Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 12:53:18 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 [166] 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 ... 586 »
  Print  
Author Topic: HashFast announces specs for new ASIC: 400GH/s  (Read 880232 times)
SolarSilver
Legendary

Activity: 1112
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 28, 2013, 12:22:27 PM

Anyone also notice that in the video, Simon Barber walk like he is physically handicapped.
Eduardo looks like he made his fortune as a pimp.

Are we going to stoop to new lows and attack peoples personal appearance? Come on people...

I've met with some of you IRL and we are not all Bold & the beautiful material...

(but we do expect delivery within the promised timeframe and there is nothing wrong with that)

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
niothor

Activity: 826
Merit: 501

in defi we trust

View Profile
November 28, 2013, 12:24:54 PM

Anyone also notice that in the video, Simon Barber walk like he is physically handicapped.

Are we going to stoop to new lows and attack peoples personal appearance? Come on people...

I've met with some of you IRL and we are not all Bold & the beautiful material...

(but we do expect delivery within the promised timeframe and there is nothing wrong with that)

It's easy to understand , it's like watching a football game when your team loses and you start cursing all the players.
And right now people are not loosing a match , they are loosing money , lots of money with every delay.
It's not nice to see such personal attacks but the situation is quite a powder barrel at this time.

▄          ▄▄▄▄    ▄
            ███      ▄██████▀  ▀█▀
            ███     ▄██▀
            ███     ███        ▄█▄   ▄█▄ ▄█████▄▄         ▄▄██████▄      ▄█▄ ▄█████▄▄         ▄▄█████▄▄        ▄▄█████▄▄
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄  ███     ███        ███   ██████▀▀▀▀███▄     ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ██████▀▀▀▀███▄     ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄
  ▄████████▄███  ▄█████████▄   ███   ████▀      ▀███   ▄██▀       ▀██▄   ████▀      ▀███   ▄██▀       ▀█▀   ▄██▀       ▀██▄
▄███▀    ▀█████   ▀▀███▀▀▀▀    ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███              ███████████████
███   ▄▄   ▀███     ███        ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███              ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███   ▀▀   ▄███     ███        ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ▄    ███         ▄
▀███▄    ▄█████     ███        ███   ███         ███    ███▄▄   ▄▄████   ███         ███    ███▄▄    ▄███    ███▄▄   ▄▄███
  ▀████████▀███     ███        ███   ███         ███     ▀████████▀███   ███         ███     ▀█████████▀      ▀█████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▀       ▀          ▀     ▀           ▀         ▀▀▀▀▀   ▀     ▀           ▀         ▀▀▀▀▀            ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
   ▄▄▀▀       ▀▀▄▄
  █               █ ▄
 █   █▀▄ ▀█▀ ▀█▀   █ ▀▄
 █   █▀▄  █   █    █  ▀▄
  █  ▀▀   ▀   ▀   █    █
▄▀ ▄▄           ▄▀    ▄▀
 ▀▀  ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀      ▀▄
        ▀▄▄      ▄▄▀▀▄▄▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄
  ▄█▄              ▄███████▄
  ▀████▄▄         ██████▀██████▀
    ▀▀▀████▄▄     ███████████▀
    ▀██▄███████▄▄███████████
     ▄▄▄▀██████████████████
      ▀████████████████████
▀█▄▄     ▀████████████████
  ▀████████████████▀█████
    ▀████████████▀▄▄███▀
       ▀▀██████████▀▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄   ▄▄
              ▄▀ ▀▀█  █
             ▄▀     ▀▀
         ▄▄▄▄█▄
     ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
 ▄▀▄▀              ▀▄▀▄
█  █   ▄█▄    ▄█▄   █  █
 ▀█    ▀█▀    ▀█▀    █▀
  █                  █
   █   ▀▄      ▄▀   █
    ▀▄   ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▄▀
      ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀
New Age of DEFI
A Non-Code Platform for
Decentralized Trading Instruments

▄▄███████████████▄▄
 ▄█████████████████████▄
▄██████████████▀▀███████▄
████████████▀▀    ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄   ███████
██████▀▀     █    ███████
████▀       █     ███████
█████▄▄   ▄█      ███████
████████ ██▄      ███████
▀████████ ▀▄███▄▄███████▀
 ▀█████████████████████▀
   ▀▀███████████████▀▀

▄              ▄
   ▄███▄          ▄███▄
   █████▄  ▄▄▄▄  ▄█████
  ▄████████████████████▄
 ▄██████████████████████▄
 ████████████████████████
██████▀▀          ▀▀██████
█████▀   ▄      ▄   ▀█████
 ████   ███    ███   ████
  ████   ▀      ▀   ████
   ▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
     ▀▀████████████▀▀

▄▄████████████████▄▄
 ▄█████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀█████▄
▄████▀  ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀  ▀████▄
████▀                ▀████
███▀                  ▀███
███       ▄    ▄       ███
██▀      ███  ███      ▀██
██       ▀█▀  ▀█▀       ██
██▄     ▄        ▄     ▄██
▀██▄     ▀▀▄▄▄▄▀▀     ███▀
 ▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
   ▀▀████████████████▀▀
tacotime
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1005

View Profile
November 28, 2013, 01:08:00 PM

That is what the community liaison comes to talk about at the end of the day Wednesday? This, after posting on Friday that the substrates (the one item holding everything up and causing a couple months of delays) are supposed to have arrived on Monday?

I e-mailed them, they said they'd get back to me when they got results.  Haven't heard anything else.

Want me to ask them something?  PM me.

Code:
XMR: 44GBHzv6ZyQdJkjqZje6KLZ3xSyN1hBSFAnLP6EAqJtCRVzMzZmeXTC2AHKDS9aEDTRKmo6a6o9r9j86pYfhCWDkKjbtcns
cedivad
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 28, 2013, 01:10:59 PM

He made a good impression on me. He looks like to be the most honest of them.

Unfortunately true.

My anger against what is wrong in the Bitcoin community is productive:
Bitcointa.lk - Replace "Bitcointalk.org" with "Bitcointa.lk" in this url to see how this page looks like on a proper forum (Announcement Thread)
Hashfast.org - Wiki for screwed customers
amer

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 28, 2013, 03:33:54 PM

That is what the community liaison comes to talk about at the end of the day Wednesday? This, after posting on Friday that the substrates (the one item holding everything up and causing a couple months of delays) are supposed to have arrived on Monday?

I e-mailed them, they said they'd get back to me when they got results.  Haven't heard anything else.

Want me to ask them something?  PM me.

It's so obvious what to do here. I'll do two PR post outlines, one of them is a good one, one of them is a status quo and I won't charge a consulting fee and we can even play "guess which one is which"

Plan A:
1. Confirm receipt of substrates, including fluff comments about how great it is.
2. Discuss immediate short term/next steps - as in what happens in the next week (stay away from any other long term commitments, regardless of truth as long-term credibility is bad)
3. Mention some office names, mixed with recent indications of people hard at work - this will help indirectly address claims that there is no one there, to help take off the sting from the video release that was released and not received well because of general PR failures thus far.
4. Set reasonable approximate time for next update (and start preparing content for next update)
5. End on Happy Thanksgiving-esque comments to US customers.

Plan B:
1. Tell yourself that PR/community interaction is pointless because of lack of experience in dealing with a diverse online community and just hide in your cube in fetal position.
2. Post nothing.
3. Sometimes ignore step 2 because you can't resist and dig company deeper in hole by exposing that no plan exists for community relations.

tips: 1amerApYUVjsKSuVUtfjxaoi7QXG7Zwao
dopamine

Activity: 486
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 28, 2013, 04:47:12 PM

The writing is on the wall, they wont ship before dec 2013 and they will refund your BTC in USD. Image your 219 btc worth over $200,000k and then refund less than 20BTC, I think that is called a SCAM. When they promised full refund in BTC, if Hashfast failed to delivery dec 31 2013. Personal attacks is normal when you steal from your customers.

Someone with deep pockets needs make a example out of this company.

Bitcoinica still has not given me 50% of my claim of 600 BTC
INTERSANGO can go down with bitcoinica for abandoning customers
Alberto Armandi is a SCAMMER
mig91

Activity: 120

View Profile
November 28, 2013, 04:51:28 PM

tl;dr
anyone received miners from this company ?

im gonna buy a new asic and i am thinking that bitfury might be the best option
cedivad
Legendary

View Profile
November 28, 2013, 04:56:20 PM

We need to do that ourselves. What's the problem in sharing some money for a lawyer? I'm ready to put 10k$ in myself (i'm sorry to keep repeating that).

Bitcointa.lk - Replace "Bitcointalk.org" with "Bitcointa.lk" in this url to see how this page looks like on a proper forum (Announcement Thread)
starsoccer9
Legendary

Activity: 1630

View Profile
November 28, 2013, 05:05:03 PM

We need to do that ourselves. What's the problem in sharing some money for a lawyer? I'm ready to put 10k$ in myself (i'm sorry to keep repeating that).

How many units did you buy?

How much do you really think you can get even if you win?
cedivad
Legendary

View Profile
November 28, 2013, 05:17:05 PM

Too many.

I have no idea. I will ask for the BTC amount regardless of the exchange rate, anyway. Let it be 1000 or 100$.

They sold us a product only because of the lies, now we will only get 10% of our BTC back (pessimistic projection, i know), this in my opinion is unacceptable. Either you don't sell or you don't make fake promises you know you can't comply with.

And btw, to the one saying that they sold the amount directly on bitpay and that's the reason i won't get my BTC back even if they where promised in case of fail on delivery, my order didn't go trough bitpay for what i know.

niothor

Activity: 826
Merit: 501

in defi we trust

View Profile
November 28, 2013, 05:19:23 PM

Too many.

I have no idea. I will ask for the BTC amount regardless of the exchange rate, anyway. Let it be 1000 or 100$.

They sold us a product only because of the lies, now we will only get 10% of our BTC back (pessimistic projection, i know), this in my opinion is unacceptable. Either you don't sell or you don't make fake promises you know you can't comply with.

Since I assume you payed in BTC , did you ever looked where those btc went , if they even moved?

▄          ▄▄▄▄    ▄
            ███      ▄██████▀  ▀█▀
            ███     ▄██▀
            ███     ███        ▄█▄   ▄█▄ ▄█████▄▄         ▄▄██████▄      ▄█▄ ▄█████▄▄         ▄▄█████▄▄        ▄▄█████▄▄
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄  ███     ███        ███   ██████▀▀▀▀███▄     ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ██████▀▀▀▀███▄     ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄
  ▄████████▄███  ▄█████████▄   ███   ████▀      ▀███   ▄██▀       ▀██▄   ████▀      ▀███   ▄██▀       ▀█▀   ▄██▀       ▀██▄
▄███▀    ▀█████   ▀▀███▀▀▀▀    ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███              ███████████████
███   ▄▄   ▀███     ███        ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███              ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███   ▀▀   ▄███     ███        ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ▄    ███         ▄
▀███▄    ▄█████     ███        ███   ███         ███    ███▄▄   ▄▄████   ███         ███    ███▄▄    ▄███    ███▄▄   ▄▄███
  ▀████████▀███     ███        ███   ███         ███     ▀████████▀███   ███         ███     ▀█████████▀      ▀█████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▀       ▀          ▀     ▀           ▀         ▀▀▀▀▀   ▀     ▀           ▀         ▀▀▀▀▀            ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
   ▄▄▀▀       ▀▀▄▄
  █               █ ▄
 █   █▀▄ ▀█▀ ▀█▀   █ ▀▄
 █   █▀▄  █   █    █  ▀▄
  █  ▀▀   ▀   ▀   █    █
▄▀ ▄▄           ▄▀    ▄▀
 ▀▀  ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀      ▀▄
        ▀▄▄      ▄▄▀▀▄▄▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄
  ▄█▄              ▄███████▄
  ▀████▄▄         ██████▀██████▀
    ▀▀▀████▄▄     ███████████▀
    ▀██▄███████▄▄███████████
     ▄▄▄▀██████████████████
      ▀████████████████████
▀█▄▄     ▀████████████████
  ▀████████████████▀█████
    ▀████████████▀▄▄███▀
       ▀▀██████████▀▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄   ▄▄
              ▄▀ ▀▀█  █
             ▄▀     ▀▀
         ▄▄▄▄█▄
     ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
 ▄▀▄▀              ▀▄▀▄
█  █   ▄█▄    ▄█▄   █  █
 ▀█    ▀█▀    ▀█▀    █▀
  █                  █
   █   ▀▄      ▄▀   █
    ▀▄   ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▄▀
      ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀
New Age of DEFI
A Non-Code Platform for
Decentralized Trading Instruments

▄▄███████████████▄▄
 ▄█████████████████████▄
▄██████████████▀▀███████▄
████████████▀▀    ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄   ███████
██████▀▀     █    ███████
████▀       █     ███████
█████▄▄   ▄█      ███████
████████ ██▄      ███████
▀████████ ▀▄███▄▄███████▀
 ▀█████████████████████▀
   ▀▀███████████████▀▀

▄              ▄
   ▄███▄          ▄███▄
   █████▄  ▄▄▄▄  ▄█████
  ▄████████████████████▄
 ▄██████████████████████▄
 ████████████████████████
██████▀▀          ▀▀██████
█████▀   ▄      ▄   ▀█████
 ████   ███    ███   ████
  ████   ▀      ▀   ████
   ▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
     ▀▀████████████▀▀

▄▄████████████████▄▄
 ▄█████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀█████▄
▄████▀  ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀  ▀████▄
████▀                ▀████
███▀                  ▀███
███       ▄    ▄       ███
██▀      ███  ███      ▀██
██       ▀█▀  ▀█▀       ██
██▄     ▄        ▄     ▄██
▀██▄     ▀▀▄▄▄▄▀▀     ███▀
 ▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
   ▀▀████████████████▀▀
ninjarobot

Activity: 761

Mine Silent, Mine Deep

View Profile
November 28, 2013, 05:20:52 PM

He made a good impression on me. He looks like to be the most honest of them.

Yes, I met Simon at a Bitcoin Meetup back in May. He is a honest and stand up guy. Definitely more the techie type. He is not out to screw you over, he really wants to develop the best mining ASIC available. His association with HF was the leading factor for me to pre-order with them.

This is actually not that easy.

After my refund request was rejected I have contacted 2 attorneys that cover consumer law (http://wblawpartners.com/ and http://ohellaw.com/), however both have given me a notice of nonengagement so far citing "lack of experience in the subject matter". Likely because of the Bitcoin aspect.

I might reach out to a few others in the future. Note that I'm not out to sue HF, merely to get a full refund in BTC as I am a day 1 customer covered by the original ToS. If I find an attorney that specializes in consumer litigation that is willing to take this case the most likely way forward is that they will draft a Letter of Demand. That would put the ball back in HashFast's court.

Because I only have one unit on order I'm not as motivated as some of you to see this all the way through. On the other hand I do think that we need to counterbalance the actions of HashFast as currently it is a one-sided affair where the customers consistently gets the short end of the stick. I've been through a couple of similar cases before, most notably BFL and Bitcoinica. Doing nothing will get you royally screwed, but legal action is not as easy as it sounds.

The best outcome would be that HF ships a.s.a.p (Dec 16) and takes steps to compensate customers for their own failures, for example by shipping the MPP units with the original order.

amer

Activity: 168

View Profile
November 28, 2013, 05:54:50 PM

The writing is on the wall, they wont ship before dec 2013 and they will refund your BTC in USD. Image your 219 btc worth over $200,000k and then refund less than 20BTC, I think that is called a SCAM. When they promised full refund in BTC, if Hashfast failed to delivery dec 31 2013. Personal attacks is normal when you steal from your customers.

It's not really a scam unless there will never be any miners.

tips: 1amerApYUVjsKSuVUtfjxaoi7QXG7Zwao
minternj

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 28, 2013, 05:59:29 PM

Well the babyjet was around $6000 for october delivery. Its very clear now they were never on schedule for october, meanwhile reassuring customers they were all the way into october. Thats where the scammy part is. No one would have paid $6000 in august for a 400GH machine delivered in December.

Warning about Nitrogensports.eu
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=709114.0
defcon23
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1002

View Profile
November 28, 2013, 06:05:33 PM

Well the babyjet was around $6000 for october delivery. Its very clear now they were never on schedule for october, meanwhile reassuring customers they were all the way into october. Thats where the scammy part is. No one would have paid $6000 in august for a 400GH machine delivered in December.
+10
cedivad
Legendary

View Profile
November 28, 2013, 06:06:43 PM

Since I assume you payed in BTC , did you ever looked where those btc went , if they even moved?
I've never learned how to analyse the blockchain, but my money finished at this address after one single transaction:
https://blockchain.info/address/17hCi8apMUkzzLLJgUwfXxRJuykuo5Lcur

@ninjarobot, thanks for the feedback about your legal "experience" so far.
Unfortunately i have to completely agree with you when you say that doing nothing and expect them to act as they should is just the right way to be completely screwed. They already made their intentions way to clear.

minternj

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 28, 2013, 06:07:50 PM

For the amount of BTC involved you guys can look into class action status.

Warning about Nitrogensports.eu
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=709114.0
Jutarul
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 994

View Profile
November 28, 2013, 06:29:15 PM

It's not really a scam unless there will never be any miners.

A company doesn't have to be engaged in a scam to be liable for damages. Savings losses are damages to be considered and will have to be covered by the balance sheet of the supplier if they don't live up to their oral or written promises. The only thing which you can say goodbye to is the potential profit derived from the purchase or costs for legal action.

Should the TOS conflict with those oral or written promises a judge will have to determine whether the particular terms would have had to be actively advertised by the supplier, i.e. making them initial off them individually. Also what needs to be determined is whether the promise was an attempt to mislead the customer - which goes into the direction of consumer protection - because consumer can't be expected to study TOS or consult a lawyer every time they make a purchase.

The ASICMINER Project https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=99497.0
"The way you solve things is by making it politically profitable for the wrong people to do the right thing.", Milton Friedman
jspielberg

Activity: 490
Merit: 255

View Profile
November 28, 2013, 06:33:43 PM

+10

Agreed.  Though I think all the pitchforks would be stowed if MPP is delivered with the initial order. While no one in August would pay $6000 for 400GH delivered in late December, many would have considered for 2TH (i.e. in line with what Cointerra is offering).

I think that part that irks us most is the bait and switch feel about every change they touch.  The only good news I think we had heard was a change of full hash modules vs bare chips (which was a strange decision in the first place).
dopamine

Activity: 486

View Profile
November 28, 2013, 06:52:57 PM

Im starting to hate BTC because of all the scams, I took a hugh hit on bitcoincia bitdaytrade and now Hashfast. A lawsuit should happen ASAP. They never sold all the BTC to tapeout and to get started. They should honor BTC refund to all batch 1 users who request it because they said it multiple times if they failed to delivery before dec 31 2013 then they would refund the BTC. I hate to say it but im almost to the point to use over 1000k LTC to get this lawsuit going. HASHFAST not so fast you lost at being a company with all the lies and shady tos changes and your updates with nothing but vapouir trying to get more people to buy your hardware with no working machine.

HASHFAST is a SCAM stay away they wont honor shit...

Bitcoinica still has not given me 50% of my claim of 600 BTC
INTERSANGO can go down with bitcoinica for abandoning customers
Alberto Armandi is a SCAMMER
Pages: « 1 ... 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 [166] 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 ... 586 »
  Print  

Jump to: