Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 09:25:24 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 ... 586 »
  Print  
Author Topic: HashFast announces specs for new ASIC: 400GH/s  (Read 880232 times)
yottahash

Activity: 41
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 09, 2013, 01:44:23 PM

getting the same error here from their website

Availability has been stuck at "455 in stock" for the past 6 hours or so.

So 95 Baby Jets sold before their WooCommerce cart / CloudFlare died. They may be making nice hardware, but I think HashFast needs a proper web designer and hosting solution...

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
cypherdoc
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1002

View Profile
August 09, 2013, 01:59:21 PM

yes, then don't order.

in fact, you can blame me for advising them not to take cc's.  like i said in my thread, i had orders of 3 Jupiter's in at KNC, and 8 H boards with BitFury.  i never intended to order that many as a whole simply b/c i was playing the Ms. Fickle game of hedging my bets across multiple companies fully intending to cancel all but one order with whom i deemed the winner in my orderbook in the end.  so i artificially inflated the internal expectations at both these companies about what the demand was going to be going forward.

i consider myself a pretty rational actor and i knew if i was doing this that there were a great many of you doing the same thing.  thus, i told HashFast not to take cc's or paypal.  yes, it may decrease orders at the beginning but it will eliminate their internal volatility going into production.  they will be able to plan their expenses much more precisely. HashFast doesn't want fickle customers jumping in and out of the order queue causing all sorts of headache and hassle.  they want committed customers who really understand what they're doing and are willing to wait until the end of December at the latest before they request a refund.  

i really think one of those companies taking cc or paypal could undergo a walletectomy by having a darkhorse company like HashFast come out with a superior chip product.  yes, it may be just vaporware right now but tapeout is going to occur within a matter of days which is a significant milestone and they have additional plans in the works.

That's fraud you've just publicly admitted to, I hope you realise that. I've been telling people to use card so they are protected, not manipulate the financial standing of companies and their anticipated cash flow to hedge bets.

are you really that much of an idiot?

let's look at what you just accused me of.  do you really think i was trying to manipulate upwards the financial standing of KNC by making one 3 Jupiter order of $21000 in the midst of the hundreds of orders they have on the books amounting to in the $millions of USD's?  only to then turn on them and "yank" that $21000 out from underneath them and topple their entire enterprise?   

do you really think i was trying to manipulate upwards the financial standing of Megabig by making one 8 H board order of $40000 in the midst of the hundreds of orders they have on the books amounting to in the $millions of USD's?  only to then turn on them and "yank" that $40000 out from underneath them and topple their entire enterprise?   

we should all laugh at such childish accusations coming from the KNC hooter. 
WastedLTC

Activity: 776
Merit: 536

View Profile
August 09, 2013, 02:03:57 PM

We are not talking about a high volume here,  if you can't make a website that can handle a few hundred users-- just give up.   The price should be around $3k.  At the current price, BTC only, and bad exchange rate why would u buy one?   KNC has done a much better job and when they released pricing it blew away the competition.  It was unheard of...    this should have been the same thing since we now all know where the difficulty will be.

I was interested and when I got the email that orders have begun I jumped up to check it out.   Completely disappointing.  Good luck with your business.

cypherdoc
Legendary

View Profile
August 09, 2013, 02:06:01 PM

yes, then don't order.

in fact, you can blame me for advising them not to take cc's.  like i said in my thread, i had orders of 3 Jupiter's in at KNC, and 8 H boards with BitFury.  i never intended to order that many as a whole simply b/c i was playing the Ms. Fickle game of hedging my bets across multiple companies fully intending to cancel all but one order with whom i deemed the winner in my orderbook in the end.  so i artificially inflated the internal expectations at both these companies about what the demand was going to be going forward.

i consider myself a pretty rational actor and i knew if i was doing this that there were a great many of you doing the same thing.  thus, i told HashFast not to take cc's or paypal.  yes, it may decrease orders at the beginning but it will eliminate their internal volatility going into production.  they will be able to plan their expenses much more precisely. HashFast doesn't want fickle customers jumping in and out of the order queue causing all sorts of headache and hassle.  they want committed customers who really understand what they're doing and are willing to wait until the end of December at the latest before they request a refund.  

i really think one of those companies taking cc or paypal could undergo a walletectomy by having a darkhorse company like HashFast come out with a superior chip product.  yes, it may be just vaporware right now but tapeout is going to occur within a matter of days which is a significant milestone and they have additional plans in the works.

That's fraud you've just publicly admitted to, I hope you realise that. I've been telling people to use card so they are protected, not manipulate the financial standing of companies and their anticipated cash flow to hedge bets.

I agree, this is pretty messed up. Maybe HashFast reacted too quickly in choosing their "Endorser".

you'd better think a little more carefully about what i said.  you're confusing "result" with "intent". 

i was just doing what everyone else around here IS doing and that is placing multiple orders across all players as early as possible to reserve a place in their order queue.  someone above called using cc's a "put option".  that's not a bad description.  what we're all doing is trying to figure out who is going to come out the winner of this asic race.  we all want a foot in each door, just in case.  and there is no doubt in my mind that somewhere along here, the "result" is going to be that some company is going to run into a cash crunch from a rush to chargebacks.
Bitcoinorama

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 09, 2013, 02:06:27 PM

yes, then don't order.

let's look at what you just accused me of.  do you really think i was trying to manipulate upwards the financial standing of KNC by making one 3 Jupiter order of $21000 in the midst of the hundreds of orders they have on the books amounting to in the $millions of USD's?  only to then turn on them and "yank" that $21000 out from underneath them and topple their entire enterprise?  

do you really think i was trying to manipulate upwards the financial standing of Megabig by making one 8 H board order of $40000 in the midst of the hundreds of orders they have on the books amounting to in the $millions of USD's?  only to then turn on them and "yank" that $40000 out from underneath them and topple their entire enterprise?  

I'm sorry, I'm not here for an argument and i'm nobody's fool. I've got nothing against Hashfast, pro-KnC or not, as a miner I want competition so we can pay affordable prices without being scammed or having a few controlling the market.

But let's call it for what it is. You are laying bets on pre-orders in which companies rely on securing funds to cover NRE, that's non-refundable engineering costs with no intention of committing to 2/3 of those proposed orders, therefore two of those three orders were pre-meditated fraudulent purchases.

It's there in black and white, your own words, you have no integrity.

Make my day! Say thanks if you found me helpful Smiley BTC Address --->
1487ThaKjezGA6SiE8fvGcxbgJJu6XWtZp
flowdab

Activity: 215
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 09, 2013, 02:19:32 PM

Has Hashfast told us what stage they are in design/production? I find it very difficult to believe that they can go from 0 to full miner by October 20th - 30th.
cypherdoc
Legendary

View Profile
August 09, 2013, 02:25:37 PM

yes, then don't order.

let's look at what you just accused me of.  do you really think i was trying to manipulate upwards the financial standing of KNC by making one 3 Jupiter order of $21000 in the midst of the hundreds of orders they have on the books amounting to in the $millions of USD's?  only to then turn on them and "yank" that $21000 out from underneath them and topple their entire enterprise?  

do you really think i was trying to manipulate upwards the financial standing of Megabig by making one 8 H board order of $40000 in the midst of the hundreds of orders they have on the books amounting to in the $millions of USD's?  only to then turn on them and "yank" that $40000 out from underneath them and topple their entire enterprise?  

I'm sorry, I'm not here for an argument and i'm nobody's fool, I've got nothing against Hashfast, pro-KnC or not, as a miner I want competition so we can pay affordable prices without being scammed or having a few controlling the market.

But let's call it for what it is. You are laying bets on pre-orders in which companies rely on securing funds to cover NRE, that's non-refundable engineering costs with no intention of committing to 2/3 of those proposed orders, therefor two of those three orders were pre-meditated fraudulent purchases.

as this market has evolved over the last couple of months my first order was for KNC as they looked like a good company.  in fact, i've read all your analyses and your open day thread.  you've provided alot of good, sincere information and i based my order off of that.  i was truly excited about the first 28nm company to evolve.

then time rolled by and BitFury's for October become available and it started to become clear they had a viable competitively priced product.  so yes, i then placed an order with them.  just like everyone else's conventional wisdom around here dictated.  yes, i knew i'd have to cancel one of them down the line as i'm not THAT much into mining.

then HashFast came along.  i like what i read. i decided to cancel my Jupiter orders the day before i go visit them.  they're close by which would be really convenient in picking up my orders.  i see they're legit when i'm there.  i decide to lay down a check for BabyJets right then.  i go home.  they realize who i am.  a rep from the company wants to sell me chips.  then they figure i might sell some rigs for them.  we're back and forth for a week and a half trying to figure out how i might help them.  they realize i understand this marketplace and mining and would like guidance.  we only come to this sponsorship/endorsement agreement 2 days ago.  yes, i then cancel my BitFury order to, in my mind, align myself fully with the company and product i truly believe in.

to say i have no integrity b/c i used the refund policies of KNC and Megabig, as they have publicly promised and as they were intended, is childish on your part.  

in fact, don't you find it hypocritical that the reason you're recommending for ppl here on the forum to use cc's is so that they can do exactly what i just did?
cypherdoc
Legendary

View Profile
August 09, 2013, 02:31:24 PM

You are laying bets on pre-orders in which companies rely on securing funds to cover NRE, that's non-refundable engineering costs with no intention of committing to 2/3 of those proposed orders, therefore two of those three orders were pre-meditated fraudulent purchases.

what you say would be true if all those companies and the information about them existed or evolved at the same time.  they don't.  it's an evolution as i just described.  the relative value of these companies and their products are changing as each week goes by.  we, as consumers, have every right to change our minds as the markets evolve and the facts change.

by advising HashFast not to take cc's, i only gave them a strategy to limit orders to those individuals who understand the terms upfront and who are willing to wait for them until the end of December.  you have the freedom not to participate by not ordering thru them.
Bitcoinorama

Activity: 532

View Profile
August 09, 2013, 02:32:46 PM

yes, then don't order.

I'm sorry, I'm not here for an argument and i'm nobody's fool, I've got nothing against Hashfast, pro-KnC or not, as a miner I want competition so we can pay affordable prices without being scammed or having a few controlling the market.

But let's call it for what it is. You are laying bets on pre-orders in which companies rely on securing funds to cover NRE, that's non-refundable engineering costs with no intention of committing to 2/3 of those proposed orders, therefor two of those three orders were pre-meditated fraudulent purchases.

as this market has evolved over the last couple of months my first order was for KNC as they looked like a good company.  in fact, i've read all your analyses and your open day thread.  you've provided alot of good, sincere information and i based my order off of that.  i was truly excited about the first 28nm company to evolve.

then time rolled by and BitFury's for October become available and it started to become clear they had a viable competitively priced product.  so yes, i then placed an order with them.  just like everyone else's conventional wisdom around here dictated.  yes, i knew i'd have to cancel one of them down the line as i'm not THAT much into mining.

then HashFast came along.  i like what i read. i decided to cancel my Jupiter orders the day before i go visit them.  they're close by which would be really convenient in picking up my orders.  i see they're legit when i'm there.  i decide to lay down a check for BabyJets right then.  i go home.  they realize who i am.  a rep from the company wants to sell me chips.  then they figure i might sell some rigs for them.  we're back and forth for a week and a half trying to figure out how i might help them.  they realize i understand this marketplace and mining and would like guidance.  we only come to this sponsorship/endorsement agreement 2 days ago.  yes, i then cancel my BitFury order to, in my mind, align myself fully with the company and product i truly believe in.

to say i have no integrity b/c i used the refund policies of KNC and Megabig, as they have publicly promised and as they were intended, is childish on your part. 

in fact, don't you find it ironic that the reason you're recommending for ppl here on the forum to use cc's is so that they can do exactly what i just did?

No, there is no irony, as I have never recommended people abuse their cards in that manner. In fact I have in several posts specifically stated that is not on. The consumer protection is there to protect consumers from fraud, i.e. deceitful business practice, not to use the cards with the intent to deceive yourself.

I have only ever suggested 1. People do their own research. Glad I've been considered helpful, but I'm not here to sway people's opinion, just sharing what I found and recommend they too follow up with their own due diligence. 2. Pay by safe and secure protected payment means for pre-orders to mitigate against advance payment fraud, not 'hedge bets' and bail once committing to an order.

Make my day! Say thanks if you found me helpful Smiley BTC Address --->
1487ThaKjezGA6SiE8fvGcxbgJJu6XWtZp
crumbs

Activity: 210

View Profile
August 09, 2013, 02:32:52 PM

yes, then don't order.

in fact, you can blame me for advising them not to take cc's.  like i said in my thread, i had orders of 3 Jupiter's in at KNC, and 8 H boards with BitFury.  i never intended to order that many as a whole simply b/c i was playing the Ms. Fickle game of hedging my bets across multiple companies fully intending to cancel all but one order with whom i deemed the winner in my orderbook in the end. so i artificially inflated the internal expectations at both these companies about what the demand was going to be going forward.
I agree, this is pretty messed up. Maybe HashFast reacted too quickly in choosing their "Endorser".
you'd better think a little more carefully about what i said.  you're confusing "result" with "intent".  

I think both intent & result are obvious.  I'm not surprised by your dealings, but your eagerness to trot them out in public is certainly a liability to HashFast.
NetTime

Activity: 253
Merit: 101

View Profile
August 09, 2013, 02:58:29 PM

We are not talking about a high volume here,  if you can't make a website that can handle a few hundred users-- just give up.   The price should be around $3k.  At the current price, BTC only, and bad exchange rate why would u buy one?   KNC has done a much better job and when they released pricing it blew away the competition.  It was unheard of...    this should have been the same thing since we now all know where the difficulty will be.

I was interested and when I got the email that orders have begun I jumped up to check it out.   Completely disappointing.  Good luck with your business.

+1 total letdown.
Kouye

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

Cuddling, censored, unicorn-shaped troll.

View Profile
August 09, 2013, 03:00:03 PM

Still no answer to my simple questions  Cry
Maybe they just missed them, so I added a bit of color to make them easier to spot.

[OVER] RIDDLES 2nd edition --- this was claimed. Look out for 3rd edition!
I won't ever ask for a loan nor offer any escrow service. If I do, please consider my account as hacked.
eve

View Profile
August 09, 2013, 03:01:42 PM

Stay Clear and Stay Away. Don't Buy because they cannot Guarantee Delivery Time and No Money Back Guarantee. Is Avalon and Butterfly in the making !!
Beastlymac

Activity: 630
Merit: 501

Miner Setup And Reviews. WASP Rep.

View Profile
August 09, 2013, 03:10:32 PM

Stay Clear and Stay Away. Don't Buy because they cannot Guarantee Delivery Time and No Money Back Guarantee. Is Avalon and Butterfly in the making !!
You are possibly the most annoying person on this forum.

Message me if you have any problems
WastedLTC

Activity: 776
Merit: 536

View Profile
August 09, 2013, 03:15:26 PM

You are possibly the most annoying person on this forum.

Eve, your posts do stand out on a number of threads due to the large bold text and consistent "Stay away" verbiage.  You don't need to make them bold and huge.  Makes you look like a troll and no one will bother to listen.   Calm down and stop jumping to every ASIC manufacturer and group by thread and posting how much of a scam it is.   Point out what you disagree with and move on.
cypherdoc
Legendary

View Profile
August 09, 2013, 03:16:52 PM

what you say would be true if all those companies and the information about them existed or evolved at the same time.  they don't.  it's an evolution as i just described.  the relative value of these companies and their products are changing as each week goes by.  we, as consumers, have every right to change our minds as the markets evolve and the facts change.

Except you didn't act like a normal consumer who waits and then bases their decision after time, you went in with the full intent to defraud one or all of these companies.

yes, then don't order.

in fact, you can blame me for advising them not to take cc's.  like i said in my thread, i had orders of 3 Jupiter's in at KNC, and 8 H boards with BitFury.  i never intended to order that many as a whole simply b/c i was playing the Ms. Fickle game of hedging my bets across multiple companies fully intending to cancel all but one order with whom i deemed the winner in my orderbook in the end. so i artificially inflated the internal expectations at both these companies about what the demand was going to be going forward.

You can try to paint a different picture but these are your very own words.

Then to try to clear your name you start pointing fingers at bitcoinorama to push the attention to him, less integrity with each post.

Roll Eyes if i wanted to artificially inflate the internal expectations at both those companies i would have put thru a $1M order.  Roll Eyes

i clearly explained the evolution of my thinking and if you can't understand that my original intent was to actually receive those machines then heaven help you for your negativity.
cypherdoc
Legendary

View Profile
August 09, 2013, 03:21:38 PM

yes, then don't order.

as this market has evolved over the last couple of months my first order was for KNC as they looked like a good company.  in fact, i've read all your analyses and your open day thread.  you've provided alot of good, sincere information and i based my order off of that.  i was truly excited about the first 28nm company to evolve.

then time rolled by and BitFury's for October become available and it started to become clear they had a viable competitively priced product.  so yes, i then placed an order with them.  just like everyone else's conventional wisdom around here dictated.  yes, i knew i'd have to cancel one of them down the line as i'm not THAT much into mining.

then HashFast came along.  i like what i read. i decided to cancel my Jupiter orders the day before i go visit them.  they're close by which would be really convenient in picking up my orders.  i see they're legit when i'm there.  i decide to lay down a check for BabyJets right then.  i go home.  they realize who i am.  a rep from the company wants to sell me chips.  then they figure i might sell some rigs for them.  we're back and forth for a week and a half trying to figure out how i might help them.  they realize i understand this marketplace and mining and would like guidance.  we only come to this sponsorship/endorsement agreement 2 days ago.  yes, i then cancel my BitFury order to, in my mind, align myself fully with the company and product i truly believe in.

in fact, don't you find it ironic that the reason you're recommending for ppl here on the forum to use cc's is so that they can do exactly what i just did?

No, there is no irony, as I have never recommended people abuse their cards in that manner. In fact I have in several posts specifically stated that is not on. The consumer protection is there to protect consumers from fraud, i.e. deceitful business practice, not to use the cards with the intent to deceive yourself.

I have only ever suggested 1. People do their own research. Glad I've been considered helpful, but I'm not here to sway people's opinion, just sharing what I found and recommend they too follow up with their own due diligence. 2. Pay by safe and secure protected payment means for pre-orders to mitigate against advance payment fraud, not 'hedge bets' and bail once committing to an order.

so have we at least moved away from your first allegation that i was trying to "financially manipulate" the balance sheets of those companies with 1 order?

this is a fast moving marketplace and if you want to bootstrap yourself to one company at a given point in time and ignore other developments in the marketplace as they evolve, have at it.

when i say that someday one of these companies is going to implode from chargebacks that is my market interpretation of what is going to happen, not what i want to happen or intend to facilitate.
crumbs

View Profile
August 09, 2013, 03:35:03 PM

what you say would be true if all those companies and the information about them existed or evolved at the same time.  they don't.  it's an evolution as i just described.  the relative value of these companies and their products are changing as each week goes by.  we, as consumers, have every right to change our minds as the markets evolve and the facts change.
Except you didn't act like a normal consumer who waits and then bases their decision after time, you went in with the full intent to defraud one or all of these companies.
yes, then don't order.
in fact, you can blame me for advising them not to take cc's.  like i said in my thread, i had orders of 3 Jupiter's in at KNC, and 8 H boards with BitFury.  i never intended to order that many as a whole simply b/c i was playing the Ms. Fickle game of hedging my bets across multiple companies fully intending to cancel all but one order with whom i deemed the winner in my orderbook in the end. so i artificially inflated the internal expectations at both these companies about what the demand was going to be going forward.
Then to try to clear your name you start pointing fingers at bitcoinorama to push the attention to him, less integrity with each post.
Roll Eyes if i wanted to artificially inflate the internal expectations at both those companies i would have put thru a $1M order.  Roll Eyes

You have clearly stated what you wanted to do and what you perceived you have done.  It's right there in red boldface.  I agree your actions most likely didn't cause much damage, which only makes them petty, not justifiable.

i clearly explained the evolution of my thinking and if you can't understand that my original intent was to actually receive those machines then heaven help you for your negativity.

Your intent was always to charge back most of your orders, denying that after explicitly stating "...cancel all but one order with whom i deemed the winner in my orderbook in the end" is lying.  I'm not surprised that you lie, but by the ineptitude and artlessness of your lies.  
cypherdoc
Legendary

View Profile
August 09, 2013, 03:41:09 PM

what you say would be true if all those companies and the information about them existed or evolved at the same time.  they don't.  it's an evolution as i just described.  the relative value of these companies and their products are changing as each week goes by.  we, as consumers, have every right to change our minds as the markets evolve and the facts change.
yes, then don't order.
Roll Eyes if i wanted to artificially inflate the internal expectations at both those companies i would have put thru a $1M order.  Roll Eyes

You have clearly stated what you wanted to do and what you perceived you have done.  It's right there in red boldface.  I agree your actions most likely didn't cause much damage, which only makes them petty, not justifiable.

Your intent was always to charge back most of your orders, denying that after explicitly stating "...cancel all but one order with whom i deemed the winner in my orderbook in the end" is lying.  I'm not surprised that you lie, but by the ineptitude and artlessness of your lies.  

from someone who trolls every ASIC developer thread out there. Roll Eyes

if you don't have the ability to distinguish someone talking in the 3rd person you are as dumb as you appear.

your allegations are dumb and inept.
bbxx

Activity: 728

cryptoshark

View Profile WWW
August 09, 2013, 03:42:59 PM

yes, then don't order.

from someone who trolls every ASIC developer thread out there. Roll Eyes

if you don't have the ability to distinguish someone talking in the 3rd person you are as dumb as you appear.

your allegations are dumb and inept.

any comment here?
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=270384.msg2898990#msg2898990

please dont say bullshit
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 ... 586 »
  Print  

Jump to: