Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 06:17:23 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 [98] 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 ... 586 »
  Print  
Author Topic: HashFast announces specs for new ASIC: 400GH/s  (Read 880232 times)
RoadStress
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1007

View Profile
October 26, 2013, 09:46:05 AM

@cedivad

As a hero member, you should know what the risks are in bitcoin land.  I didn't get KNC because I was uncomfortable with ordering  from another country.  I weighed the pros cons of HF and purchased a few BJ.   I am still hoping to get my bitcoins back.

I am more interested in getting these miniboards....  who cares about cases and power supplies.... I just want the miniboards. I will treat them like  the new GPU.

It is a too early to be talking law suits... jeeezz....  take a chil pill... smoke a joint.. have a drink... go get laid... something other then what you've been doing Wink

cedivad is refusing to listen to reason these days.

He's in a dissociative fugue state, unable to think rationally, so great is his pique and so massive his sense of entitlement.

Let cedivad bawl like a spoiled little girl told she's not getting a pony for Christmas.

Let him waste money on lawyers and time on premature FTC complaints.

Have a laugh at his expense as the brat sets his hair on fire and runs around screaming bloody murder.

When cedivad sobers up, he'll be embarrassed by his pathetic behavior. 

As he should be.  Mature adults don't melt down and go postal at the first hint of bad news or slight disappointment.

At least he didn't pull a major melt down like Xian... gotta give him props for that at the very least.

As far as exhausting the heat in the case, probably not the best idea, but not a fatal flaw if you have enough air flow in the case itself.  Sometimes you're constrained by the form factor on what you can do.  The best cooling solutions are often the most unwieldy and/or ugly.  Some people don't care about that, but a lot of people do... in fact, there's far more people that care about aesthetics than function, and if you don't believe me, take a look at Apple.  One of the richest companies out there (or the richest?), and it's all built on aesthetics as the primary motivator for their designs.

Thank you for your great insight since you are already the expert at high power ASICs.

"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
cedivad
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 26, 2013, 09:48:48 AM

As he should be.  Mature adults don't melt down and go postal at the first hint of bad news or slight disappointment.
[...]
I have you on ignore so it's compelling that you wrote a whole post about me... I will just reply to this one:
75%+ loss. That is what you call "first hint of bad news or slight disappointment".

My anger against what is wrong in the Bitcoin community is productive:
Bitcointa.lk - Replace "Bitcointalk.org" with "Bitcointa.lk" in this url to see how this page looks like on a proper forum (Announcement Thread)
Hashfast.org - Wiki for screwed customers
Micky25
Legendary

Activity: 974
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 26, 2013, 09:58:42 AM

Oh, and lets not forget: how to deny customers refunds for unshipped goods. Your expertise there is world class and Im sure would benefit HF.

They know already how to do this, its common knowledge in the asic manufacturers world and not needs to be mentioned.
nowywbitcoinowymswiecie

Activity: 71
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 26, 2013, 12:07:08 PM

Shipping to Poland is more than 700USD  Shocked  Does HF CEO shake my hand personally and confetti will be throw out of the plane flying above my street Huh

But honestly - wtf?

newbee here 1PkHkAEssCQoarLz6hcmQzF9zbaxGrxdFz
crumbs

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 26, 2013, 12:09:29 PM

Actually, a 1600W power supply running at full load will not run fine on a 120V 15A circuit. Even a very nice one like the Lepa G1600 will pull over 1800W from the wall, and no circuit should be run at 100% load 24/7.
A 20A circuit would probably be fine, though you can't just swap breakers as you'll almost certainly need to pull a new cable. If you're going to go that far, you might as well just run a 240V line.
Either way, HashFast never said the Sierra even under full overclock that the Sierra would use 1600W. I highly doubt they would be able to anyway, those modules are almost certainly not designed to supply or cool ~500W each.

You're right, as usual.  The breaker swap, of course, is not code & i should have prefixed it with "Kids, don't do this without parental supervision."  That said, i've continuously sinned against humanity by doing such swaps.  Torched houses: 0.

Also, good point about the reality of twin PSs being unlikely to actually *use* separate 15A circuits.  Images of orange extension cords stretched into adjacent rooms come to mind Cheesy
starsoccer9
Legendary

Activity: 1630

View Profile
October 26, 2013, 12:11:09 PM

Shipping to Poland is more than 700USD  Shocked  Does HF CEO shake my hand personally and confetti will be throw out of the plane flying above my street Huh

But honestly - wtf?

Hehe, I dint know that was an option. Where do I opt for the HF Ceo hand delivery?
papamoi

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 26, 2013, 12:30:07 PM

so

hashfast is keen to announce with whom they are buying the screw to tighten the pcb and else

does any one know when they are really going to deliver

because they are goods in announcing anything but the delivery....
Minor Miner
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1011

Be A Digital Miner

View Profile
October 26, 2013, 02:30:59 PM

But honestly - wtf?

Hehe, I dint know that was an option. Where do I opt for the HF Ceo hand delivery?
I do not want to come off as a jerk, but I am surprised it is that low.
We ship to europe through fedex from the USA and the costs are enormous.   Not just for the airfreight portion.   The largest costs are:   brokerage fee to pay customs clearance/duties and VAT, then duty (I do not know what it is on this product but on ours it is 9%) and then of course VAT.   As you know, in Poland VAT is 23%.    If they are delivering the box to your door there would be all those costs.   I would think you could go into UPS or Fedex and type in the cities and then type in the weight (have to guess but 30-40 lbs sound right?   And you will see what it costs just for the delivery.

Visesrion

Activity: 826
Merit: 314

GIF by SOCIFI

View Profile
October 26, 2013, 02:40:11 PM

We ship to europe through fedex from the USA and the costs are enormous.   Not just for the airfreight portion.   The largest costs are:   brokerage fee to pay customs clearance/duties and VAT, then duty (I do not know what it is on this product but on ours it is 9%) and then of course VAT.   As you know, in Poland VAT is 23%.    If they are delivering the box to your door there would be all those costs.   I would think you could go into UPS or Fedex and type in the cities and then type in the weight (have to guess but 30-40 lbs sound right?   And you will see what it costs just for the delivery.

Sorry but I think those 700$ are just for shipping. I mean then you have to add any cost in customs, fees of the VAT and so on. That is something that pays the customer, not HF in this case.

Eventough, I have been shipped and old 1984 mac from the US to Spain for 120$ and for sure is much heavier than the units HF is shipping that costs me 375$ which I think is pretty abusive. I will have my unit hosted of course.

Sorry for the offtopic  Wink

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄                          ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
             █████████████████                   █████████████████
         █████████████████████████           █████████████████████████
       █████████████████████████████       █████████████████████████████
     █████████████████████████████████   █████████████████████████████████
   ████████████▀           ▀██████████████████████████████████████████████
  ████████████▄▄███████████▄▄█████████▓▓▓███████████████████████████████████
 ▐██████████████▀         ▀██████████▓▓▓▓████████████████████████████████████
 ██████████████▄▄█████████▄▄█████████▓▓▓▓▓████████████████████████████████████
▐█████████████████▀      ▀██████████▓▓▓▓▓▓████████████████████████████████████▌
▐████████████████▄▄██████▄▄█████████▓▓▓▓▓▓▓███████████████████████████████████▌
▐██████████████████      ███████████▓▓▓▓▓▓▓███████████████████████████████████▌
▐██████████████████ ████ ████████████▓▓▓▓▓████████████████████████████████████
 ██████████████████ ████ ████████████▓▓▓▓▓███████████████    ████████████████
  █████████████████ ████ █████████████▓▓▓████████████████   █████████████   █
   ████████████████      ███████████████████████████████    ███████████
    ██████████████████████████████████ ██████████████████     ████████
      ███████████████████████████████     █████████████████
        ███████████████████████████         █████████████████▓
           ████████████████████                ███████████████████▓
               ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀                       ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄████████▄▄▄
▄▄██████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
▄████████████████████████████▄
████████████████████████████████
▓████████████████████████████████▓
███████████████████████▒░███████████
▄█████████████████▒░      ███████████▄
█████████████░░          ░████████████
█████████░              ░█████████████
██████████▓░░          ░██████████████
██████████████▓░       ███████████████
▀███████████████▒     ░██████████████▀
████████████████▒   ░███████████████
████████████████░ ░███████████████
████████████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████████▀
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀██████████████████▀▀
 ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
JOIN OUR
TELEGRAM
Minor Miner
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1011

Be A Digital Miner

View Profile
October 26, 2013, 02:57:15 PM

Pro:
They have proved that they can design a case with a not that dumb airflow and produce it. We will just have to flip the PSUs 180° if we need that in a rack, but it's ok.

Btw d&t, your posts are always a pleasure to read. I love people bringing numbers and facts to a discussion.

I agree on your comment on DeathandTaxes.   Good quality comments and more than willing to help everyone.  Thanks D&T.

I do not think you are correct on the PSUs though.   The typical rack is 19" at the rails but is 23-24" wide.   between the case and the wall of your rack you will still have 2" minimum of space.    I believe this is the inlet (on the side) so you will have lots of airflow of cool air for the PSU and it will exhaust in the back.   Even if it is the opposite as people have said, it is still not that bad.  The heat will not be that much and since it is at the back on the side the airflow will still pull it up the heat aisle and away.   I would not modify it at all.

nowywbitcoinowymswiecie

Activity: 71
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 26, 2013, 04:31:51 PM

We ship to europe through fedex from the USA and the costs are enormous.   Not just for the airfreight portion.   The largest costs are:   brokerage fee to pay customs clearance/duties and VAT, then duty (I do not know what it is on this product but on ours it is 9%) and then of course VAT.   As you know, in Poland VAT is 23%.    If they are delivering the box to your door there would be all those costs.   I would think you could go into UPS or Fedex and type in the cities and then type in the weight (have to guess but 30-40 lbs sound right?   And you will see what it costs just for the delivery.

Thank You. Ive been emotional because ie: KNC package cost 200USD and I had it next day at my door. I forgot all the hassle with VAT etc. I think shipping costs can prevent people form europe to buy HF miners as shipping will play big part of whole costs (BJ december for 2250USD+700USD for shipping).

newbee here 1PkHkAEssCQoarLz6hcmQzF9zbaxGrxdFz
bitly

Activity: 53
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
October 27, 2013, 02:34:26 AM

So it looks for those who purchased batch 1 BJs, they are never going to make their money back??
cedivad
Legendary

View Profile
October 27, 2013, 09:44:14 AM

So it looks for those who purchased batch 1 BJs, they are never going to make their money back??
They will get back 10% if delivered before the first of December, 25% if delivered before middle November (the now promised shipping date).
If HF stood to their promises, we would have had back around 60% of it, and then the MPP would have kick in. (that maybe would have gived us another 10-20%).

Bitcointa.lk - Replace "Bitcointalk.org" with "Bitcointa.lk" in this url to see how this page looks like on a proper forum (Announcement Thread)
calichomp

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 27, 2013, 04:04:18 PM

I don't think pulling wire is that likely, at least probably not with recent construction in a place with code enforcement. Standard here would be a 120v 20 amp circuit on 12 gauge romex... I'm not an electrical engineer, but shouldn't that be sufficient for nearly 2000 watts constant load?  I've done a little bit of homeowner construction to code, and they make you run a separate circuit for just about damn near everything these days, except lights...  I guess the concern would be if you've got an old 15 amp circuit on skinny little wire or hooked up to your air conditioner....

120V, 20A circuit is solid for 1920W continual, 2400W peak.  Most household outlets, branches, and breakers are 15A though and that means 14 AWG.  Might be better in newer construction but wire is expensive and builders are usually cheap.

If someone is looking to do an upgrade just do it right with 240V, 30A branch.   An outlet like this is good for 5.76KW continual and ebay has tons of cheap used PDUs which have a NEMA L6-30 plug.
http://i01.i.aliimg.com/img/pb/752/466/477/477466752_353.JPG

Probably good for at least 3 Sierras maybe 4 depending on what final wattage ends up being.  My guess is HF puts some overhead in the PSU so 1700W of PSU doesn't mean they intend for it to draw 1700W.  Drawing say 1300W would keep the PSU at 80% load.

Please don't burn your house down over this shit, people.
ninjarobot

Activity: 761
Merit: 500

Mine Silent, Mine Deep

View Profile
October 27, 2013, 05:23:57 PM

I'm planning to visit the HashFast office in SF this Wednesday.

It will be a fairly short affair (30m), but I would be happy to relay some forum questions in person. No guarantees I'll get answers though Smiley
cedivad
Legendary

View Profile
October 27, 2013, 05:32:57 PM

It will be a fairly short affair (30m), but I would be happy to relay some forum questions in person. No guarantees I'll get answers though Smiley

Pics of the boards, fpga demonstrations, etc. Proof that they are real and they only had a problem, in other words.
(Uber long version of my questions: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=318706.msg3420087#msg3420087)

Micky25
Legendary

View Profile
October 27, 2013, 05:34:41 PM

Thank you for doing that!

BJ Batch 1 with Upgrade Customer: What can be done to change my order to a Sierra without later delivery date? (Support already said no).
ninjarobot

Activity: 761
Merit: 500

Mine Silent, Mine Deep

View Profile
October 27, 2013, 05:45:59 PM

Pics of the boards, fpga demonstrations, etc.

Okay. I don't think they will have any hardware in the office, since all manufacturing and assembly is done at other sites. They will probably have the FPGA hardware and simulation, but there is already a blog post about that. But I'll check with them regardless.

Proof that they are real and they only had a problem, in other words.

I have no doubt they are real. I met Simon at a Bitcoin Meetup back in April of this year (months before HF was started) and he was already working on a design for a 400GH/s mining ASIC for some time at that point.

BJ Batch 1 with Upgrade Customer: What can be done to change my order to a Sierra without later delivery date? (Support already said no).

Will do. However, if they have already ordered all the BJ cases, and support already said no, I don't think the answer will be different the 2nd time. But who knows?
Micky25
Legendary

View Profile
October 27, 2013, 06:14:17 PM

There seems to be variance on that topic.

Anyway, since that i have 3 or more BJ in order, John offered me an upgrade to the sierra case.
I think you if you ask, they should offer you the same.

cedivad
Legendary

View Profile
October 27, 2013, 06:27:08 PM

I can confirm that, he also said that he has been doing that with every customer that requested it, as if i wasn't the only one.
Anyway, that will only be useful to me because of the space the BJs would have taken into datacenter racks. Now that i have sierras cases, it's almost 1/3rd of the monthly bill.

I don't think that this advantage applies to many others.

They will deny you to move on second batch because it's 1/3rd of the price 10 days later, but they shouldn't have any problem moving around some boxes of fans.

Pages: « 1 ... 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 [98] 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 ... 586 »
  Print  

Jump to: