Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 07:06:24 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 [64] 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 ... 586 »
  Print  
Author Topic: HashFast announces specs for new ASIC: 400GH/s  (Read 880232 times)
Puppet
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1040

View Profile
October 13, 2013, 06:54:28 AM

This statement needs to be clarified and was released prematurely. We are currently in the final stages of an internal discussion about how to further protect miners moving forward for customers that opt into purchasing it.

We have preliminarily decided to further protect our miners that opt in for the miner protection at a higher price point, and provide full modules for orders placed in Batch 2 and 3.

So you are selling a protection program but you are yet to decide what it actually entails ? Huh

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
DPoS

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 13, 2013, 07:01:50 AM

This statement needs to be clarified and was released prematurely. We are currently in the final stages of an internal discussion about how to further protect miners moving forward for customers that opt into purchasing it.

We have preliminarily decided to further protect our miners that opt in for the miner protection at a higher price point, and provide full modules for orders placed in Batch 2 and 3.

So you are selling a protection program but you are yet to decide what it actually entails ? Huh

they have to put all that legalese talk in there like 'not responsible for acts of god turning off the internet' etc...  probably put some cap figures in there too and other CYAs

all insurance plans are full of smiles until the storm comes

~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~Play Boardgames for Bitcoins!!~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~ Something I say help? Donate BTC! 1KN1K1xStzsgfYxdArSX4PEjFfcLEuYhid
Paladin69

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 13, 2013, 07:23:55 AM

asic developers are growing too greedy.  go away.
itod
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1075

^ Will code for Bitcoins

View Profile
October 13, 2013, 08:24:19 AM

Hashfast first batch customers paid 2.5x the current sale prices— part of that was that the MPP made the risk of paying so much on a pre-order somewhat reduced (at least the risk of massive hashrate growth on a product months out was reduced, and that risk is increasingly looking like a reality).

But if later MPP customers get ready-to-plug PCBs it means that raw chips issued to initial batch customers may be worthless, as there might not even be a secondary market to get those chips lit up with. So if you're suggesting that you'd give first batch MPP customers a weaker deal than later ones, I hope you do consider this carefully.  If MPP fires off it may already mean that customers aren't getting their investment back, giving people useless chips and no solid path to make use of them would add insult to injury and might turn a reputation boosting program into a reputation hurting one.

Read again. Nobody is getting raw chips, every batch protected by MPP will get fully functional miner boards if they don't mine enough coins to break even.
gmaxwell
Legendary

Activity: 4158
Merit: 8382

View Profile WWW
October 13, 2013, 08:50:16 AM

Read again. Nobody is getting raw chips, every batch protected by MPP will get fully functional miner boards if they don't mine enough coins to break even.
Thats what it said, and then there was a quasi-retraction following it which can be read as suggesting there would be a difference between MPP in batch 1 and later. I'm not assuming there will be, but if they are considering that— I was suggesting they consider harder. Smiley
Puppet
Legendary

View Profile
October 13, 2013, 09:09:23 AM

I think everyone is getting wayyyy ahead of themselves. HashFast's intention (be clear at the moment or not) seems to have the tone of "we will be taking care of you" - I know we all want details/specifics now now now but that's not the case.. at the moment.. I'm more than confident that HF will come up with a solid and thought out solution for the MPP. How about we just wait for an official announcement instead of taking a statement, context or not, and turning it into something it isn't?

Id be fine with waiting, if it weren't for the fact they are selling it today.
If you like, you can order a miner protection program from me as well. i will "take care of you" for only $2000. Details will be provided after you paid.
Puppet
Legendary

View Profile
October 13, 2013, 09:20:52 AM

The point you are trying to make is very cute.. Except you aren't HashFast with a backbone and history. You and I both know they aren't going to screw anyone over with under delivering an MPP program. If anything all the noise you trolls make has made them upgrade what was previously expected. Before, it was RAW chips for the MPP, and nobody complained.. now they are saying they will be providing (again, they will refine their statement and update us) with chips+ boards and everything ready to go. So, they took a financial hit and gave you more, yet you still cry? You fit your name, I won't read too much into this. All we can do is wait for an official statement from HF.

HF's trackrecord so far is taking a few million dollar in preorders and not shipping a damn thing yet.  So far they have not proven anything.
But by all means, send them more money for something undisclosed and count on them to give you something worthwhile in return.
Puppet
Legendary

View Profile
October 13, 2013, 09:37:23 AM

Not sure what's with your negative tone.. are you mad you weren't able to get in on early mining? Another backseat driver? You guys are a dime a dozen.. and like the rest of you, pretty sure you will fall silent once products begin delivery. I've seen it once (early avalon), I've seen it twice (knc), let us make it thrice (hf) Smiley

Oh I got in early enough all right,  dont worry about me. I was mining happily when difficulty was <1M. I also got out early enough to avoid getting screwed by any asic manufacturer.

Im also not saying HF wont deliver, but you are beyond naive if you think HF is not in this to make a profit for itself rather than for its miners. No asic provider to date has on average allowed its customers to make any profit (not even asicminer, they made their shareholders profit).  They all made quite a bit of profit for themselves though. HF is not going to be an exception to this rule.

edit: maybe bitfury customers are the only exception to this rule. At least so far.
crumbs

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 13, 2013, 12:47:58 PM

...You guys are a dime a dozen.. and like the rest of you, pretty sure you will fall silent once products begin delivery. I've seen it once (early avalon), I've seen it twice (knc), let us make it thrice (hf) Smiley

Investing in ASICs has proven to be substantially less profitable than investing in scratch cards at your local bodega.  Sure, there are a few winners, but overall?  Fail & AIDS.

I've seen it once (BFL)
I've seen it twice (Avalon)
I've seen it thrice (Terrahash)
I've seen it four times (Labcoin)
I've seen it five times (AsicMiner)
[...NO EXCEPTIONS...]
And now there's wailing and gnashing of teeth in the KNC thread even as the *day one* buyers, the ones who paid in early July June, are realizing they won't break even Sad
Jaw-dropping history of of failure, but hope's the last thing to die. Buy buy buy.

Rampion
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018

View Profile
October 13, 2013, 05:41:24 PM

...You guys are a dime a dozen.. and like the rest of you, pretty sure you will fall silent once products begin delivery. I've seen it once (early avalon), I've seen it twice (knc), let us make it thrice (hf) Smiley

Investing in ASICs has proven to be substantially less profitable than investing in scratch cards at your local bodega.  Sure, there are a few winners, but overall?  Fail & AIDS.

I've seen it once (BFL)
I've seen it twice (Avalon)
I've seen it thrice (Terrahash)
I've seen it four times (Labcoin)
I've seen it five times (AsicMiner)
[...NO EXCEPTIONS...]
And now there's wailing and gnashing of teeth in the KNC thread even as the *day one* buyers, the ones who paid in early July June, are realizing they won't break even Sad
Jaw-dropping history of of failure, but hope's the last thing to die. Buy buy buy.

And the more people buy, the deeper in red everybody will be.

donch

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

Updated ironic image.

View Profile
October 13, 2013, 06:32:10 PM

it's about attacking ppl.  who initiates that around here?  answer: you.

have i ever started attacking you out of the blue in an unprovoked manner?  no.  did i start out by attacking erdouchen?  no.  you guys come in here and other places and attack ppl's integrity for no reason.

the only one i've been asking questions of is Rama.  and in my last post this morning i said i was sorry for him.  i think he's being used by KNC if he indeed hasn't been or isn't going to be paid.

Cypherdoc, you are spamming this thread with nothing useful. Everybody here wants information about KNC hardware and its delivery status.

You attack Bitcoinorama relentlessly and have your own thread for that purpose that you have the freedom of:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=273026.msg3331277

Stop attention-seeking and return there. Or go and write a newsletter, or something.

i did not attack him this morning.  i only asked him to clarify his status with KNC.  which revealed the following facts:

1.  he has not been paid and apparently there is no promise to be paid or even employed.
2.  his trip to Sweden will be paid by KNC.
3.  non-employed Rama is being used to help assemble, package, ship, and promote/provide communications for the company.

all useful and accurate info which is why Rama is not in here fighting me tooth and nail.  cue Hempstock and erdouchen attacks.  

as i said, i actually feel sorry for him and think he's being used.

all that being said, you're right about wasting my time in here.

Quoted in full from the KNC thread.

To any representative of Hashfast monitoring this thread:

Please discuss with your paid representative, Cypherdoc, the consequences of making personal attacks on an individual who is helping forum members get information on their orders from your competitor in Sweden. He is sullying the reputation of your company by resorting to petty tactics, such as continually posting FUD, negativity and personal slander. This is influencing my decision to consider purchasing from you in the future.

Thank you.

"How are you justifying these as fair use?  They are clearly and unequivocally a copyright violation."
"I really want to know how you justify that under the fair use doctrine?  It does not conform to a single point of fair use."
Josh whining about people reusing his studio portrait shot on this forum. Can you copyright a copyright complaint? All Paypal refunds are final.
cypherdoc
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1002

View Profile
October 13, 2013, 06:44:03 PM

Please discuss with your paid representative, Cypherdoc

if only you'd be willing to read.  i am not getting paid.
ecliptic

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 13, 2013, 06:48:11 PM

I think everyone is getting wayyyy ahead of themselves. HashFast's intention (be clear at the moment or not) seems to have the tone of "we will be taking care of you" - I know we all want details/specifics now now now but that's not the case.. at the moment.. I'm more than confident that HF will come up with a solid and thought out solution for the MPP. How about we just wait for an official announcement instead of taking a statement, context or not, and turning it into something it isn't?

Id be fine with waiting, if it weren't for the fact they are selling it today.
If you like, you can order a miner protection program from me as well. i will "take care of you" for only $2000. Details will be provided after you paid.

The point you are trying to make is very cute.. Except you aren't HashFast with a backbone and history. You and I both know they aren't going to screw anyone over with under delivering an MPP program.

Why not?

What's fucking stopping them?

They only take bitcoin for a reason

They are currently more along the lines of Avalon than KNCminer.

Having a explicitly detailed and explained miner "protection" plan will mitigate this counterparty risk at least a little bit
donch

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

Updated ironic image.

View Profile
October 13, 2013, 06:53:35 PM

Please discuss with your paid representative, Cypherdoc

if only you'd be willing to read.  i am not getting paid.

Completely bored of communicating with you and unmotivated to explain that "paid" is a verb in the past tense. Semantics will not help you. Please keep your anti-Bitcoinorama obsession out of the KNC thread.

"How are you justifying these as fair use?  They are clearly and unequivocally a copyright violation."
"I really want to know how you justify that under the fair use doctrine?  It does not conform to a single point of fair use."
Josh whining about people reusing his studio portrait shot on this forum. Can you copyright a copyright complaint? All Paypal refunds are final.
crumbs

Activity: 210

View Profile
October 13, 2013, 07:18:17 PM

...The point you are trying to make is very cute.. Except you aren't HashFast with a backbone and history.

What backbone, and what history?
Thus far, all Hashfast has delivered is ... nothing.  What history are you referring to?

You and I both know they aren't going to screw anyone over with under delivering an MPP program.

ORLY?  Allow me to quote a later post by Hashfast, from another thread.  Watch the emboldened text, it is quite specific in excluding batch 1 buyers:

Hey Guys,

We’re sorry this went a bit early - we’ll be back with full details as soon as we finalize and get the documentation together.

Cheers,

Team HashFast

[...Wait for more promises...]
DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079

Gerald Davis

View Profile
October 13, 2013, 07:44:00 PM

Endless arguments (KnC's 453454 page thread) get us where? Nowhere. At the end of the day the back and forth of meaningless drama does not affect how soon we're getting our units. MPP details is a different story, they quickly said they will tighten up the policy and announce it, so all we can do is wait for that official announcement.

+1

This. Just wait for final policy.  Obviously someone in the company jumped the gun.  It is the weekend, why not give them until Monday?
BtcBling

Activity: 211

View Profile
October 13, 2013, 07:53:30 PM

Im interested in to order Dec 15 batch BabyJet, but do you have plans to sell upgrade 400 > 800 for it?
Cant buy Sierra as I dont have 1U control unit.

DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079

Gerald Davis

View Profile
October 13, 2013, 08:02:02 PM

Im interested in to order Dec 15 batch BabyJet, but do you have plans to sell upgrade 400 > 800 for it?

You don't need a 1U control unit.  

Each Sierra is self contained (cooling, power, 3x ASIC modules, case, and a controller/host).  The only advantage of the 1U control unit is that it would allow a single host to control up to 10 Sierras (30 hashing modules).  Also HF has indicated that the modules are connected to the "host" by USB.  This means anything which can run cgminer can be a host.  You can use the included rPi host in the Sierra and/or BabyJet or you could connect multiple hashing modules to a dedicated computer for a custom solution.  Although HF hasn't provided the specs my guess is the 1U "control unit" is just an entry level 1U server running some form of linux and cgminer.  Instead of configuring a farm through the 10 Sierra rPi hosts all 30 modules are connected by USB to the single server for ease of management.

Still if you want to go w/ a BabyJet instead, HF has indicated they intend to sell just modules in the future although no date or price has been provided.  A single sierra is likely a better deal though. as to upgrade a Babyjet to handle a second module will require a larger power supply and a second cooling loop (or larger radiator).  The sierra comes out of the box ready from day 1 for 1.2 TH/s.
cypherdoc
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1002

View Profile
October 13, 2013, 08:02:02 PM

yes you could buy Sierra.

anything could be used for controller.  pc, laptop, Raspi.
SolarSilver
Legendary

Activity: 1112
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 13, 2013, 08:25:14 PM

You don't need a 1U control unit.  

Each Sierra is self contained (cooling, power, 3x ASIC modules, case, and a controller/host).  The only advantage of the 1U control unit is that it would allow a single host to control up to 10 Sierras (30 hashing modules).  Also HF has indicated that the modules are connected to the "host" by USB.  This means anything which can run cgminer can be a host.  You can use the included rPi host in the Sierra and/or BabyJet or you could connect multiple hashing modules to a dedicated computer for a custom solution.  Although HF hasn't provided the specs my guess is the 1U "control unit" is just an entry level 1U server running some form of linux and cgminer.  Instead of configuring a farm through the 10 Sierra rPi hosts all 30 modules are connected by USB to the single server for ease of management.

Still if you want to go w/ a BabyJet instead, HF has indicated they intend to sell just modules in the future although no date or price has been provided.  A single sierra is likely a better deal though. as to upgrade a Babyjet to handle a second module will require a larger power supply and a second cooling loop (or larger radiator).  The sierra comes out of the box ready from day 1 for 1.2 TH/s.

I thought so too but it turns out that the BabyJet is self contained, it has the Rapberry Pi, but the Sierra does not:

We don't want to risk overloading the limited resources of a Raspberry Pi by running more than two mini-boards (formerly 'modules') off one of them.

So we recommend something more powerful for one or more Sierras.

so you will have to provide some kind of system running cgminer with USB to hook up the Sierra to.

The Sierra is not self contained
Pages: « 1 ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 [64] 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 ... 586 »
  Print  

Jump to: