Bitcoin Forum
March 19, 2024, 02:15:42 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 [333] 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 ... 586 »
  Print  
Author Topic: HashFast announces specs for new ASIC: 400GH/s  (Read 880223 times)
jjiimm_64
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 09, 2014, 05:44:07 AM

Can somebody make a new thread?  This sounds juicy but I can't follow what is going on.  I'm also incredibly tired right now so I apologize if it should be staring me right in the face.  So an employee named Erin is trying to keep her last name a secret?  For what purpose?

If you worked for HashFast, would you want to keep your identity private?

Is it confirmed this whole thing was a scam?  I thought product shipped to luke jr or something?  I remember pics of shit in and out of the box ready to go...

I do not think it is a straight up scam.. just fraudulent marketing and business practices getting us to order something that was impossible to deliver by oct30.. then switching to a USD refund when clearly they told us it would be a btc refund...

what a fukin train wreck

1jimbitm6hAKTjKX4qurCNQubbnk2YsFw

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
gmaxwell
Legendary

Activity: 4158
Merit: 8343

View Profile WWW
January 09, 2014, 05:45:51 AM

So it appears the certified letter I sent to
HashFast Technologies LLC (“HashFast”)
100 Bush Street, Suite 650
San Francisco, California 94104, United States
Has failed:
Quote from: USPS
Your item was undeliverable as addressed at 11:49 am on January 8, 2014 in SAN FRANCISCO, CA 94104. It is being returned if appropriate information is available.
The San Jose one is still in route, but I had lower expectations of that one being successful.

Time for a process server I guess.
GalaxyASIC

Activity: 130
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 09, 2014, 06:45:48 AM

Has failed:
Your item was undeliverable as addressed at 11:49 am on January 8, 2014 in SAN FRANCISCO, CA 94104. It is being returned if appropriate information is available.
The San Jose one is still in route, but I had lower expectations of that one being successful.

My FedEx was delivered
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=262052.msg4401600#msg4401600
Delivery date: Jan 8, 2014 13:13

HashFast REFUND ! I am a HashFast's Batch 1 customer and I want full 100% BTC refund.
RickJamesBTC

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 09, 2014, 06:52:17 AM

Well, if someone isn't at the rented cubicle they will never be able to sign for packages.
Witness

Activity: 68
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 09, 2014, 07:45:43 AM

Hashfast
But have no fear — we will be right back in early January.
So where are you?

_HashFast Technologies_28 nm mining
Producer of High Performance ASICS  (IT'S A SCAM)
BabyJets & Sierras On Sale today!
cedivad
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 09, 2014, 08:15:31 AM
Last edit: January 09, 2014, 08:31:22 AM by cedivad

Find meìa connection between BFL and HashFast (however indirect).

Josh and john hanging out like old friend @ BTC conference Amsterdam, and Josh defending HF while accusing KNC that will certainly be late and not ship until months.

My anger against what is wrong in the Bitcoin community is productive:
Bitcointa.lk - Replace "Bitcointalk.org" with "Bitcointa.lk" in this url to see how this page looks like on a proper forum (Announcement Thread)
Hashfast.org - Wiki for screwed customers
Minor

Activity: 85
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 09, 2014, 08:38:41 AM

If you paid in dollars and they claimed that they don't owe you a dollar refund because they quickly bought a few bushels of coffee beans with your payment, and you're therefore only entitled to refund in coffee beans, would that make sense?

I don't see what grounds they'd have to claim that BitPay processing or no-BitPay is relevant.

Coffee grounds?
Puppet
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1040

View Profile
January 09, 2014, 08:57:19 AM

That shouldn't even matter. They provided me a bitcoin address, and I paid with bitcoin. I don't care if their payment processor converted it to dollars or not; not my concern. Once the bitcoin leaves my wallet and hits the address that their website or rep provided, that's that. Everything else is an irrelevant internal detail.

If you paid in dollars and they claimed that they don't owe you a dollar refund because they quickly bought a few bushels of coffee beans with your payment, and you're therefore only entitled to refund in coffee beans, would that make sense?

Until a judge rules on this, we can only speculate. I do see both sides of the argument,  but frankly, I do think HF have a case here. AFAIK, their products were priced in dollar, not bitcoins. Bitcoins were used to fulfill the dollar amount but the number of bitcoins needed to fulfill that amount would have changed daily. Did you think that was unfair too? Its clear to me this wasnt a barter trade.

Another way to look at it; if you had paid with a bank cheque; would you expect or demand to get that very same paper cheque back? Or just the equivalent dollar amount since that cheque was just a way to supply HF with the dollars it demanded for their product? Maybe that bank cheque was signed by a bank director that became a presidential candidate or whatever, and has become worth much more in the mean time, but thats not HF's problem, or is it?

Coin_Master

Activity: 148

View Profile
January 09, 2014, 10:18:45 AM

That shouldn't even matter. They provided me a bitcoin address, and I paid with bitcoin. I don't care if their payment processor converted it to dollars or not; not my concern. Once the bitcoin leaves my wallet and hits the address that their website or rep provided, that's that. Everything else is an irrelevant internal detail.

Until a judge rules on this, we can only speculate. I do see both sides of the argument,  but frankly, I do think HF have a case here. AFAIK, their products were priced in dollar, not bitcoins. Bitcoins were used to fulfill the dollar amount but the number of bitcoins needed to fulfill that amount would have changed daily. Did you think that was unfair too? Its clear to me this wasnt a barter trade.

Another way to look at it; if you had paid with a bank cheque; would you expect or demand to get that very same paper cheque back? Or just the equivalent dollar amount since that cheque was just a way to supply HF with the dollars it demanded for their product? Maybe that bank cheque was signed by a bank director that became a presidential candidate or whatever, and has become worth much more in the mean time, but thats not HF's problem, or is it?

The details of what happened are not in question here.  The issue at hand is HashFast agreeing to refund cancelled orders with BTC, and then refusing to honor that agreement.  Simon Barber (Founder of HashFast) was asked by cycloid on the 10th of August 2013 if refunds would be in BTC.

He clearly asked in this post https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=270384.msg2903196#msg2903196
"Now since the only payment option is in BTC Will I get the same ammount of BTC back should you fail to deliver by December 31st?"
"Or are you going to pull BFL and give refunds at exchange equivalent to USD/BTC indexed to the current fiat price per unit?"

Simon Barber's (HashFast's) official response was https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=270384.msg2903338#msg2903338
"Orders are taken in BTC, in the unlikely event we get to refunds they will be given in BTC."

Perhaps you do not 'see both sides of the argument'.  Both parties entered into an agreement, that agreement was conditional on the refund being in BTC.  It is starting to look more like a clear case of fraud.
Puppet
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1040

View Profile
January 09, 2014, 10:33:41 AM

The details of what happened are not in question here.  The issue at hand is HashFast agreeing to refund cancelled orders with BTC, and then refusing to honor that agreement.  Simon Barber (Founder of HashFast) was asked by cycloid on the 10th of August 2013 if refunds would be in BTC.

He clearly asked in this post https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=270384.msg2903196#msg2903196
"Now since the only payment option is in BTC Will I get the same ammount of BTC back should you fail to deliver by December 31st?"
"Or are you going to pull BFL and give refunds at exchange equivalent to USD/BTC indexed to the current fiat price per unit?"

Simon Barber's (HashFast's) official response was https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=270384.msg2903338#msg2903338
"Orders are taken in BTC, in the unlikely event we get to refunds they will be given in BTC."

Ok, I was not aware of the context of that statement. The statement itself can still be interpreted in several ways, to continue my analogy, HF could agree to send you another paper cheque so are not forced to get a refund through ACH, paypal or even bitcoin for that matter, but refund using the same manner you paid; however given the question he was answering to, thats difficult to argue now.

allinvain
Legendary

Activity: 3080
Merit: 1080

View Profile WWW
January 09, 2014, 10:37:35 AM

Has failed:

Son of a bitch, and I just mailed them another refund request form (and supporting documents) to that address just yesterday. Previous to that I sent it to their San Francisco address (address on my original invoice) but like you I don't have much hope of that one actually making it into their hands.

de_ixie

Activity: 206

View Profile
January 09, 2014, 10:47:52 AM

Ok, I was not aware of the context of that statement. The statement itself can still be interpreted in several ways, to continue my analogy, HF could agree to send you another paper cheque so are not forced to get a refund through ACH, paypal or even bitcoin for that matter, but refund using the same manner you paid; however given the question he was answering to, thats difficult to argue now.

Beside all things that went wrong... Hashfast clearly messed it up no doubt - my guess is it will come down to the question:
Refund of "value in" BC or refund of "exact number of" BC.

Compared to regular cross-currency business I fear interpretation will tend to "value in" BC.

To compare: An example of processing the payment in EUR:
-> In case you paid 10.000$ for a Hashfast machine in August 2013 in EUR you needed ~7.569,- EUR
-> A refund in January 2014 would net the buyer only ~7.366,- (you took -203 EUR loss due to currency risk)

Nevermind - outcome will be interesting - Good luck to everybody

European Bitcoin Exchange - Bitcoin handeln im deutschen Rechtsraum. Fair und reibungslos:
www.bitcoin.de (Aff. Link - Thank you!)
PuertoLibre
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1003

View Profile
January 09, 2014, 11:24:35 AM

Has failed:

Son of a bitch, and I just mailed them another refund request form (and supporting documents) to that address just yesterday. Previous to that I sent it to their San Francisco address (address on my original invoice) but like you I don't have much hope of that one actually making it into their hands.

Time to scan it into the PC and send it via email.
cedivad
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 09, 2014, 11:30:48 AM
Last edit: January 09, 2014, 01:05:13 PM by cedivad

Ok, I was not aware of the context of that statement. The statement itself can still be interpreted in several ways [...]

http://hashfast.org/Simon_E._M._Barber

Given those points, it's evident that if Simon didn't actually promised full Bitcoin refunds with his answer (since that this is open to interpretation), he at least tried to pursue his customers into believing that if such refunds where to be issued, they would have been of the same Bitcoin amount.

My anger against what is wrong in the Bitcoin community is productive:
Bitcointa.lk - Replace "Bitcointalk.org" with "Bitcointa.lk" in this url to see how this page looks like on a proper forum (Announcement Thread)
Hashfast.org - Wiki for screwed customers
allinvain
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 09, 2014, 11:41:32 AM

Has failed:

Time to scan it into the PC and send it via email.

I did that too. I just want them to have a physical copy as well as is required by the terms of service agreement.

Coin_Master

Activity: 148

View Profile
January 09, 2014, 12:26:30 PM

Beside all things that went wrong... Hashfast clearly messed it up no doubt - my guess is it will come down to the question:
Refund of "value in" BC or refund of "exact number of" BC.
HashFast are refusing to refund in BTC, we are not even at the stage of determining what amounts of BTC will be refunded.  HashFast have indicated in an email sent to customers that the refunds must be in USD.  It is important to remain focused on the facts.  HashFast agreed to refund in BTC, and now are refusing to refund in BTC.
aneutronic

Activity: 175

View Profile
January 09, 2014, 02:04:35 PM

Anyone else want to chip in with me for a lawyer? I'm tired of being pushed around by these ASIC companies. Maybe we could all throw a little BTC to an address and all be represented by the same lawyer for the sake of convenience.

I only ordered one unit, but it's the principal of the matter. Simon said he would refund in full BTC amounts and he must honor his word. This is the first situation that I feel we actually have a case for full BTC refunds. That quote from Simon where he confirmed what Cypherdoc had said (all orders made in BTC will be refunded the full BTC amount) is the smoking gun IMO.

PS: I see people are sending in letters/faxes/etc. requesting full BTC refunds. What is the proper procedure/wording of such a document? Should I send something like this in as well?

Lets get rid of the juvenile image posting please.

Hi all.

* Anybody not in Batch 1, don't read this.
 * Anybody in Batch 1 who believes that HashFast is going to do the right thing voluntary, without a gentle nudge from us, don't read this.
 * Anybody in Batch 1 who believes that the right way to deal with HashFast is to open more communication channels with them, don't read this.

For the rest of you:

I have found a lawyer who is willing to take our case, and help us get our BTC back, if we can cooperate.)

The name is Ray E. Gallo.

Please make up your minds about him; I think he is great. (85% winning percentage, and specialized in class and mass actions alleging large scale fraud.)

Some data:

http://gallo-law.com/attorneys/gallo.html
http://www.avvo.com/attorneys/94901-ca-ray-gallo-291467.html
http://www.avvo.com/attorneys/94901-ca-ray-gallo-291467/reviews.html    <= reviews
http://www.linkedin.com/in/raygallo

(Now I let you experienced Google detectives jump on him.)

After exchanging around 100 mails with me, and analyzing all the documents and evidence with his team, he thinks we can probably win this case for Batch 1 customers who have paid in BTC. (But of course there is no guarantee.)

As you all know, class action is forbidden by the (ever-changing) Terms of Service, but (by the nature of thing) "mass action" is not, and can not be.
So we can proceed in a “mass” basis: the same attorney working with multiple clients simultaneously.

This is like a class case in that it will give us some leverage by aggregating claims so that we can do more work on the matter.
It’s different in that they can make us try (arbitrate) every case.
(Which means that individual cases might end with success or failure independently of each other, but we can optionally pool the results, if we want to reach a fair distribution at the end.)

Since the legal costs are (usually) pretty high, this might well be the only way to go for small customers like me, who have only bought 1 or 2 units.
(It would not make any economic sense to hire a such a strong lawyer on my own, but together, we might be able to make it.)

Ray Gallo is ready to take the case on a contingent basis, so we don't have to pay up-front; his fee comes down from the money recovered from HashFast, if we win.

The key to make this work is to collect enough participants.
He said that he is willing to take the case if there are at least around 30 Baby Jet worth of customers.

Now the question is, how many of you would you willing to participate in such an arrangement? I have 1 BJ.

DISCLAIMER: I know others are also talking to other lawyers, too. I'm not saying that everybody should stop what they are doing and stop proceeding along those lines; I
am just saying that this looks like a very good opportunity to me.

Anybody who is interested, please contact him directly via his own page, which I have linked above.

The deadline is this Friday. We have to collect enough customers by then.

Best wishes:

fenwick

I can confirm this is legit. Any one wishing to get involved can contact me, fenwick, or the law firm directly.

Wink
fubly

Activity: 561
Merit: 517

Trustless IceColdWallet

View Profile WWW
January 09, 2014, 02:16:08 PM

each time you send a transaction don't forget to use a new address, each time you receive one also!
allinvain
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 09, 2014, 02:17:46 PM

REFUNDS@hashfast.com

dbbit

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 09, 2014, 02:18:30 PM

If you want prove of receipt of your Refund request, do the following:

If you haven't done so yet, send the refund request to: 'refunds@hashfast.com'
-> You won't get any response.

Using the same email account, send any general question (or the same refund request) to: 'sales@hashfast.com'
-> They will send you an automatic response back from there with a link to the 'case' on fogbugz.com.

Click on that link, and scroll to the bottom. You should see a list of all your 'cases', including your refund request made to 'refunds@hashfast.com'. This proves they received it.  Print out as much as you can and keep.
Pages: « 1 ... 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 [333] 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 ... 586 »
  Print  

Jump to: