Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 09:36:20 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Where are we in the bubble  (Read 134 times)
traderperspective (OP)

Activity: 94
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 07:55:10 PM

The title might imply that I am bearish, though I want to stress this is NOT the case. I am very bullish on crypto, however I am also accepting the fact that we are in a bubble. This is not necessarily negative, I think all major innovations are going through bubbles in order to pick the winners at last, and I do NOT view crypto as the tulip mania, more like internet adoption.

The big question is: where are we in this bubble? Are we in the very beginning thus we can expect the market to go higher for a couple of more years, of course with some pull backs along the way. Or are we in the mature phase, or in the very end?
Personally, I believe we are in the phase where major adoption is about to happen, and I see the market of 2018 is going to be wonderful. However, I am looking for other peoples opinions. What is your belief?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Raist

Activity: 490
Merit: 102

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 08:13:49 PM

I believe that only those who are studying history are falling into the same traps. Who are studying, not those who are not studying. Every situation is different. Now in the places called exchanges 1 BTC is something about $17000. Why? Agreement. Tomorrow the reality will be different. Another agreement. Here you are finding an agreement about the bubble. So the proposition is that we are in the bubble but it is not the high time to change BTC to fiat because tomorrow one can change it to more fiat. There will be followers of this point of view and the followers of any other opinion.
Why can't we just enjoy the birth and development of new technology? Do you see this development? If yes - we are not in the bubble. If no - we are.
TravelMug

Activity: 2590
Merit: 832

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 08:31:49 PM

The title might imply that I am bearish, though I want to stress this is NOT the case. I am very bullish on crypto, however I am also accepting the fact that we are in a bubble. This is not necessarily negative, I think all major innovations are going through bubbles in order to pick the winners at last, and I do NOT view crypto as the tulip mania, more like internet adoption.

The big question is: where are we in this bubble? Are we in the very beginning thus we can expect the market to go higher for a couple of more years, of course with some pull backs along the way. Or are we in the mature phase, or in the very end?
Personally, I believe we are in the phase where major adoption is about to happen, and I see the market of 2018 is going to be wonderful. However, I am looking for other peoples opinions. What is your belief?

As a view it, if we are going to treat this as a bubble, The new phase began when we hit the $10K barrier, So the trend continues to to upward with some minor pullbacks as you have said. So we are just in the beginning and expect the price to go higher in the next couple of months leading to next year mid 2018.

I think I'll go with your observation as well with the adoption. But with the adoption, are you saying that bitcoin will be used  globally as mode of payment? Its not the case though, when we hit $10K. Its more of a investment rather than for micro payment as we have wanted.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
btcone111

Activity: 266
Merit: 110

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 10:28:21 PM

imho it's really difficult to predict once something enters a bubble territory.
Even a supercomputer would not be able to pinpoint exactly what could happen during a bubble.
Having said that, I do not believe $20K is the end of this bubble.
Low Sigma

Activity: 86
Merit: 10

Algorithmic Trader

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 12:24:50 AM

I would say, at the beginning. And it will survive long term.
chris200x9
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1011

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 02:06:30 AM

imho it's really difficult to predict once something enters a bubble territory.
Even a supercomputer would not be able to pinpoint exactly what could happen during a bubble.
Having said that, I do not believe $20K is the end of this bubble.

It looks like now bubble already started bursting and bitcoins already corrected around 20% from its high price. For bitcoin, they should find a way to resolve high fee and faster transactions otherwise it will be an issue for bitcoin growth in the long term as well. It looks like now all Bitcoin money is moving into Bitcoin cash and not sure how long it will go on.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: