Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 06:39:18 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 [51] 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 ... 586 »
  Print  
Author Topic: HashFast announces specs for new ASIC: 400GH/s  (Read 880232 times)
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
September 17, 2013, 08:18:50 PM

Hashfast, any news from the chips ?

Plans of hosting ?

You are still sticking to the delivery times given ?

Every time I contact HF they answer me that they will look after my questions/suggestions  and they will come back with the answers, but they never do so  Undecided
I haven't heard of them hosting, but with the announced tapeout their chips should be on time.

IceDrill is building the HashFast Farm.

https://bitfunder.com/asset/IceDrill.ASIC

Shares are on sale today too!   Wink

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Erin HashFast

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
September 18, 2013, 10:23:50 PM

I cannot login with my username or email address into the order system of HashFast.

Anyone with the same issue here?

Hi There,

Earlier, we allowed users to login and view their account information. We have recently (not sure if it will be temporary or permanent) shut down that functionality of the site to maintain the security of our customers information. Should anyone ever have any question or concern regarding an order they have or would like to place, please email sales@hashfast.com or call (800) 609-3445.

Kind Regards,
Erin
Erin HashFast

View Profile WWW
September 18, 2013, 10:36:44 PM

Hashfast, any news from the chips ?

Plans of hosting ?

You are still sticking to the delivery times given ?

Every time I contact HF they answer me that they will look after my questions/suggestions  and they will come back with the answers, but they never do so  Undecided

Hi There,

To best answer your questions from the information I have received today from my Engineering Team...

-HOSTING: YES!!! We are expecting and anticipating to make the official announcement in the next two weeks. We are very excited about this!
-DELIVERY: At this time, we are still operating within the delivery frames as shown on our website: https://hashfast.com/shop/babyjet/

If you have any other questions, I can be reached here by PM and at sales@hashfast.com

Cheers!
Erin
RoadStress
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1007

View Profile
September 18, 2013, 10:48:23 PM

HashFast,

Some questions:

Can you provide the dimensions of the package (important as I am looking into immersion cooling so critical heat flux is important)?
Can you clarify that the nominal wattage of the chip itself is ~250W and the wattage of the system at the wall is ~350W?  Both numbers have been used but it isn't exactly clear what they represent.
Can you provide the dimensions of the ASIC board?  Estimate is fine.  Can you also provide an estimate of the height of the tallest board component (excluding waterblock)?
Can the controller handle more than 1 hashing board?  If so is there an upper limit?  4 boards? 10 boards? 50 boards? 
Will you consider selling just ASIC boards instead of complete systems?

A bump for HF in case they missed it.

It seems that they missed it.

Erin HashFast

View Profile WWW
September 18, 2013, 11:26:31 PM

HashFast,

Some questions:

Can you provide the dimensions of the package (important as I am looking into immersion cooling so critical heat flux is important)?
Can you clarify that the nominal wattage of the chip itself is ~250W and the wattage of the system at the wall is ~350W?  Both numbers have been used but it isn't exactly clear what they represent.
Can you provide the dimensions of the ASIC board?  Estimate is fine.  Can you also provide an estimate of the height of the tallest board component (excluding waterblock)?
Can the controller handle more than 1 hashing board?  If so is there an upper limit?  4 boards? 10 boards? 50 boards? 

A bump for HF in case they missed it.

It seems that they missed it.

Didn't miss it... Sent this earlier to my Engineering Team for review.  Smiley
starsoccer9
Legendary

Activity: 1630
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 19, 2013, 03:22:43 PM

Not sure who else saw this or not but on the baby jet batch one it now says

"The Baby Jet motherboard has room for an additional GN chip module.**"

the 2 stars refer to simply that you need an upgraded water cooling system and upgraded power.

At this point tho from calculations i have run it doesnt look like anyone can really breakeven tho
Simon Barber

Activity: 56

View Profile
September 19, 2013, 05:22:59 PM

Overall, our chip most closely resembles a modern "hot CPU" design (Intel Sandy Bridge E, AMD FX-9, SPARC T4, etc.). The package is a BGA, 45mm x 45mm external dimensions. The total die area is approximately 324mm^2. The die is split in 4 - i.e. under the metal lid there are 4 dies in a square arrangement, each approx 9mm x 9mm with 5mm gap in between each one (for better heat dissipation and spreading).

One highly relevant feature regarding power use is that the GN chip incorporates on-die temperature sensors and a control system designed to adjust voltage and clock speed to the capacity of the cooling system.  Thus if the cooling system can dissipate a greater amount of heat, the software can "overclock" the chip to fit it's power usage to the heat dissipation capacity, and produce greater hashing capacity.

Similarly, the chip will "underclock" itself in response to external circumstances that reduce the available heat dissipation capacity (say, a very hot day, a failure in the cooling system, a blocked air vent...).  The overall design intent is for the chip to always operate at the maximum possible hashrate dictated by the circumstances.

Finally, one recent piece of news is that we have received results for the stage-III thermal test (full physical prototype) from our cooling system partner.  Stage III tests involve the creation of a full and complete prototype of the system, including the same case, fans and cooling system that will be used in the Baby Jet as shipped.   The only difference is that the chip is substituted by a variable-output heating element with the same form factor as chip. The test consists of running the Baby Jet as if in production, and increasing the wattage produced by the heating element while monitoring temperatures.

At the nominal operating point (400Gh/s) the best silicon will consume ~250W according to our simulations. There is some variation in silicon however, so some silicon will consume a few % more. This power level is at the chip only. The system has 2 power conversion stages between the wall plug and the chip - first an ATX power supply that outputs 12v. This supply is about 88% efficient. Then there is a second supply stage on the module board the chip is mounted on. This second supply stage converts the 12v down to approximately 0.7-0.8v that the chip runs at. The combination of the losses in both PSU stages and the additional consumption from the pump, fans, controller etc account for the difference between the 250W at the chip and about 350W at the wall.

The module board is ~4" wide and approx 10" long (may end up a little longer, up to 12" - we are still configuring the power connectors). Here is a draft layout - note this is not final and is subject to change. Dimensions in mm.

https://hashfast.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/draft-layout.gif

The tallest board components are two conventional air cooled heatsinks on the FETs that form part of the power supply. I don't have the height to hand - I will get back to you. Here is a rendering of a draft of the module boards, installed in a Sierra. Note - this design is not final, and is subject to change.

https://hashfast.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/ISO-RENDERING-1.jpg

Yes - the controller (which is a raspberry pi) should be able to control many boards. We have not analysed how many. Our chip has been designed with a particularly advanced internal interface, and supports variable difficulty levels and n-time rolling on chip. This massively reduces the traffic from the controller to the chip, keeping the CPU requirements on the controller very low. The interface supports daisy chaining up to 63 chips to a single serial port on the controller. The traffic levels and limits will depend on the difficulty levels the chip is configured to run at, and the use of n-time rolling.

Yes - we plan to add complete module boards to our website shortly. These can be directly controlled via either a serial port, or USB. We will be open sourcing the drivers in CGMiner.
18RATTT

Activity: 282
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 20, 2013, 08:59:00 AM

The tallest board components are two conventional air cooled heatsinks on the FETs that form part of the power supply. I don't have the height to hand - I will get back to you. Here is a rendering of a draft of the module boards, installed in a Sierra. Note - this design is not final, and is subject to change.
thanks for the indepth info, Simon.
beautiful design so far, cant wait for the final design.

Anyway, on the design im working on, i need the height (approx is fine) of the two conventional heatsinks you mention, let me know when you have them?

ttt

Puppet
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1040

View Profile
September 20, 2013, 09:42:17 AM

The total die area is approximately 324mm^2. The die is split in 4 - i.e. under the metal lid there are 4 dies in a square arrangement, each approx 9mm x 9mm with 5mm gap in between each one (for better heat dissipation and spreading).

AHa. That explains a lot. I already wondered why anyone would develop such a large die for bitcoin mining.
It really is only a ~100GH/s 81mm² die, with 4 of them in an MCM. Interesting, and probably a good idea.
Tad3j

Activity: 270

View Profile
September 20, 2013, 10:05:20 AM

Hashfast an idea, how to cool the radiators on your watercooling: http://youtu.be/VUbpb23yTK8?t=11m6s

Wink
DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079

Gerald Davis

View Profile
September 21, 2013, 09:09:55 PM
Last edit: September 21, 2013, 09:25:13 PM by DeathAndTaxes

Overall, our chip most closely resembles a modern "hot CPU" design (Intel Sandy Bridge E, AMD FX-9, SPARC T4, etc.). The package is a BGA, 45mm x 45mm external dimensions. The total die area is approximately 324mm^2. The die is split in 4 - i.e. under the metal lid there are 4 dies in a square arrangement, each approx 9mm x 9mm with 5mm gap in between each one (for better heat dissipation and spreading).

Thanks for the update and I am glad you confirmed this detail.  The entire package is 45mm by 45mm, is the lid smaller?   If so can you provide the lid dimensions?  
If lid occupies entire chip size that would be a surface area of 20.25 cm and a heat flux of 12.3 W/cm^2.

For those wondering what I mean.  Two example chip packages, pretend each is 45mm x 45mm.  The surface area of the lid for the  chip on the right is significantly larger.

One highly relevant feature regarding power use is that the GN chip incorporates on-die temperature sensors and a control system designed to adjust voltage and clock speed to the capacity of the cooling system.  Thus if the cooling system can dissipate a greater amount of heat, the software can "overclock" the chip to fit it's power usage to the heat dissipation capacity, and produce greater hashing capacity.

Similarly, the chip will "underclock" itself in response to external circumstances that reduce the available heat dissipation capacity (say, a very hot day, a failure in the cooling system, a blocked air vent...).  The overall design intent is for the chip to always operate at the maximum possible hashrate dictated by the circumstances.

Good to hear.  What is the operating temp the software targets? 60C?

Finally, one recent piece of news is that we have received results for the stage-III thermal test (full physical prototype) from our cooling system partner.  

Glad to hear that.  Care to share any details on radiator size?  Will all fittings be PC water cooling standard (G/14 threads, 3/8 or 1/2 ID barbs/compression fittings) to make upgrading radiator and other components possible with off the shelf components.

At the nominal operating point (400Gh/s) the best silicon will consume ~250W according to our simulations. There is some variation in silicon however, so some silicon will consume a few % more. This power level is at the chip only. The system has 2 power conversion stages between the wall plug and the chip - first an ATX power supply that outputs 12v. This supply is about 88% efficient. Then there is a second supply stage on the module board the chip is mounted on. This second supply stage converts the 12v down to approximately 0.7-0.8v that the chip runs at. The combination of the losses in both PSU stages and the additional consumption from the pump, fans, controller etc account for the difference between the 250W at the chip and about 350W at the wall.

Thank you.  So I see it something like this.

Chip power: 250W  (~333A @ 0.75VDC)
Board power:  284W (~24A @ 12VDC)
System DC power: 315W (~@27@ 12VDC 284W board + 31W for controller, fans, pump, etc)
System AC power:  350W  (~3A @ 120VAC assumes 90% ATX PSU efficiency)

The module board is ~4" wide and approx 10" long (may end up a little longer, up to 12" - we are still configuring the power connectors). Here is a draft layout - note this is not final and is subject to change. Dimensions in mm.

Thanks.  Eyeballing the diagram I assume the case is 2U high.  That would make the fans 80mm.  If diagram is to scale that puts the FET heat sinks @ ~60mm (+/-10%).  Are FET heatsinks removable (out of warranty of course).  The heat flux should be < 1 W/cm^2 which is trivial in immersion cooling.  The "shorter" the board height the closer they can be spaced and the less very expensive Fluorinert I need to buy. Smiley  Also some users may wish to replace them with water blocks.

Note - this design is not final, and is subject to change.
 Of course and understood.

Yes - we plan to add complete module boards to our website shortly. These can be directly controlled via either a serial port, or USB. We will be open sourcing the drivers in CGMiner.

Excellent.  Thank you for all the info/details.  Keep it coming.  
Subw

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 21, 2013, 09:17:33 PM

Will chip be available for developers?
ninjarobot

Activity: 761

Mine Silent, Mine Deep

View Profile
September 21, 2013, 10:12:00 PM

http://decentralizedhashing.com/2013/09/hashfast-tapeout-sierra-mpp-new-next-gen-chip/
HashFast (OP)

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
September 22, 2013, 12:05:36 AM

For the next 3 days, prices have been slashed on Baby Jet’s and Sierra’s. Now is the time to invest in additional rigs. Sale ends Monday at 11:59PM PST!

regular

Activity: 297

View Profile
September 22, 2013, 01:49:16 AM

As someone that's ordered a batch 1 babyjet, this price drop seems like a huge blow to initial customers that believed in Hashfast.  The Sierra is offering 3x the hashrate for almost the same price.  I know there is going to be the MPP, but at this point, one can just get 3x the hashrate only a month later than the first batch.
DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079

Gerald Davis

View Profile
September 22, 2013, 01:56:00 AM

As someone that's ordered a batch 1 babyjet, this price drop seems like a huge blow to initial customers that believed in Hashfast.  The Sierra is offering 3x the hashrate for almost the same price.  I know there is going to be the MPP, but at this point, one can just get 3x the hashrate only a month later than the first batch.

Well a month later is a big deal.  Expect prices from all vendors to keep falling though. 
itod
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1075

^ Will code for Bitcoins

View Profile
September 22, 2013, 04:19:31 AM

As someone that's ordered a batch 1 babyjet, this price drop seems like a huge blow to initial customers that believed in Hashfast.  The Sierra is offering 3x the hashrate for almost the same price.  I know there is going to be the MPP, but at this point, one can just get 3x the hashrate only a month later than the first batch.

You may be surprised how unimportant hashrate may be a month later. I'm in group buy for batch 1# BabyJet and I would probably refuse to exchange for 3X hashrate a month later. Given the circumstances of KNC and Bitfury unloading miners in that period it may actually return less BTC. Current monthly difficulty increase is estimated at 115%.
sobani

Activity: 21

View Profile
September 22, 2013, 10:25:40 AM

For the next 3 days, prices have been slashed on Baby Jet’s and Sierra’s. Now is the time to invest in additional rigs. Sale ends Monday at 11:59PM PST!

For those who already ordered a first batch Baby Jet, would it be possible to trade it for a Sierra on sale? How much extra would that cost for the device (beyond the $400 difference) and shipping?
dopamine

Activity: 486

View Profile
September 22, 2013, 04:18:06 PM

So with this miner protection program? the motherboard supports 3 HashFast Golden Nonce (GN) 28nm ASIC chip? and what is gonna cost if we have to add two more HashFast Golden Nonce (GN) 28nm ASIC chip?
if we dont get RIO, because today I looked on http://mining.thegenesisblock.com/ and the break even is 96 days and most likely gonna increase? So does that mean on day 90 I get 2 more HashFast Golden Nonce (GN) 28nm ASIC chip per Babyjet?

Bitcoinica still has not given me 50% of my claim of 600 BTC
INTERSANGO can go down with bitcoinica for abandoning customers
Alberto Armandi is a SCAMMER
DyslexicZombei

Activity: 364

View Profile
September 22, 2013, 09:06:07 PM

To John S.,

In my PM to you yesterday morning on behalf of my co-operative, I'm sorry if I pissed you off John (something I seem to do if your name is Yifu as well) but at least the Flash Sale worked for me and thomas_s. to reserve 100 HashFast Sierra shares worth over $11K on the GB forum in less than 12 hours. That may be a GB forum record if any others would like to dispute that.  Grin

So, we're seeing if we can sell a 2nd Sierra, this one cheaper, without MPP, to try to beat the Monday night deadline: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=299171.0;all

Please PM me if you have questions or would like to take a fractional risk on what are looking like the best available ASIC pre-order deals at the moment.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 [51] 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 ... 586 »
  Print  

Jump to: