC that I can, but now I'm worried that only the amount sent to the original address (i.e., Address A) will be credited, and not the original amount in Address A, or the amount sent to Address B.

Can you please clarify how your crediting rules will work?

(I have already received the confirmation email acknowledging UB's receipt of my two TXID's, but there wasn't any amount mentioned in that email.)

Thank you!

adaseb
Legendary

Activity: 3738
Merit: 1708

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 10:06:48 PM

Hi-

Question about receiving UBTC, and whether a 'change address' might mess things up for me.  Here is a transaction that I did in an attempt to claim my UBTC:

Address A (has 1 BTC) send -> Address A (0.1 BTC) and Address B (0.9 BTC)

So when I send the TXID to UB, will I receive 1 UBTC, 0.1 UBTC, or 0.9 BTC?  

Obviously my intention was to do a transaction to claim the full amount of UBTC that I can, but now I'm worried that only the amount sent to the original address (i.e., Address A) will be credited, and not the original amount in Address A, or the amount sent to Address B.

Can you please clarify how your crediting rules will work?

(I have already received the confirmation email acknowledging UB's receipt of my two TXID's, but there wasn't any amount mentioned in that email.)

Thank you!

Just send the entire amount to yourself to the same address, you don't need to use a change address.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
dotbitme

Activity: 65
Merit: 2

dotbit.me

View Profile WWW
December 29, 2017, 05:21:19 AM

Note that they have just updated the rules for claiming UBTC:

https://www.ub.com/project/get

Regards
Btcdiv.com - The ultimate source for bitcoin dividends & airdrops

Btcdiv.com - The ultimate source for bitcoin forks & airdrops | Dotbit.me - buy .bit domains for Bitcoins, Namecoins, altcoins or PayPal!
adaseb
Legendary

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 05:43:06 AM

Yes but if you need to contact them anyways with the TXid, why don't you just send them a signed message proving you are owner of the account.

With the huge transaction fees these days it seems like a waste to send balances back and forth.

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
HarryPorter

Activity: 609
Merit: 506

crypto = passion

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 10:02:51 AM

on here https://www.ub.com/project/get we can read  : "Due to this feedback, The UB team has changed the process. Bitcoin holders are not required to send Bitcoin from address A to address A or provide a TXID to prove ownership. This will simplify the user experience."

is that could mean they already decide to take community advice and make new rules during Phase 2 distribution ? Is it possible to claim UBTC by new method already?

if yes, what is the new procedure?

edit:
oh.. just found out new rules are in this letter:

(1) did not receive UBTC in the first round; and

(2) had a Bitcoin balance at block 498,777 higher than 0.01 BTC; and

(3) had activity (outgoing) between block 494,000 and 501,878 (around 12th November 2017 to 3rd January 2018);

now its clear.

Good luck to the UBTC team

https://www.bitmex.com/app/register/XTo064 - enjoy a 10% fee discount for 6 months.
united-bitcoin (OP)

Activity: 11

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 12:49:54 PM

This is UnitedBitcoin

New Electrum wallet released (v3.0.7), it can be released from our website at: https://www.ub.com/project/wallet or directly from our GitHub repository at: https://github.com/UnitedBitcoin/electrum/releases/
rafzalan

Activity: 714
Merit: 105

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 07:50:04 PM

Hi
I like this fork because it is backed by a team of professional devs, also its road-map is well written with special focus on smart contracts.
I have 2 comments:
1- Can I use any standard bitcoin paper wallet to create a new address?
2- I buy some from Yobit but up to now withdrawal is impossible, will be appreciated if team contact them and help to clear any possible issues.
@united-bitcoin

DeepOnion    ▬▬  Anonymous and Untraceable  ▬▬    ENJOY YOUR PRIVACY  •  JOIN DEEPONION
▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐   ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord    ▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌
Get $ONION  (✔Cryptopia  ✔KuCoin)  |  VoteCentral  Register NOW!  |  Download DeepOnion
bspus
Legendary

Activity: 2165
Merit: 1002

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 04:49:43 PM

I'm starting to feel like an idiot here.

Supposedly, everything is explained on this page
https://www.ub.com/project/get

But in fact, it says almost nothing.
Where can I find that link to check if any of my addresses can claim ubtc? I'm actually not sure; I made some moves around that time from old standard addresses to new bech32.
I don't remember exactly when and I'd like to check what if any of them can claim before I start signing and sending stuff.

Where do I actually send whatever I need to send? A specific email address, an online form, what?

Xandan

Activity: 1106
Merit: 504

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 04:53:20 PM

Can it be confirmed here whether blockchain.info will support this fork or not. I don't see anything mentioned in this regard as my larger portion of my Bitcoins is there and I was sure like other previous fork it will also be supported by them. Will not be fine to release some list of exchanges which have shown interest in this fork ?
the artful bodger

Activity: 292
Merit: 265

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 05:00:58 PM

edit:

(3) had activity (outgoing) between block 494,000 and 501,878 (around 12th November 2017 to 3rd January 2018);

Does that mean we have to move our bitcoins to a new address before 3rd January in order to claim UnitedBitcoin?
adaseb
Legendary

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 08:31:18 PM

edit:

Does that mean we have to move our bitcoins to a new address before 3rd January in order to claim UnitedBitcoin?

Yes

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
tclo

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 07:44:16 PM
Last edit: December 31, 2017, 10:23:57 PM by tclo

It means you have to have an outgoing transaction before Jan 3.  You can send any amount to yourself and it should work.   They are just trying to filter out dormant addresses like Satoshi's.

But the snapshot already happened, so unless you had a balance in that address on Dec 12, then won't matter.
tclo

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 10:24:40 PM

I looked up some of my addresses at:

https://www.ub.com/explorer

And if I have a UBTC balance with that info, do I need to do anything else by Jan 3?  I don't think so but not sure.
bspus
Legendary

Activity: 2165
Merit: 1002

View Profile
January 01, 2018, 06:54:10 AM

I have some segwit addresses I would like to check but that explorer does not seem to recognize them

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: