Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 03:14:29 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [WTS][UK BASED] Complete mining rig with 3 x 7970s  (Read 1944 times)
IYFTech

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

WANTED: Active dev to fix & re-write p2pool in C

View Profile
August 14, 2013, 08:16:18 PM

£850 for a 3 thrashed graphics cards and half a PC ? I reckon you'd be lucky to get half of that. Do you realize that you could buy 18 Block Erupters for that which will give you ~6 GH/s ?

With respect, you can't mine anything else but BTC with USB erupters - and you definitely can't play games with them. In 2 -3 months those erupters will be worthless due to diff. GPU's are dead for BTC minig - but great for everything else. And they have resale value.

Give the guy a break eh?  Grin

Peace.

-- Smiley  Thank you for smoking  Smiley --  If you paid VAT to dogie for items you should read this thread:  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1018906.0
bowen151 (OP)

Activity: 658

Caveat Emptor

View Profile
August 14, 2013, 08:37:52 PM

Thanks for your input IYFtech, I appreciate the speedy reply. I wanted to purchase a few things from WAE before but their reviews always threw me from ordering, I hope your SSDs land without any problems Smiley.

AZW409: In terms of straight hashing power for sha256 based miners then you are on a pretty logical path. But this rig can be used for more than just sha256 mining as its an excellent motherboard and frame, the 3 cards a far from trashed as they were only mined on for a short while, the PSU is gold rated and good for another PC or miner for at least 3 years hardcore use, also I hear that those block erupters cant play a hell of a lot of games lol.

To me I would be happy with around:

£230 per GPU, i'll split up and throw in the remaining risers I have
£90 for the PSU,
£90 for the board, (comes with free RAM)
£70 for the SSD,
£40 for the frame
£35 for the 5870 that mines but doesn't display video properly

I will cover shipping for all of these items, everything has a retail box except for the SSD, frame and the 5870

I also have some various other PC parts and I also have an optiplex 780 with a 3470 I think it is, it has the dms-59 port for the old dual display connectors. This has 1GB of ram and is available for purchase for £80, does anyone need a HP B+W or color laser printer or a HP ScanJet 4070 Flatbed Scanner? Shipping on these heavier items will need to be covered by the buyer though. I welcome you to organise your own courier

These are all listed on ebay and if you see them on there you will notice they are slightly cheaper here Smiley no fees!

-Buying/Selling graphics cards every month
--Buying BTC every month £/$/€200+ wanted
---UK based re-seller of physical bitcoins  Click here to buy
bowen151 (OP)

Caveat Emptor

View Profile
August 15, 2013, 11:39:39 AM

bump

bowen151 (OP)

Caveat Emptor

View Profile
August 15, 2013, 09:40:34 PM

bump

SSd is sold

bowen151 (OP)

Caveat Emptor

View Profile
August 17, 2013, 04:28:47 PM

bump - only the psu, frame and gpus remaining.

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: