Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 05:40:43 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: <ANN> HoboNickels HBN Mandatory UPDATE to version 1.1  (Read 61219 times)
Thrash

Activity: 519
Merit: 253

View Profile
August 12, 2013, 09:56:47 PM

I probably just got a bad node or two. Looks like I'm back on track less a few coins. Better open up the port and get some more connections I guess.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
ahmed_bodi

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

Bitrated user: ahmedbodi.

View Profile
August 12, 2013, 10:28:51 PM

you can add my pool as a node, its still online even though mining isnt enabled

Bitrated user: ahmedbodi.
Tranz
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1052

May the force bit with you.

View Profile
August 13, 2013, 03:40:58 AM

If you would like to spend you HBN, here is one spot.   Wink

https://www.bitmit.net/en/item/50306-spend-hbn-here-50-amazon-with-redbox-bonus

HBN: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=303749.0 hobonickels.info
Personal Donations: F1TranzWqFGZyFeTMu6iLbtTQgdXuJPsiL
Donations to the HBN Fund: EhbNfund4PrRFLHMxsnbGLhP25hizJGHEE or 1LVFtCX4a83dMLjd8S7imKKKC58QaG83kw
nulo0b

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 13, 2013, 12:49:38 PM

www.mtyimport.com

Accepts now HBN.

Market is still under dev, so check it now and than for updates!

Thx all

Tranz
Legendary

View Profile
August 13, 2013, 12:50:13 PM

how many HBN you pay for that gift card?

That will go from 3000-4000 HBN, if you are interested PM me. Right at this exact moment it is 3500.  Which is about 5 days of mining at current difficulty with 3mh/s

Donations to the HBN Fund: EhbNfund4PrRFLHMxsnbGLhP25hizJGHEE or 1LVFtCX4a83dMLjd8S7imKKKC58QaG83kw
nulo0b

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 13, 2013, 12:54:25 PM

Thx mate,

This coin, i fllw for a while now.. And see a good supportive thread here, with all reasonable projects.
So thats why i will accept it, hf

thundertoe (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 14, 2013, 12:18:56 AM

Found the original Hobo code of conduct:  enjoy

An ethical code was created by Tourist Union #63 during its 1889 National Hobo Convention in St. Louis Missouri. This code was voted upon as a concrete set of laws to govern the Nation-wide Hobo Body; it reads this way:

1 Decide your own life, don't let another person run or rule you.
2 When in town, always respect the local law and officials, and try to be a gentleman at all times.
3 Don't take advantage of someone who is in a vulnerable situation, locals or other hobos.
4 Always try to find work, even if temporary, and always seek out jobs nobody wants. By doing so you not only help a business along, but ensure employment should you return to that town again.
5 When no employment is available, make your own work by using your added talents at crafts.
6 Do not allow yourself to become a stupid drunk and set a bad example for locals' treatment of other hobos.
7 When jungling in town, respect handouts, do not wear them out, another hobo will be coming along who will need them as bad, if not worse than you.
8 Always respect nature, do not leave garbage where you are jungling.
9 If in a community jungle, always pitch in and help.
10 Try to stay clean, and boil up wherever possible.
11 When traveling, ride your train respectfully, take no personal chances, cause no problems with the operating crew or host railroad, act like an extra crew member.
12 Do not cause problems in a train yard, another hobo will be coming along who will need passage through that yard.
13 Do not allow other hobos to molest children, expose all molesters to authorities, they are the worst garbage to infest any society.
14 Help all runaway children, and try to induce them to return home.
15 Help your fellow hobos whenever and wherever needed, you may need their help someday.
16 If present at a hobo court and you have testimony, give it. Whether for or against the accused, your voice counts!
Tranz
Legendary

View Profile
August 14, 2013, 01:39:18 AM

Found the original Hobo code of conduct:  enjoy

An ethical code was created by Tourist Union #63 during its 1889 National Hobo Convention in St. Louis Missouri. This code was voted upon as a concrete set of laws to govern the Nation-wide Hobo Body; it reads this way:

Great find. #1 and #8 and #13 are very good rules!

I'm sure we've all violated number 6  Tongue

Thrash

View Profile
August 14, 2013, 04:20:15 PM

Sorry to say that after putting my head into the code today, and having Mullick(awesome caps dev) look at the changes and add a few more.
The update is going to have too much rolled into it for a quick release. Everyone will need time for a mandatory update.

We have made the most of coding changes and its ready to go on the git. We will post the link for the update soon. All clients will need to be updated for it to take effect.

The updated code will go live 8-20-13.
This will give everyone enough time to update clients.

The updated links will be posted when ready. I will also make a ann thread for the mandatory update.

please do not redownload blockchain it wont fix the warning. If you are worried you will not get the stake you are due you can keep wallet shut or set reservebalance=100000 in your .conf

Look like on the 20th it is due to arrive.
vasp

Activity: 49
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 15, 2013, 03:01:44 PM

One question to devs.
Where are transaction fees come for now.
As i see on my pool wallet and blockchain explorer, every "generate" block are extactly 5.00 HBN, even if block not empty and included some transations with fees.
These fees simply disappears somewhere. On other coins transaction fees is included into generate transaction.
Its by design or there are some bug in the code?

lucazane
Legendary

Activity: 1198

View Profile WWW
August 15, 2013, 05:02:40 PM

One question to devs.
As i see on my pool wallet and blockchain explorer, every "generate" block are extactly 5.00 HBN, even if block not empty and included some transations with fees.
These fees simply disappears somewhere. On other coins transaction fees is included into generate transaction.

Very good question.

The Blocks Factory Mining POOL : DGB(sha256d, Skein, Qubit, Groestl & Scrypt), FTC
Tranz
Legendary

View Profile
August 15, 2013, 09:46:02 PM

Yes I too would like to know this.

relazyfo

Activity: 3

View Profile
August 16, 2013, 12:30:18 AM

alright, where is my transaction fees!?
daemonfox

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 16, 2013, 02:06:00 AM

One question to devs.

This is a legitimate question... blundertoe, shakezula and maybe mullick... this deserves an answer.

H

¦¦¦                 
            ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦         
          ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦       
        ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦         
      ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦           ¦           
     ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦                     ¦¦   
    ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦    ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦        ¦¦¦¦ 
   ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦   ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦    ¦¦¦¦¦¦
   ¦¦¦¦¦¦   ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦    ¦¦¦¦¦  
   ¦¦¦¦¦    ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦   ¦¦¦¦¦¦ 
  ¦¦¦¦¦¦   ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦   ¦¦¦¦¦¦ 
  ¦¦¦¦¦¦   ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦              ¦¦¦¦¦¦
   ¦¦¦¦¦ ¦¦¦¦¦¦   ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦    ¦¦¦¦¦¦
   ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦  ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦    ¦¦¦¦¦ 
   ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦   ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦    ¦¦¦¦¦¦ 
    ¦¦¦¦¦       ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦     ¦¦¦¦¦¦ 
     ¦¦                      ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦   
              ¦           ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦   
           ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦     
          ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦       
             ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦          

R I Z E N
....ZEN Nodes.... ....Horizen Academy.... ....Help Desk    ....Faucet   
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
thundertoe (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 16, 2013, 03:42:54 AM

transaction fees are destroyed

" The proof-of-stake minting introduces at most 1% annual inflation. Meanwhile, PPCoin's transaction fees are destroyed to counterbalance these inflationary forces."

https://github.com/ppcoin/ppcoin/wiki/FAQ
mullick
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1002

View Profile
August 16, 2013, 04:39:12 AM

One question to devs.

This is a legitimate question... blundertoe, shakezula and maybe mullick... this deserves an answer.

Yep will all PoS implementations currently fees are destroyed to slightly counteract inflation. Since fees are not required as a incentive when the PoW reward diminishes their only purpose is to prevent transaction spam. Hence the small fees compared to litecoin ect.

Pos will still generate more coins then transaction fees so it will not cause the total supply to diminish
Tranz
Legendary

View Profile
August 17, 2013, 04:59:23 PM

Thanks for the answer guys. I like this coin more each day  Cheesy

Cidsor

Activity: 44

View Profile
August 19, 2013, 02:36:24 AM

Ehm, are stakes working now, or is it just me buying coins that are staking ^^ ?
Thrash

View Profile
August 19, 2013, 03:51:20 AM

Ehm, are stakes working now, or is it just me buying coins that are staking ^^ ?

No stake on my mined coins. Updated client has not been released yet as far as I know. It was scheduledbfor the 20th. Not sure if that is still a valid date or not.
thundertoe (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 19, 2013, 08:58:52 PM

OK time for a update:

The HBN patch has been getting pushed back as we waited to see how the CAP situation played out. Many of the same fixes getting applied to CAP will also be used on HBN, so it made no sense to rush out he HBN changes before CAP had stabilized its issues.

CAP now seems to be secure at this point, Mullick would like a chance to double check everything one final time tonight on CAPS side before finalizing the HBN fixes.

So.. hopefully new client rolls out on time. It will include checkpoints and stake fixes.

However when the stake code change takes place it will be on a set block in the future not changed right when the new client is used, yes the code is in there but wont activate for a set number of blocks (stake changes have to be pushed back enough to make sure everyone is on new client.)

Will update with any new info as soon as i can.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: