Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 07:46:12 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Introducing CryptoPendants, a new and creative way to store your Bitcoins.  (Read 6915 times)
TheUntitled (OP)

Activity: 141
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 05:21:47 PM

Hey all!

So, here's the story:

Basically, the prototype arrived, but the opening to the pendant was so warped that the plate didn't fit: I guess metal printing just isn't stable enough for something like this. I tried filing it down with a whetstone, but it didn't work. I neglected to update you because it slipped my mind, and eventually I just thought it was too late to bother. I should have said something, so you have my deepest apologies.

Now, regarding the future of the project: for the moment I've given up. I'd consider redesigning if there was a demand for it, but for the time being I don't have much motivation to continue. However, if I do decide to redesign, I'll use a more basic design that's more likely to work.

Thanks, and again sorry for not notifying you guys sooner,
//Untitled

have you considered using a 3-d printer? ;-) *blessed like the design!!!

The prototypes were printed using a 3D Printer that prints metal at a company called Shapeways, which is the reason that the entrance to the pendant was warped.

Freelance writer at CoinBuzz.com

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BBmodBB

Activity: 154

BTC = FREEDOM IS OUR ONLY HOPE!

View Profile WWW
May 10, 2014, 07:20:29 PM

Hey all!

So, here's the story:

Basically, the prototype arrived, but the opening to the pendant was so warped that the plate didn't fit: I guess metal printing just isn't stable enough for something like this. I tried filing it down with a whetstone, but it didn't work. I neglected to update you because it slipped my mind, and eventually I just thought it was too late to bother. I should have said something, so you have my deepest apologies.

Now, regarding the future of the project: for the moment I've given up. I'd consider redesigning if there was a demand for it, but for the time being I don't have much motivation to continue. However, if I do decide to redesign, I'll use a more basic design that's more likely to work.

//Untitled

The prototypes were printed using a 3D Printer that prints metal at a company called Shapeways, which is the reason that the entrance to the pendant was warped.

you watch this yet? =)

====> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DconsfGsXyA

*BTCitcoin Wales Club*-- message me for details!--///\\\TELEKINETICS///\\can manipulate objects with their mind. Telekinesis is one of the basis of many superpowers that are based on "controlling/manipulating", it may evolve to the point that a Telekinetic can control anything at a subatomic level.
TheUntitled (OP)

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 10:28:03 PM

Hey all!

So, here's the story:

//Untitled

you watch this yet? =)

Yes, but I don't see how that's relevant.

BBmodBB

Activity: 154

BTC = FREEDOM IS OUR ONLY HOPE!

View Profile WWW
June 03, 2014, 11:12:35 PM

Hey all!

So, here's the story:

//Untitled

you watch this yet? =)

that camp may be the best peeps to source the ideal 3d printer materials to use?  Wink

*BTCitcoin Wales Club*-- message me for details!--///\\\TELEKINETICS///\\can manipulate objects with their mind. Telekinesis is one of the basis of many superpowers that are based on "controlling/manipulating", it may evolve to the point that a Telekinetic can control anything at a subatomic level.
TheUntitled (OP)

View Profile
June 04, 2014, 12:09:37 AM

Hey all!

So, here's the story:

//Untitled

you watch this yet? =)

that camp may be the best peeps to source the ideal 3d printer materials to use?  Wink

Nah, if/when I choose to continue I'll be metal printing at Shapeways. There aren't other places that really do Metal printing, so I'm not looking to change the plan.

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  

Jump to: