Bitcoin Forum
March 29, 2024, 07:59:46 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Re: The BitcoinBux Xchange (with anonymous options)  (Read 1297 times)
getbitcoin (OP)

Activity: 46
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
July 05, 2011, 02:03:57 AM

Hey guys. Don't mean to derail the thread, but here's some shameless self-promotion:

We've just launched our own Bitcoin exchange website at https://www.get-bitcoin.com/. We offer the same convenient, next-day services, plus we buy/sell Bitcoin at the intraday market rate rather than the high/low (so you get a better price), and our fees are lower, 5% rather than 8%.

And, er, some friendly advice to the OP: if you don't require ID verification, at least for amounts over $10,000, you're going to get shut down by the Feds for not complying with their reporting requirements.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
WiseOldOwl

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
July 05, 2011, 04:00:26 PM
Last edit: July 05, 2011, 04:17:56 PM by WiseOldOwl

Thank you for hijacking my post,
3% isnt to much to pay for someone with more than 14 posts to handle your business.
Let me know when you do a 10,000 dollar transaction lol.
Do you even have enough bitcoins to fill orders?
what if i wanted 50 within an hour??
Plus I never said anything about next day service. I offer services that can be completed in a hour.
Also, the number one most important thing is I take moneypak's and process them instantly.
Also, I fully intend on beating your listed prices. But at the same time, I know the risk involved and we need a decent spread to mitigate the risk, along with maintaining a proper flow of traffic.
SSL is used on http://xchange.bitcoinbux.com too.
I also saw that you plan to fill orders for free if you cant fill them within 24 hours? If you cant fill them within 24 hours what makes you think you will be able to fill them at all + give them away free.
Also, I saw that you plan on actually processing fraudulent money orders somehow and i guess you think it will affect you.
I dont think you know what you are doing to be honest.
Between me and my team,
We have a financial services center manager.
We own an investment group LLC California base
We have a career day trader (the big boy market not magic the gathering online exchange lol).
And all of us have extensive financial/business knowledge.
People on this forum have already trusted me with 100's of bitcoins and we have not had one problem out of all the games and services i've offered.
I also have a publicly traded company on glbse that a lot of people here invested in.
I am not the one you want to use to base your advertisements on, I will use your company and all the work youve done, to my own ends. I also feel like submitting a large order to watch you scramble and to hopefully receive it "free", but you only have 14 posts and Id be scared you would take my money.
getbitcoin (OP)

Activity: 46
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
July 05, 2011, 09:50:49 PM

Do you even have enough bitcoins to fill orders?
what if i wanted 50 within an hour??

We unfortunately can't guarantee the transaction within an hour, since, well, we all might be asleep if you made the order at 4 AM, But yes, we could fill 50 BTC (or 500 BTC for that matter) without any trouble.

I also saw that you plan to fill orders for free if you cant fill them within 24 hours? If you cant fill them within 24 hours what makes you think you will be able to fill them at all + give them away free.

We'd obviously take a loss in that case, since we wouldn't make any money from the (waived) fee, and we'd still have to process the order, pay the exchange fees, etc. But we feel that it's worth it so that customers are satisfied.

Also, I saw that you plan on actually processing fraudulent money orders somehow and i guess you think it will affect you.

I'm afraid I don't understand... Few people take money orders at all because of the high risk of fraud. We do, but there's a possibility we might have to limit it down the road if there's too much fraud. Obviously, we won't process an order if we know the payment is fake.

I dont think you know what you are doing to be honest.

We obviously aren't perfect, but I do think that ordering through us is a superior alternative to ordering OTC from some random, anonymous forum poster, which is what a lot of people are doing now (and a lot of people have gotten burned by scammers). If some OTC guy rips people off and gets a bad rep, all he has to do is spend five minutes to register another account and he can go right back to ripping people off. If we ripped people off and got a bad rep, we'd have to invent a new site design, register a new domain name, get new SSL certs, incorporate a new company, get new bank accounts.... which is why we wouldn't do that (in addition to just standard ethical norms).

We have a financial services center manager.
We own an investment group LLC California base
We have a career day trader (the big boy market not magic the gathering online exchange lol).
And all of us have extensive financial/business knowledge.

I don't want this to turn into a flamewar, which is why I've been talking about my site rather than flaming you and your site, but can you provide any proof of any of that? (If anyone here wants proof from us that we're legit, just email info@get-bitcoin.com and we'll send you the incorporation paperwork, photo ID, resumes, bios, whatever.)
I also feel like submitting a large order to watch you scramble and to hopefully receive it "free"

Challenge accepted - you're on! Let's see if we can get that first 10,000 USD order within a week...
WiseOldOwl

View Profile WWW
July 05, 2011, 10:54:34 PM
Last edit: August 01, 2011, 07:17:41 PM by WiseOldOwl

Edit*
You don't deserve this level of info-
V4Vendettas

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 06, 2011, 01:16:04 AM

Bout to get heavy I think.

Either way will mention you both to any silkys that need some coin.

WiseOldOwl

View Profile WWW
July 06, 2011, 01:45:37 AM
Last edit: July 06, 2011, 09:52:04 PM by WiseOldOwl

Thank you,
I have a satisfied silk road seller if anyone wants to contact him.
Fasthandsadam is his user name on SR.
He said he would be happy to confirm the service.
Thanx
Im done with this thread though.

we do 5% now too
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: