Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 02:05:09 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How long does it take to make a buy and a sell?  (Read 1447 times)
MathGame

Activity: 168
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 08:42:19 PM

does it vary for different coins? I'm asking because if I want to day trade I want to make sure its doable. Someone told me it takes a long time to have a buy go through and a sell.
No, you got the wrong information. some traders buy and sell bitcoin every two to three days. you can even buy bitcoin in the morning and sell later in the afternoon when you make your desired profit.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Iwantthesundae (OP)

Activity: 47
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 03:54:34 AM

does it vary for different coins? I'm asking because if I want to day trade I want to make sure its doable. Someone told me it takes a long time to have a buy go through and a sell.
No, you got the wrong information. some traders buy and sell bitcoin every two to three days. you can even buy bitcoin in the morning and sell later in the afternoon when you make your desired profit.

Right, I got info from a friend who said the buy and sells arent instantaneous...

I should have clarified,

If I want to buy AT MARKET PRICE for example if LTC takes a dip and goes down to  $300 and I buy right when the dip starts to recover at $305 and it goes back to baseline of $350 and then SELL... in essence if I only bought one LTC I just made $45

$305LTC - $350LTC= $45USD

Thats why I asked about how long it takes to buy and sell LTC-BTC-ETH Usually the dips happen and they recover in a couple minutes. If I can't BUY at market price when it dips and then sell at market price when it recovers then my friend was right but I'm in the dark because i havent done it myself and IM RELYING ON ALL YOUR KNOWELDGE!! Which I appreciate immensely.. I love forums and have learned many different things for being part of a community and I know if I have info on something to share it as I did at the bottom of this post about coinbase USD transfers to gdax.

I am going to start with around $100-300usd and do some test buy/sells.. I've been studying the charts and I am pretty confident in my chart analysis.. I am a newbie with crypto but I have day traded (not much but i understand it) with my brother on the stock market.

I also learned through my own playing around on coinbase and GDAX that there is a work around to buy the price of crypto at market price instead of coinbases inflated price by using GDAX
1. transfers from coinbase of USD currency have no fees. therefore I can fund coinbase and transfer USD to GDAX instantaneously and get away from the inflated coinbase price. As far as what I read this seems possible but until my USD funds are in coinbase I will not know if it actually works if it does I will report back and make a thread about it so people can save money on their first purchase.

Im still not verified on poloniex and I studdied the graphs on there as well as the volume(pretty busy) I am verified on bittrexx BUT my issues with trading on bittrexx is there is no selling out of crypto into USD so i have to deal with an exchange fee to send to a different exchange that will let me sell from crypto to USD.  unless there is a exchange that has multiple coins(more then just btc-eth-ltc

I know poloniex has USDT but i cant transfer that out into my bank account??? im not sure if that is possible in poloniex? are there any that do allow bank transfers other then coinbase,GDAX(I wont dare use gemini)??

Iwantthesundae (OP)

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 04:15:07 AM

just to respond to the remarks of me being a newbie. I buy and sell cars for a living and started literally with no money. you buy cars low and sell for more then your in it for. same thing with crypto exchanges and on the stock market exchange.

Except I need to learn about the exchange rates for transfering from exchanges to an exchange that I can cash out to USD. BTW the fees for day trading on the stock market or way higher then any of the fees on the crypto exchanges So i really dont see the big fuss about the fees. However, Im using microeconomics to do my best to keep my fees for trading coins and transferring to exchanges and out to USD to a minimum.

I need to figure out the fees for trading crypto coins say for example using LTC to buy XRP an then when I made the profit i want to XRP to LTC or whatever coin i want to trade it into. thats the part I definately need to figure out. starting out im probably gonna stick with the 3 big ones ltc-eth ad btc and watch for dips and sell on the recover.

the crypto exchanges are more lucrative because its barely regulated and I know it will be regulated in the future at some point because crypto is getting major talk right now, and I've watched  the whales doing their manipulation. Wink

I could have bought BTC at $16 a couple years ago so believe me I was pretty annoyed but it is what it is, Im not gonna cry over it.
lagista

Activity: 336
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 06:17:56 AM

the time frame for buying and selling an erratic coin is because the coin prices are very volatile and hard to predict, but I think that 2-3 months is a very good time to make a sale because the coin price will go up.
Harsh_Patel

Activity: 182

Algo Trader

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 06:34:42 AM

You have to keep in mind following factors:
  • Time of Hodling
  • Target Closing Price
  • Network Traffic if you are day trader and using Decentralised Exchange
  • Trading fees discourage the market taking orders
  • Position you are holding
  • Trend Reversal
  • If you are Algorithmic Trader than it could be from a Seconds to a Day

I am sorry for my wrong doings.

▰▰▰▰▰▰▰ Hindi Translation Delivery in 5 days ▰▰▰▰▰▰▰
Adrin

Activity: 294

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 10:56:38 AM

Buy and sell it’s means Trading if someone want to trade they must coin buy and sell for a short time and long time system. Number one is short time system if you want to daily income you can do daily trading that means short time trading or if you want to slow income but big amount so you must hold coin and some year later you can got a huge money.
Icaxx

Activity: 168

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 11:09:14 AM

Well, i dont understand what are you trying to say. Do you mean to make the order taken in the market or just put sell or buy limit?
If you mean is amking your order taken in the market it is depending in the market run. Fast run is faster filled. But if buy or sell with recent price, you order will be filled in just few seconds.
But if you mean just put the sell or buy order, it is just take a minutes.
Iwantthesundae (OP)

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 11:39:23 AM

hmm, I noticed people reply without reading the entire thread? i had posted 2 additional post on the 2nd page to clarify.. Im guessing i may need to edit my first post?
swsw098222

Activity: 121

View Profile WWW
December 19, 2017, 11:56:55 AM

its depens coins as well as well as  how much profit you want to earn.if you sell it with less profit it will sell faster than others.in addition,you need to select the right coin to trade.
pushkarmore

Activity: 241

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 12:19:05 PM

There are many factors involved here, just like availability or you can say supply and demand of those coins into the market, where you are trading whether the exchange is having the necessary volume of stock or not. Otherwise, nowadays it's an easy job in the digital world to buy or sell the coin, but make sure that you are picking a good and valuable coin whose transactions are transparent and it can digest some big volume of order flow. so it depends on the coin and the exchange for the time period taken to make buy and sell decisions.
Ryanpogi

Activity: 294

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 07:27:40 AM

You can buy it if it is a lot if it decreases and if you increase your sales immediately everything is bigger for your profit. so you do not have to repent later. Roll Eyes
Aubrey Wilson

Activity: 58

View Profile
April 26, 2018, 05:29:47 AM

You’re able to buy and sell via Coinbase quickly. When you buy you lock in the price, even though you might not have access to the currency, yet. This can take up to a week. When you sell, you also lock in the price, but you may have to wait a few days until the monies are passed into your bank account. Coinbase under promises and over delivers.
Fergale

Activity: 29

View Profile
April 26, 2018, 08:09:23 AM

There are one-on-one ways to buy, sell, and transfer. With this, your mileage will vary depending on your own skills, abilities, and know-how. Even though there is a fee, I’d stick to Coinbase for most of my transactions. Gemini and Kraken are also great networks, and good for alt coins.
pinkpanther03

Activity: 1092
Merit: 501

View Profile
April 28, 2018, 12:38:31 PM

This is all depend on on you of how much you like to get a profit. Because you will observe for a moment the flow of value of the token you bought just an example if you bought some coins. So the longevity of waiting is all depend on your decision mate.
damsix
Copper Member

Activity: 560
Merit: 46

Id Telegram : @dam_six

View Profile WWW
June 09, 2018, 08:56:10 AM

it depends on all you want it can be, because in cryptocurrency that all decisions are held by themselves.

if I trade every day and targets a profit of 10%, if it is profitable 10% in 10 minutes then it is finished and tomorrow in the next kan it again.

Visbay

Activity: 1236
Merit: 252

View Profile
June 10, 2018, 05:39:41 AM

it depends on all you want it can be, because in cryptocurrency that all decisions are held by themselves.

if I trade every day and targets a profit of 10%, if it is profitable 10% in 10 minutes then it is finished and tomorrow in the next kan it again.
Yes it is all about the one who is trading if the person is willing to trade for the long term then will earn accordingly and they one who is willing to trade for the day then will earn day wise so taking your decision is the most important step so better if you choose the right time and the right step for it, most of people use to buy at low and hold for long term then trade long ago so it gives then huge profit.
Kira Del Rosario

Activity: 83

View Profile
June 10, 2018, 05:48:23 AM

It'll just take a second when you're selling or buying a coin if you'll follow the order of people who've set it. But it's always good to buy cheap and to sell high of course.
Poortorich2018

Activity: 70

View Profile
June 10, 2018, 06:13:48 AM

In the Bitcoins we don't have exact time,day,month and year for the proper time to buy and sell but you need to br watchful everyday, everytime because sometimes like a air will spread once , so the value of coins will going up and going down, if your investment of coins is enough to sell then go ahead, if the value will so high that's your time to sell it . and when the time to buy, if the value of coins is very low so its time to invest, time to buy. take courage to do whatever you are thinking to do.
Venn Harris

Activity: 107

View Profile
June 12, 2018, 05:30:15 PM

I think it depends. If you are a day trader, you will sell your coin when you see a level of profit. If you are the long term investment, you just follow your strategy. So, there is no exact answer for your question.
valentine401

Activity: 378

View Profile
June 12, 2018, 05:33:24 PM

In the Bitcoins we don't have exact time,day,month and year for the proper time to buy and sell but you need to br watchful everyday, everytime because sometimes like a air will spread once , so the value of coins will going up and going down, if your investment of coins is enough to sell then go ahead, if the value will so high that's your time to sell it . and when the time to buy, if the value of coins is very low so its time to invest, time to buy. take courage to do whatever you are thinking to do.

yes you are right, the profit you will earn will be always depending on the season because supply and demand will always be depending on the investors who are affecting the prices in the market just the same as your profit.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: