Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 10:38:38 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 [101] 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 ... 586 »
  Print  
Author Topic: HashFast announces specs for new ASIC: 400GH/s  (Read 880232 times)
Minor Miner
Legendary

Activity: 2254
Merit: 1011

Be A Digital Miner

View Profile
October 28, 2013, 04:39:08 PM

to hashfast:
Q: What will be done with regard to the October batch miner protection program? Will you immediately send out the upgraded hashing power since the difficulty will be 2 to 4 times higher by the time we receive our units?
Hashfast's answer:
"Thank you for your inquiry.
No, we will not being sending out the MPP modules with the purchased units. MPP is enacted 90 days after the original miners have been delivered.
Kindly,
Erin"
Hmm.
--
HashFast Support
support@hashfast.com"

Interesting Forum Name you have chosen.  I thought I was going nuts for a minute.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
cedivad
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 28, 2013, 04:53:25 PM

So, i see that there are many new reasons today to keep trusting hashfast...
I see pics of boards and live updates from tmsc everywhere...

My anger against what is wrong in the Bitcoin community is productive:
Bitcointa.lk - Replace "Bitcointalk.org" with "Bitcointa.lk" in this url to see how this page looks like on a proper forum (Announcement Thread)
Hashfast.org - Wiki for screwed customers
Minor Miner
Legendary

Activity: 2254
Merit: 1011

Be A Digital Miner

View Profile
October 28, 2013, 05:03:35 PM

VERY COOL!   Where are the pics?   Are they on the forum or HF's site?   Sorry for being lazy but I have been away all weekend and do not want to go through all the pages.

ASIC-K

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

Hell?

View Profile
October 28, 2013, 05:16:43 PM

VERY COOL!   Where are the pics?   Are they on the forum or HF's site?   Sorry for being lazy but I have been away all weekend and do not want to go through all the pages.

think that was sarcasm....lol
itod
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1075

^ Will code for Bitcoins

View Profile
October 28, 2013, 05:36:26 PM

So their delay on shipping the miners also means an equal delay shipping the MPP modules? 

That's rather dickish.

They just don't give a damn. It will be remembered.
dopamine

Activity: 486
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 28, 2013, 06:19:43 PM
Last edit: October 28, 2013, 06:29:48 PM by dopamine

Anyone thinking about getting any hashfast products should reconsider..

No refund
No products that works
No RIO with MMP
Changes to TOS without notice

STAY AWAY

I made a mistake by listening to the hype and now they missed the deadline and starting to look like BFL2

Bitcoinica still has not given me 50% of my claim of 600 BTC
INTERSANGO can go down with bitcoinica for abandoning customers
Alberto Armandi is a SCAMMER
Visesrion

Activity: 826
Merit: 314

GIF by SOCIFI

View Profile
October 28, 2013, 06:26:42 PM

to hashfast:

Q: What will be done with regard to the October batch miner protection program? Will you immediately send out the upgraded hashing power since the difficulty will be 2 to 4 times higher by the time we receive our units?

Hashfast's answer:

"Thank you for your inquiry.

No, we will not being sending out the MPP modules with the purchased units. MPP is enacted 90 days after the original miners have been delivered.

Kindly,

Erin"

Great, well done Hashfast !

You stablished a new record in asic mining world ! You are fu**ing your own customers between your batches, really well done !

By the way, if the smart guy from HF that decided to put two different product ranges at the same price is reading, I was trying to be sarcastic.

What you have done wont be forgoten and I will take care to rembember to any person that decides to go into HF after this, if there is any

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄                          ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
             █████████████████                   █████████████████
         █████████████████████████           █████████████████████████
       █████████████████████████████       █████████████████████████████
     █████████████████████████████████   █████████████████████████████████
   ████████████▀           ▀██████████████████████████████████████████████
  ████████████▄▄███████████▄▄█████████▓▓▓███████████████████████████████████
 ▐██████████████▀         ▀██████████▓▓▓▓████████████████████████████████████
 ██████████████▄▄█████████▄▄█████████▓▓▓▓▓████████████████████████████████████
▐█████████████████▀      ▀██████████▓▓▓▓▓▓████████████████████████████████████▌
▐████████████████▄▄██████▄▄█████████▓▓▓▓▓▓▓███████████████████████████████████▌
▐██████████████████      ███████████▓▓▓▓▓▓▓███████████████████████████████████▌
▐██████████████████ ████ ████████████▓▓▓▓▓████████████████████████████████████
 ██████████████████ ████ ████████████▓▓▓▓▓███████████████    ████████████████
  █████████████████ ████ █████████████▓▓▓████████████████   █████████████   █
   ████████████████      ███████████████████████████████    ███████████
    ██████████████████████████████████ ██████████████████     ████████
      ███████████████████████████████     █████████████████
        ███████████████████████████         █████████████████▓
           ████████████████████                ███████████████████▓
               ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀                       ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄████████▄▄▄
▄▄██████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
▄████████████████████████████▄
████████████████████████████████
▓████████████████████████████████▓
███████████████████████▒░███████████
▄█████████████████▒░      ███████████▄
█████████████░░          ░████████████
█████████░              ░█████████████
██████████▓░░          ░██████████████
██████████████▓░       ███████████████
▀███████████████▒     ░██████████████▀
████████████████▒   ░███████████████
████████████████░ ░███████████████
▀████████████████████████████▀
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀██████████████████▀▀
 ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
JOIN OUR
TELEGRAM
perezoso

Activity: 392

View Profile
October 28, 2013, 06:50:48 PM

I think folks should take a chill from trying to elaborate or overinterpret the Miner Protection Protection Program on Hashfast's behalf, or tell Hashfast that it must pursue some very particular possibility shakily extrapolated from a few Hashfast statements.

What's important for me is that the first batch customers are made whole, in the sense of Hashfast's pledge:

"We want our customers to succeed.

At HashFast, we understand that healthy, prosperous customers make for a healthy and prosperous company. We know that our customers are concerned about the rapid growth of the network hashrate – and we stand by our customers."

So, as far as I'm concerned, let them sweat the details of how and when to release extra hashing power under the MPP.  The overarching commitment, as I interpret it, is that Hashfast will provide hashing power to ensure that MPP customers "succeed", and are "healthy, prosperous", within the shortish timeframe suggested by the MPP.  To me, that means positive ROI in the first half of 2014, preferably the first quarter. 

If you are losing money, you are clearly not successful, nor healthy and definitely not prosperous.

The guys in the company are going to have to decide how to make good on the MPP on the basis of details only they know - productions schedules, sunk costs, implications of schedule changes, anticipated availability of components, etc.  Without that info, who of us can really say what the best specific course is?

Anyway, I still believe the company intends to do what it takes to fulfill its pledge.  If it doesn't, then you'll see me over there on that other thread about legal action... but we're still a long way off from that becoming a reality.  Give 'em a chance.  Let them take a little time to reinterpret the MPP and announce a sound plan.

And let's keep it civil.  HF people are not our enemy.  We have strong common interests.
cedivad
Legendary

View Profile
October 28, 2013, 07:00:01 PM

And let's keep it civil.  HF people are not our enemy.  We have strong common interests.
As people that looked at your post history suggested, you are an HF puppet. I will not listen to what you have to say. (if you are not, you have my deepest apologies, i don't want to offend or to be rude with anyone).
If you want to come to the table and to suggest to stay calm, because we share the same interests, you can do so using your official HF account.

The MPP will not make us ROI. Not even by a far.

If you have data supporting the opposite, i would be happy to hear that.

Bitcointa.lk - Replace "Bitcointalk.org" with "Bitcointa.lk" in this url to see how this page looks like on a proper forum (Announcement Thread)
perezoso

View Profile
October 28, 2013, 07:15:38 PM

And let's keep it civil.  HF people are not our enemy.  We have strong common interests.
As people that looked at your post history suggested, you are an HF puppet. I will not listen to what you have to say. (if you are not, you have my deepest apologies, i don't want to offend or to be rude with anyone).
If you want to come to the table and to suggest to stay calm, because we share the same interests, you can do so using your official HF account.

I have nothing to do with the company, never have, and never will.  I'm a former history major that works on agriculture and health policy.

I think that you and a few other people, some of them even more cynical than you, that were bruised by the experience with BFL (I was too) are way prematurely applying the same mentality and tactics to Hashfast as you would "Inaba".  Hashfast has announced a delay that they say will be short.  This is really unfortunate, but not entirely unexpected.  And it's nothing like what BFL is guilty of.  The question for Hashfast is what they will do to cover the butts of 1st batch customers (and I am one!) that have been exposed as a result of the delay, and I think it's reasonable to give them some time to formulate a response.

I'd say "get your head out of the weeds" (meaning, "don't become too focused on particular details") and look at the situation from a broader perspective.  

When it comes to "puppets", what I am concerned about here are not so much the "Hashfast shills" but the people that are trying to encourage antagonism between Hashfast and its customers.  Those people, at this early point, could well be accused of being "KNC agents" or "BFL puppets" because they are arguably poisoning the waters.  I don't think it's in anybody's interest to encourage the kind of hatred with Hashfast that characterizes everything related to BFL.... unless you are lobbying for another ASIC maker!

Anyway, if Hashfast fails to deliver on its pledge, I've already said I would consider joining a lawsuit.  But it's just way to early to think of that.  Confrontation is the last option, not the first.
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
October 28, 2013, 07:17:47 PM

I think folks should take a chill from trying to elaborate or overinterpret the Miner Protection Protection Program on Hashfast's behalf, or tell Hashfast that it must pursue some very particular possibility shakily extrapolated from a few Hashfast statements.

And let's keep it civil.  HF people are not our enemy.

you are an HF puppet. I will not listen to what you have to say.

Roll Eyes  So much for keeping it civil.

cedivad can't keep it civil, because he's been taking such pains to "elaborate or overinterpret the Miner Protection Protection Program on Hashfast's behalf, [and] tell Hashfast that it must pursue some very particular possibility shakily extrapolated from a few Hashfast statements."

cedivad has spent the last few days getting himself worked up into an epic snit.  The last thing he can do in such a perturbed, emotionally-overwrought, paranoid state is stop treating HF like our enemy.

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
Gyrsur
Legendary

Activity: 2856
Merit: 1518

Bitcoin Legal Tender Countries: 2 of 206

View Profile WWW
October 28, 2013, 07:19:48 PM

I have nothing to do with the company, never have, and never will.  I'm a former history major that works on agriculture and health policy.

I think that you and a few other people, some of them even more cynical than you, that were bruised by the experience with BFL (I was too) are way prematurely applying the same mentality and tactics to Hashfast as you would "Inaba".  Hashfast has announced a delay that they say will be short.  This is really unfortunate, but not entirely unexpected.  And it's nothing like what BFL is guilty of.  The question for Hashfast is what they will do to cover the butts of 1st batch customers (and I am one!) that have been exposed as a result of the delay, and I think it's reasonable to give them some time to formulate a response.

I'd say "get your head out of the weeds" (meaning, "don't become too focused on particular details") and look at the situation from a broader perspective.  

When it comes to "puppets", what I am concerned about here are not so much the "Hashfast shills" but the people that are trying to encourage antagonism between Hashfast and its customers.  Those people, at this early point, could well be accused of being "KNC agents" or "BFL puppets" because they are arguably poisoning the waters.  I don't think it's in anybody's interest to encourage the kind of hatred that characterizes everything related to BFL.

Anyway, if Hashfast fails to deliver on its pledge, I've already said I would consider joining a lawsuit.  But it's just way to early to think of that.  Confrontation is the last option, not the first.
+1

Visesrion

GIF by SOCIFI

View Profile
October 28, 2013, 07:25:34 PM

What's important for me is that the first batch customers are made whole, in the sense of Hashfast's pledge:

"We want our customers to succeed.
Sorry but HF got it pretty clear. The MPP will start counting when your unit is shipped, not before.

They do not care if you succeed or not. Please take 5 minutes and look the pages back.

We are not complaining if the MPP is good or not, we are complaining because they offer the 2 batch users x3 hashing power for the same price and they refuse for the first moment to switch the order giving no excuse or reason. You may win money with the BJ, but someone in the batch 2 sierras will win more. Pretty fair, huh ?

Even more, they refuse to listen to any advice or suggestion. They will answer you to with a copy/paste message. If you want more reasons I havent still see any pcb or BJ case, but how about the sierra ?

Edit: I do not want to start any legal action against HF of course, that is the last option, but I have sent them many emails and they do not plan to give you any compensation for the delay and the shorter gap between the 2 batches

▄▄████████▄▄▄
▄▄██████████████████▄▄
▀▀██████████████████▀▀
 ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
JOIN OUR
TELEGRAM
cedivad
Legendary

View Profile
October 28, 2013, 07:29:34 PM

When it comes to "puppets", what I am concerned about here are not so much the "Hashfast shills" but the people that are trying to encourage antagonism between Hashfast and its customers.  Those people, at this early point, could well be accused of being "KNC agents" or "BFL puppets" because they are arguably poisoning the waters.  I don't think it's in anybody's interest to encourage the kind of hatred that characterizes everything related to BFL.
I will try to recap a few points for you:
1) a few days before the delay, you could call HF and you where told that everything was on track for shipping at the end of the month.
2) just after the delay, people realised that the delay will cost them 75%+ of their investment.
3) we are being denied any proof that they where ready to ship now and that they simply had a problem, such as like, a picture of their PCB.

I'm not a competitor puppet, i'm a concerned customer. I have a really big order on place, one of the biggest in the public order list.
I really don't see how i'm hurting other customers.

I will add that for my POV there won't be time or the basis for going on legally once that they deliver. They will have done nothing wrong, they will simply claim that they never denied your refund. Or that you accepted the product anyway, so you withdraw your refund request.

perezoso

View Profile
October 28, 2013, 08:03:59 PM
Last edit: October 28, 2013, 08:15:01 PM by perezoso

I'm not a competitor puppet, i'm a concerned customer. I have a really big order on place, one of the biggest in the public order list.
I really don't see how i'm hurting other customers.

I will add that for my POV there won't be time or the basis for going on legally once that they deliver. They will have done nothing wrong, they will simply claim that they never denied your refund. Or that you accepted the product anyway, so you withdraw your refund request.

Well, if you're M008 (or is that Icedrill? then you would be M004?), I sympathize with your situation, and clearly they are going to have to make a fair arrangement with you or risk their reputation.  I'd say you should "speak softly and carry a big stick" rather than speaking loudly and threatening judgements that may or may not happen.

I'd also say that the MPP was extended to everyone on the same terms (as far as I know), and I don't see how they can really offer you compensation that's substantially different than what they offer other customers. So whatever solution they come up with needs to work for the rest of us as well.

I suppose that if your objective is to simply refund and buy something else, rather than ensuring that the company make good on its pledge not to leave MPP customers out in the cold, perhaps it makes sense to start fighting now, but I really don't think it's a battle that you are going to win. Or if you do, you get your same amount of money back a few years from now, less legal fees.  Probably a Pyrrhic victory.

Although it's way too early to be thinking about this seriously (IMHO), I would anticipate that any litigation in the case of Hashfast would center not on order cancellation and machine refunds (unless they fail until January) but on the terms ("implied warranties"??) of the MPP.  The objective of such litigation would be to force Hashfast to produce additional hardware to ensure reasonable ROI and/or reasonable cash compensation to MPP purchasers because Hashfast did not live up to its pledge of profitable, healthy, etc. customers. (if that actually is the case at the end of the day).

PS:  If you want them to deny you a refund, what you need to to do is to write them a refund request - a printed letter on paper - and send that overnight to their physical address, with a return receipt requested.   Say your order number, how much you paid, exactly how and where you want your refund sent, etc.  Don't engage in any trash talk in the letter. Keep it simple and businesslike.  Your judge may one day read it. Keep a copy of the letter (obviously). When they sign for the letter, you will get back a copy of their signature and date, etc...  Keep this. Then you have your proof that you sent the request and that they have received it.  Even if they don't reply, the lack of a reply will be taken legally as a denial of your request.  You can do this now, without paying a lawyer.

Visesrion

GIF by SOCIFI

View Profile
October 28, 2013, 08:28:38 PM
Last edit: October 28, 2013, 09:03:44 PM by Visesrion

Well at least in may case I do not want a refund, all I want is to be at least at the same level of profit as the further batches.

From the begining, back in the end of September (you got the quote in the post #2012) they denied any chance of changing the order of a BJ to a sierra (paying the 400$ difference ofcourse).

With the BJ delay a sierra customer will receive x3 hashing power at the same, or in 10 days gap if you want to keep HF offical word and for the same price. I think I prefer to have 1,2Th in end november rather than 400GH now and 1,6 in February (plus the time for shipping the chips/boards and having to buy psus, cooling, cases...).

But the solution is pretty simple, start the MPP from the first day of November or offer the chance to swith into a sierra. The second one wont happen simpley because they do not want to it to happen. There is no excuse and we should be clamining for that long time ago. But the first one is easy and I dont think that for HF shipping the chips that they already claim to have payed 15 days earlier will cause them too much trouble, unless they plan to ship later than they expected, what as a customer, I hope is not happening

The thing is that they seem to be closed to any further suggestion and compensation. We will end having our BJs and a customer that comes on further batches, without any product already shipped is expected to have more profits than us. Not pretty fair  Sad

▄▄████████▄▄▄
▄▄██████████████████▄▄
▀▀██████████████████▀▀
 ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
JOIN OUR
TELEGRAM
cedivad
Legendary

View Profile
October 28, 2013, 08:51:51 PM

PS:  If you want them to deny you a refund, what you need to to do is to write them a refund request - a printed letter on paper - and send that overnight to their physical address, with a return receipt requested.   Say your order number, how much you paid, exactly how and where you want your refund sent, etc.  Don't engage in any trash talk in the letter. Keep it simple and businesslike.  Your judge may one day read it. Keep a copy of the letter (obviously). When they sign for the letter, you will get back a copy of their signature and date, etc...  Keep this. Then you have your proof that you sent the request and that they have received it.  Even if they don't reply, the lack of a reply will be taken legally as a denial of your request.  You can do this now, without paying a lawyer.
An email sent from a gmail account (google verifiable) has the same legal value.

perezoso

View Profile
October 28, 2013, 11:12:18 PM

The thing is that they seem to be closed to any further suggestion and compensation. We will end having our BJs and a customer that comes on further batches, without any product already shipped is expected to have more profits than us. Not pretty fair  Sad

If I were Hashfast right now I would not be engaging individual customers, especially excitable ones, in extended discussions either. It's pointless and probably a waste of time, although I agree that a couple of the communications from them that I've seen posted here were curt and somewhat defensive.  What this suggests to me is that they are feeling pressure and responsibility, and that's good.  They have a lot of our money and need to deliver.

If I was Hashfast I would, however, be diligently monitoring discussions like this one and seriously thinking about comments and suggestions submitted in a civil fashion, with a view to announcing a plan to address the situation of batch one customers as soon as the chips fall into place (i.e. when there are more known knowns). 

With that, I'm done with this topic until further news from the company itself!  See ya then.
cedivad
Legendary

View Profile
October 28, 2013, 11:17:24 PM

Well, i'm tired to repeat myself. But your answers are at a whole new level.

If I was Hashfast I would, however, be diligently monitoring discussions like this one and seriously thinking about comments and suggestions submitted in a civil fashion, with a view to announcing a plan to address the situation of batch one customers as soon as the chips fall into place (i.e. when there are more known knowns).
Sure. As if they showed us that they cared. It makes a lot of sense to keep radio silence, just because they want to make us a big surprise. Or maybe they don't show us pics of the PCBs because they want to keep "excitable" customers, such as me, safe from themselves. Thanks HF! I didn't tough of that before.
You will keep dreaming in your world, i will keep demanding proof of the existence of such a world.

kmtan

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

I love Bitcoin

View Profile
October 29, 2013, 12:24:29 AM

getting lost for the status of hashfast.....i need to spend time to go thru the threads...

Pages: « 1 ... 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 [101] 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 ... 586 »
  Print  

Jump to: