Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 08:35:26 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 [58] 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 ... 586 »
  Print  
Author Topic: HashFast announces specs for new ASIC: 400GH/s  (Read 880232 times)
itod
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1075

^ Will code for Bitcoins

View Profile
October 09, 2013, 07:58:54 PM

Then, once the silicon is out, we are doing everything we can (including hand-carrying silicon wafers from foundry to the next steps, in Silicon Valley) to get product to our customers as quickly as possible. Best case scenario is five days from wafers-out-of-fab to boot up of the first Baby Jet.

- Amy

Thanks for the report, Amy, much appreciated. KnC was in a very similar situation as you a week ago, and they managed to produce a working miner on the very same day when they've received the first chips. However, they've run into production troubles lasting a whole week before the production is full-scale. Maybe HashFast should take a look at their thread to avoid some problems they've encountered.

Don't hesitate to post some pictures of the PCB, first chips, pre-production process, etc... we'll all much appreciate every detail that you have.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
dopamine

Activity: 486
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 09, 2013, 08:09:16 PM

Well they should just ship wit the miner protection if they are late, looks like nov delivery and I wont be buying more babyjet or upgrades, knc won the arms race! Little upset that I will not even get a RIO

Bitcoinica still has not given me 50% of my claim of 600 BTC
INTERSANGO can go down with bitcoinica for abandoning customers
Alberto Armandi is a SCAMMER
itod
Legendary

^ Will code for Bitcoins

View Profile
October 09, 2013, 08:13:44 PM

Well they should just ship wit the miner protection if they are late, looks like nov delivery and I wont be buying more babyjet or upgrades, knc won the arms race! Little upset that I will not even get a RIO

You'll always get ROI, sometimes positive and sometimes negative. If you get negative ROI with HF and have miner protection you'll receive the additional GHs. So I don't get what the KnC won when their machines will never get positive ROI and they don't have miner protection. Well see who won in a few months when miner protection kicks in.
Rampion
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018

View Profile
October 09, 2013, 08:27:19 PM

You'll always get ROI, sometimes positive and sometimes negative. If you get negative ROI with HF and have miner protection you'll receive the additional GHs. So I don't get what the KnC won when their machines will never get positive ROI and they don't have miner protection. Well see who won in a few months when miner protection kicks in.

Miner protection is BS. The more GH/s hashfast distributes, the more difficult will be to have positive ROI.

The only possible miner protection is to sell the fastest and most energy effective machine in very small, limited batches. I mean batches of 300/500 machines, as Avalon did with batch #1.

cypherdoc
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1002

View Profile
October 09, 2013, 08:32:59 PM

KNC didn't win anything.  remember they started their company months earlier than HF and are just delivering product now which is a bit late.

HF may also be a week late but what do you expect?  if they can deliver by 1st week Nov, given the superior tech and MPP, I am more than happy to be a HF customer and prefer their odds of dominance in the long run.

something that hasn't been stressed enough is that the HF "module" that contains a pre-mounted chip is the only proprietary piece in a BJ or Sierra.  the module is it's own motherboard.  there is no separate pcb needed.  everything else, case, cooler, psu, RaspPi, fans, is OEM.

unlike KNC which has a proprietary casing and controller.

you buy a bunch of modules and you could start your own distribution business.
donch

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

Updated ironic image.

View Profile
October 09, 2013, 08:40:12 PM

KNC didn't win anything.

They have delivered a product. HashFast have not done so yet. Best to save declarations like that for delivery day...

"How are you justifying these as fair use?  They are clearly and unequivocally a copyright violation."
"I really want to know how you justify that under the fair use doctrine?  It does not conform to a single point of fair use."
Josh whining about people reusing his studio portrait shot on this forum. Can you copyright a copyright complaint? All Paypal refunds are final.
Visesrion

Activity: 826
Merit: 314

GIF by SOCIFI

View Profile
October 09, 2013, 08:45:14 PM

KNC didn't win anything.  remember they started their company months earlier than HF and are just delivering product now which is a bit late.

HF may also be a week late but what do you expect?  if they can deliver by 1st week Nov, given the superior tech and MPP, I am more than happy to be a HF customer and prefer their odds of dominance in the long run.

something that hasn't been stressed enough is that the HF "module" that contains a pre-mounted chip is the only proprietary piece in a BJ or Sierra.  the module is it's own motherboard.  there is no separate pcb needed.  everything else, case, cooler, psu, RaspPi, fans, is OEM.

So then whats the point on writing this on the babyjet description ?

The Baby Jet motherboard has room for an additional GN chip module.**

I suposse that by that time HF already knows that they are going to work with independet modules and not a limited motherboard. I really think that they just did this to get the customers into the "upgrade kit".

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄                          ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
             █████████████████                   █████████████████
         █████████████████████████           █████████████████████████
       █████████████████████████████       █████████████████████████████
     █████████████████████████████████   █████████████████████████████████
   ████████████▀           ▀██████████████████████████████████████████████
  ████████████▄▄███████████▄▄█████████▓▓▓███████████████████████████████████
 ▐██████████████▀         ▀██████████▓▓▓▓████████████████████████████████████
 ██████████████▄▄█████████▄▄█████████▓▓▓▓▓████████████████████████████████████
▐█████████████████▀      ▀██████████▓▓▓▓▓▓████████████████████████████████████▌
▐████████████████▄▄██████▄▄█████████▓▓▓▓▓▓▓███████████████████████████████████▌
▐██████████████████      ███████████▓▓▓▓▓▓▓███████████████████████████████████▌
▐██████████████████ ████ ████████████▓▓▓▓▓████████████████████████████████████
 ██████████████████ ████ ████████████▓▓▓▓▓███████████████    ████████████████
  █████████████████ ████ █████████████▓▓▓████████████████   █████████████   █
   ████████████████      ███████████████████████████████    ███████████
    ██████████████████████████████████ ██████████████████     ████████
      ███████████████████████████████     █████████████████
        ███████████████████████████         █████████████████▓
           ████████████████████                ███████████████████▓
               ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀                       ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄████████▄▄▄
▄▄██████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
▄████████████████████████████▄
████████████████████████████████
▓████████████████████████████████▓
███████████████████████▒░███████████
▄█████████████████▒░      ███████████▄
█████████████░░          ░████████████
█████████░              ░█████████████
██████████▓░░          ░██████████████
██████████████▓░       ███████████████
▀███████████████▒     ░██████████████▀
████████████████▒   ░███████████████
████████████████░ ░███████████████
████████████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████████▀
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀██████████████████▀▀
 ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
JOIN OUR
TELEGRAM
RoadStress
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1007

View Profile
October 09, 2013, 08:52:53 PM

Quoted for posterity!

cypherdoc
Legendary

View Profile
October 09, 2013, 08:57:02 PM

KNC didn't win anything.  remember they started their company months earlier than HF and are just delivering product now which is a bit late.

HF may also be a week late but what do you expect?  if they can deliver by 1st week Nov, given the superior tech and MPP, I am more than happy to be a HF customer and prefer their odds of dominance in the long run.

something that hasn't been stressed enough is that the HF "module" that contains a pre-mounted chip is the only proprietary piece in a BJ or Sierra.  the module is it's own motherboard.  there is no separate pcb needed.  everything else, case, cooler, psu, RaspPi, fans, is OEM.

I suposse that by that time HF already knows that they are going to work with independet modules and not a limited motherboard. I really think that they just did this to get the customers into the "upgrade kit".

not sure what you mean.

the upgrade kit (module, cooler, and psu) was for those who want to maximally utilize the BJ's capability to insert a 2nd module NOW.  if you choose to wait instead for the MPP, you still will insert a 2nd module into the open slot 3 mo from delivery.  but then you'll have to buy an extra cooler and upgrade the psu yourself.

crumbs

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 09, 2013, 09:06:17 PM

KNC didn't win anything.  remember they started their company months earlier than HF and are just delivering product now which is a bit late.

HF may also be a week late but what do you expect?  if they can deliver by 1st week Nov, given the superior tech and MPP, I am more than happy to be a HF customer and prefer their odds of dominance in the long run.

something that hasn't been stressed enough is that the HF "module" that contains a pre-mounted chip is the only proprietary piece in a BJ or Sierra.  the module is it's own motherboard.  there is no separate pcb needed.  everything else, case, cooler, psu, RaspPi, fans, is OEM.

not sure what you mean.

the upgrade kit (module, cooler, and psu) was for those who want to maximally utilize the BJ's capability to insert a 2nd module NOW.  if you choose to wait instead for the MPP, you still will insert a 2nd module into the open slot 3 mo from delivery.  but then you'll have to buy an extra cooler and upgrade the psu yourself.

Read the red text.  Note lack of coherency.

If "the Baby Jet motherboard has room for an additional GN chip module," and "the module is it's [sic] own motherboard", as you've pointed out, then WTF are we talking about???  Infinite recursion?  
cypherdoc
Legendary

View Profile
October 09, 2013, 09:12:39 PM

not sure what you mean.

Read the red text.  Note lack of coherency.

If "the Baby Jet motherboard has room for an additional GN chip module," and "the module is it's [sic] own motherboard", as you've pointed out, then WTF are we talking about???  Infinite recursion?  

ah, i see the inconsistency.  thank you crumbs for clarifying things for once.

i'll get them to rectify that on the website.
donch

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

Updated ironic image.

View Profile
October 09, 2013, 09:15:35 PM

Just to be clear, what is the difference between a "module" and a "motherboard" by your definition? How does the "module" receive it's power without some kind of VRM mounted on a PCB? 

"How are you justifying these as fair use?  They are clearly and unequivocally a copyright violation."
"I really want to know how you justify that under the fair use doctrine?  It does not conform to a single point of fair use."
Josh whining about people reusing his studio portrait shot on this forum. Can you copyright a copyright complaint? All Paypal refunds are final.
itod
Legendary

^ Will code for Bitcoins

View Profile
October 09, 2013, 10:19:00 PM

Miner protection is BS. The more GH/s hashfast distributes, the more difficult will be to have positive ROI.

After this nonsense it's very hard to discuss anything. So miner protection is bad because it gives more GHs to HashFast customers?!?!?

This thread is becoming a troll-fest really fast. It would be nice to have KnC shills back to KnC-still-no-tracking-number-whining thread.
PuertoLibre
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1003

View Profile
October 09, 2013, 10:47:29 PM

After this nonsense it's very hard to discuss anything. So miner protection is bad because it gives more GHs to HashFast customers?!?!?

This thread is becoming a troll-fest really fast. It would be nice to have KnC shills back to KnC-still-no-tracking-number-whining thread.
It is very much a self defeating type of compensation.
Rampion
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018

View Profile
October 09, 2013, 11:00:07 PM

It is very much a self defeating type of compensation.

Exactly. The only valid "miner protection" is to immediately deliver a limited batch of hardware which is superior to everything else on the market at that moment. But... Wait. That would mean an almost guaranteed profit, as you would b/e quickly..... So.... I guess that any company able to do that would just mine with the hardware. The free loan, "all the risk on customer's shoulder" model makes a lot of sense from an enterpreneurial point of view.

Amy Woodward

Activity: 34
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 10, 2013, 01:52:53 AM

Just to be clear, what is the difference between a "module" and a "motherboard" by your definition? How does the "module" receive it's power without some kind of VRM mounted on a PCB? 

Hi donch,

The website has been updated; the description was old - sometime in July old.

Yes, each module is a PCB board, with amongst other things, a GN chip, a VRM, usb port, power connectors, mounts for the water cooler, etc.

And a Baby Jet has enough room inside to fit two modules.

Amy Woodward
VP Engineering
HashFast Technologies

pmorici

Activity: 479
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 10, 2013, 02:58:43 AM

Yes, each module is a PCB board, with amongst other things, a GN chip, a VRM, usb port, power connectors, mounts for the water cooler, etc.

Amy,

Does that mean than if the Miner protection program kicks in we'd be given modules?  or is that deal still for GN "chips" and nothing else?  As shipping day approaches it would be nice to have some clarity on the exact form everything will be taking.  I had been planning to sell of my USB hubs used with my Block Erupter ASIC miners but if I might end up needing them it would be good to know.  These sorts of things would be good topics for blog posts in the very near future. 
HashFast_CL

Activity: 168

HashFast Community Liaison

View Profile WWW
October 10, 2013, 03:14:13 AM

The "module" is a miniature motherboard.  Each one screws onto the risers of any ATX case and contains a chip, a VRM, a USB, etc., mounted on a PCB.

The Baby-Jet case has room for two of these 'mini-boards.'

All the mini-boards need to start hashing is an ATX PSU, cooling, and a controller (Raspberry Pi for BJs, basic 1U server for Sierras).

Sorry for the confusion, we are no longer going to call them "modules" or mistakenly suggest they are mounted onto anything except the case.

"Bitcoin enables ordinary people to fight back, to avoid and evade snooping governments, which enact, use and abuse laws that allow them, without due process, to investigate, tax, control and seize privately owned assets."  -   Leon Louw

“We can say without equivocation that firms like MasterCard, Visa and the TBTF banks like JPMorgan and Goldman hate the idea of ever having to compete for business again. They have grown comfortable in their corrupt world of writing laws for themselves without any regulatory oversight. They enjoy the exorbitant privilege of bilking the American economy with extortionary transaction rates. They are scared of Bitcoin. And they should be. It offers transparency, cost efficiency and anonymity.” - Max Kaiser
HashFast_CL

Activity: 168

HashFast Community Liaison

View Profile WWW
October 10, 2013, 03:33:14 AM

"Motherboard" was the wrong word to use.

It should say

"the Baby Jet case has room for an additional GN chip module," and "the module is a miniature motherboard (which attaches directly to your ATX case risers)"

"Bitcoin enables ordinary people to fight back, to avoid and evade snooping governments, which enact, use and abuse laws that allow them, without due process, to investigate, tax, control and seize privately owned assets."  -   Leon Louw

“We can say without equivocation that firms like MasterCard, Visa and the TBTF banks like JPMorgan and Goldman hate the idea of ever having to compete for business again. They have grown comfortable in their corrupt world of writing laws for themselves without any regulatory oversight. They enjoy the exorbitant privilege of bilking the American economy with extortionary transaction rates. They are scared of Bitcoin. And they should be. It offers transparency, cost efficiency and anonymity.” - Max Kaiser
cypherdoc
Legendary

View Profile
October 10, 2013, 03:34:09 AM

Amy,

Does that mean than if the Miner protection program kicks in we'd be given modules?  or is that deal still for GN "chips" and nothing else?  As shipping day approaches it would be nice to have some clarity on the exact form everything will be taking.  I had been planning to sell of my USB hubs used with my Block Erupter ASIC miners but if I might end up needing them it would be good to know.  These sorts of things would be good topics for blog posts in the very near future.  

hang on to them.

if you notice carefully, when the MPP kicks in you're going to get 4 free chips for every chip bought.  1 will go into your BJ to fill the 2nd slot.  the other 3 can conveniently be mounted inside a Sierra box.  the Sierras won't have their own controller; you'll need to purchase one.  the good news is that one controller can run multiple Sierra's (dozens?) and will be connected to them via USB cords going to one USB hub.
Pages: « 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 [58] 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 ... 586 »
  Print  

Jump to: