Bitcoin Forum
April 18, 2024, 03:48:52 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 [52] 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 ... 586 »
  Print  
Author Topic: HashFast announces specs for new ASIC: 400GH/s  (Read 880232 times)
Simon Barber

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 23, 2013, 05:07:58 AM

Will chip be available for developers?

Yes - chips will be available for developers. Please contact sales@hashfast.com for more info until we get them on the website.
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Simon Barber

View Profile
September 23, 2013, 05:09:10 AM

As someone that's ordered a batch 1 babyjet, this price drop seems like a huge blow to initial customers that believed in Hashfast.  The Sierra is offering 3x the hashrate for almost the same price.  I know there is going to be the MPP, but at this point, one can just get 3x the hashrate only a month later than the first batch.

We are preparing a special promotion just for batch 1 baby jet purchasers. Coming soon.
Simon Barber

View Profile
September 23, 2013, 05:10:05 AM

For the next 3 days, prices have been slashed on Baby Jet’s and Sierra’s. Now is the time to invest in additional rigs. Sale ends Monday at 11:59PM PST!

For those who already ordered a first batch Baby Jet, would it be possible to trade it for a Sierra on sale? How much extra would that cost for the device (beyond the $400 difference) and shipping?

Contact sales@hashfast.com, they should be able to help you.
Simon Barber

View Profile
September 23, 2013, 05:11:59 AM

The tallest board components are two conventional air cooled heatsinks on the FETs that form part of the power supply. I don't have the height to hand - I will get back to you. Here is a rendering of a draft of the module boards, installed in a Sierra. Note - this design is not final, and is subject to change.
thanks for the indepth info, Simon.
beautiful design so far, cant wait for the final design.

Anyway, on the design im working on, i need the height (approx is fine) of the two conventional heatsinks you mention, let me know when you have them?

ttt

Datasheet says 38.35mm and the fets are 0.7mm nominal

Main aim was to get the down stream one a good distance above the water pump.
daddyfatsax

Activity: 857
Merit: 1000

Anger is a gift.

View Profile
September 23, 2013, 05:18:03 AM

Any chances of adding Paypal or credit card?
Xian01
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1067

Christian Antkow

View Profile
September 23, 2013, 06:12:54 AM

How soon until you guys have a working, hashing unit ? I'm interested in purchasing one of your 2TH/s units, but would like to hold off until a working prototype is documented.

Cheers.
sobani

Activity: 21

View Profile
September 23, 2013, 07:59:04 PM

For the next 3 days, prices have been slashed on Baby Jet’s and Sierra’s. Now is the time to invest in additional rigs. Sale ends Monday at 11:59PM PST!

For those who already ordered a first batch Baby Jet, would it be possible to trade it for a Sierra on sale? How much extra would that cost for the device (beyond the $400 difference) and shipping?

Contact sales@hashfast.com, they should be able to help you.

Well, I mailed them and got this reply:

Quote from: sales@hashfast.com
In regards to your questions below, we are unable to cancel your current order as we have already ordered the hardware that will be required to assemble your unit. What Simon mentioned, was an upgrade we are hoping to announce *very* shortly that is only for the Batch 1 Baby Jet customers. This will be for folks that wish to upgrade their system while keeping their current place in line and still 4 weeks ahead of the shipping of our Sierra's.

It seems to refer to the special promotion you mentioned in an earlier message. At least they didn't ask for 10% to trade the order. Wink
Puppet
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1040

View Profile
September 23, 2013, 08:09:48 PM

we are unable to cancel your current order as we have already ordered the hardware that will be required to assemble your unit.

Sounds a lot like BFL to me...
HashFast (OP)

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
September 23, 2013, 08:37:21 PM

HashFast is an interesting and much aticipated idea but please tell precisely whats Your plan to send working product to clients at the end of October.
To me this plan looks like quite ambitious one. Slightly too ambitious? I dont see any place for errors and delays. None.

So we have known phases - please provide a list of actions with roughly dates.

To have working device we need to:

1. Design a chip : do You have final design, its valid/seems working etc.?
2. Produce Chip : ??Whats You timeline here
3. Design PCB : ??Whats You timeline here
4A. Assembly service : ??Whats You timeline here
4B. BOM - components preorder : ??Whats You timeline here
5. Create software or adapt existing one : ??Whats You timeline here
6. Design/Adapt Case : ??Whats You timeline here
7. Start shipping  : 20-30 October

Above its a quick and dirty estimation of critical minestones of which each one have many intermediate steps. Of course some of them can be done in parallel.

Please provide Your estimations. This will show us how do you approach this project.

Agree - it certainly is an ambitious schedule.  We have put a *lot* of thought into every way to optimize it, multi-source components and suppliers, have contingency plans in place for delays/surprises at any point, etc.  Still, you are absolutely right - it is an operationally complex process under very tight timelines.

1) Yes, we do. 
Our chip was taped-out to TSMC last month, as described in the joint press release we, Uniquify and TSMC put out about this.  Prior to tape-out it passed all our physical and logical tests, and following that it passed all the design rule verification rules etc. that are part of the tape-in process.  Currently it is under fabrication - we past design, well into manufacturing, and are exposing more mask layers every day or two.   We get daily updates about it's progress, and track against them.

2) Complete silicon wafers will come out of TSMC in roughly 4 weeks. We would love to be able to release a *lot* more information about this, but we do need to be mindful of our NDA
What we can + will do is to post a basic explanation of the fabrication progress, how we track against it, etc. in the next few days.  Unfortunately this will be far higher level and will -not- have anywhere near the level of granularity we have;  we would **love** to do just that, and replace the noise about we are seeing in the market about hopes + aspirations with straightforward factual information, but our NDA with TSMC prevents us from doing just that.

3) Initial PCB design is complete (including both Gerbers and parts/sourcing selection)
We are currently finalizing it, optimizing for fabrication.

4A) Assembly service selection is completed.   The steps are as follows;

- First wafers coming out of TSMC will be hand carried by from the TSMC to our substrate manufacturers
  I'll see if I can get a picture of the airline-approved wafer carrying case we will use Wink

- Chip substrate and packaging
  We have contracted 2 separate companies (one low volume/very fast turnaround, the other huge volume/longer ramp-up)
  Either one is capable of producing sufficient volume to package all chips sold to date 

- PCB and power stage assembly
  We have contracted a US-based specialized company for production of PCBs+low power stages for all chips sold to date.

- Final Assembly
  We have contracted a specialize company to assemble the modules into working Baby Jets and Sierras, and ship them to our customer
   via Fedex as soon as they are completed, following our published order # list.

4B) BOM complete, down to individual screws and stand-offs.
Components ordering well underway - that and shipping/logistics is the primary focus of our operations team right now

Also, prototype machines using precisely the same components as the final machines complete, assembled, and tested.

Re: testing, this includes completing stage III thermal performance tests; stage 1 was chip thermal emulation during the physical design stage of chip development, stage 2 was software thermal emulation of the finished machine, and stage III is inserting a controlable heating element of the same form factor as the chip package into a complete gold prototype, and measure how much heat the system can dissipate while remaining within operating temperatures.

The results of that test were very positive; the design goal for our GN chip was a cooling system able to dissipate 250W, at which level it will produce 400 GHash/s.  The stage 3 test confirmed that the cooling system is able to dissipate significantly over 300W, which we believe will lead to significantly improved performance 

5) Our chip has been running CGminer (and mining) for months now as an FPGA.
We have created high-quality drivers for the chip.   We expect to have 3rd party confirmation of that fact out very shortly 

6) We are not designing a custom case.  Other than our chip and PCB/power stage we have not designed any other components, and intentionally so;  the only way a system of this nature can be produced in this kind of time frame is to use existing standards-based parts as far as humanly possible.  The goal is focus, focus, focus.

7) Correct.

Eduardo deCastro
Founder and CEO, HashFast

Micky25
Legendary

Activity: 974

View Profile
September 23, 2013, 08:57:19 PM

In regards to your questions below, we are unable to cancel your current order as we have already ordered the hardware that will be required to assemble your unit. What Simon mentioned, was an upgrade we are hoping to announce *very* shortly that is only for the Batch 1 Baby Jet customers. This will be for folks that wish to upgrade their system while keeping their current place in line and still 4 weeks ahead of the shipping of our Sierra's.

It seems to refer to the special promotion you mentioned in an earlier message. At least they didn't ask for 10% to trade the order. Wink

Come on guys, really? There must be a new get-rich-quick bestseller around.

cypherdoc
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1002

View Profile
September 23, 2013, 09:35:16 PM

the problem is, they are not getting rich right now off of anyone.

everything they're bringing in they are plowing back into making this a reality, ie, the best miner available in the market.  like i've said many times before, i am very excited about the design of the BJ and Sierra.  using OEM parts and being modular, i expect my own large order of BJ's to make an acceptable ROI for quite a while.
HashFast (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 23, 2013, 09:38:07 PM

We have just released a series of blog posts written by Simon here:  https://hashfast.com/blog/

Enjoy!

-John

cypherdoc
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1002

View Profile
September 23, 2013, 09:48:38 PM

https://hashfast.com/the-baby-jet-controller/

this is a great solution.  this makes me very happy as it will fit nicely into the solo mining configuration i currently have set up.

i'm looking forward to harnessing the power of 10 BJ's.  maybe 50 if and when MPP kicks in.
cedivad
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 23, 2013, 10:08:54 PM

If the "first batch baby jet special offer" is a second chip to have on the baby jet (since that the motherboard can house 2), for a price of like 1/4th of the baby jet price, i would like to know it now, since that i suppose i will need to pay in like 1 day if this offer comes out.

So, if i need to send a significative amount of money to the bitcoin ecosystem, i would like to know it in advance.

(if someone from hashfast wants to reply to this privately, my ticket number is 449. Thanks.)

we are unable to cancel your current order as we have already ordered the hardware that will be required to assemble your unit.
Especially since that it's the same hardware used with batch 2 baby jets... Anyway, i'm still confident.

My anger against what is wrong in the Bitcoin community is productive:
Bitcointa.lk - Replace "Bitcointalk.org" with "Bitcointa.lk" in this url to see how this page looks like on a proper forum (Announcement Thread)
Hashfast.org - Wiki for screwed customers
starsoccer9
Legendary

Activity: 1630

View Profile
September 23, 2013, 10:33:38 PM

the problem is, they are not getting rich right now off of anyone.

everything they're bringing in they are plowing back into making this a reality, ie, the best miner available in the market.  like i've said many times before, i am very excited about the design of the BJ and Sierra.  using OEM parts and being modular, i expect my own large order of BJ's to make an acceptable ROI for quite a while.

I would be quite interested to see your ROI calculations. From recent ones I have done I would loose around 4btc

If the "first batch baby jet special offer" is a second chip to have on the baby jet (since that the motherboard can house 2), for a price of like 1/4th of the baby jet price, i would like to know it now, since that i suppose i will need to pay in like 1 day if this offer comes out.

So, if i need to send a significative amount of money to the bitcoin ecosystem, i would like to know it in advance.

(if someone from hashfast wants to reply to this privately, my ticket number is 449. Thanks.)

Especially since that it's the same hardware used with batch 2 baby jets... Anyway, i'm still confident.
agreed, Personally I think it would be nice if they told people ahead of time by a little. Even if they just say a day before that tommarow we will be opening up so and so.
starsoccer9
Legendary

Activity: 1630

View Profile
September 23, 2013, 10:37:26 PM

We have just released a series of blog posts written by Simon here:  https://hashfast.com/blog/

Enjoy!

-John

For overclocking will it be supported out of the box or will it require alot of tinkering?

Also on your recent blog posts you mention a sierra batch1 but on your site there is only batch 2. Did I miss a batch one of Sierra going out in October?
DyslexicZombei

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 23, 2013, 10:47:25 PM

We have just released a series of blog posts written by Simon here:  https://hashfast.com/blog/

Enjoy!

-John

For overclocking will it be supported out of the box or will it require alot of tinkering?

Also on your recent blog posts you mention a sierra batch1 but on your site there is only batch 2. Did I miss a batch one of Sierra going out in October?

It looks like it'll be supported out of box.

From what they've said, the colder the room/area, the higher the achievable clock speed as the GN chip is supposed to throttle back to protect itself from thermal shutdown.
Good thing my cooperative's 2 host sites for our 2 HashFast Baby Jet and 2 Sierras have lots of A/C to spare.

500GH/s & 1500GH/s are my OC targets for both Miner types via incremental step ups of voltage/clock speed, and close monitoring of fan speeds, system temps, & CPU temps.

BTW, I have 75 shares available for a non-MPP Sierra at $69/share if anyone's interested. This should give you 12-15GH/s a share to be delivered Dec 1 (est.).

Per my phone call with John S. this morning, I even secured this pricing out thru Friday, instead of tonight's Flash Sale deadline, since I'm doing deposits on both tonight. It's the 4th GB link in my sig. AFAIK, our thread is the only place you'll still be able to get Flash Sale pricing after tonight if you're interested in partial ownership of a Sierra.
HashFast (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 23, 2013, 10:52:24 PM

We have just launched this new product - for customers that previously purchased a Baby Jet from us prior to the current sale.

https://hashfast.com/shop/baby-jet-upgrade-kit/

-John

Erin HashFast

Activity: 15

View Profile WWW
September 23, 2013, 10:58:49 PM

Hello,

I responded directly to your #449 case.

Thanks!
Erin
Erin HashFast

Activity: 15

View Profile WWW
September 23, 2013, 11:04:50 PM
Last edit: September 23, 2013, 11:24:36 PM by Erin HashFast

How soon until you guys have a working, hashing unit ? I'm interested in purchasing one of your 2TH/s units, but would like to hold off until a working prototype is documented.

Cheers.

Hello,

We aren't planning on having a prototype. Our actual, working Batch 1 Baby Jets are anticipated to ship the last week of October.

Please feel free to PM me or send an email to sales@hashfast.com with any additional questions.

Thanks,
Erin
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 [52] 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 ... 586 »
  Print  

Jump to: