Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 12:44:08 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Need Avalon setup HELP [1 BTC]  (Read 6840 times)
GenTarkin
Legendary

Activity: 2450
Merit: 1002

View Profile
July 24, 2013, 04:52:15 PM

The problem is, all he has atm is DSL jack -> DSL modem -> ethernet to his PC. The modem is not a router so his PC has the external IP settings / pppoe auth.
Meaning, he cant have more than 1 device working on the internet till he gets a router to put behind the modem.

All I want to know is whats the proper way to reset the avy?

GenTarkin's MOD Kncminer Titan custom firmware! v1.0.4! -- !!NO LONGER AVAILABLE!!
Donations: bitcoin- 1Px71mWNQNKW19xuARqrmnbcem1dXqJ3At || litecoin- LYXrLis3ik6TRn8tdvzAyJ264DRvwYVeEw

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
batt01

Activity: 279
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 24, 2013, 05:22:49 PM

The problem is, all he has atm is DSL jack -> DSL modem -> ethernet to his PC. The modem is not a router so his PC has the external IP settings / pppoe auth.
Meaning, he cant have more than 1 device working on the internet till he gets a router to put behind the modem.

I looks like all the needs to do, is get a router and do a proper factory reset on the router to get it back to the the 192.168.1.100. He must have gotten the external ip from his PC. It probably a good thing he is on PPoe DSl and not Cable DHCP. Had he copied the setting correctly, someone else could be minding on his brand new Avalon.

Get router and get connectivity  to his isp.
Reset the TPLink. From the instruction I read you need to hold down the reset button 6-10 seconds.

Chrstian (OP)

Activity: 185
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 24, 2013, 06:00:55 PM

Ok I went and bought a router, unfortunately I think I screwed something up as it is not being detected. I am now bringing in the nerd cavalry to assist me in getting a working internet setup. also after 3 hours of raging and doing random stuff on my network connection I managed to connect to the Avalon! and I changed its IP back to what it should be. unfortunately I broke my internet connection shortly thereafter, hence why im bringing in the nerds. but atleast I was able to fix the unable to connect to Avalon issue. Tech guys arrive in 3 -4 hours. I will update once I have access to the internet with a router.

if I manage to get the Avalon working all those who have contributed thus far will be rewarded proportionately to their level of assistance and effort, I thank you all for helping and hopefully it is just the fact I didn't have a router set up that was disabling the Avalon from hashing. ( I thought my modem was a router initially oops)
Ytterbium

Activity: 238

View Profile WWW
July 24, 2013, 06:16:58 PM

also after 3 hours of raging and doing random stuff on my network connection I managed to connect to the Avalon! and I changed its IP back to what it should be.

That's great!  But, do you remember what it is you did? It would be helpful for people who are in a similar circumstance to you in the future if you posted what you did.

Also, with your router, can you tell us the brand and model number of your router? That would be helpful in looking up how to configure it. And does it have Wifi? If so, you can setup your router as a wifi AP, and then configure the Avalon to connect to it using wifi, while still being able to configure it using the 192.160.0.100 address.

GenTarkin
Legendary

View Profile
July 24, 2013, 07:31:47 PM

shit, I would steer clear doing anything on the avy using its wifi, just askin for a fuckup.. =/ imo

GenTarkin's MOD Kncminer Titan custom firmware! v1.0.4! -- !!NO LONGER AVAILABLE!!
Donations: bitcoin- 1Px71mWNQNKW19xuARqrmnbcem1dXqJ3At || litecoin- LYXrLis3ik6TRn8tdvzAyJ264DRvwYVeEw
Ytterbium

Activity: 238

View Profile WWW
July 24, 2013, 07:57:15 PM

shit, I would steer clear doing anything on the avy using its wifi, just askin for a fuckup.. =/ imo

Why? If you mess up the wifi settings, ethernet still works.  If you mess up ethernet, well, you can see what happens by reading the thread. They have totally separate configurations.

Only problem is batch2/3 didn't come with Wifi antennas - so you might need to find a spare one. Mine got a weak signal without an antenna, but I had one from a wifi USB thing I wasn't using. Before I put on the antenna it was showing a weak signal though, it might be enough if close to the router.

Get something like this: http://amzn.com/B000SEQGT2 and you'll be able to run your Avalon off your neighbors wifi if they have an open AP Wink

ibminer
Legendary

Activity: 1814
Merit: 2717

Goonies never say die.

View Profile WWW
July 24, 2013, 08:24:00 PM

Seems like the correct setup in this situation would be to get a router that supports PPPoE authentication, plug a cable into the 'internet' port of the router and plug the other end into the DSL modem's internet port, and then configure the pppoe information in the router, configure the LAN interface to use an IP in the same subnet his machines will be setup in.

For linksys:
http://kb.linksys.com/Linksys/ukp.aspx?pid=80&vw=1&articleid=2210

All should be well after that... as long as the LAN interface is setup correctly on the avalon with correct subnet masks/IP/gateway/dns, and his machine is set correctly with an internal IP matching the same subnet of the avalon, as well as the subnet of the router

example: 
new router- 192.168.0.1
his machine - 192.168.0.2
avalon - 192.168.0.3

all using 255.255.255.0 as a subnet mask... and his machine/avalon using gateway of 192.168.0.1   (and probably the same IP for DNS, depending on the router... if not, just use the DNS servers that his ISP uses, whoever the ISP is... these are easy to find/lookup on the internet)

There is my 2 cents given the information I am seeing... there are enough people helping with this... no need to add any more hands in, I'll go read other threads now  Tongue

bablovagon

Activity: 168

View Profile
July 24, 2013, 09:20:41 PM

I have same problem after new flashing today.

This help -

1. Reboot (Power Down and then UP) the router

2. When the blue LED starts flashing, press the RESET (inside the tiny
hole next to cable connection.

3. Stop pressing the RESET when the blue LED starts flashing quickly This is where its upto

and all ok.
ProfMac
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 24, 2013, 09:24:06 PM

Ive been helping him out remotely guys, He indeed does not have a router which is goin to buy today.
Once can get rid of his silly pppoe connection in windows, which is interfering with freakin ethernet interface, that will weed out 1 of the problems.

Whats the official method to reset to avy to factory defaults? Ive looked up how to do it on that tplink router inside it, its stated to just hold the reset button 10-20 seconds then let go and light should flash for a bit indicating its on factory defaults.
I guess we will find out once we get the LAN setup behind his router when he puts it in =P

Google for OpenWRT and Failsafe

Indeed, you hold the reset button in while powering up the machine.  Wait until the blue LED does a fast flash.  Then you have a fail-safe IP number and password free account.

I try to be respectful and informed.
ProfMac
Legendary

View Profile
July 24, 2013, 09:26:34 PM

My Avalon has run through WiFi since about July 9.  Hashing at about 80 GH/s.
I did add an antenna from an old router.

PuertoLibre
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1003

View Profile
July 25, 2013, 12:40:16 AM

Ive been helping him out remotely guys, He indeed does not have a router which is goin to buy today.
Once can get rid of his silly pppoe connection in windows, which is interfering with freakin ethernet interface, that will weed out 1 of the problems.

Whats the official method to reset to avy to factory defaults? Ive looked up how to do it on that tplink router inside it, its stated to just hold the reset button 10-20 seconds then let go and light should flash for a bit indicating its on factory defaults.
I guess we will find out once we get the LAN setup behind his router when he puts it in =P
It is pretty odd for someone to link their Avalon directly to a DSL/Cable modem. (Unless he has one of those DSL/Cable modems with a router and switch inside.

Either way, keep up the good work GenTarkin.
GenTarkin
Legendary

View Profile
July 25, 2013, 02:44:07 AM

I got this guy finally up n hashing away, hes happy  and Im happy I got to help him woot! Happy hashing Chrstian!

ProfMac
Legendary

View Profile
July 25, 2013, 01:44:39 PM

I got this guy finally up n hashing away, hes happy  and Im happy I got to help him woot! Happy hashing Chrstian!

Thanks for helping the community.

cypherdoc
Legendary

Activity: 1764

View Profile
July 25, 2013, 08:51:09 PM

what was the problem?
crazyearner
Legendary

Activity: 1820

View Profile
July 26, 2013, 03:49:43 AM

Might want to try this Christian https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=262601.0

Little guide to using usb and connection to PC under Linux.

=
  R E B E L L I O U S 
  ▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄                           ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄
▄▀        █▄▄                     ▄▄█        ▀▄
█            █████████████████████            █
█▄          ██       ██ ██       ██          ▄█
█        █            █            █        █
  █    █               █               █    █
   █ ██               █ █               ██ █
    █ █               █ █               █ █
    █ ███▄  █████▄   ██ ██   ▄█████  ▄███ █
    █     ███     █         █     ███     █