Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 03:31:15 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: ANN: UnitedBitcoin - UBTC - Launched in Silicon Valley on Dec 12, 2017  (Read 13896 times)
xlcus
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1009

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 02:08:27 PM

Found this on their website
We expect to distribute UBTC by 24 th January 2018 as announced yesterday.
This would suggest that there is some manual intervention required perhaps?
Maybe I am being too much of an optimist but I would hope that the UB coins will get distributed fairly by that date.
Otherwise if all the coins have ended up with Mr Garzik then I can't see it being that useful as a currency, I mean, who the hell would want any if only one person has them all??

So we can send and trade the ubtc till 24th Jan?
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Jonasch

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 05:07:00 PM

I moved my BTC before Jan 2nd to other addresses.
All BTC is on hardware wallets.
How can I claim UnitedBitcoin?
RealMachasm

Activity: 187
Merit: 25

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 09:10:51 PM

The distribution seems weird. Any reasons behind it?

This is UnitedBitcoin

Thank you for asking, yes are several reasons. Let me explain, UnitedBitcoin’ s fork breaks from convention with regards to distribution by differentiating between active- and inactive addresses. There are several advantages for doing so, first of all, it allows us to distribute UBTC across chains and across communities. Second, because there is less alt-coin flipping, resulting in less volatility for Bitcoin itself. Lastly, the remaining (inactive) balance can be used as collateral for future Eco-system developments.

Except from the utterly stupid conditions regarding which addresses are inactive and which aren't.
My address was active at the time of phase 2. I transferred them to another wallet after the fork.

3LrRBnTe6CDtMXkvpsXj5fVZyfjFVJf2ZW
frankmcnn

Activity: 3

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 08:11:03 PM

Surely a new phase is needed. There are a lot of us that simply didn't know about the requirements to move the coins. I see in all the forums people complaining about not knowing. A policy update is needed with a new phase, at least with the half of ration. And a bit of an effort to reach to the people is needed. It seems that everything is at the developer and inside info level. Especially with the policy of redistributing the inactive wallets, it seems a bit sketchy that only 2 phases were allowed, in a very short period of time.
Regards,
Frank.
russokai

Activity: 130
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 10:32:08 PM

Surely a new phase is needed. There are a lot of us that simply didn't know about the requirements to move the coins. I see in all the forums people complaining about not knowing. A policy update is needed with a new phase, at least with the half of ration. And a bit of an effort to reach to the people is needed. It seems that everything is at the developer and inside info level. Especially with the policy of redistributing the inactive wallets, it seems a bit sketchy that only 2 phases were allowed, in a very short period of time.
Regards,
Frank.

A new phase isn't needed.  I didn't know about the Stellar airdrop last year and missed out on that.  And it was 100% my fault and Stellar doesn't need another airdrop.

If you didn't know the requirement for United Bitcoin fork, then it's 100% your fault.   You missed this one, so try to pay attention better next time and perhaps you won't make the same mistake.
frankmcnn

Activity: 3

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 01:11:23 AM

That's the typical I fucked up, it feels good other did too. And the Stelar had the same policy? The developer will take all the coins from inactive wallets? It was a suggestion to inform the team that others didn't meet the requirements because they didn't know, not because there was no interest. Most of us were waiting to have there forks finished, so we can move our coins only one time. Some of us, invested without being active in the tech every second of our lives. So, a missed deadline is not that uncommon. O month, especially during the holiday season, seems everything was done in a hurry....Anyway, again, you are just an ass because you felt bad loosing, now the impact is softer, when you see others going the same road...
RCB100%

Activity: 126

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 01:27:38 AM

I want to translation Vietnamese, if you need Pm me. This one interesting project with the best great idea. Dowbload and success as you. Good luck success!
xlcus
Legendary

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 06:38:48 AM

This is UnitedBitcoin

The following exchanges will list UBTC today:

- Quoinex - https://quoinex.com
- Qryptos - https://qryptos.com
- OkEx - https://okex.com

Great. Okex is a large exchange in Asia.
The problem is when I can send my UBTC from my wallet to exchanges?
After 24th Jan?
rafzalan

Activity: 714
Merit: 105

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 09:26:17 AM

This is UnitedBitcoin

The following exchanges will list UBTC today:

- Quoinex - https://quoinex.com
- Qryptos - https://qryptos.com
- OkEx - https://okex.com

Great. Okex is a large exchange in Asia.
The problem is when I can send my UBTC from my wallet to exchanges?
After 24th Jan?

This is UnitedBitcoin

For your reference:
- https://support.okex.com/hc/zh-cn/articles/115003834352
- https://support.okex.com/hc/en-us/articles/115003834352
Please contact Yobit, UBTC is trading there but withdrawal suspended.
Thanks for support

DeepOnion    ▬▬  Anonymous and Untraceable  ▬▬    ENJOY YOUR PRIVACY  •  JOIN DEEPONION
▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐   ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord    ▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌
Get $ONION  (✔Cryptopia  ✔KuCoin)  |  VoteCentral  Register NOW!  |  Download DeepOnion
Gabrics

Activity: 183
Merit: 112

Just digging around

View Profile WWW
January 10, 2018, 02:55:49 AM

If the main reason was to spam the already congested Bitcoin network with "user spam" moving coins around just to get UB then it was not really successful. Too few people knew about it IMHO (including me).

My 2c is that there will be a next round... (or not).
rafzalan

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 04:08:48 AM

I understand from road map that team want to claim active account balances, so what will happen to inactives?

DeepOnion    ▬▬  Anonymous and Untraceable  ▬▬    ENJOY YOUR PRIVACY  •  JOIN DEEPONION
Get $ONION  (✔Cryptopia  ✔KuCoin)  |  VoteCentral  Register NOW!  |  Download DeepOnion
rafzalan

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 04:13:19 AM
Last edit: January 11, 2018, 02:29:33 AM by rafzalan

Please contact Yobit, UBTC is trading there but withdrawal suspended.
Thanks for support

This is UnitedBitcoin

We did, waiting for their reply.
Looks whales there want to buy ubtc as cheap as possible before open wallet, not fair

platorin

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 06:22:56 PM

Hello. Looks like I missed phase one distribution. Do I still get my coins if I import priv keys to your btc united wallet?
janice ho

Activity: 10

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 06:41:28 AM
Last edit: January 11, 2018, 07:16:11 AM by janice ho

This is UnitedBitcoin

The following exchanges started trading UBTC today:

- HB.top - http://HB.top/

UnitedBitcoin
Linking Values & Serving the world
janice ho

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 07:00:07 AM

Hello. Looks like I missed phase one distribution. Do I still get my coins if I import priv keys to your btc united wallet?

Did you meet our criteria of phase 1 or phase 2?

You must have held bitcoin at block height 498,777 and conducted an outgoing transaction between 494,000 and the fork (498,777) to meet phase 1 criteria and receive UBTC automatically.

If not, phase 2 criteria is that you must have bitcoin at block height 498,777 and conducted an outgoing transaction between 494,000 and 502,315, which will result in distribution of UBTC on 24 Jan 2018.

However, if you do not fulfill both phases then please provide proof of an outgoing transaction from the address that held BTC at 498,777 along with detailed explanation as why you missed phase 1 or phase 2.

Please email to supprt@ub.com for assistance.
RealMachasm

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 09:07:52 AM

You must have held bitcoin at block height 498,777 and conducted an outgoing transaction between 494,000 and the fork (498,777) to meet phase 1 criteria and receive UBTC automatically.

If not, phase 2 criteria is that you must have bitcoin at block height 498,777 and conducted an outgoing transaction between 494,000 and 502,315, which will result in distribution of UBTC on 24 Jan 2018.

However, if you do not fulfill both phases then please provide proof of an outgoing transaction from the address that held BTC at 498,777 along with detailed explanation as why you missed phase 1 or phase 2.

So just to be clear.
Are you saying that if I had BTC at an address at block height 498,777 and then transferred all the BTC from that address to a different address AFTER block 498,777 then I will qualify for the distribution that will happen on the 24th? Or is the outgoing transaction supossed to have been on the UBTC chain??
If so, will the UBTC be sent back to the address they were taken from at block 498,777 ?
Seems like a very convoluted way of doing things.

janice ho

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 10:09:32 AM

So just to be clear.
Are you saying that if I had BTC at an address at block height 498,777 and then transferred all the BTC from that address to a different address AFTER block 498,777 then I will qualify for the distribution that will happen on the 24th? Or is the outgoing transaction supossed to have been on the UBTC chain??
If so, will the UBTC be sent back to the address they were taken from at block 498,777 ?

If you are eligible to below requirements then you will receive UBTC:-

During phase 2, an amount of UBTC, equal to the balance at Bitcoin block 498,777, will be distributed at a 1:1 ratio to eligible addresses that satisfy the following conditions.

(1) did not receive UBTC in the first round; and

(2) had a Bitcoin balance at block 498,777 (approximately UTC +0 midnight 12th December 2017)higher than 0.01 BTC; and

(3) had activity (outgoing) between block 494,000 and 502,315 (around 12th November 2017 to 3rd January 2018); 

We expect to distribute UBTC by 24 th January 2018 as announced.

All information is available at www.ub.com
RealMachasm

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 02:18:34 PM

So just to be clear.

If you are eligible to below requirements then you will receive UBTC:-

During phase 2, an amount of UBTC, equal to the balance at Bitcoin block 498,777, will be distributed at a 1:1 ratio to eligible addresses that satisfy the following conditions.

(1) did not receive UBTC in the first round; and

(2) had a Bitcoin balance at block 498,777 (approximately UTC +0 midnight 12th December 2017)higher than 0.01 BTC; and

(3) had activity (outgoing) between block 494,000 and 502,315 (around 12th November 2017 to 3rd January 2018);  

We expect to distribute UBTC by 24 th January 2018 as announced.

All information is available at www.ub.com

Thank you.
Is the distribution for phase 2 happening exactly on the 24th or is the UBTC being distributed now up till the 24th?
I need to know if I should be checking my addresses periodically or just check them on the 24th.

taetaeve

Activity: 31

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 02:45:31 PM

I read pinned message many time) But I don't understand some things. There are some info about 24th Jan. It means that my coins will available at that date?
xlcus
Legendary

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 02:51:02 PM

I read pinned message many time) But I don't understand some things. There are some info about 24th Jan. It means that my coins will available at that date?

I can see the balance in my wallet, but I can't spend them now. Should I wait for 24th?
The distribution model fucks all things up. And it's worse than 1% pre-mine.
Greedy....
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: