Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 12:39:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 [105] 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 ... 586 »
  Print  
Author Topic: HashFast announces specs for new ASIC: 400GH/s  (Read 880227 times)
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1070

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
October 29, 2013, 11:08:14 PM

Except for the whole "US law requiring a refund" thing.  Are you retarded or something?  Illegal terms of sale aren't enforceable.

It doesn't matter if HF delivers in the middle of November like they say, you'll never ROI. It's completely worth it to try for a refund before they deliver. Unless you like burning your money.

Roll Eyes  You really should learn the diff between an FTC rule and an actual law before playing Intarnet Lawyar.

There is no rule (much less a law) guaranteeing ASIC purchasers must ROI in BTC by a certain date.

The guaranteed delivery date of Dec 31 is clear as glass and totally unambiguous.

There is nothing illegal in HashFast's terms of sale.

Why don't you give cedivad some Bitcoins to waste on a good lawyer, who will tell you the exact same thing I just did?

Better yet, just send the BTC to me and call it a day!   Cheesy

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1063

Gerald Davis

View Profile
October 29, 2013, 11:29:57 PM

Finally, there is no motivation to shortening the nonce range in order to drop work time down
to fractions of a second, because HashFast products allow work to be aborted, and in
particular with the GWQ protocol, the OP_WORK_RESTART mechanism provides a built in
command to seamlessly abort all work in progress and replace it with new work based on a
new coin base, as often as required and with negligible hashing downtime

OP_WORK_RESTART = awesome.   The problem with many ASICs and p2pool is that p2pool generates "new" work on a short interval (about 30 sec between reward chain blocks).  Without a OP_WORK_RESTART or something similar an ASIC will continue using "stale" work for a significant fraction of a second (or even multiple seconds).   On Bitcoin network (600 sec average time between blocks) losing say 0.6 seconds to "stale work" means 0.1% stale shares but on p2pool with 30s average it is more like 2% ouch.  This is in addition to other forms of stale shares due to network latency. 

The ability to abort all work rapidly to all cores and supply new work should result in GN doing good things on p2pool.
Ytterbium

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
October 30, 2013, 12:24:08 AM
Last edit: October 30, 2013, 12:36:44 AM by Ytterbium

Except for the whole "US law requiring a refund" thing.  Are you retarded or something?  Illegal terms of sale aren't enforceable.

It doesn't matter if HF delivers in the middle of November like they say, you'll never ROI. It's completely worth it to try for a refund before they deliver. Unless you like burning your money.

Roll Eyes  You really should learn the diff between an FTC rule and an actual law before playing Intarnet Lawyar.

There is no rule (much less a law) guaranteeing ASIC purchasers must ROI in BTC by a certain date.

The guaranteed delivery date of Dec 31 is clear as glass and totally unambiguous.

There is nothing illegal in HashFast's terms of sale.

Why don't you give cedivad some Bitcoins to waste on a good lawyer, who will tell you the exact same thing I just did?

Better yet, just send the BTC to me and call it a day!   Cheesy

I see you're in agreement with BFL josh about how refunds work.

And what would be the grounds of this civil suit? A failure to supply the goods that were sold? Doesn't seem so, BFL are churning though their pre-orders, probably about only 25% of the speed they should be, but the bottom line is they are still getting though them. So I am curious as to what is the legal angle here you are claiming? Yes I know in the US you can sue for anything you can possibly think of in your wildest dreams, but lets keep it sensible.

You are correct that BFL is shipping products to customers.  BFL also never made predictions about being ready to ship products to end consumers in October 2012, November 2012, December 2012, January, February (swarm of locusts), March and April.  Those predictions about imminent shipping had no impact at all on potential customers deciding to order units that were time sensitive in their use.  BFL also never advertised a 1/3, 1/3, 1/3 production mix that offered customers ordering that day to get units as they were produced.

Everyone loves a car analogy.  If you ordered a new car from a dealership that took your money on the day of order and then promised delivery within a week, but instead strung out the delivery to many months while the competition started to offer better deals, would you grin and bear it?  The dealership would also make you sign a statement that all sales are final and you just have to be patient and wait.

I don't have an open BFL order and will never make another.  

To take your car analogy further, the dealer offered to refund your purchase price up until the time they actually started to manufacture your car.  So... if you "grin an bear it" you did it of your own volition, since you could easily have walked away at any time. Yes, BFL was late.  I've apologized for that numerous times. But the fact of the matter is, people could have elected to get a refund at any time up until we started to manufacture products in bulk and started to spend the pre-order money on product manufacturing.

How about holding people money against their will - extortion.  How about the millions lost by people as their money was locked up and they could not get a refund to buy ASICS which were shipping at the time.

There are lots of grounds for a civil suit - but it's the criminal I'm after.  And the awesome thing about federal charges and federal courts is that the proof doesn't have to be beyond a shadow of a doubt.  The burden of proof is low enough that I think a conviction is possible for these thieving crooks.

Be that as it may, you're most likely never going to see Josh or Sonny behind bars. They're protected by the corporation.

You neglected to mention the fact that nothing illegal has transpired, either... but, we all know you can't tell the truth and are a consumate liar and troll, so that's not really surprising that you'd leave a relevant fact like that out.

Anyone claiming that HashFast is in the right denying refunds is effectively defending BFL.  
____

Also clear and unambiguous.  If you want to cancel your order before shipment, for any reason, you have the right to do so.

Btw, how much money have you sunk into icedrill Mr. "Always bet on Ice"?  You're just as screwed as everyone else. Why are you people lining up to let HF burn your money? You're the ones getting screwed here.

All you did was fund HF's NRE so that they'll have a source of incredibly cheap ICs to mine with, despite the fact that they knew all along you would never make a profit, while they will make a fortune, just like Yifu and bitsyncom, and of course BFL.

Better yet, just send the BTC to me and call it a day!   Cheesy

Because I'm not a hashfast customer, I called them on their bullshit pretty much immediately.

Besides, it's hard to see how a lawyer could be a bigger waste of BTC then icedrill.ASIC shares

Always Bet on ICE... indeed.  Hahaha

DPoS

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 30, 2013, 12:50:33 AM

Operation at 700 Mhz leads to a total hash rate of 537.6 GH/sec, but sustained operation at this level
may run into power distribution or thermal limitations,depending on cooling efficiency.

Operation beyond this clock rate, even if maintained within power and thermal limits, may lead to
degraded hash performance as hash cores start to make mistakes. If attempting to do this, host software
should monitor nonce rates and/or perform periodic testing of cores in order to set performance limits

tl;dr   hey guys our firmware blows, perhaps you can crowdsource something better??

~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~Play Boardgames for Bitcoins!!~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~ Something I say help? Donate BTC! 1KN1K1xStzsgfYxdArSX4PEjFfcLEuYhid
-ck
Legendary

Activity: 4060
Merit: 1622

Ruu \o/

View Profile WWW
October 30, 2013, 01:08:09 AM

My hashfast contact and I have been working on the cgminer driver for a while for this protocol, and fortunately since they contacted me early, their final protocol is quite different to what they originally had in mind. I'm very pleased with the design overall, and the cgminer driver for it we've been working on will be pushed to a public repository tomorrow.

Developer/maintainer for cgminer, ckpool/ckproxy, and the -ck kernel
2% Fee Solo mining at solo.ckpool.org
-ck
DPoS

View Profile
October 30, 2013, 01:12:06 AM

My hashfast contact and I have been working on the cgminer driver for a while for this protocol, and fortunately since they contacted me early, their final protocol is quite different to what they originally had in mind. I'm very pleased with the design overall, and the cgminer driver for it we've been working on will be pushed to a public repository tomorrow.

that is the best news HF ever got..   they should quote you on the homepage!!!

~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~Play Boardgames for Bitcoins!!~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~ Something I say help? Donate BTC! 1KN1K1xStzsgfYxdArSX4PEjFfcLEuYhid
DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Gerald Davis

View Profile
October 30, 2013, 01:15:37 AM

Operation at 700 Mhz leads to a total hash rate of 537.6 GH/sec, but sustained operation at this level
may run into power distribution or thermal limitations,depending on cooling efficiency.

Operation beyond this clock rate, even if maintained within power and thermal limits, may lead to
degraded hash performance as hash cores start to make mistakes. If attempting to do this, host software
should monitor nonce rates and/or perform periodic testing of cores in order to set performance limits

tl;dr   hey guys our firmware blows, perhaps you can crowdsource something better??

I think you need to work on your reading comprehension.  Try running any processor at an extreme overclock and the silicon will produce errors.  This has nothing to do with firmware.  

Simple version:  Chip go too fast = wrong stuff.  Too much wrong stuff? Make chip go less fast.
DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Gerald Davis

View Profile
October 30, 2013, 01:16:22 AM

Glad to hear it conman.  The protocol is rather impressive a solid +1 for any input you provided.  Nothing like having the guy who wrote the book helping you on the communication layer.
jjiimm_64
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 30, 2013, 01:25:43 AM

awsome...  thank you conman!!

1jimbitm6hAKTjKX4qurCNQubbnk2YsFw
HashFast_CL

Activity: 168

HashFast Community Liaison

View Profile WWW
October 30, 2013, 01:26:43 AM

Another testament to HashFast's ongoing efforts to eliminate bottlenecks:  Over 500,000 square feet of assembly floor, capable of three shifts/day burst capacity.

https://hashfast.com/pictures-of-the-ciara-assembly-floor/

CIARA is working exclusively with HashFast.  The competition will have to find another industry-leading goliath with logistic experience second to none.

"Bitcoin enables ordinary people to fight back, to avoid and evade snooping governments, which enact, use and abuse laws that allow them, without due process, to investigate, tax, control and seize privately owned assets."  -   Leon Louw

“We can say without equivocation that firms like MasterCard, Visa and the TBTF banks like JPMorgan and Goldman hate the idea of ever having to compete for business again. They have grown comfortable in their corrupt world of writing laws for themselves without any regulatory oversight. They enjoy the exorbitant privilege of bilking the American economy with extortionary transaction rates. They are scared of Bitcoin. And they should be. It offers transparency, cost efficiency and anonymity.” - Max Kaiser
Minor Miner
Legendary

Activity: 2240
Merit: 1011

Be A Digital Miner

View Profile
October 30, 2013, 01:50:55 AM

This goes a LONG way toward why I think HF is a very professional company.

regular

Activity: 297

View Profile
October 30, 2013, 01:52:30 AM

Are those computer cases there possibly baby jets in the making?
xstr8guy

Activity: 784
Merit: 1004

Glow Stick Dance!

View Profile
October 30, 2013, 02:17:21 AM

The above statement carries a lot of weight in my opinion.  I hope recent news dampens some of the FUD in this thread.  I'm getting excited by HF now and I'm starting to regret my decision not to place a preorder.   Cry
DPoS

View Profile
October 30, 2013, 02:18:08 AM

I think you need to work on your reading comprehension.  Try running any processor at an extreme overclock and the silicon will produce errors.  This has nothing to do with firmware.  

Simple version:  Chip go too fast = wrong stuff.  Too much wrong stuff? Make chip go less fast.

or..  

"My hashfast contact and I have been working on the cgminer driver for a while for this protocol, and fortunately since they contacted me early, their final protocol is quite different to what they originally had in mind. I'm very pleased with the design overall, and the cgminer driver for it we've been working on will be pushed to a public repository tomorrow."

which is all I was saying..  good that they reached out BEFORE they shipped

Ytterbium

View Profile WWW
October 30, 2013, 02:23:44 AM

The above statement carries a lot of weight in my opinion.  I hope recent news dampens some of the FUD in this thread.  I'm getting excited by HF now and I'm starting to regret my decision not to place a preorder.   Cry

Why? Do you seriously think they'll ever ROI?

DPoS

View Profile
October 30, 2013, 02:36:31 AM

who knows..  I've had 2 jupiters for 20 days and mined 37.5 BTC,

if I held all the coins until today I would have 50% ROI as cash now but I was selling into the rally so more like 36% ROI as cash so far

had some downtimes and one miner running about 80% until today's FW brought it up to par

YMMV - food for thought - FYI,   etc

Epoch
Legendary

Activity: 922
Merit: 1003

View Profile
October 30, 2013, 02:46:24 AM

Those days are gone. You won't get anywhere near that in the next 20 days.
Ytterbium

View Profile WWW
October 30, 2013, 02:47:52 AM

who knows..  I've had 2 jupiters for 20 days and mined 37.5 BTC,

if I held all the coins until today I would have 50% ROI as cash now but I was selling into the rally so more like 36% ROI as cash so far

had some downtimes and one miner running about 80% until today's FW brought it up to par

YMMV - food for thought - FYI,   etc

I think you're calculating that incorrectly.  If you bought two Jupiters for 58 BTC each, or 116 BTC, and you've mined 37.5 BTC, then your ROI so far is -67%.

I do think KnCs stand a chance of having a USD ROI. At least I hope so since I have one (and paid USD for it, USD I wasn't planning on buying BTC with).  Will they ROI in BTC? I'm not sure. 

Both KnC and Hashfast units might ROI over the long, long term. But KnCs will have a huge head start, hopefully covering most of their initial cost before HF even ships.

DPoS

View Profile
October 30, 2013, 02:59:14 AM

Those days are gone. You won't get anywhere near that in the next 20 days.

exactly - just posting how dramatic the BTC mining drops and also how dramatic ROI as cash can float depending on your timing of selling

will some people hold all their coins for months betting there won't be a crash?  That might be the gamble to save ROI as cash

DPoS

View Profile
October 30, 2013, 03:05:29 AM

I think you're calculating that incorrectly.  If you bought two Jupiters for 58 BTC each, or 116 BTC, and you've mined 37.5 BTC, then your ROI so far is -67%.

I do think KnCs stand a chance of having a USD ROI. At least I hope so since I have one (and paid USD for it, USD I wasn't planning on buying BTC with).  Will they ROI in BTC? I'm not sure. 

Both KnC and Hashfast units might ROI over the long, long term. But KnCs will have a huge head start, hopefully covering most of their initial cost before HF even ships.

I'm not in the camp of BTC spent to BTC mined for ROI..  There was no way to buy ~15000 worth of BTC on 0% interest credit cards so it is a moot point.  I won't generate any interest on my purchase until next June so your cost basis may vary.. and that will be 2014 dollars not 2013 which we all know inflation reduces that as time value of money with fiat (small but valid)

I was hoping to get more than half in cash value in the first 30 days, but missing that first week of October was a lot of coins left on the table.  But I am still one of the lucky ones to get it one week in.

Hopefully most of you are in the front of the line for HF

Pages: « 1 ... 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 [105] 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 ... 586 »
  Print  

Jump to: