Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 04:34:04 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 [220] 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 ... 586 »
  Print  
Author Topic: HashFast announces specs for new ASIC: 400GH/s  (Read 880232 times)
cedivad
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 17, 2013, 10:45:06 PM

Hmm, well, for the record BFL got away with it, HF will likely too. It takes a rare kind of breed to actually do something. HF just have to wait it out, meanwhile their "creative pickaxing" (to borrow a phrase from Death&Taxes) will have paid off.
No one really sued BFL, and our HF case is much stronger than BFL. We have proofs that they lied to us to sell an overpriced product. There is not even a lot to discuss about, what they did was illegal.

My anger against what is wrong in the Bitcoin community is productive:
Bitcointa.lk - Replace "Bitcointalk.org" with "Bitcointa.lk" in this url to see how this page looks like on a proper forum (Announcement Thread)
Hashfast.org - Wiki for screwed customers

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
arorts

Activity: 408
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 17, 2013, 10:45:32 PM

It is time HF reached out to customers to confirm shipping dates and addresses.

I provided a work based shipping address but during the holidays it will be closed. If this is the case I will need to change the address to my home address. i.e. I need to know *when* my unit ships to determine where to receive it.

Also whatever happened to the managed hosting plans? HF will not be able to deliver all 550 units globally before the end of the year (Most postal services are overloaded around Xmas) and merely providing tracking numbers is *not* a substitute for delivery.

HF get your act together.

Here is one way they can save their skins - give EVERY batch 1 customer free 6 month hosting! Tadaaaa...no worries about shipping delays and hence no breaking of the ToS.

Keep dreaming. They can't force hosting on customers. I would NEVER trust hosting of any of my miners.  I prefer full control of absolute anything I purchased in HAND. Not F*ing hosting. I need to customize cooling, pools, miners, API, PSU, **ALL** as I always do. We purchased a physical product , not a stupid unit far in the cloud. We are the product owners. Not them.
ninjarobot

Activity: 761
Merit: 500

Mine Silent, Mine Deep

View Profile
December 17, 2013, 10:53:37 PM

Keep dreaming. They can't force hosting on customers. I would NEVER trust hosting of any of my miners.  I prefer full control of absolute anything I purchased in HAND. Not F*ing hosting. I need to customize cooling, pools, miners, API, PSU, **ALL** as I always do. We purchased a physical product , not a stupid unit far in the cloud. We are the product owners. Not them.

Why is having the device that important? If you can check and confirm the hashrate of your hosted miner directly with your pool (e.g. btcguild) then what is the problem? I'd love free hosting if that means I can deploy my miner faster, don't have to deal with heat, noise, electricity costs, uptime maintenance or my house burning down. Just because someone hosts it does not mean you don't own it.

Of course if they would use hosting merely as a way to get around their hard delivery deadline, that would be sneaky.

padrino
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1000

https://www.bitworks.io

View Profile WWW
December 17, 2013, 10:56:56 PM

Hmm, well, for the record BFL got away with it, HF will likely too. It takes a rare kind of breed to actually do something. HF just have to wait it out, meanwhile their "creative pickaxing" (to borrow a phrase from Death&Taxes) will have paid off.
No one really sued BFL, and our HF case is much stronger than BFL. We have proofs that they lied to us to sold an overpriced product. There is not even a lot to discuss about, what they did was illegal.

It's definitely an uphill battle, some general commentary follows..

I have read a number of folks saying it's too complicated to fight in court because of the technology but that is not true.. It's a very straightforward question of deceptive business practices, when it comes down to it item A was to be delivered at time T by the company.  No matter the technology in question those same basic constructs that apply in consumer protection cases dealing with pre-orders but the recourse isn't one most will be happy with..

With all of that said generally speaking the only recourse is a refund, trying to get more back than that for a product that wasn't delivered is not generally feasible.. You can try and argue unrealized earnings but that will get you no where, playing the game of what ifs isn't something I would see the court entertaining..

1CPi7VRihoF396gyYYcs2AdTEF8KQG2BCR
https://www.bitworks.io
cedivad
Legendary

View Profile
December 17, 2013, 10:59:44 PM

Guys, i will tell you the reason why this is not gonna happen. john had 2 months to conclude a deal with a datacenter for that, and the best price he could came up with is one order of magnitude more of what i will pay for my hosting (the ratio, i mean, $/GH montly).

So no, they are simply gonna ship whatever possible, and if some customers won't receive it by the end of the year, those few will be able to ask for a refund. They have still plenty of time imho to ship. I hope not, but unfortunately... Customs... Customs are never overloaded if you pay enough.

@padrino (nice nickname); most laywers that i talked with are interested in getting me back the same amount of BTC i paid (and some wants a share of that). So given their business practices, etc, i think that there is a wide range of interpretation for what i deserve to have back.
I always asked for a refund, even before this price spike, and it was illegitimately denied. They promised BTC refunds, and the list goes on.

Bitcointa.lk - Replace "Bitcointalk.org" with "Bitcointa.lk" in this url to see how this page looks like on a proper forum (Announcement Thread)
Witness

Activity: 68
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 17, 2013, 11:06:15 PM

I'm abroad as well, and i don't see a problem with that. (eu).
+10 good news to me  Grin I'm sorry to say but hashfast customers sound alot more switched on. And this lawsuit is going ahead. Whether it's today or a year from now the record is there.

It's better you don't comment. You don't sound like you ordered. I wouldn't believe it even if you told me. Sorry iv never seen anyone pay premium dollar and expect shot product, and just say ahh well bad investment. This not an investment get that clear.

_HashFast Technologies_28 nm mining
Producer of High Performance ASICS  (IT'S A SCAM)
BabyJets & Sierras On Sale today!
RoadStress
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1007

View Profile
December 17, 2013, 11:33:57 PM

No one really sued BFL, and our HF case is much stronger than BFL. We have proofs that they lied to us to sell an overpriced product. There is not even a lot to discuss about, what they did was illegal.

I was about to ask about BFL but didn't want to hijack the thread. This is amazing for me. After all the drama not one single person sued them? I just can't believe this. Maybe HF already knew this and they just took the same route.

matthewh3
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1003

View Profile WWW
December 17, 2013, 11:39:06 PM

I was about to ask about BFL but didn't want to hijack the thread. This is amazing for me. After all the drama not one single person sued them? I just can't believe this. Maybe HF already knew this and they just took the same route.

Maybe everyone who got serious about suing BFL got paid off on the condition of no public comment?

ninjarobot

Mine Silent, Mine Deep

View Profile
December 17, 2013, 11:40:48 PM

That is certainly the impression I got after talking with John at the HF office back in October
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=262052.msg3633785#msg3633785

HF: good hardware team, sleazy sales & marketing team.
fubly

Activity: 561
Merit: 521

Trustless IceColdWallet

View Profile WWW
December 17, 2013, 11:44:41 PM

"They’ve started assembling Baby Jets (overnight tonight). They aim by night’s end to have the first round of assembly done for 400 Baby Jets."

very impressive to be able to build almost all the baby jet orders in just one night... yea!  looking good for xmas...

-- Jez

Did either of you two actually read HF's blog?  Amy brought 3 modules with her to Ciara.  At Ciara "They took the Baby Jets’ chassis’ out of their boxes and opened them up. Removed their drive bays and other unneeded components. Unboxed the Seasonic power supplies, attached and labeled their cables, and installed the supplies in the Baby Jets. Inserted the cooling unit and radiator. Added an additional chassis fan on the back of the box. Then screwed the chassis back together, put it back in its styrofoam packing material, and stacked each on pallets."

Nowhere does it state that Ciara has the modules, nor that they were installed.

It does say that 400 BJs were assembled and packaged. I don't they would be packaged without chips. I'm hoping this means shipping will begin in a few days. 

Why 400 we have 570 BJ in Batch one.

Mine is:
1491    8/29/2013    18:02:00    1    523

each time you send a transaction don't forget to use a new address, each time you receive one also!
RoadStress
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1007

View Profile
December 17, 2013, 11:47:05 PM

That is certainly the impression I got after talking with John at the HF office back in October
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=262052.msg3633785#msg3633785

HF: good hardware team, sleazy sales & marketing team.

What's funny is that they even look-a-like. InaTard and John(if john is the bluetooth guy)

ninjarobot

Mine Silent, Mine Deep

View Profile
December 17, 2013, 11:49:19 PM

Why 400 we have 570 BJ in Batch one.

Mine is:
1491    8/29/2013    18:02:00    1    523

Consider yourself lucky. You might be able to get a full refund in January.

What's funny is that they even look-a-like. InaTard and John(if john is the bluetooth guy)

The guy with the bluetooth headset is Eduardo.
cedivad
Legendary

View Profile
December 17, 2013, 11:54:19 PM
Last edit: December 18, 2013, 12:07:59 AM by cedivad

@ninjarobot, if only you had brought a microphone with you that day... (btc refunds)...

>Why 400 we have 570 BJ in Batch one.
270 where converted to Sierra cases? (the 200 BJ order, mine's, and someone else's?)

minternj

Activity: 434

View Profile
December 18, 2013, 12:11:28 AM

If you guys are looking for a california lawyer, this one takes bitcoin.
http://nulegal.com/

Warning about Nitrogensports.eu
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=709114.0
tacotime
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1005

View Profile
December 18, 2013, 12:19:30 AM

They'll file your litigation with a local court in two weeks!

Code:
XMR: 44GBHzv6ZyQdJkjqZje6KLZ3xSyN1hBSFAnLP6EAqJtCRVzMzZmeXTC2AHKDS9aEDTRKmo6a6o9r9j86pYfhCWDkKjbtcns
Gyrsur
Legendary

Activity: 2856
Merit: 1518

Bitcoin Legal Tender Countries: 2 of 206

View Profile WWW
December 18, 2013, 12:35:33 AM

They'll file your litigation with a local court in two weeks!
two weeks? sounds familiar!  Grin

itod
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1075

^ Will code for Bitcoins

View Profile
December 18, 2013, 12:48:08 AM

Somebody has to explain to us non-USA guys how your legal system works. What does "class action" mean? What's the difference (if there are any) between consumer protection, single-user court case, group court case? Is there a possibility to organize a larger group so the legal fees to be lower, so we can get a) better lawyers for the same money, b) bigger percentage back. Is there a real possibility that some California forum member organizes access to solid law firm which is willing to work on percentage and collect a signups for larger group to fill single big law suit?
stan258

Activity: 440

View Profile
December 18, 2013, 01:01:39 AM

From Wikipedia

Group of people sues another group of people, or a group of people sues a person. It's pleonastic to refer to a class action as a "class action suit". Collective lawsuits originated in the United States and are still predominantly a U.S. phenomenon. But, in several European countries with civil law, as opposed to Anglo-American common law, changes have been made in recent years to allow consumer organizations to bring claims on behalf of consumers.

It allows many small voices that separately would never have the resources to go through litigation with a larger entity. In the US legal system civil action may take a year or more.  We would pool our individual resources and together attempt to right a wrong and get a settlement that would be divided between all who filed in the law suit.   
allinvain
Legendary

Activity: 3080
Merit: 1080

View Profile WWW
December 18, 2013, 01:14:35 AM

I'm abroad as well, and i don't see a problem with that. (eu).
+10 good news to me  Grin I'm sorry to say but hashfast customers sound alot more switched on. And this lawsuit is going ahead. Whether it's today or a year from now the record is there.

It's better you don't comment. You don't sound like you ordered. I wouldn't believe it even if you told me. Sorry iv never seen anyone pay premium dollar and expect shot product, and just say ahh well bad investment. This not an investment get that clear.

On the contrary, I did indeed order, but I don't care if you believe me or not! And who are you to tell me whether it's better that I do or do not comment?

HashFast_CL

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

HashFast Community Liaison

View Profile WWW
December 18, 2013, 01:48:25 AM

"They’ve started assembling Baby Jets (overnight tonight). They aim by night’s end to have the first round of assembly done for 400 Baby Jets."

very impressive to be able to build almost all the baby jet orders in just one night... yea!  looking good for xmas...

-- Jez

It does say that 400 BJs were assembled and packaged. I don't they would be packaged without chips. I'm hoping this means shipping will begin in a few days. 

John S. (VP Sales) just told me Baby Jets should start shipping out on Saturday!

If anyone can get our hardware through the holiday rush and your local customs office quickly, it's CIARA.

"Bitcoin enables ordinary people to fight back, to avoid and evade snooping governments, which enact, use and abuse laws that allow them, without due process, to investigate, tax, control and seize privately owned assets."  -   Leon Louw

“We can say without equivocation that firms like MasterCard, Visa and the TBTF banks like JPMorgan and Goldman hate the idea of ever having to compete for business again. They have grown comfortable in their corrupt world of writing laws for themselves without any regulatory oversight. They enjoy the exorbitant privilege of bilking the American economy with extortionary transaction rates. They are scared of Bitcoin. And they should be. It offers transparency, cost efficiency and anonymity.” - Max Kaiser
Pages: « 1 ... 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 [220] 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 ... 586 »
  Print  

Jump to: