Bitcoin Forum
March 19, 2024, 04:25:11 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 [202] 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 ... 586 »
  Print  
Author Topic: HashFast announces specs for new ASIC: 400GH/s  (Read 880223 times)
cedivad
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 13, 2013, 09:45:37 AM

Dear Community Liaison, as people kindly explained you, we don't know what to do with your 20% speed increase of a product that was priced for a delivery 2 months ago (aka, in a 5 times more friendly mining ecosystem).

Think about shipping the MPP as soon as possible and if you want to do something useful that you can actually do, ask them to answer my case, (#449), that with legit questions is still unanswered after a week.

@senseless, sure.

My anger against what is wrong in the Bitcoin community is productive:
Bitcointa.lk - Replace "Bitcointalk.org" with "Bitcointa.lk" in this url to see how this page looks like on a proper forum (Announcement Thread)
Hashfast.org - Wiki for screwed customers

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
dbbit

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 13, 2013, 09:45:42 AM

btw, if they get more hashing power per chip, they will ship you a lower amount of chips in the MPP, so don't expect any gift there)

Not quite.

Even if they get to 1 TH per chip (unlikely), and you have the device in hand on December 20th (unlikely), and with modest 10% difficulty adjustments until the end of January (unlikely), you won't ROI by end of January, given 4 times the initial delivery power.

So they'll still need to ship out a full x4 MPP.
cedivad
Legendary

View Profile
December 13, 2013, 09:48:47 AM

btw, if they get more hashing power per chip, they will ship you a lower amount of chips in the MPP, so don't expect any gift there)
Even if they get to 1 TH per chip (unlikely), and you have the device in hand on December 20th (unlikely), and with modest 10% difficulty adjustments until the end of January (unlikely), you won't ROI by end of January, given 4 times the initial delivery power.
Sorry, but is it related to what i was saying? I said that since that the MPP is based on GH and not chips, they would ship a lower amount of chips to obtain the promised performance, they have no reason to ship us 4 board per BJ. They will ship us 3.

Bitcointa.lk - Replace "Bitcointalk.org" with "Bitcointa.lk" in this url to see how this page looks like on a proper forum (Announcement Thread)
Visesrion

Activity: 826
Merit: 314

GIF by SOCIFI

View Profile
December 13, 2013, 09:49:54 AM

HALF A TERRAHASH/s (500GH/s) on a single chip.
HashFast ASIC Golden Nonce- Half a Terrahash Complete bitcoin mining system as found in the BabyJet
This result was achieved during the bringup process of HashFast’s GN chip and module. The engineering team are progressively testing the system, and have not yet reached the full speeds the system was designed for. We expect to see better results over the next few days.
This milestone represents a breakthrough in Bitcoin mining technology and is several times faster than existing Bitcoin mining chips. We are starting volume production of mining systems now.
Stay tuned for further speed results.

Answer to the customers tickets NOW !

I am trying to change the shipping adress, getting an invoice for the customs and asking for changing the BJ case into a sierra one as many did (just to fit into a dc) and I am been ignored for 2 days now. Take care about the customers unless you wanted to pay me thousands in customs fees.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄                          ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
             █████████████████                   █████████████████
         █████████████████████████           █████████████████████████
       █████████████████████████████       █████████████████████████████
     █████████████████████████████████   █████████████████████████████████
   ████████████▀           ▀██████████████████████████████████████████████
  ████████████▄▄███████████▄▄█████████▓▓▓███████████████████████████████████
 ▐██████████████▀         ▀██████████▓▓▓▓████████████████████████████████████
 ██████████████▄▄█████████▄▄█████████▓▓▓▓▓████████████████████████████████████
▐█████████████████▀      ▀██████████▓▓▓▓▓▓████████████████████████████████████▌
▐████████████████▄▄██████▄▄█████████▓▓▓▓▓▓▓███████████████████████████████████▌
▐██████████████████      ███████████▓▓▓▓▓▓▓███████████████████████████████████▌
▐██████████████████ ████ ████████████▓▓▓▓▓████████████████████████████████████
 ██████████████████ ████ ████████████▓▓▓▓▓███████████████    ████████████████
  █████████████████ ████ █████████████▓▓▓████████████████   █████████████   █
   ████████████████      ███████████████████████████████    ███████████
    ██████████████████████████████████ ██████████████████     ████████
      ███████████████████████████████     █████████████████
        ███████████████████████████         █████████████████▓
           ████████████████████                ███████████████████▓
               ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀                       ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄████████▄▄▄
▄▄██████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
▄████████████████████████████▄
████████████████████████████████
▓████████████████████████████████▓
███████████████████████▒░███████████
▄█████████████████▒░      ███████████▄
█████████████░░          ░████████████
█████████░              ░█████████████
██████████▓░░          ░██████████████
██████████████▓░       ███████████████
▀███████████████▒     ░██████████████▀
████████████████▒   ░███████████████
████████████████░ ░███████████████
████████████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████████▀
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀██████████████████▀▀
 ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
JOIN OUR
TELEGRAM
joshv06

Activity: 991
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 13, 2013, 10:02:51 AM

We're able to change BJ's to Sierras?

D A I L Y -  C R Y P T O  -  G I V E W A Y S
▬▬ ●●     Your source for daily free giveaways !    ●● ▬▬
DISCORD    -    TWITTER    -    WEBSITE
cedivad
Legendary

View Profile
December 13, 2013, 10:03:58 AM

We're able to change BJ's to Sierras?
NO.
But if you have more than several BJ and you prayed john 2 months ago (as i did) it could change the __box of fan__ model type from BJ to Sierra.

HashFast_CL

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

HashFast Community Liaison

View Profile WWW
December 13, 2013, 10:12:18 AM

Dear Community Liaison, as people kindly explained you, we don't know what to do with your 20% speed increase of a product that was priced for a delivery 2 months ago (aka, in a 5 times more friendly mining ecosystem).

Think about shipping the MPP as soon as possible and if you want to do something useful that you can actually do, ask them to answer my case, (#449), that with legit questions is still unanswered after a week.

Dear cedivad,

HashFast fully anticipates meeting the stated guaranteed delivery date of Dec 31.   Otherwise, refunds will be issued.

500GH is an increase of 25% (not "20%") over the initial 400GH spec.  And there may still be additional capacity yet to be unleashed!

HashFast already paid for Batch 1's MPP chips and they are being manufactured at TSMC, the world's most advanced wafer fabrication plant.

You may rest assured Batch 1 customers will receive their extra MPP miniboards as soon as possible.   Smiley

"Bitcoin enables ordinary people to fight back, to avoid and evade snooping governments, which enact, use and abuse laws that allow them, without due process, to investigate, tax, control and seize privately owned assets."  -   Leon Louw

“We can say without equivocation that firms like MasterCard, Visa and the TBTF banks like JPMorgan and Goldman hate the idea of ever having to compete for business again. They have grown comfortable in their corrupt world of writing laws for themselves without any regulatory oversight. They enjoy the exorbitant privilege of bilking the American economy with extortionary transaction rates. They are scared of Bitcoin. And they should be. It offers transparency, cost efficiency and anonymity.” - Max Kaiser
cedivad
Legendary

View Profile
December 13, 2013, 10:18:47 AM

HashFast fully anticipates meeting our stated guaranteed delivery date of Dec 31.   Otherwise, refunds will be issued.
Just tell me, exactly, where this date was for the first half of batch 1 customers, for the ones that ordered before the 15th of August? It was not on the website (that __promised__ a delivery for the end of October); it was not in the ToS, where it was added later. So, how does exactly HF stands to its statements?

500GH is an increase of 25% (not "20%") over the initial 400GH spec.  And there may still be additional capacity yet to be unleashed!
Yes, you are right. I feel an idiot because i knew that when i wrote the post, but i decided to use the number i used in the pages before, just for the sake of continuity, and you exploited that error. Thanks.
Anyway, let it be 50%+, it's irrelevant. The only thing that matters is the MPP, and i acknowledge that you recognise it in your next line;

HashFast already paid for Batch 1's MPP chips and they are being manufactured at TSMC, the world's most advanced wafer fabrication plant. You may rest assured Batch 1 customers will receive their extra MPP miniboards as soon as possible.
If the "anticipated" delivery date for the MPP is "after" the 31 of Jan, as you certainly understand, the MPP would make less than the overclocked JB. In other words, useless.

As always, thanks for your answer.

jelin1984
Legendary

Activity: 2408
Merit: 1004

View Profile
December 13, 2013, 10:27:07 AM

what is the hashing speed of boards? Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
cedivad
Legendary

View Profile
December 13, 2013, 10:28:36 AM

500GH @ 600W at the wall for now.

jelin1984
Legendary

View Profile
December 13, 2013, 10:33:09 AM

is full overclocked or not?
when they delivered the first boards?
Easy2Mine

Activity: 854
Merit: 500

einc.io

View Profile
December 13, 2013, 10:42:36 AM

I hope they don't deliver before the 31 of december.
I will ask for a refund like many others.
I hope they keep their words, they will allow whoever wants to refund to get their refunds.

Micky25
Legendary

Activity: 974
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 13, 2013, 10:44:56 AM

Shocked  Wow!  Five hundred gigahashes/sec per chip.  With room to overclock.   Shocked

And more:

It will never mine back the amount of BTC you paid for it!
FTFY

cedivad
Legendary

View Profile
December 13, 2013, 11:05:26 AM
Last edit: December 13, 2013, 11:20:30 AM by cedivad

They will never voluntarily refund in BTC. It would make no sense as a company;

^^ just had some fun with latex.

cedivad
Legendary

View Profile
December 13, 2013, 11:55:40 AM

I really don't remember anything about it in the ToS, sorry. However there is the first version of the ToS online, i'm gonna look for it...

jelin1984
Legendary

View Profile
December 13, 2013, 12:03:12 PM

what hashfast
tell about the deliveried date?
timmah

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 13, 2013, 12:07:50 PM

So.. we are starting to get some power numbers:
https://hashfast.com/second-tests/

“We’ve got two dies up on this. Right now we are clocking it at 700mhz and .84v core voltage. It’s doing 248Gh/s on only 2 dies! Half a Golden Nonce.

Consumption is around 300 watts total and 78C die temp.

So... we are looking at ~600W total for around ~500GH? Obviously the 25% extra hashrate is nice, but I thought we were expecting the total power to be under 1J/GH. 
I guess that isn't going to happen unless we underclock.

So essentially roughly the same power efficiency as KNC, shipped late and at higher cost.

So KNC wins, and will make much more money if there is ever a round #2 match...
Let's see if Cointerra gives HF an ass kicking at half the cost, they might even deliver by the end of the year

This is mostly about KnC and how they differed from HF and CT in the chip design and business models so it may be TL:DR for those who don't care but this is just my observations IMHO.

Hope to see better numbers but it's kinda different comparing KnC hardware with HF and CT as KnC's 28nm chip with 4 cores only runs at 110-125 Gh so 4 chips are necessary to make a 550Gh unit so there is no room for expansion in the case at all, especially with the huge heat sinks that they used as well as the circuit board for each chip.  Even if they used water cooling it would be hard to imagine how they would cool just another two chips (having a total of 6 chips) and the boards attached to them and still fitting it in a 4u case.

I'm guessing that they got their machines to market faster because they most likely did their entire design on an FPGA then just ported it directly to an ASIC so it had some of the advantages of an ASIC in terms of power consumption and what not but they already knew that their chips would not run as fast as building an ASIC from scratch.  So they ended up with a product that would fill a 4u case and max out at 550Gh (well 400Gh initially) with no possibility of expansion even though their controller card took 6 inputs and the firmware and gui on the beagleboard supported all 6 ports as well.   

As some people who ordered multiple machines from KnC noticed that some of the controller pcbs had all 6 ports populated with headers and some not although they all worked so if they wanted to they could solder a couple of headers on and it would work to run another 2 chips.  Who knows why they had some controller cards with only 4 headers and some with all 6 (cost saving on a 10c part?).  I'm not an engineer or anything but have done a good bit of research just for the sake of due diligence, just ordering 1 of their batch 1 jupiters is like 3 months salary for many people so it's no joke to order multiple machines. 

So, with that (feel free to correct me if I'm wrong), it looks like KnC put their chips on a circuit board with the VRM, and everything else to run the chip and most likely used a serial interface from each chip pcb to connect to their "controller" pcb that really was there to just basically act as serial a hub for the 4 chips (or up to 6) and used a custom gui built on a stripped bare beaglebone black (no hdmi, usb etc with only way to access the beaglebone is through the network connection) to manage the serial connections linked to their proprietary board.  I don't think that the pcb which they used to connect the chips and BBB did much but flash some leds, act as a serial hub and allow voltage (and other) data and settings to be sent to the chips from the BBB.  I'm sure someone with the right skills could connect those serial connections to a serial to usb adapter and just ensure that the right data is sent to the chips and it would work with a regular usb interface.  The as far as I'm aware, "firmware updates" are on the BBB not to any eprom on the pcb or anything.

The bad part was that even using the highest recommended PS the Corsair 850w 80+ Platnum their controller pcb hub is very sensitive to any voltage spikes.  As many people knew there were a good bit of machines that needed RMAs including mine.  There was a power surge and even with surge protectors 2 of my PSUs got burnt out and also 3 of their cards.  After almost a week of back and fourth "troubleshooting" it was determined that it was their custom PCB was the issue as when I plugged the BBB on to one of my other working miners that did survive, it worked without any issue. 

Previous to that it was confusing as their board would still provide power to the BBB and buttons but whatever chip they used to communicate with the ASIC chips and BBB was blown (but BBB was actually not harmed) as re-flashing the BBB did nothing.  I'm sure this happened to many others as well and when they finally issued an RMA it was almost a week later, then sending the parts back to them and back would mean almost 2 weeks or more of no mining.  I was just lucky enough to realize that all 6 headers on their controller card could be used so I was able to make super long cables and connect 2 chips to one board and 2 to another but I did have to solder some more headers on a couple cards as those only had 4 headers from the factory.  I was lucky enough to have purchased enough miners from them to get all the chips running, and still running so it shows I have 6 chips showing in the web gui and get about 850Mh which is just about right for 6 chips.  So I only ended up with about 2-3 days of down time and not 2-3 weeks.

This worked great for them at the time because they were able to actually deliver a product very close to their actual marketed release dates, the bad thing is that they skimped on just about everything else and aside from tweaking the pcb for the batch 2 machines I think they knew their chips were going to be an EOL very quickly from just these couple of batches that were sold.  For the price they could have included a PSU etc but there was no room in the box anyway so I think it was more about that and the way they had engineered the project from the first place.

Their 20nm chip may be different and perhaps they can get all 3000Gh on one chip or perhaps 1500Mh on 2 chips by building an ASIC directly.  That is what I believe CT and HF did, which is the reason that they are getting the same speeds on just one chip allowing easy upgrades and lots more room and space to save on wattage and all that stuff.

It does look like they did have some talented engineers that built their chip but some shitty business models and sales execs who don't even know their own specs on their products or even researched their competitors' products.  CT may have been more honest about the time frame but still they charged quite a bit.

On the other hand HF totally screwed all the B1 B2 and most likely all their buyers with just lies.  You would think that they would have purchased miners from the other competitors just to see how they had built their machines so that they would be able to say exactly why theirs are better than the others. 

When I asked HF about their chips and boards and also the issue about power spikes that may kill the entire board as it just has 2 pcie connectors directly plugged in and brought up KnC and how their controller was very sensitive to power spikes the answer I received was "well, I don't know anything about the KnC miners but I promise you [said in emphasis] WE OVERBUILT THIS PRODUCT [at the same time pointing and even enthusiastically tapping on the plexiglass as if it somehow it made the chip better...!?] THERE IS 15 POUNDS OF COPPER ON THIS BOARD and there is PLENTY OF ROOM TO OVERCLOCK AND IT WOULD NOT FAIL" because they used Seasonic power supplies, which is the OEM builder of the Corsair PSUs that I had connected to the KnC that died and it was the Platinum rated PSUs as well.  When I said that he was saying that it was most likely that I may have used a PSU that was not superior to theirs but when I said that Seasonic BUILDS the Corsair PSUs he did not even know that was the case.... and the water leak was still not even wiped off, the worse part was that the case had thumb screws so they didn't even need a screwdriver to open the case, why didn't they just wipe the water off in the first place?

I just hope that their real engineers really did make a good product.
jspielberg

Activity: 490
Merit: 255

View Profile
December 13, 2013, 12:27:22 PM

I hope they don't deliver before the 31 of december.
I will ask for a refund like many others.
I hope they keep their words, they will allow whoever wants to refund to get their refunds.

Full BTC refunds or USD refunds? There has been some contention over the issue. I wasn't sure if they actually answered if they're going to do a full btc refund or not.

If they are offering full btc refund for btc purchasers, then you would be an idiot to not jump on it... I did with my Avalon b3 pre-order when full btc refunds were offered (no regrets there).

If they are only offering USD equivalent, you would be an idiot to ask for one, as the hardware will mine more than the dime on the dollar you would receive from the exchange rate. 

All that being said, they are on track to meeting the end of year deadline... So none of this may matter, but if I had to guess, based in the initial sales strategy, they are planning on refunding BTC but in USD at the new exchange rate.  So... Btwn 6 and 7 btc...
jspielberg

Activity: 490
Merit: 255

View Profile
December 13, 2013, 12:49:47 PM

I think that is the same for all of us.  This wasn't designed to be a charity, but a business decision with the potential for profit.  If we wanted to spend 50BTC to get back 7BTC. We could have just played satoshi dice. 

I don't care if the exchange rate is $1 or $10M... I ordered the thing to make more Bitcoin than I put in.  Anything less is going to be disappointing.
jelin1984
Legendary

View Profile
December 13, 2013, 12:55:37 PM

you spend 50 btc for hashfast batch 1?Huh
Pages: « 1 ... 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 [202] 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 ... 586 »
  Print  

Jump to: