Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 06:26:38 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Topic: MotaCoin[Official][MOTA][X13] Developments & Discussions  (Read 1043 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Jahvinci (OP)

Activity: 335
Merit: 45

View Profile WWW
August 07, 2022, 02:35:18 AM

Straight PoS? All the more reason to have the old block reward. Now that is it crap : Dead coin walking.

So… since 10,000 mota isn’t mined via pow and dumped on the market daily….that means the coin is dead. Lol…got it. Thx for the input.

www.Motacoin.net - Launched March 18th, 2018 - Los Angeles based Cannabis Cryptocurrency!
www.Instagram.com/Motacoin | www.T.me/MotaCoin
www.Twitter.com/Motacoin_ | https://discord.gg/KMJrZZp

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
elmo40

Activity: 665
Merit: 15

View Profile
August 08, 2022, 02:59:19 AM

And how is that working out for ya?

Nice steady price... into the gutter.

Why do devs have the notion that dropping block reward (halving, in most cases) means price increase? Or is there another reason to drag out total supply mining time for 50 years?
Jahvinci (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 08, 2022, 03:19:32 PM

And how is that working out for ya?

Nice steady price... into the gutter.

Why do devs have the notion that dropping block reward (halving, in most cases) means price increase? Or is there another reason to drag out total supply mining time for 50 years?

Well unfortunately we got exploited at our ATH (as did many other hybrid pow/pos coins in that time period)... that caused a price crash, and the 10k dumped daily sure did accelerate that crash.....

And are you joking or do you honestly not understand basic economics? Supply & Demand, go spend 2 minutes learning about it. If there are 1 million mota minted per day, the price will find a new equilibrium based on the delta of supply - price will be lowered - obviously. If there is only 0.00001 mota minted per day, the price will increase to reflect higher demand through the lower supply. You should know this.

Who is dragging out the total supply mining time? There will always be staking to subsidize the mining, otherwise people won't be using their wallets to process transactions. There is no max supply. There is about 180,000 mota minted per year under the new rewards, which would have previously taken only 18 days to generate.

With the dramatic reduction in supply of new mota minted, you would be wise to stock up at these prices. Time will tell the tale.

www.Motacoin.net - Launched March 18th, 2018 - Los Angeles based Cannabis Cryptocurrency!
elmo40

View Profile
August 09, 2022, 07:26:54 PM

I appreciate the reply but in the world of Crypto, it has almost no resemblance of typical economic supply&demand reactions. Clearly the price did not move higher due to xx% slower in creating coin. I'd venture to guess it is still in a price(demand) decline.

You need to realize that crypto is only worth what the next youtube sensation or pop star(or billionaire) will gab about it. With only ~5% of the world involved with crypto and most coins being practically unknown(and 10 new ones created daily...), there will not be a demand for any of them except the big 5. All clones rise with BTC.

I am not knocking the system you have here, I am simply stating a fact from what I see in price charts. The only boost coins get is either from BTC going up or, as I mentioned, someone famous making people aware it even exists.

I have some. No point in mining and too little for earning in stake rewards. Time does tell, eventually  Wink

Jahvinci (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 17, 2022, 03:41:33 PM

I appreciate the reply but in the world of Crypto, it has almost no resemblance of typical economic supply&demand reactions. Clearly the price did not move higher due to xx% slower in creating coin. I'd venture to guess it is still in a price(demand) decline.

You need to realize that crypto is only worth what the next youtube sensation or pop star(or billionaire) will gab about it. With only ~5% of the world involved with crypto and most coins being practically unknown(and 10 new ones created daily...), there will not be a demand for any of them except the big 5. All clones rise with BTC.

I am not knocking the system you have here, I am simply stating a fact from what I see in price charts. The only boost coins get is either from BTC going up or, as I mentioned, someone famous making people aware it even exists.

I have some. No point in mining and too little for earning in stake rewards. Time does tell, eventually  Wink

We can agree to disagree that crypto does not resemble typial economic supply & demand. The price will indeed move higher due to -96% reduction in new coins, when 10k were minted daily - toward the end - it was getting dumped to 1,2,3,4,5 satoshis for a couple months, then the change hits and now we are comfortably above 10.

Luckily we are actually being used by real businesses, so that puts us with the few.

In response to the only boost coins get is from btc going up, how do you explain us hitting $0.115 per mota in august of 2021? We were definitely in a bear market while MOTA took 30,000% gains from 1/3 penny to almost 12 pennys per coin, over a three/four month period. We did that while every other coin was falling.

Jahvinci (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 17, 2023, 06:48:37 PM

Major Announcement!!!

MotaCoin has been featured on Greenleaf Magazine!🎊🎉🥳🍾
Check out www.GreenleafMag.com to read the full issue and check out what MotaCoin and fam have been up too!

🔥🔥🔥Also featured🔥🔥🔥
#DigitalNote #XDN DigitalNote
#Potcoin #POT Potcoin
#ReddCoin #RDD ReddCoin
#BlockchainFinancial.com Blockchain Financial
#PhoenixBlockchain #PHX Phoenix Blockchain
Stay tuned for more news and updates, huge shout out and thank you to the team at Greenleaf Magazine!

elmo40

View Profile
September 19, 2023, 05:03:53 AM

Nice to see various projects being talked about. Brings awareness, if nothing else.

With top 20 wallets having 800k+ each, there really isn't any faith for new people to grab a handful, for fear a whale will dump (again).

Going PoS was a weird move. I guess having a long run of PoW helped spread the coin around, but the top5 PoS earners also hold the top10 balances. Not 'fair' for people just getting in with a few grand worth. I believe these wallet holders should staking=0 in their conf files, but hold the wallets open for network stability. They have 'enough'. Allow the small fry to earn a few crumbs.
Jahvinci (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 24, 2023, 05:06:52 PM

Nice to see various projects being talked about. Brings awareness, if nothing else.

With top 20 wallets having 800k+ each, there really isn't any faith for new people to grab a handful, for fear a whale will dump (again).

Going PoS was a weird move. I guess having a long run of PoW helped spread the coin around, but the top5 PoS earners also hold the top10 balances. Not 'fair' for people just getting in with a few grand worth. I believe these wallet holders should staking=0 in their conf files, but hold the wallets open for network stability. They have 'enough'. Allow the small fry to earn a few crumbs.

Whales didn't dump much during our ATH, the reason the price dropped was 2 reasons: a) We got exploited and hackers minted a ton of coins and dumped. That was addressed and we not only patched it successfully, but we also learned how to replicate their exploit. b) there was 10k mota mined every day and dumped on the market. At $0.10 per coin, that's $1000 a day hammering the bid liquidity. That's why we went full POS. Its not fair for literally 2 miners to be draining so much liquidity every day.

As far as the top 5 pos earners 'unfairly' hogging all the stakes, keep in mind there are only 420 mota minted via pos each. That's $2 worth of mota every day. Its virtually nothing. So the top 5 pos earners are splitting $2 worth of mota each day lol. Moving to full POS is imperative to holding price gains. Since our last discussion, after moving to full POS, we are up 300%.

The staking rewards are low enough to be considered irrelevent imo. How many of the top wallets are actually staking? A handful??

Only 2 of the top wallets are even staking (https://chainz.cryptoid.info/mota/#!wallets)

That all being said, we are very very undervalued, no one is dumping at these prices. There are plenty of coins to be picked up on the markets at these prices.

I think we finally have everything lined up to moonshot again, and this time we will hold the price gains. As I correctly predicted sustained gains after switching to full pos, I predict that we will go much much higher than our current ATH and these prices are bargains.

Like last time, we will see!

Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: