Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 01:21:18 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 [72] 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 ... 586 »
  Print  
Author Topic: HashFast announces specs for new ASIC: 400GH/s  (Read 880232 times)
crumbs

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 18, 2013, 12:27:21 AM

as Order #1, i can assure you i will be in constant contact with them regarding expected shipping dates and will keep all of you posted.

the excitement is palpable.  i'm not worried about a slight delay.  i've told them to just get everything right.

Ohai Cypher!  Remember this?  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=270384.msg3267143#msg3267143

"HF is still on track to get chips by October 17 and that is by TSMC's estimate, not HF's"

What's up -- every question is interesting but the one about the chips showing up (or "silicone," as me & Amy call 'em Cool)

yeah, turns out there is a window of time to get them out.  Oct 17 was the earliest.  tiz the way it goes, crumbs.

So no chips.  You do realize that most of the world interprets "chips by October 17" to mean "on or before," right?  The window *closes* on the 17th, it is no longer open.  Seventeenth is *the latest*.

Learn to spin better or stop.

BTW, how can Amy tell us that Hashfast's on track with the chips just as the deadline's blown?   Amy, did you even blush?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
cypherdoc
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1002

View Profile
October 18, 2013, 12:29:43 AM

as Order #1, i can assure you i will be in constant contact with them regarding expected shipping dates and will keep all of you posted.

the excitement is palpable.  i'm not worried about a slight delay.  i've told them to just get everything right.

Ohai Cypher!  Remember this?  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=270384.msg3267143#msg3267143

"HF is still on track to get chips by October 17 and that is by TSMC's estimate, not HF's"

What's up -- every question is interesting but the one about the chips showing up (or "silicone," as me & Amy call 'em Cool)

yeah, turns out there is a window of time to get them out.  Oct 17 was the earliest.  tiz the way it goes, crumbs.

So no chips.  You do realize that most of the world interprets "chips by October 17" to mean "on or before," right?  The window *closes* on the 17th, it is no longer open.  Seventeenth is *the latest*.

if anyone should be upset, i should.  i'm the one with the HF order that will be delayed.  what exactly is your beef?
crumbs

View Profile
October 18, 2013, 12:33:35 AM

the excitement is palpable.  i'm not worried about a slight delay.  i've told them to just get everything right.

Ohai Cypher!  Remember this?  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=270384.msg3267143#msg3267143

yeah, turns out there is a window of time to get them out.  Oct 17 was the earliest.  tiz the way it goes, crumbs.

if anyone should be upset, i should.  i'm the one with the HF order that will be delayed.  what exactly is your beef?

My beef is the amount of boldfaced lying that goes on on this forum.  People like you shit up bitcoin for the rest of us, GET IT?

Edit:  And if there's anyone i won't shed a tear for, it's you -- their paid shill.  Hope you lose it all, buddy.
cypherdoc
Legendary

View Profile
October 18, 2013, 12:37:18 AM

if anyone should be upset, i should.  i'm the one with the HF order that will be delayed.  what exactly is your beef?

My beef is the amount of boldfaced lying that goes on on this forum.  People like you shit up bitcoin for the rest of us, GET IT?

actually, everything i've read from you indicate you're anti-Bitcoin.  you never have anything positive to say about mining yet you spend your entire time here trolling.  

i find that very strange Mr. Never Mined a Bitcoin in My Life and Never Will.

still not getting paid by HF.
Amy Woodward

Activity: 34
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 18, 2013, 12:39:19 AM

I'm at a BTC meetup in Sunnyvale, where the Hashfast VP of Engineering is giving a talk right now.

This is admittedly rather time-sensitive, but if anyone has any questions, I'll be happy to ask 'em!

Ask if they're still on schedule for shipping next week.

Not surprisingly, this was indeed one of the questions that came up last night.

And, as of a few days ago, ... ...  it looks like we're probably going to slip, by about a week.

Ironically, not because of the silicon, even though that is the part of the system that takes the longest to manufacture. That's going through the foundry smoothly. But we ran into a delay sourcing one of our other components.

So you got the chips today?  It's the 17th, your projected date for getting the chips from TSMC?  Am i misremembering?  

Trolls are funny.

This is what, the eighth time you've posted this hour? The eighth time in one hour you repeat what you hope is an embarrassing question?

The process at the foundry is going well. Someone posted an optimistic date, one I personally did not approve of nor condone. (Sorry, cypherdoc.)

And I cannot give any other dates for the foundry. I can tell you when they pop out of the oven, nothing sooner.

But honestly the foundry is not important, because that is not what will ultimately delay us. That delayed component is what is pushing our date out. Funny that you harp on the foundry when you could be harping on delayed shipping instead.

I do wonder - what else is going on today, that these repeated 'embarrassing' posts are supposed to distract us from?

Amy

.... Who is somewhat regretting her decision to hang out on the forums this afternoon.

P.S. If people DO have other questions about HashFast, please feel free to send them my way.

Amy Woodward

View Profile
October 18, 2013, 12:42:00 AM

I do wonder - what else is going on today, that these repeated 'embarrassing' posts are supposed to distract us from?

Of course, maybe there is nothing else going on today. Just another day on the forums.

Cheers,
Amy

crumbs

View Profile
October 18, 2013, 12:52:12 AM

the excitement is palpable.  i'm not worried about a slight delay.  i've told them to just get everything right.

Ohai Cypher!  Remember this?  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=270384.msg3267143#msg3267143

yeah, turns out there is a window of time to get them out.  Oct 17 was the earliest.  tiz the way it goes, crumbs.

if anyone should be upset, i should.  i'm the one with the HF order that will be delayed.  what exactly is your beef?

My beef is the amount of boldfaced lying that goes on on this forum.  People like you shit up bitcoin for the rest of us, GET IT?

actually, everything i've read from you indicate you're anti-Bitcoin.  you never have anything positive to say about mining yet you spend your entire time here trolling. 

Sucks being caught in a lie, huh?   Just promise to stick around & let me gawk.  Don't vanish as soon as it dawns on you that while you were conning everyone else, you've got suckered too.  
Pre-ordered my popcorn from your competition, don't make me waste it Cheesy
Amy Woodward

View Profile
October 18, 2013, 12:57:58 AM

P.S. If people DO have other questions about HashFast, please feel free to send them my way.

Maybe I'll post a bit about the mysterious Sierra Controller.

(drum roll please.....)

"The Controller" is simply a computer that can run cgminer, and has a USB port.

That's it.

We're recommending it be a linux box, but other than that it could be most anything: Your desktop. That old laptop that's been sitting in your closet for the last few months. A 1U (or 2U, if you prefer) linux server that is rack-mountable. Or even a Raspberry Pi.

Though until we can do more testing, we don't know how many Sierras a single Raspberry Pi could control.

A single Sierra is a 1.2THash/sec machine, remember. So the difficulty setting you choose has a lot to do with how chatty that Sierra will be. (We obviously do not recommend using a difficulty level of 1 or 2 on a Sierra. It'd be a waste.)

So, if you want, you can BUY a low-end linux server to act as the controller for the Sierra(s) that you have bought. (And of course, with every order of 10 or more we provide that controller.)

But it's quite probable (if you're a geek) that you already have a computer around that you can plug your 1.2 THash/sec Sierras into.
cypherdoc
Legendary

View Profile
October 18, 2013, 12:59:53 AM

My beef is the amount of boldfaced lying that goes on on this forum.  People like you shit up bitcoin for the rest of us, GET IT?

actually, everything i've read from you indicate you're anti-Bitcoin.  you never have anything positive to say about mining yet you spend your entire time here trolling. 

Sucks being caught in a lie, huh?   Just promise to stick around & let me gawk.  Don't vanish as soon as it dawns on you that while you were conning everyone else, you've got suckered too.  

why you so full of malice?  there is a chart that shows Oct 17 as the earliest possible date in a range of dates.  they're late.  nothing i can do about it.

i'll ask again, crumbs.  why do you hang out here so much when you don't have any miner orders?  certainly your time is worth more than just trolling?  or is it?  or perhaps you're getting paid to troll?  who's hired you? 

your orange button shows you're doing a good job of it.
crumbs

View Profile
October 18, 2013, 01:00:51 AM

I'm at a BTC meetup in Sunnyvale, where the Hashfast VP of Engineering is giving a talk right now.

This is admittedly rather time-sensitive, but if anyone has any questions, I'll be happy to ask 'em!

Ask if they're still on schedule for shipping next week.

Not surprisingly, this was indeed one of the questions that came up last night.

And, as of a few days ago, ... ...  it looks like we're probably going to slip, by about a week.

Ironically, not because of the silicon, even though that is the part of the system that takes the longest to manufacture. That's going through the foundry smoothly. But we ran into a delay sourcing one of our other components.

So you got the chips today?  It's the 17th, your projected date for getting the chips from TSMC?  Am i misremembering?  

Trolls are funny.

This is what, the eighth time you've posted this hour? The eighth time in one hour you repeat what you hope is an embarrassing question?

Amy, let me rephrase it for you:  I had to ask the same frickin' question eight times, and eight times have been ignored.  And when i got a reply, it wasn't an answer, it was an insult.  Learn to manners plox Angry
crumbs

View Profile
October 18, 2013, 01:09:19 AM

why you so full of malice?  there is a chart that shows Oct 17 as the earliest possible date in a range of dates.  they're late.  nothing i can do about it.

i'll ask again, crumbs.  why do you hang out here so much when you don't have any miner orders?  certainly your time is worth more than just trolling?  or is it?  or perhaps you're getting paid to troll?  who's hired you? 

your orange button shows you're doing a good job of it.

Don't worry about my time, or who hired me -- the tinfoil and a string of garlic should keep you safe.  And wtf are you talking about?  What chart?  You were perfectly clear when you said "chips by October 17."  Nothing ambiguous, no chart needed.  If there's a chart on the page i've linked, feel free to rub my nose in it, otherwise stfu, k?
starsoccer9
Legendary

Activity: 1630
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 18, 2013, 01:18:04 AM

Well as far as I am concerned anything after october 30th I would consider as late
Threader

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 18, 2013, 01:26:04 AM

As much venom as I spat in the BFL threads at least I had orders and refused refunds and chargebacks.

Peeps with no cash in game trolling is pure loser trollish
DPoS

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 18, 2013, 01:32:16 AM

as eve would say...  'where are the chips???'

~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~Play Boardgames for Bitcoins!!~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~ Something I say help? Donate BTC! 1KN1K1xStzsgfYxdArSX4PEjFfcLEuYhid
crumbs

View Profile
October 18, 2013, 01:37:32 AM

As much venom as I spat in the BFL threads at least I had orders and refused refunds and chargebacks.

Peeps with no cash in game trolling is pure loser trollish

Lol, u got pwnt by BFL & come straight over here Cheesy  A decent feller, just can't catch an even break Cheesy
cypherdoc
Legendary

View Profile
October 18, 2013, 01:46:01 AM

https://hashfast.com/were-upping-the-power-on-hashfast-rigs/
amer

Activity: 168

View Profile
October 18, 2013, 01:52:59 AM

Amy,

Any ETA on seeing the Batch 2 BabyJet order chain on the website?

tips: 1amerApYUVjsKSuVUtfjxaoi7QXG7Zwao
cypherdoc
Legendary

View Profile
October 18, 2013, 02:15:36 AM

wow, that's a very cool setup that i hadn't even seen.

notice 2 of the modules are stacked.  1 of the radiators is flipped upside down to accommodate this stacked setup.  also, i'm glad to see that 2 of the fans have been moved to the back to provide exhaust.  also note that we have 2 Seasonic PSU's in place to drive the 3 modules.

good job!
Amy Woodward

View Profile
October 18, 2013, 02:32:52 AM

notice 2 of the modules are stacked.  1 of the radiators is flipped upside down to accommodate this stacked setup.  also, i'm glad to see that 2 of the fans have been moved to the back to provide exhaust.  also note that we have 2 Seasonic PSU's in place to drive the 3 modules.

Yes, I got two questions on this already so let me clarify: there are three modules in that image of the Sierra. Two are on the bottom layer (side by side), and one module seated above.

This let us have better airflow in the case (and more room for the SeaSonic PSUs).

DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079

Gerald Davis

View Profile
October 18, 2013, 02:38:36 AM

Yes, I got two questions on this already so let me clarify: there are three modules in that image of the Sierra. Two are on the bottom layer (side by side), and one module seated above.

This let us have better airflow in the case (and more room for the SeaSonic PSUs).

Why two power supplies?  How are 3 modules connected to two power supplies?  Are they producing redundancy?  If so how is that achieved? Is each power supply connected to each board (would imply two power connections pwe board)?  Wouldn't one large power supply be sufficient, cheaper, and take up less space?
Pages: « 1 ... 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 [72] 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 ... 586 »
  Print  

Jump to: