Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 01:17:24 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is the current market value of BTC justified?  (Read 170 times)
GreenBits
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1048

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 03:54:47 PM

It seems now that BTC and many of the main cryptos are our of reach for a majority of people. It’s become a speculative disaster waiting to happen. A peer to peer decentralised form of payment now left in the hands of 2 individuals who own more than 40% of it and an ever increasing and  volatile price which makes transacting in BTC for goods and services practically impossible. It’s fair to assume that satoshi would be appaled by what is taking  place.

Man hell to the no this price is not justified. I think of bitcoin as the original utility token. there is no bitcoin inc, or a centralized entity making profit and sharing it through bitcoin; the price rises hopefully as people realized the utility it provides, and increases demand. So as I frequently state, what utility has been built in recently, hell, even since 2017, that would justify this price. Either I missed something huge, or bitcoin is the most undervalued asset in the world atm.

and you are right. if we dont get a handle on the price, it will never be attractive to merchants in a real way (accepting bitcoin and immediately converting it to fiat is not helpful  to the ecosystem, its downward sell pressure tbh)
Palider

Activity: 1273
Merit: 507

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 04:00:52 PM

It seems now that BTC and many of the main cryptos are our of reach for a majority of people. It’s become a speculative disaster waiting to happen. A peer to peer decentralised form of payment now left in the hands of 2 individuals who own more than 40% of it and an ever increasing and  volatile price which makes transacting in BTC for goods and services practically impossible. It’s fair to assume that satoshi would be appaled by what is taking  place.

I don't think it is justified. But i guess the current market value of BTC going rapidly up for the past few months then it goes down for this past weeks is just normal. In the first place, investment's market value are just pure speculations. We never know when and how will it go up and down.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: