Bitcoin Forum
March 19, 2024, 04:32:32 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 [140] 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 ... 586 »
  Print  
Author Topic: HashFast announces specs for new ASIC: 400GH/s  (Read 880223 times)
Minor Miner
Legendary

Activity: 2226
Merit: 1011

Be A Digital Miner

View Profile
November 13, 2013, 08:54:47 PM

This is going to be bad.
It is going to be a long 6 weeks waiting....    Now I know why the KNC thread is 1200 pages.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ImI
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1019

View Profile
November 13, 2013, 09:03:13 PM

This is going to be bad.
It is going to be a long 6 weeks waiting....    Now I know why the KNC thread is 1200 pages.

At the KNC thread about 90% of the idiots werent even invested in KNC. Thats the funny thing about those guys, have no intention in the whole project but keep throwing dirt. The day KNC delivered they dissapeared suddenly.

And here its the same.
xstr8guy

Activity: 784
Merit: 1004

Glow Stick Dance!

View Profile
November 13, 2013, 09:14:42 PM

Are you all really bitching about this?!

The CEO of the company that you invested in is holding millions of dollars worth of chips in his hands that will soon be going into devices that you preordered a couple of months ago.

Meanwhile, BTC is at $400.

You invested in a very risky startup in an extremely volatile market.  And you didn't think there weren't going to be any bumps in the road along the way?

Or did you just think that these "money machines" were just going to make you rich without any effort or stress on your part?

This is absolutely absurd!  And someone is even calling the guy a douche for wearing a bluetooth headset?  Would you rather he didn't answer the phone?

I have to admit, I'm jealous that I didn't order a Babyjet.  I thought HashFast was too risky from the beginning.  But it looks like you all will be getting cutting-edge ASICs very soon and I will just have to watch with envy.

Micky25
Legendary

Activity: 974
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 13, 2013, 09:26:54 PM

you're totally right, Sir. A whinning bitch like me isn't worth the blessings this good guy is spreading all over our cryptocoin community.

I step back and am humbly offering you my order of a first batch babyjet + upgrade, for the same price I paid, 63.894 BTC which is around $25,000 at the moment.

Are you interested?
itod
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1075

^ Will code for Bitcoins

View Profile
November 13, 2013, 09:30:13 PM

This is going to be bad.

I'm seriously interested if someone who did this wafer-to-chip business for a living can estimate how long it takes to do it in California. Amazing how much spam and few usable info is in this thread, a day has passed since this picture is published and not single one trustworthy estimate is posted.
DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1063

Gerald Davis

View Profile
November 13, 2013, 09:39:58 PM
Last edit: November 13, 2013, 10:05:10 PM by DeathAndTaxes

This is going to be bad.
It is going to be a long 6 weeks waiting....    Now I know why the KNC thread is 1200 pages.

I'm seriously interested if someone who did this wafer-to-chip business for a living can estimate how long it takes to do it in California. Amazing how much spam and few usable info is in this thread, a day has passed since this picture is published and not single one trustworthy estimate is posted.

I haven't been in the industry for almost 20 years but here is my take, the time for packaging depends on the complexity of the package, the number of dies/wafers but it shouldn't take more than 7-10 days. It probably can be done in less than that for a small premium run but I don't have any knowledge of that. CA shouldn't be any slower than anywhere in the world.  It probably more expensive than China but not any slower.  

However my understanding is the substrate which is a component in the packaging is delayed so packaging house can cut the wafers into dies, and possibly do some testing, but they can't complete assembly into final chips until the substrates have arrived.  The packing house provides the "labor" (using expensive IC equipment) to cut wafers into dies and assemble them onto substrates, do all the internal wiring, and attach a heat spreader.  

Essentially:  fabricated wafers + substrates + other minor components + services of packaging house = final chips.
minternj

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 13, 2013, 10:02:16 PM

The CEO of the company that you invested in is holding millions of dollars worth of chips in his hands that will soon be going into devices that you preordered a couple of months ago.

You invested in a very risky startup in an extremely volatile market.  And you didn't think there weren't going to be any bumps in the road along the way?

Or did you just think that these "money machines" were just going to make you rich without any effort or stress on your part?

This is absolutely absurd!  And someone is even calling the guy a douche for wearing a bluetooth headset?  Would you rather he didn't answer the phone?

I have to admit, I'm jealous that I didn't order a Babyjet.  I thought HashFast was too risky from the beginning.  But it looks like you all will be getting cutting-edge ASICs very soon and I will just have to watch with envy.

Why do you feel the need to white knight for hashfast if you aren't a customer or an employee? Yes we are seriously bitching because we were made assurances and told lies. You missed the point, we paid premium for a product to be delivered at a certain time and in good faith. They did not act in good faith and knowingly deceived us.. If they want to refund me some of the premium, i'd be a bit more appeased for sure and less "bitchy" as you put it.

Warning about Nitrogensports.eu
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=709114.0
itod
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1075

^ Will code for Bitcoins

View Profile
November 13, 2013, 10:02:38 PM

This is going to be bad.
It is going to be a long 6 weeks waiting....    Now I know why the KNC thread is 1200 pages.

I haven't been in the industry for almost 20 years but here is my take, the time for packaging depends on the complexity of the package, the number of dies/wafers but it shouldn't take more than 7-10 days.  CA shouldn't be any slower than anywhere in the world.  Probably more expensive than China but not any slower.  

However my understanding is the substrate which is a component in the packaging is delayed so you can cut the wafers into dies but you can't "assemble" those dies into complete chips until you have the substrates. The packing house provides the "labor" (using expensive IC equipment) to cut wafers into dies and assemble them onto substrates, do all the internal wiring, and attach a heat spreader.  

Essentially:  fabricated wafers + substrates + other minor components + services of packaging house = final chips.

Thanks. KnC did fabrication from chips-in-hand to ready boards in a single day, HF announced it needs a week maximum. Add a week to your calculation and we get a realistic possible delivery date at the end of this month + add the substrate waiting time.
ProfMac
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 13, 2013, 10:04:53 PM

you're totally right, Sir. A whinning bitch like me isn't worth the blessings this good guy is spreading all over our cryptocoin community.

I step back and am humbly offering you my order of a first batch babyjet + upgrade, for the same price I paid, 63.894 BTC which is around $25,000 at the moment.

Are you interested?

Sell it at auction.  My signature links to a protocol for a blockchain auction, so you don't have to deal with joy-bidders. 

I try to be respectful and informed.
fubly

Activity: 561
Merit: 517

Trustless IceColdWallet

View Profile WWW
November 13, 2013, 10:57:32 PM

Hi HF,

do you have an update before the day is ending?
 Shocked Roll Eyes

each time you send a transaction don't forget to use a new address, each time you receive one also!
Maged
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1015

View Profile
November 14, 2013, 12:16:26 AM

You can't remove a topic once that the topic was replied to, can you?
Why did a mod deleted the topic?

See: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=324342.0

It was a duplicate thread.

cedivad
Legendary

Activity: 1176

View Profile
November 14, 2013, 12:18:24 AM

Got it. Thanks.

My anger against what is wrong in the Bitcoin community is productive:
Bitcointa.lk - Replace "Bitcointalk.org" with "Bitcointa.lk" in this url to see how this page looks like on a proper forum (Announcement Thread)
Hashfast.org - Wiki for screwed customers
xstr8guy

Activity: 784
Merit: 1004

Glow Stick Dance!

View Profile
November 14, 2013, 12:40:47 AM

Why do you feel the need to white knight for hashfast if you aren't a customer or an employee? Yes we are seriously bitching because we were made assurances and told lies. You missed the point, we paid premium for a product to be delivered at a certain time and in good faith. They did not act in good faith and knowingly deceived us.. If they want to refund me some of the premium, i'd be a bit more appeased for sure and less "bitchy" as you put it.

And you seriously expected there was zero chance for delays?  Everything was just going to go so smoothly that there was no risk in investing a huge chunk of cash in a company that was quickly assembled to build a money making machine?

Now doesn't that sound ridiculous.
cedivad
Legendary

Activity: 1176

View Profile
November 14, 2013, 12:47:58 AM

Oh, come on.
TSMC with delays. This is what you are talking about, not the substrate. TSMC.

My anger against what is wrong in the Bitcoin community is productive:
Bitcointa.lk - Replace "Bitcointalk.org" with "Bitcointa.lk" in this url to see how this page looks like on a proper forum (Announcement Thread)
Hashfast.org - Wiki for screwed customers
amer

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 14, 2013, 01:03:38 AM

And you seriously expected there was zero chance for delays?  Everything was just going to go so smoothly that there was no risk in investing a huge chunk of cash in a company that was quickly assembled to build a money making machine?

I agree that we should expect delays. But so should HashFast. And the proposed schedule from HashFast should have room for delays. There has been no delay of any kind up to now mentioned to us, then suddenly "okay, substrate delay, now all our delivery dates are off". Why is the *first* delay the one that broke the schedule? Shouldn't a "non ridiculous" group of people (your words) be able to plan a schedule that can take some abuse before it's wrong?

I wasn't being ridiculous when I placed my order, but even with my "well, if they say x, i'll expect x+1, but maybe there will be lots of problems, just in case, let's say x+2, then we hear that at the first delay the readjusted schedule is x+8."

Also, xstr8guy, I don't know why this has to be adversarial. I like HashFast, I'm looking forward to my BabyJet, even though my projections show I likely won't make all my BTC back, but I'm excited about the future of Bitcoin. It's a great time we're all living in, but every time someone gets on here with this "HashFast is the angelic hero of the mining community" nonsense, all it does is make half the people here more acutely aware of the delta between "I should have just bought BTC" and this particular investment in HashFast.

In other words, you're not doing HashFast any favors by overexaggerating the silver lining of this cloud. You're not a customer, you made no investment. You're defending a bluetooth headset which is a known douchey thing to do (http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Bluetooth%20Douche) and a poorly done photo op - the point is what?

tips: 1amerApYUVjsKSuVUtfjxaoi7QXG7Zwao
perezoso

Activity: 392

View Profile
November 14, 2013, 01:13:22 AM

Hi all,

Here is a picture of Eduardo deCastro, CEO, receiving the wafers!

Cheers,

HashFast Team

It seems that not even the mods, who apparently deleted it, got my wafer receipt joke.

When I was boy going to Sunday school, they taught me to kneel down to receive wafers.  
minternj

Activity: 434

View Profile
November 14, 2013, 01:59:59 AM

And you seriously expected there was zero chance for delays?  Everything was just going to go so smoothly that there was no risk in investing a huge chunk of cash in a company that was quickly assembled to build a money making machine?

No, you sound ridiculous,  because all you are doing is stating the obvious. No shit, crap can go wrong. Fucking got a cookie for you right here for that mind blowing financial risk management advice.

The point that you are missing is that they said everything was on schedule a month from shipment. Then they say the substrate was the problem. In reality, they didn't even have the wafers yet!

Telling us to stop bitching about it, when we have full right to be mad about being lied to makes you ridiculous.

Warning about Nitrogensports.eu
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=709114.0
DPoS

Activity: 462

View Profile
November 14, 2013, 03:21:44 AM

It seems that not even the mods, who apparently deleted it, got my wafer receipt joke.

When I was boy going to Sunday school, they taught me to kneel down to receive wafers.  

I caught it..  it was funny

and the Ponies pic was hilarious..  I couldn't stop laughing and they removed them yet they let 1000 pages of bs on the KNC thread

there is some serious hate towards KNC from this forum.   Remember when KNC hashed their first miner for a few days and a mod made a thread to slam 'greedy companies that mine for themselves instead of shipping to customers?'

it was one miner...

~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~Play Boardgames for Bitcoins!!~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~ Something I say help? Donate BTC! 1KN1K1xStzsgfYxdArSX4PEjFfcLEuYhid
DPoS

Activity: 462

View Profile
November 14, 2013, 03:23:14 AM

No, you sound ridiculous,  because all you are doing is stating the obvious. No shit, crap can go wrong. Fucking got a cookie for you right here for that mind blowing financial risk management advice.

The point that you are missing is that they said everything was on schedule a month from shipment. Then they say the substrate was the problem. In reality, they didn't even have the wafers yet!

Telling us to stop bitching about it, when we have full right to be mad about being lied to makes you ridiculous.

then get a refund..  demand it..  go and bang on their door

~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~Play Boardgames for Bitcoins!!~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~ Something I say help? Donate BTC! 1KN1K1xStzsgfYxdArSX4PEjFfcLEuYhid
ninjarobot

Activity: 761
Merit: 500

Mine Silent, Mine Deep

View Profile
November 14, 2013, 03:27:16 AM

then get a refund..  demand it..  go and bang on their door

I requested a refund last Sunday. No response. They won't even confirm receipt of my request. Will call them tomorrow.
Pages: « 1 ... 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 [140] 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 ... 586 »
  Print  

Jump to: