Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 01:45:15 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 [60] 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 ... 586 »
  Print  
Author Topic: HashFast announces specs for new ASIC: 400GH/s  (Read 880232 times)
cypherdoc
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1002

View Profile
October 11, 2013, 01:33:50 AM

That isn't the case here.  Did the read the blog post?  Toward the end it also says, "The Raspberry Pi’s Ethernet port and 2 USB ports are available on the back panel of the Baby Jet for you to connect to." So there was no confusion between 'Serial' and 'USB'.

Yes, I've read the blog post. Baby Jet may have maximum two mini-boards, each connected through one of the two available USB ports on the R. Pi. Simple solution, battle-tested tested through MiniPeon project and perfectly clear.

It doesn't say anything of the sort in that blog post it says the USB ports are free.  You're missing the point.  My issue is the lack of clear and accurate information.  We can infer it's USB now from the postings in this forum but what's so difficult about writing a concise overview of how it is all going to work? What about releasing a diagram of the mounting hole spacing for the 'mini-board' and what kind of mounting assembly will be required if we want to try alternative cooling options.

give me a break.

i've never once seen Sam or Marcus on the KNC thread.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
pmorici

Activity: 479
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 11, 2013, 01:59:46 AM

That isn't the case here.  Did the read the blog post?  Toward the end it also says, "The Raspberry Pi’s Ethernet port and 2 USB ports are available on the back panel of the Baby Jet for you to connect to." So there was no confusion between 'Serial' and 'USB'.

Yes, I've read the blog post. Baby Jet may have maximum two mini-boards, each connected through one of the two available USB ports on the R. Pi. Simple solution, battle-tested tested through MiniPeon project and perfectly clear.

It doesn't say anything of the sort in that blog post it says the USB ports are free.  You're missing the point.  My issue is the lack of clear and accurate information.  We can infer it's USB now from the postings in this forum but what's so difficult about writing a concise overview of how it is all going to work? What about releasing a diagram of the mounting hole spacing for the 'mini-board' and what kind of mounting assembly will be required if we want to try alternative cooling options.

give me a break.

I don't know I haven't read the KNC threads.  Don't you keep saying how HF wants to foster a community around their GN chip.  I don't understand how they expect that to happen.  If you want to compare to KNC they have, for example, specifications of what kind of power supply you need to run their miners and actual photos of devices showing connectors on their company website.  But I don't care what KNC is doing I didn't buy a miner from them.
QuiveringGibbage

Activity: 617
Merit: 543

http://idontALT.com

View Profile WWW
October 11, 2013, 02:10:27 AM

Hi,

What's the power requirements to power a Sierra unit? i.e. 10 or 15amp power from wall? or uses ATX PSU?

Thanks,
 QG

Bitcoin is at the tippity top of the mountain...but it's really only half way up.. Wink
HashFast_CL

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

HashFast Community Liaison

View Profile WWW
October 11, 2013, 02:13:45 AM

Sort of unfortunate to see it using rpi ... they've been pretty unreliable historically. Then again, the little wrt routers in the avalons haven't been especially robust either.  If the connectivity to the rpi is USB hopefully it'll be possible to replace the rpi with something more reliable.

Hi GM,

The rpi is only to ensure Baby-Jets work out-of-the box.

Anything other (more robust) hardware you can get to run Raspbian is simple to drop in as a substitute.

We are only including a chassis, rpi controller, cooling, and PSU to get everyone running ASAP.

But we don't want to sell boxes any longer than absolutely necessary, so everything (except the GN ASIC itself) is designed to be modular and open-sourced soon.

We want the community to discover their own brilliant solutions, whether using retail products or custom inventions.

Best,

HF_CL

"Bitcoin enables ordinary people to fight back, to avoid and evade snooping governments, which enact, use and abuse laws that allow them, without due process, to investigate, tax, control and seize privately owned assets."  -   Leon Louw

“We can say without equivocation that firms like MasterCard, Visa and the TBTF banks like JPMorgan and Goldman hate the idea of ever having to compete for business again. They have grown comfortable in their corrupt world of writing laws for themselves without any regulatory oversight. They enjoy the exorbitant privilege of bilking the American economy with extortionary transaction rates. They are scared of Bitcoin. And they should be. It offers transparency, cost efficiency and anonymity.” - Max Kaiser
cypherdoc
Legendary

View Profile
October 11, 2013, 02:16:49 AM

It doesn't say anything of the sort in that blog post it says the USB ports are free.  You're missing the point.  My issue is the lack of clear and accurate information.  We can infer it's USB now from the postings in this forum but what's so difficult about writing a concise overview of how it is all going to work? What about releasing a diagram of the mounting hole spacing for the 'mini-board' and what kind of mounting assembly will be required if we want to try alternative cooling options.

give me a break.

I don't know I haven't read the KNC threads.  Don't you keep saying how HF wants to foster a community around their GN chip.  I don't understand how they expect that to happen.  If you want to compare to KNC they have, for example, specifications of what kind of power supply you need to run their miners and actual photos of devices showing connectors on their company website.  But I don't care what KNC is doing I didn't buy a miner from them.

posting hole spacing on the module is the last thing they have time for.  they're scrambling to just get you the units on time.  then you may not feel a need to use an alternative.  at that point, if you think you can do it better, then would be the time for you to innovate/improve.  not now.
cypherdoc
Legendary

View Profile
October 11, 2013, 02:18:30 AM

Hi,

What's the power requirements to power a Sierra unit? i.e. 10 or 15amp power from wall? or uses ATX PSU?

Thanks,
 QG

Simon has told me to expect a 1500W draw at the wall assuming maximum OC with a safety margin.

and yes, it will run with a std ATX PSU.
Amy Woodward

Activity: 34
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 11, 2013, 02:25:52 AM

There is a lot more great content on the HashFast blog that somehow escaped the forum's notice!

I'm pretty sure most people here have read all the blog content.  Speaking of the blog doesn't the post titled, "Baby Jet Controller" directly contradict what is being said here in this forum?  

On the blog it says, "The Baby Jet ships with a built in Raspberry Pi model B. This acts as the controller for the one or two GN chips in the Baby Jet. The controller talks to the chips over its internal serial port." but in recent posts on this forum company representatives are saying that each "mini-board" will communicate with the controller over USB.

So no the content of the blog hasn't escaped notice which is why I was surprised when it was said that the boards connected to the controller via USB vs. the earlier stated serial connection.

https://hashfast.com/the-baby-jet-controller/

Hi pmorici,

Thanks for the question.

We made the change from serial to USB connection for the Baby Jet so that we could have the same interface for Baby Jets as for the Sierras.

USB also allows us to provide a much richer interface than a serial connection.

And finally, the "serial"/UART interface on the R-Pi is 3.3V levels. The chain connectors on the modules are 1.8V levels. Using the serial interconnection method would have required level translators. Using the USB connection requires a simple USB cable.

Cheers,
Amy

Amy Woodward
VP Engineering
HashFast Technologies
jjiimm_64
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 11, 2013, 03:50:15 AM

Now I am pretty confused...

1.  Will I be able to use cgminer or bfgminer with a BJ ?
2.  will there be a start mining for dummies included when I receive my units.?

OR

do I have to compile a miner on a rpi?

help!

1jimbitm6hAKTjKX4qurCNQubbnk2YsFw
cypherdoc
Legendary

View Profile
October 11, 2013, 03:52:03 AM

Now I am pretty confused...

1.  Will I be able to use cgminer or bfgminer with a BJ ?
2.  will there be a start mining for dummies included when I receive my units.?

OR

do I have to compile a miner on a rpi?

help!

it'll come preinstalled with cgminer which ckolivas has already seen and will be working on.
gnar1ta$
Donator

Activity: 798
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 11, 2013, 04:02:01 AM

it'll come preinstalled with cgminer which ckolivas has already seen and will be working on.

I think this gets overlooked a lot.  Having an experienced mining software developer woking on product software before launch has not been usual way around here.  It's a very nice change and I'm looking forward to the results. +1 to hashfast for being proactive on this.

Losing hundreds of Bitcoins with the best scammers in the business - BFL, Avalon, KNC, HashFast.
cypherdoc
Legendary

View Profile
October 11, 2013, 04:08:35 AM

I think this gets overlooked a lot.  Having an experienced mining software developer woking on product software before launch has not been usual way around here.  It's a very nice change and I'm looking forward to the results. +1 to hashfast for being proactive on this.

to be even clearer, ckolivas is slated to get one of the first BJ's to actively work on and update.  only after i get my Order #1, Batch #1 though.  Wink
DPoS

Activity: 462

View Profile
October 11, 2013, 04:23:27 AM

only after i get my Order #1, Batch #1 though.  Wink

what day will that be?

~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~Play Boardgames for Bitcoins!!~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~ Something I say help? Donate BTC! 1KN1K1xStzsgfYxdArSX4PEjFfcLEuYhid
Visesrion

Activity: 826
Merit: 314

GIF by SOCIFI

View Profile
October 11, 2013, 04:48:13 AM

Any news about hosting ?

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄                          ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
             █████████████████                   █████████████████
         █████████████████████████           █████████████████████████
       █████████████████████████████       █████████████████████████████
     █████████████████████████████████   █████████████████████████████████
   ████████████▀           ▀██████████████████████████████████████████████
  ████████████▄▄███████████▄▄█████████▓▓▓███████████████████████████████████
 ▐██████████████▀         ▀██████████▓▓▓▓████████████████████████████████████
 ██████████████▄▄█████████▄▄█████████▓▓▓▓▓████████████████████████████████████
▐█████████████████▀      ▀██████████▓▓▓▓▓▓████████████████████████████████████▌
▐████████████████▄▄██████▄▄█████████▓▓▓▓▓▓▓███████████████████████████████████▌
▐██████████████████      ███████████▓▓▓▓▓▓▓███████████████████████████████████▌
▐██████████████████ ████ ████████████▓▓▓▓▓████████████████████████████████████
 ██████████████████ ████ ████████████▓▓▓▓▓███████████████    ████████████████
  █████████████████ ████ █████████████▓▓▓████████████████   █████████████   █
   ████████████████      ███████████████████████████████    ███████████
    ██████████████████████████████████ ██████████████████     ████████
      ███████████████████████████████     █████████████████
        ███████████████████████████         █████████████████▓
           ████████████████████                ███████████████████▓
               ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀                       ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄████████▄▄▄
▄▄██████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
▄████████████████████████████▄
████████████████████████████████
▓████████████████████████████████▓
███████████████████████▒░███████████
▄█████████████████▒░      ███████████▄
█████████████░░          ░████████████
█████████░              ░█████████████
██████████▓░░          ░██████████████
██████████████▓░       ███████████████
▀███████████████▒     ░██████████████▀
████████████████▒   ░███████████████
████████████████░ ░███████████████
████████████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████████▀
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀██████████████████▀▀
 ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
JOIN OUR
TELEGRAM
cypherdoc
Legendary

View Profile
October 11, 2013, 04:56:16 AM

what day will that be?

no one knows exactly for sure but i'm still hoping for last week October.
DPoS

View Profile
October 11, 2013, 05:40:41 AM

what day will that be?

no one knows exactly for sure but i'm still hoping for last week October.

no one knows but they have everything taken care of...  you still got more shillin left in the tank in the KNC thread?

~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~Play Boardgames for Bitcoins!!~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~ Something I say help? Donate BTC! 1KN1K1xStzsgfYxdArSX4PEjFfcLEuYhid
ur0pl

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 11, 2013, 05:56:56 AM
Last edit: October 11, 2013, 06:12:58 AM by ur0pl

So, the overclock speed of a babyjet is 540 gh/s? The screen also shows that it has 0 % hardware errors, is that true?
-ck
Legendary

Activity: 4088
Merit: 1631

Ruu \o/

View Profile WWW
October 11, 2013, 06:32:17 AM

So, the overclock speed of a babyjet is 540 gh/s? The screen also shows that it has 0 % hardware errors, is that true?
The device doesn't exist yet so no idea where you saw that.

Developer/maintainer for cgminer, ckpool/ckproxy, and the -ck kernel
2% Fee Solo mining at solo.ckpool.org
-ck
joshv06

Activity: 991
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 11, 2013, 08:29:42 AM

Can we please get a picture of something? A Chip, a PC Case, a PSU, something?

What kind of PSU's will these be using? What kind of cases?

We are 9 days away, and still no pics of a rig. Just a cartoon sketch up.

D A I L Y -  C R Y P T O  -  G I V E W A Y S
▬▬ ●●     Your source for daily free giveaways !    ●● ▬▬
DISCORD    -    TWITTER    -    WEBSITE
itod
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1075

^ Will code for Bitcoins

View Profile
October 11, 2013, 09:30:07 AM

give me a break.

It shows you don't read KnC thread, otherwise you would appreciate responsiveness of several HashFast people here. They are miles ahead of KnC, which left the communication to the outside world to sub-par self hosed forum, and non-employe (Bitshilldrama) on this forum.
DPoS

View Profile
October 11, 2013, 02:41:35 PM

It shows you don't read KnC thread, otherwise you would appreciate responsiveness of several HashFast people here. They are miles ahead of KnC, which left the communication to the outside world to sub-par self hosed forum, and non-employe (Bitshilldrama) on this forum.

that praise was said for KNC just a few weeks ago too..  wait till the rubber hits the road on this babyjet once it ever leaves the garage

Pages: « 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 [60] 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 ... 586 »
  Print  

Jump to: