Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 08:38:01 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Reliable, Useful, and Easy Bitcoin jobs  (Read 2441 times)
kiba (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1014

View Profile
January 04, 2011, 06:47:42 PM

Let brainstorm reliable, useful, and easy bitcoin jobs that everyone can do for the economy.

One of the probably most no-brainer way is to offer RAM, HD space, and CPU power to someone else. However, there need to be 1) problems that people wants to pay for and 2) easy to setup. Bitcoin mining fit the bill, but your gain is likely to be eclipsed by electrical usage.

You could offers HD space via tahoe-lafs but there is no billing mechanism. Even though I posted a bounty to code a billing system long ago, nobody offers to do the job.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
MoonShadow
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1007

View Profile
January 04, 2011, 07:14:52 PM

Cheap Xen GNU/Linux instances for offsite backup, lightweight servers, etc.  I could use one, don't really care if it's on a cable broadband connection or not.  Don't intend to run a game server or any such.

"The powers of financial capitalism had another far-reaching aim, nothing less than to create a world system of financial control in private hands able to dominate the political system of each country and the economy of the world as a whole. This system was to be controlled in a feudalist fashion by the central banks of the world acting in concert, by secret agreements arrived at in frequent meetings and conferences. The apex of the systems was to be the Bank for International Settlements in Basel, Switzerland, a private bank owned and controlled by the world's central banks which were themselves private corporations. Each central bank...sought to dominate its government by its ability to control Treasury loans, to manipulate foreign exchanges, to influence the level of economic activity in the country, and to influence cooperative politicians by subsequent economic rewards in the business world."

- Carroll Quigley, CFR member, mentor to Bill Clinton, from 'Tragedy And Hope'
Nefario

Activity: 602
Merit: 512

GLBSE Support support@glbse.com

View Profile WWW
January 04, 2011, 07:18:51 PM

I think quite a few people here have machines that are on most of the time, and I am sure that a few of them have good network connections. They could offer private Tor bridge nodes for a fee, charge a bit more and you could offer openvpn if you're confident.

https://www.mullvad.net does vpn for 24btc for 30 days so a tor bridge would need to be a bit cheaper .......

Translation services for those who speak second languages.

Remote buying, buy things for people and send them to where they are, for example I live in China, but if I wanted...a... <something made in the us> I pay you, you buy it and send it, and the same for me.

PGP key id at pgp.mit.edu 0xA68F4B7C

To get help and support for GLBSE please email support@glbse.com
Stephen Gornick
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1010

View Profile
January 04, 2011, 07:21:00 PM

For ideas as to what micro-jobs people are willing to perform:
http://www.murlu.com/make-money-with-fiverr/

Unichange.me

█
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █

MoonShadow
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1007

View Profile
January 04, 2011, 07:24:15 PM

Remote buying, buy things for people and send them to where they are, for example I live in China, but if I wanted...a... <something made in the us> I pay you, you buy it and send it, and the same for me.

Better than the duty-free store!

"The powers of financial capitalism had another far-reaching aim, nothing less than to create a world system of financial control in private hands able to dominate the political system of each country and the economy of the world as a whole. This system was to be controlled in a feudalist fashion by the central banks of the world acting in concert, by secret agreements arrived at in frequent meetings and conferences. The apex of the systems was to be the Bank for International Settlements in Basel, Switzerland, a private bank owned and controlled by the world's central banks which were themselves private corporations. Each central bank...sought to dominate its government by its ability to control Treasury loans, to manipulate foreign exchanges, to influence the level of economic activity in the country, and to influence cooperative politicians by subsequent economic rewards in the business world."

- Carroll Quigley, CFR member, mentor to Bill Clinton, from 'Tragedy And Hope'
BitterTea

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 04, 2011, 07:40:09 PM

I live in China, but if I wanted...a... <something made in the us> I pay you, you buy it and send it, and the same for me.

We don't make things here, we buy them from China. Wink

I like your translation idea. Maybe an automated service... buyer names their price, seller translates. Service compares translation to Google translate to ensure it's not complete rubbish. I see two options... buyer cannot see full (or any) translation until after payment, or it's assumed that buyer will pay up even if they now already have the translation.

Another thing that comes to mind is using Bitcoin for micro transactions to facilitate distributed internet services. For instance, is there such thing as a distributed web server? If not, there should be. If so, you could pay individuals to host your content in a way that would make it much more difficult to censor. Similar to what kiba mentioned for file hosting. Distributed encrypted wallet backup?

Pegasus-Rider

Activity: 53
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 08, 2011, 03:46:35 PM

Remote buying, buy things for people and send them to where they are
A splendid idea. I, for one, bought a Lemote laptop and shipping from China to Russia costed me 1/3 of the whole price (although it wasn't just shipping, insurance was included). Then, there are quite interesting things on e-bay with US-only shipping, and this is quite a market. I would like to see such a service operating.
Mahkul

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

Every saint has a past. Every sinner has a future.

View Profile
January 08, 2011, 03:56:26 PM

Remote buying, buy things for people and send them to where they are
A splendid idea. I, for one, bought a Lemote laptop and shipping from China to Russia costed me 1/3 of the whole price (although it wasn't just shipping, insurance was included). Then, there are quite interesting things on e-bay with US-only shipping, and this is quite a market. I would like to see such a service operating.

+1
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: