Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 03:34:28 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Your first altcoin experience  (Read 518 times)
grever

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 02:58:21 PM

I found one ICO very interesting. Instead of mining you can get some ICO's by promoting them on social media, adding artists, venues,...

If you want to increase your start budget by using social media than you can check out @Viberate where you can get some tokens on daily bases for participating in promotional activities.
Check out also their road map and predict some changes in price related to updates.

They give away 5000VIB's daily and reward looks like this (depends on participation volume):

Dear XY!
Thank you for playing a part in the music revolution.
Below we're sending you a breakdown of your recent community participation activities on our platform.
Total amount awarded: 174.9220 VIB

You can read more about participation on link bellow:

http://www.metalsucks.net/2017/12/11/viberate-rolls-out-a-rewarding-system-allowing-music-fans-to-earn-crypto/

$0,435820 USD (-1.70%)
0.00002791 BTC (-4.01%)
0.00058707 ETH (-1.01%)
akitha

Activity: 742

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 04:03:55 PM

my first altcoin experience in very bad, got scammed from the billion coin (TBC)..but now got my 2nd coin and its keeping my hopes..

aleksandra_kickcity (OP)

Activity: 406
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 04:07:46 PM

my first altcoin experience in very bad, got scammed from the billion coin (TBC)..but now got my 2nd coin and its keeping my hopes..

Did they steal your money?
Direwolve735

Activity: 448
Merit: 232

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 04:21:33 PM

I decided to invest in the Altcoins because they are diverse and offer a wide range of options. I advise the following: snvest in Altcoins while they are still at the ICO stage. This guarantees the cheapest price of a coin. The number of ICOs in the market is now literally a pond, and if you decide to dive into the dark world of altcoins, investing in the ICO stage is the best time to start. After ICO, the coins have literally one single scenario - to grow up.
grever

Activity: 98

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 10:59:39 AM

Here is my reward for 7 days of participation @Viberate promotional activities. Yoin the music revolution and take your part of tokens daily.

My Balance
1284.48862809 VIB
(136.6487 in last 24h)

If I Express this in dollars @ current price:

Estimated value:
≈$552.85161246 USD($)

https://www.digitalmusicnews.com/2017/12/21/viberate-music-cryptocurrency/
https://medium.com/viberate-blog/why-will-we-integrate-vib-into-jaxx-cdd84dd0b1f3
https://bitcoinmagazine.com/articles/vibrant-community-viberates-key-ico-and-product-success/
http://www.metalsucks.net/2017/12/11/viberate-rolls-out-a-rewarding-system-allowing-music-fans-to-earn-crypto/
EJHX

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 11:32:05 AM

First altcoin experience was actually with Substratum. Had a really bad experience. They were giving away the free T-shirts, and i never received mine Undecided I actually submitted twice! Once when they opened it the first time, and another time when they had the second registration opening.

But I still invested in anyway. I just heard about it and liked the name so I invested a little bit.

Rose119

Activity: 502

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 12:13:11 PM

How did you decide to buy some altcoins istead of BTC? And Why?

There are a lot of crypto and its not that easy to decide which one to choose. Some still believe that BTC is the best way to invest. However its getting too expensive.

Yeah bitcoin is so expensive, i am not sure but i think maybe this is one of the reason why some people choose to buy altcoin because there are a lot of altcoin that you can buy in a low price and you can also  get a huge profit.
CryptoGuruXXI

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 12:17:04 PM

I invested a week ago and I have already won 85% Smiley
Inkdatar

Activity: 1582
Merit: 523

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 12:30:46 PM

I invested a week ago and I have already won 85% Smiley
Can you specify on what altcoin you have made profit for 85%? Although there are altcoin which we can earn big, I have made atleast 50% profit in humaniq. So far this is the altcoin I earn profit and others coins I choose to hold for long term investment.
podrick17

Activity: 196

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 06:21:12 PM

I was encouraged to buy an alt instead of bitcoin is due to the influence of some of my crypto friends, at first i was skeptical at their advise that altcoin will give a better gain than bitcoin due to its low price but when i look and carefully study what they are talking about that's when i decided to buy an alt, my first altcoin was eth and guess what they are right Smiley

BartS

Activity: 980
Merit: 255

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 08:19:48 PM

It's always good not to put all your eggs in one basket, and that's what I did when I purchased an altcoin.
My first altcoin was Ethereum and I am so gald I chosed it, because I believed that it a coin of the future.

In the mean time, I also intend to purchase more of Moreno and Other coins, like Bitcoin Cash.
Hopefully, the price will pay off like bitcoin did.

It is probably not the best of ideas to invest in bitcoin cash, imagine this, bitcoin finally activates the lighting network and it is a success, the only marketing feature that bitcoin cash has is that it has cheaper fees and faster transaction times and that is going to be blown away and the price of bitcoin cash is going to plummet, how are you going to feel when that happens?
bitcoinmuseum

Activity: 924
Merit: 251

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 10:00:41 PM

There are many projects in the market that have better technology than bitcoin. This is why I invest in altcoins
togoshigekata

Activity: 1260
Merit: 115

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 01:32:57 AM

I wanted to diversify, Bitcoin has problems, but it does have first mover advantage and name recognition.
But there are other coins trying different strategies and targeting different industries and functionality.

Erowind

Activity: 280

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 01:48:28 AM

Ethereum back in February because the thought of a decentralized infrastructure for web 3.0 rustled my jimmies in a good way.

Can't snort crack through a rolled up bitcoin Wink
Naij

Activity: 249

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 02:00:43 AM

I don't invest nothing, I receive several Airdrops and I sold them at a very good prixe and I got 1 ether and I try to invest in some Altcoins that is worth. But it hard to say that.

I don't work right now but I hope the next year I'll get a job.

⚡⚡ PRiVCY ⚡⚡   ▂▃▅▆█ ✅ PRiVCY (PRIV) is a new PoW/PoS revolutionary privacy project ● ☞ ✅ Best privacy crypto-market! ● █▆▅▃▂
    Own Your Privacy! ─────────────────║ WebsiteGithub  |  Bitcointalk  |  Twitter  |  Discord  |  Explorer ║─────────────────
   ✯✯✯✯✯                 ✈✈✈[Free Airdrop - Starts 9th June]✅[Tor]✈✈✈ ║───────────║ Wallet ➢ ✓ Windows  |  ✓ macOS  |  ✓ Linux
Shirin16

Activity: 254

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 03:12:28 AM

How did you decide to buy some altcoins istead of BTC? And Why?

There are a lot of crypto and its not that easy to decide which one to choose. Some still believe that BTC is the best way to invest. However its getting too expensive.

many people are now more concerned with investing in BTC, it is because Bitcoin is very stable in every way and still rule in the world of cryptocurrency. but for me, will divide to invest on altcoin. and in the world of cryptocurrency it's hard to choose altcoin to be successful, but I think we can learn an altcoin from whitepapers or teamwork. because it can be used as a reference to know the prospects of altcoin. so we will not get stuck in failure.

Alonzo Ewing
Legendary

Activity: 1040
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 10:06:23 AM

I went in with Stox due to celebrity endorsement and this proved to be wrong.The price is below ico after the token was released on exchanges.Better to stay safe with such marketing and only invest in a project which has a strong base and team.
aleksandra_kickcity (OP)

Activity: 406

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 03:27:04 PM

There are many projects in the market that have better technology than bitcoin. This is why I invest in altcoins
Projects like what?
BartS

Activity: 980
Merit: 255

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 06:47:58 PM

Projects like what?
Many people say things like that but most of the time that is not the case, as long as their projects are based on the blockchain designed by satoshi then the projects cannot be better in being a currency, ETH is better at smart contracts, but that is a characteristic not needed for a currency, besides smart contracts are possible in bitcoin as well they are just more difficult to create.
Cart

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 06:58:18 PM

My first experience was buying ETH at 8 dollar and simply because of the reason of the diversication into other assets to have an optimal portfolio
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: