Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 01:05:39 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Best way to choose a good coin  (Read 114 times)
JoinCoins (OP)

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 08:06:19 PM

Theres a shitload of coins out there and everybody promises you the next skyrocket one.
What are your criteria to find a good coin?
Like total supply, price etc. What are your limits?
RavRider

Activity: 189
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 08:08:04 PM

Theres a shitload of coins out there and everybody promises you the next skyrocket one.
What are your criteria to find a good coin?
Like total supply, price etc. What are your limits?

Take time. Read the White Paper of the Project. Look at the team. Look to their goals and the roadmap. Discuss with other people on the board and on telegram groups about the project. A good coin need a lot of time to analyse.
TrentD_TFN

Activity: 42

View Profile WWW
December 28, 2017, 08:10:52 PM

I like to do some pretty thorough research. Of course use case, whitepaper, roadmap, and information posted on their website. I also like to look into things when it comes to their community interaction. I've seen several people involved with certain cryptos that were very unprofessional in how they handled some situations and to me that's a major red flag.
Ccexicocartel

Activity: 207
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 08:31:31 PM

Due diligence includes look at the team, advisors, market cap, whitepaper, funding, idea, demand, and market fit.

My recent find is IoT Chain (ITC). I got into them on the basis that they're disrupting IOTA and solve the major problems that IOTA has. Their team is also pretty solid and they have a lot of funding form big firms. https://iotchain.io/
whitepaper: https://iotchain.io/pdf/web/ITCWHITEPAPER.pdf
healthbase_digital

Activity: 28

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 08:36:54 PM

Of course reading the whitepaper. Things I look for are what is the problem they are trying to solve, is blockchain the best answer, how do they purpose to solve it. One thing I always try to clue in for is token economics that means for me, there has to be a reason that people want to put money into buy tokens and a reason why people want to take tokens and use it (convert to fiats or buy things with one day).
Pierre 2
Legendary

Activity: 2408
Merit: 1358

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 08:42:36 PM

It is all about patience and information seeking. You need to stay focused for more info.
You should care and behave cautiously, look for developer teams etc..
defc0de

Activity: 270
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 08:51:33 PM

Spare some time to DYOR. Cryptocurrency is in a very early stage right now, even with it's steady growing market cap. Probably more than 90% of the projects will vanish as most of them are hyped out, p&d projects without real world usage. My indicators for a good project includes the following: development team, community, actual technology/whitepaper, and real world case scenario/usage (this is in no particular oder). One example of a good coin with all these characteristic is DeepOnion. They started out really strong in BCT, and continued in their community forum. The developers are pretty active as well. They send out weekly newsletters to members, with updates of the coin's progress. With regards to the technology, DeepOnion is a privacy coin based on the TOR network. It's pretty strong in terms of privacy, considering that it makes use of TOR's anonymous capabilities to process the user transactions. They will release an upcoming DeepSend feature and this project would most likely be a 10USD coin in the future.

thendzor

Activity: 45

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 08:53:35 PM

1) read this forum section
2) make notes
3) make your own research about those coins
4) make even more research and make notes (buy, when to buy, hold on or come back after xxx time)
5) invest in most interesting coins and keep reading
wvasko

Activity: 335
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 09:07:12 PM

You should study the platform in detail, the pros and cons and only then look.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: