Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 11:40:59 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 [88] 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 ... 586 »
  Print  
Author Topic: HashFast announces specs for new ASIC: 400GH/s  (Read 880232 times)
DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079

Gerald Davis

View Profile
October 24, 2013, 01:37:11 AM

OT: DeathAndTaxes have you invested in HF ?

I have purchased a single BabyJet for evaulation.  For full disclosure I also have purchased an evaluation KNC Saturn and Bitfury "Starter".  I intend to experiment with immersion cooling and using the waste heat for hot water and heating applications.   If/when I make a large purchase it will be in the future when hopefully hashrate is more predictable and prices ($/GH) are lower.

For my needs the Hashfast boards seem to be optimal (I don't really care about cases, power supplies, or cooling units).  The high energy density and abilitity to connect an arbitrary number of hashing boards to one host (potentially hundred feet away outside the immersion cooling tank) is a good fit.   Well at least on paper.   Lets see what they deliver. 
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bargraphics

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

Every man is guilty of all the good he did not do.

View Profile
October 24, 2013, 01:38:07 AM

try to degrade and if possible destroy the competition so that their Jupiters/Saturns provide the ROI that they never will.

Going to have to disagree with you on that "never will" personally, especially with HashFast now being somewhat delayed.

Still hoping that HashFast figures out their issues so IceDrill can get to mining.
cypherdoc
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1002

View Profile
October 24, 2013, 01:38:33 AM

cypherdoc;
do not feed people that are just looking to fight...
It pains me to see so many people I have on ignore popping up in your replies because you quote them, you are making all my well thought out 'ignores' redundant.
just use ignore, trust me.    Nothing will be missed that is of value.

it's ok Minor.  i'm a big boy.  i can handle them myself.

the KNC trolls have a well documented method of attack.  first, one will deliver an unprovoked personal attack against me.  they start it EVERY SINGLE TIME.  something along the lines of how stupid HF was to hire me.  this is a feeble attempt to make them look bad by making me look bad.  we're all bad!

this is then followed by a pile on by other KNC trolls.  we all know who they are.  their motivation is clear; try to degrade and if possible destroy the competition so that their Jupiters/Saturns provide the ROI that they never will.

and yes, i will respond.
I like reading your econ stuff cypherdoc but I was just curious how do their personal attacks on you can "degrade and if possible destroy the competition so that their Jupiters/Saturns provide the ROI that they never will."?

by bringing into question their decision making.

never mind that i helped them sell out Batch 1 in 18 days. it would've been 2 days if they hadn't had the webcart problems at the start.

it's a stupid strategy b/c their motivations are so clear.  personally attacking ppl around here does them no good.
WastedLTC

Activity: 776
Merit: 536

View Profile
October 24, 2013, 01:44:12 AM

So when MPP kicks in and HF sends out bare chips,  how is everyone planning on building out the rest of the components???

HashFast clarified it won't be bare chips.  It will be processing boards.   I believe the OEM water cooling unit HashFast is using is also available retail from Corsair.  Any CPU waterblock should be compatible if one wants to build a custom system.  The boards connect by USB so any embedded system (rPi, Beagle Board) or entry level PC can be used as a host.   Power is by 6 pin PCIe connectors so any good quality PSU should be fine. 

thanks for clarifying...   I thought this was changed but when I went back to the site it wasn't changed there (under the FAQ and other locations)

cypherdoc
Legendary

View Profile
October 24, 2013, 01:47:36 AM

The high energy density and abilitity to connect an arbitrary number of hashing boards to one host (potentially hundred feet away outside the immersion cooling tank) is a good fit.   Well at least on paper.   Lets see what they deliver. 

this is something i'm interested in as well.

presumably the majority of the distance will be covered by Cat 5e cabling with ethernet jacks at the wall.  at least that's the setup i have. 

what device would one use to connect the USB connector from the Sierra to an ethernet wall jack?
Minor Miner
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1011

Be A Digital Miner

View Profile
October 24, 2013, 01:51:48 AM

cypherdoc;
It pains me to see so many people I have on ignore popping up in your replies because you quote them, you are making all my well thought out 'ignores' redundant.
it's ok Minor.  i'm a big boy.  i can handle them myself.
the KNC trolls have a well documented method of attack.  first, one will deliver an unprovoked personal attack against me.  they start it; EVERY SINGLE TIME.  something along the lines of how stupid HF was to hire me.  this is a feeble attempt to make them look bad by making me look bad.  we're all bad!
this is then followed by a pile on by other KNC trolls.  we all know who they are.  their motivation is clear; try to degrade and if possible destroy the competition so that their Jupiters/Saturns provide the ROI that they never will.
and yes, i will respond to expose them for what they are.
Surely you are mistaken.   They cannot be KNC trolls.   Anyone with a KNC product is too busy trying to figure out which of the 8 versions of the firmware will actually make their miner work vs. fizzle.   There is no way they could be also posting AND playing russian roulette with firmware.   

User705
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1006

First 100% Liquid Stablecoin Backed by Gold

View Profile
October 24, 2013, 01:52:43 AM

cypherdoc;

it's ok Minor.  i'm a big boy.  i can handle them myself.

the KNC trolls have a well documented method of attack.  first, one will deliver an unprovoked personal attack against me.  they start it EVERY SINGLE TIME.  something along the lines of how stupid HF was to hire me.  this is a feeble attempt to make them look bad by making me look bad.  we're all bad!

this is then followed by a pile on by other KNC trolls.  we all know who they are.  their motivation is clear; try to degrade and if possible destroy the competition so that their Jupiters/Saturns provide the ROI that they never will.

and yes, i will respond.
I like reading your econ stuff cypherdoc but I was just curious how do their personal attacks on you can "degrade and if possible destroy the competition so that their Jupiters/Saturns provide the ROI that they never will."?

never mind that i helped them sell out Batch 1 in 18 days. it would've been 2 days if they hadn't had the webcart problems at the start.

it's a stupid strategy b/c their motivations are so clear.  personally attacking ppl around here does them no good.
Sure but again how does it degrade and if possible destroy the competition so that their Jupiters/Saturns provide the ROI that they never will.  If I personally knew that a company was for real and bought their miners then I'd want most people to buy from the other incompetent company and the company I knew to be a good deal to have to lower prices from bad but known to me to be false publicity so I can buy more of their underpriced miners.  Granted as a paid advertiser you are biased but how do you see it differently?

Syke
Legendary

Activity: 3878
Merit: 1193

View Profile
October 24, 2013, 01:55:39 AM

I spoke to a lawyer, showed him the terms of sale and here is what he said:

- Since you had to agree to the terms by checking a box when you purchased they are enforceable.

Unless they conflict with federal regulations. Your lawyer may not be aware of relevant FTC regulations. Have him read over this: http://business.ftc.gov/documents/bus02-business-guide-mail-and-telephone-order-merchandise-rule. Particularly the section on delays.

Buy & Hold
cypherdoc
Legendary

View Profile
October 24, 2013, 02:00:50 AM

cypherdoc;

it's ok Minor.  i'm a big boy.  i can handle them myself.

the KNC trolls have a well documented method of attack.  first, one will deliver an unprovoked personal attack against me.  they start it EVERY SINGLE TIME.  something along the lines of how stupid HF was to hire me.  this is a feeble attempt to make them look bad by making me look bad.  we're all bad!

this is then followed by a pile on by other KNC trolls.  we all know who they are.  their motivation is clear; try to degrade and if possible destroy the competition so that their Jupiters/Saturns provide the ROI that they never will.

and yes, i will respond.

it's a stupid strategy b/c their motivations are so clear.  personally attacking ppl around here does them no good.
Sure but again how does it degrade and if possible destroy the competition so that their Jupiters/Saturns provide the ROI that they never will.  If I personally knew that a company was for real and bought their miners then I'd want most people to buy from the other incompetent company and the company I knew to be a good deal to have to lower prices from bad but known to me to be false publicity so I can buy more of their underpriced miners.  Granted as a paid advertiser you are biased but how do you see it differently?

although the KNC Warriors may be trolls, they're not stupid.  deep down they know HF is a real threat.  in fact, the main threat, as a competing 28 nm company.

altho i disagree with their tactics, i understand what they're trying to do.  

the fact is, the modules Simon has designed, i think, are going to be something special.  i think i know the reason barely any information has been released about them but can't say anything.

User705
Legendary

View Profile
October 24, 2013, 02:08:21 AM

Avoided my entire question and instead threw out a mysterious BS PR insider info line.  Yep time to move on.

cypherdoc
Legendary

View Profile
October 24, 2013, 02:15:11 AM

Avoided my entire question and instead threw out a mysterious BS PR insider info line.  Yep time to move on.

i guess you own a Jupiter too.
User705
Legendary

View Profile
October 24, 2013, 02:36:05 AM

i guess you own a Jupiter too.
ROFL
Swing and a miss.

Hoofprint

Activity: 428
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 24, 2013, 02:39:52 AM

I sent Cara an email
basically saying this delay has blown any chance of any ROI for me and i cant sell my order because their MPP terms state its non transferable
just got the reply.

Hi
I apologize for the updated shipping schedule. I understand how dissapointing this is. We want to ship this to you as soon as possible, but we also want to ship you the best machine possible. The MPP is in place to make sure you do achieve your ROI.

It is not possible to cancel the order. I will check to see if we can do an upgrade to a Sierra.

Thanks,
Cara

DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079

Gerald Davis

View Profile
October 24, 2013, 02:44:37 AM

what device would one use to connect the USB connector from the Sierra to an ethernet wall jack?

USB to Cat5/6 extender

Something like this.  http://www.monoprice.com/Product?p_id=6042&format=2

It is still USB just on cat5 wire.   You can't connect it to an ethernet switch.   Cat5/6 is just a cable.  Ethernet is a protocol.  Ethernet runs on cat5 but with the right hardware so can a lot of other things (music, hdmi, usb, etc).

jjiimm_64
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 24, 2013, 02:48:15 AM

Did anyone else just get an email from hashfast saying your order is now complete?

Yes

1jimbitm6hAKTjKX4qurCNQubbnk2YsFw
Ytterbium

Activity: 238

View Profile WWW
October 24, 2013, 04:35:17 AM

If you're going to purchase miners, especially when the company is using preorders. You can expect there to be delays. Seems every company has delayed their product. It's pretty common in this industry.. Read some BFL threads

My KnC showed up 10 days before the deadline advertised when I ordered it (sometime before the end of October). Oh and I paid for it in USD, so I'll have made a profit if I make a profit in USD.

Fuck me someone start a new thread "hashfast has fucked us even with MMP"

Which is exactly what I said would happen. Even if they'd shipped on time.

It's okay for this company to lie and mistreat us since so many other companies have done it before?  Honestly, we sound like victims of domestic violence.  

What I am trying to say is... I just thought..maybe...just maybe.. HashFast would be different Cry

Their delivery guarantee was in January or Feb, or whatever.  It's not like it wasn't in their fine print.

Visesrion

Activity: 826
Merit: 314

GIF by SOCIFI

View Profile
October 24, 2013, 04:47:17 AM

Well, I got an answer from HF saying that the second batch of sierras is expected ship in the last week of november. That means when they ship us a BJ, someone will get at the same time x3 hashing power than you for the same price. Just perfect way to reward the first batch customers...

The only possibility now on the table is to move all the BJ orders into sierras as I suggested. If not HF will have all the first batch customers really angry  Angry I emailed them with the suggestion, lets see how they move next.

For me, or they make this movement or HF is over

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄                          ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
             █████████████████                   █████████████████
         █████████████████████████           █████████████████████████
       █████████████████████████████       █████████████████████████████
     █████████████████████████████████   █████████████████████████████████
   ████████████▀           ▀██████████████████████████████████████████████
  ████████████▄▄███████████▄▄█████████▓▓▓███████████████████████████████████
 ▐██████████████▀         ▀██████████▓▓▓▓████████████████████████████████████
 ██████████████▄▄█████████▄▄█████████▓▓▓▓▓████████████████████████████████████
▐█████████████████▀      ▀██████████▓▓▓▓▓▓████████████████████████████████████▌
▐████████████████▄▄██████▄▄█████████▓▓▓▓▓▓▓███████████████████████████████████▌
▐██████████████████      ███████████▓▓▓▓▓▓▓███████████████████████████████████▌
▐██████████████████ ████ ████████████▓▓▓▓▓████████████████████████████████████
 ██████████████████ ████ ████████████▓▓▓▓▓███████████████    ████████████████
  █████████████████ ████ █████████████▓▓▓████████████████   █████████████   █
   ████████████████      ███████████████████████████████    ███████████
    ██████████████████████████████████ ██████████████████     ████████
      ███████████████████████████████     █████████████████
        ███████████████████████████         █████████████████▓
           ████████████████████                ███████████████████▓
               ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀                       ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄████████▄▄▄
▄▄██████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
▄████████████████████████████▄
████████████████████████████████
▓████████████████████████████████▓
███████████████████████▒░███████████
▄█████████████████▒░      ███████████▄
█████████████░░          ░████████████
█████████░              ░█████████████
██████████▓░░          ░██████████████
██████████████▓░       ███████████████
▀███████████████▒     ░██████████████▀
████████████████▒   ░███████████████
████████████████░ ░███████████████
████████████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████████▀
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀██████████████████▀▀
 ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
JOIN OUR
TELEGRAM
regular

Activity: 297
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 24, 2013, 05:03:54 AM

Agreed. How they treat their first customers who put the most faith in them will have a big impact on repeat sales in the future.
Ytterbium

Activity: 238

View Profile WWW
October 24, 2013, 05:15:23 AM

Agreed. How they treat their first customers who put the most faith in them will have a big impact on repeat sales in the future.

There's not even going to be any money in making ASICs next year, the margins will be razor thin with so much competition. Hashfast can go out of business after the first few rounds and retire rich.

opentoe
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000

Personal text my ass....

View Profile WWW
October 24, 2013, 05:52:05 AM

We are all getting screwed, no matter how you look at it. Do you really think a lot of people will be interested in buying KNC's generation 2 products when their 1st products can't even break even? It will be the same story for all the mining manufacturing. They are all trying t act the best to make the most sales and make some kind of profit. Apparently a miner that that puts out 400-500Gh/s has to be pretty dirt cheap for anyone to buy going forward. I keep seeing the BFL advertisements on here for their 600Gh/s card for almost $5,000. And that won't even be available until late in the year or early next year. Who in their right mine would ever buy one or even many of those? It doesn't all boil down to electricity costs.

Need help with your Newznab usenet indexer? http://www.newznabforums.com
Pages: « 1 ... 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 [88] 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 ... 586 »
  Print  

Jump to: