Bitcoin Forum
March 19, 2024, 08:50:53 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 [135] 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 ... 586 »
  Print  
Author Topic: HashFast announces specs for new ASIC: 400GH/s  (Read 880223 times)
Nemesis

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 09, 2013, 06:26:23 AM

About the MPP, do you fools actually think about "shooting yourself in the foot" ?

Why? ....

Well HF used PAST difficulty to credit you extra mining capacity that will effect the FUTURE difficulty

If after 90 days of shipping HF devices take up to 25% of the network, in the next 90 days that would be 50% extra mining added (assuming other vendors stop shipping)

This protection WONT help you. In fact its a sale tactic.

90 days after shipping, i bet their device will be less than 1/4 of the original price.

Forget all these noises, the only good parameter is $/GHs

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
User705
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1006

First 100% Liquid Stablecoin Backed by Gold

View Profile
November 09, 2013, 06:36:05 AM

The only good parameter is how early you get it.  The total lifetime BTC profit is extremely front loaded. 

gjpminingco

Activity: 350

Co-Owner Of DCMCo-Op Mining Farm at 3.5 th/s

View Profile WWW
November 09, 2013, 06:45:00 AM

No Bottom line the MPP is there to make sure if NOTHING ELSE you atleast you earn what you paid for the miner back

that is what it is there for

can no one see that

they are not gonna pay or credit you extra speed so you can make a profit of $10,000 in the first 90 days, they Came up with the MPP as a way to make sure that you break even on your ROI in the First 90 days ( reguardless of the Diff and network speed ) plain and simple

Can no one understand that fact

ninjarobot

Activity: 761
Merit: 500

Mine Silent, Mine Deep

View Profile
November 09, 2013, 06:48:04 AM

No Bottom line the MPP is there to make sure if NOTHING ELSE you atleast you earn what you paid for the miner back

can no one see that

they are not gonna pay or credit you extra speed so you can make a profit of $10,000 in the first 90 days, they Came up with the MPP as a way to make sure that you break even on your ROI in the First 90 days ( reguardless of the Diff and network speed ) plain and simple

You are calculating ROI in USD. Since BJ's are paid for in BTC you should measure ROI in BTC.
Nemesis

Activity: 462

View Profile
November 09, 2013, 06:51:55 AM

can no one see that

Thats the whole point we're talking idiot.

They CAN NOT make sure that. Their calculation is flawed. They can only use past difficulty and say.... hey idiot, looks like if you have 1TH/s 90 days ago you would make ROI. So i will send you 600MHs x 2 = 1.2THs.

LOL little did you know all MPP does is make all their customers competing among themselves.

Remember you paid alot more for MPP. Your original $/GHs is terrible. 90 days of less hash rate will put you way far behind.
pmorici

Activity: 479

View Profile
November 09, 2013, 06:55:52 AM

How about you run the numbers and Post them Based on the buy that includes the MPP and tell me your results

That is how sure i am
as I already have run the numbers and do to the MPP i would still break even on the ROI and everything after that is gravy

Are you calculating your ROI in USD or BTC terms?  In terms of USD I don't doubt you think you will ROI but in terms of BTC the chance is zero from my calculations.
Puppet
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1040

View Profile
November 09, 2013, 07:00:17 AM

can no one see that

With MPP you get 2x the GH/$ (4x the original hashrate but you pay ~2x as much to have MPP) 3 months later.
So how does that "guarantee" work as long as the network speed keeps growing much faster than doubling every 3 months ? Its been doubling every 3 weeks.

Something to chew on: ordering a prospero X3 (2TH @ $4900 promised for late February) is probably a better "guarantee" than a MPP for the Sierra.
gjpminingco

View Profile WWW
November 09, 2013, 07:07:07 AM

Well You can Pay in BTC or in USD so it dont matter how you calculate it just calculate it in the form you paid,

And what you folks have FAILED to see, and I will be making sure that Hashfast posts to this Thread

they do not just take into account just 1 diff when doing the calculations

they take into account ALL the diff's that are in effect during the 90 days that you are mining when figuring how much extra speed it would have taken for you to make ROI

I have spoken with them about this throughly

Hence why i placed a VERY VERY large order with them and i did not place that order untill i fully understood the MPP

I guess some people dont know how to ask questions but would rather just jump to conclusions instead fully understanding everything involved before buying and then whine about something that is to their advantage ( that is if they got the MPP with their miner order )

Puppet
Legendary

View Profile
November 09, 2013, 07:09:32 AM

hey take into account ALL the diff's that are in effect during the 90 days that you are mining when figuring how much extra speed it would have taken for you to make ROI

Duh. Of course. But you dont seem to understand that your upgrade is limited to 4x. Difficulty increase over 3+ months is not so limited.
gjpminingco

View Profile WWW
November 09, 2013, 07:21:49 AM

Limited to 4x the speed of the miner you bought with the MPP

So if you bought the Sierra's at 1.2th/s that would be up to a max of 4.8th/s PER MINER ORDER

Puppet
Legendary

View Profile
November 09, 2013, 07:42:32 AM

Limited to 4x the speed of the miner you bought with the MPP

So if you bought the Sierra's at 1.2th/s that would be up to a max of 4.8th/s PER MINER ORDER

Yeah but you would have paid as much as for another sierra and the MPP modules would only arrive 3+ months later. Possibly a lot later than that, HF is totally mum on when they will ship
For the same money, would you rather have 1 Sierra in november december, or 3 Sierra's in March/April/June if network doubling continues ?
Protip, if doubling continues, a Sierra in March will earn 1/8th of a sierra in December.
gjpminingco

View Profile WWW
November 09, 2013, 07:47:42 AM

Well I am already setup and payment ready for Hashfasts Next Surprise announcements ( I am not allowed to say what it is but i know of 2 up comiming announcements that will shock everyone ( they are good announcement )

ninjarobot

Activity: 761
Merit: 500

Mine Silent, Mine Deep

View Profile
November 09, 2013, 07:58:45 AM

Well I am already setup and payment ready for Hashfasts Next Surprise announcements ( I am not allowed to say what it is but i know of 2 up comiming announcements that will shock everyone ( they are good announcement )

You are the perfect pre-order customer. Keep drinking the Kool-Aid Smiley
defcon23
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1002

View Profile
November 09, 2013, 08:21:01 AM

I wish people would read and fully understand a programs benefits before they whine and complain about a company running behind schedule because they choose not to release a sub-par product that would have just caused problems down the line, and that would have led to people just complaining about that.

Who's complaining about the mpp? Problem is there still isn't a product. Forget about the substrate, they just got the wafer for fucks sake. They straight out lied about shipping date.

i totally agree.  Cry
SolarSilver
Legendary

Activity: 1112
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 09, 2013, 09:05:43 AM

Well You can Pay in BTC or in USD so it dont matter how you calculate it just calculate it in the form you paid,

And what you folks have FAILED to see, and I will be making sure that Hashfast posts to this Thread

You are an idiot and should stay out of the economics of mining. Thank you though for subsidizing the growth of the Bitcoin economy by pumping in money that you are guaranteed to lose.

I have spoken with them about this throughly

Hence why i placed a VERY VERY large order with them and i did not place that order untill i fully understood the MPP

OK let's play ball and put some numbers down! How big is your VERY VERY large order? Is it more than 4 BabyJets? 8? 20? 200?

How much did you end up paying and at what date?

Let's come back the 1st of April and see how much of that investment in BTC you have recovered by then.
Visesrion

Activity: 826
Merit: 314

GIF by SOCIFI

View Profile
November 09, 2013, 11:17:58 AM

I am still waiting to see the update of the delay in their webpage and the photos as they claim. This is just a complete joke and a big marketing strategy.

I also know some of the future plans of HF and for sure they used to be really promising (just words as usual), but with this huge joke they are playing with us, no thanks.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄                          ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
             █████████████████                   █████████████████
         █████████████████████████           █████████████████████████
       █████████████████████████████       █████████████████████████████
     █████████████████████████████████   █████████████████████████████████
   ████████████▀           ▀██████████████████████████████████████████████
  ████████████▄▄███████████▄▄█████████▓▓▓███████████████████████████████████
 ▐██████████████▀         ▀██████████▓▓▓▓████████████████████████████████████
 ██████████████▄▄█████████▄▄█████████▓▓▓▓▓████████████████████████████████████
▐█████████████████▀      ▀██████████▓▓▓▓▓▓████████████████████████████████████▌
▐████████████████▄▄██████▄▄█████████▓▓▓▓▓▓▓███████████████████████████████████▌
▐██████████████████      ███████████▓▓▓▓▓▓▓███████████████████████████████████▌
▐██████████████████ ████ ████████████▓▓▓▓▓████████████████████████████████████
 ██████████████████ ████ ████████████▓▓▓▓▓███████████████    ████████████████
  █████████████████ ████ █████████████▓▓▓████████████████   █████████████   █
   ████████████████      ███████████████████████████████    ███████████
    ██████████████████████████████████ ██████████████████     ████████
      ███████████████████████████████     █████████████████
        ███████████████████████████         █████████████████▓
           ████████████████████                ███████████████████▓
               ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀                       ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄████████▄▄▄
▄▄██████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
▄████████████████████████████▄
████████████████████████████████
▓████████████████████████████████▓
███████████████████████▒░███████████
▄█████████████████▒░      ███████████▄
█████████████░░          ░████████████
█████████░              ░█████████████
██████████▓░░          ░██████████████
██████████████▓░       ███████████████
▀███████████████▒     ░██████████████▀
████████████████▒   ░███████████████
████████████████░ ░███████████████
▀████████████████████████████▀
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀██████████████████▀▀
 ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
JOIN OUR
TELEGRAM
Visesrion

Activity: 826
Merit: 314

GIF by SOCIFI

View Profile
November 09, 2013, 11:46:47 AM

Now they do not upload this update to their webpage ? Or they do not post the same thing in twitter every 2 hours ?

I suppose they will wait to have the photos of the wafers and then upload them and they wont say a word of the delays. This marketing strategies seems quite ilegal to me. There is no somewhere we can go to at least shut down their webpage so they do not engage someone else ?

They could send us more emails if they want, the updates are useless same as the order chain and the hashfast customer help, so the only reason to have the webpage is to catch up more customers

By the way they will post photos soon... I think this sounds familiar to me....

The shipping dates in the website have been updated.

-The HashFast Team

And here we are still waiting you to post the delay info in your webpage  and for the photos

Next joke please...

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄                          ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
             █████████████████                   █████████████████
         █████████████████████████           █████████████████████████
       █████████████████████████████       █████████████████████████████
     █████████████████████████████████   █████████████████████████████████
   ████████████▀           ▀██████████████████████████████████████████████
  ████████████▄▄███████████▄▄█████████▓▓▓███████████████████████████████████
 ▐██████████████▀         ▀██████████▓▓▓▓████████████████████████████████████
 ██████████████▄▄█████████▄▄█████████▓▓▓▓▓████████████████████████████████████
▐█████████████████▀      ▀██████████▓▓▓▓▓▓████████████████████████████████████▌
▐████████████████▄▄██████▄▄█████████▓▓▓▓▓▓▓███████████████████████████████████▌
▐██████████████████      ███████████▓▓▓▓▓▓▓███████████████████████████████████▌
▐██████████████████ ████ ████████████▓▓▓▓▓████████████████████████████████████
 ██████████████████ ████ ████████████▓▓▓▓▓███████████████    ████████████████
  █████████████████ ████ █████████████▓▓▓████████████████   █████████████   █
   ████████████████      ███████████████████████████████    ███████████
    ██████████████████████████████████ ██████████████████     ████████
      ███████████████████████████████     █████████████████
        ███████████████████████████         █████████████████▓
           ████████████████████                ███████████████████▓
               ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀                       ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄████████▄▄▄
▄▄██████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
▄████████████████████████████▄
▓████████████████████████████████▓
███████████████████████▒░███████████
▄█████████████████▒░      ███████████▄
█████████████░░          ░████████████
█████████░              ░█████████████
██████████▓░░          ░██████████████
██████████████▓░       ███████████████
▀███████████████▒     ░██████████████▀
████████████████▒   ░███████████████
████████████████░ ░███████████████
▀████████████████████████████▀
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀██████████████████▀▀
 ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
JOIN OUR
TELEGRAM
aneutronic

Activity: 175
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 09, 2013, 11:59:50 AM

So whats the update on refund? I dont see them meeting their next deadline and want a refund? How much BTC are we losing because they lied? If they said end of year shipment or late nov I would of never would think about buying a babyjet...  end of oct was a risk but why would a customer take a loss when a company is gonna make millions without even shipping a product?

I'm sure they wouldn't have sold out batch one if they said delivery at mid December. I'm really annoyed, and in the same camp as you. We were deliberately lied to. I don't think they ever were on track for October shipping judging by what progress they have made so far.

Agreed.

There is too much of a delay in delivery. I would like a refund in the currency I purchased with please.

What is the official ruling on the refunds?   HF?  tacotime?  anybody?
3DX4D

Activity: 65
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 09, 2013, 12:41:48 PM

So whats the update on refund? I dont see them meeting their next deadline and want a refund? How much BTC are we losing because they lied? If they said end of year shipment or late nov I would of never would think about buying a babyjet...  end of oct was a risk but why would a customer take a loss when a company is gonna make millions without even shipping a product?

I'm sure they wouldn't have sold out batch one if they said delivery at mid December. I'm really annoyed, and in the same camp as you. We were deliberately lied to. I don't think they ever were on track for October shipping judging by what progress they have made so far.

Agreed.

There is too much of a delay in delivery. I would like a refund in the currency I purchased with please.

What is the official ruling on the refunds?   HF?  tacotime?  anybody?

This is from their ToS. No refunds until 12/31/13

3. DELIVERY AND QUANTITIES.
(a) Guaranteed Baby Jet Delivery Dates – Batch 1. All of the 550 Baby Jet units from Hashfast’s first production batch are guaranteed for delivery by December 31, 2013. If Buyer ordered one or more units of such Baby Jets, and Hashfast does not deliver such units by that date, then Buyer may cancel the undelivered portion of the order at Buyer’s request and Hashfast will refund the payment for the units that Buyer purchased but did not receive and cancelled. This cancellation and refund is Buyer’s sole and exclusive remedy for Hashfast failing to deliver by the December 31, 2013 guaranteed delivery date. To avail itself of this remedy, Buyer must cancel the order before such unit(s) are delivered by Hashfast, and in any case before March 31, 2014.

https://hashfast.com/checkout/terms-of-sale/
aneutronic

Activity: 175
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 09, 2013, 01:37:05 PM

This is from their ToS. No refunds until 12/31/13

3. DELIVERY AND QUANTITIES.
(a) Guaranteed Baby Jet Delivery Dates – Batch 1. All of the 550 Baby Jet units from Hashfast’s first production batch are guaranteed for delivery by December 31, 2013. If Buyer ordered one or more units of such Baby Jets, and Hashfast does not deliver such units by that date, then Buyer may cancel the undelivered portion of the order at Buyer’s request and Hashfast will refund the payment for the units that Buyer purchased but did not receive and cancelled. This cancellation and refund is Buyer’s sole and exclusive remedy for Hashfast failing to deliver by the December 31, 2013 guaranteed delivery date. To avail itself of this remedy, Buyer must cancel the order before such unit(s) are delivered by Hashfast, and in any case before March 31, 2014.

https://hashfast.com/checkout/terms-of-sale/

That's not the original.

Still haven't heard back about the refunds :/

Unless HF starts communicating soon and comes up with concrete shipping dates and delay compensation plans I will be asking for a refund on Nov 10. I ordered on the first day and have copies and screenshots of the site, the terms of sale, invoices, receipts, etc. I'm not too worried.

This may have already been done, but could you post your screen shots of the terms of sale and the site from August?

Sure. August 8:

ToS:
http://pastebin.com/EfS9vmRf

Site:

Notice the lack of the word 'Anticipated' on the site, and the lack of the 'December 31st' date on the ToS.
Pages: « 1 ... 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 [135] 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 ... 586 »
  Print  

Jump to: