Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 09:32:44 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 [168] 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 ... 586 »
  Print  
Author Topic: HashFast announces specs for new ASIC: 400GH/s  (Read 880232 times)
beavertank

Activity: 94
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 29, 2013, 04:35:17 AM

As for the refund in BTC/USD, I wonder if there's a precedent for someone paying for services in something like gold, the market changing, and then being paid back in not gold and that being unacceptable. That would be interesting if someone could find a helpful case of something like that.
1930s monetary gold was confiscated and gold delivery contracts that were specifically designed as a hedge were invalidated.  If anyone wins anything from HF you will only get dollars not BTC and that's even if they kept the BTC since legal fiat is the only option when it comes to damages.

...which has nothing to do with whether or not a refund could be ordered in BTC, or the current fiat equivalent to the quantity of originally paid BTC. Gold in the '30s was the subject of legislation which BTC is not, and what happened with it then is not useful for determining what would happen with BTC now.

Did I help you out, or otherwise say something useful? A handful of satoshis are a great way to say thanks! - Address: 18JUKdmE1Satf8HJUU3pf7iu5ymQX8AzER

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
opentoe
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000

Personal text my ass....

View Profile WWW
November 29, 2013, 04:52:57 AM

i just picked up a Neptune, lets see if its delivered before hash fast.... lol

You mean you just ordered a Neptune. Huge difference. A KNC Neptune miner still has yet to be even be designed or anything. KNC just wanted to be first to post a new hardware so all the addicts would jump the gun and drop 10k on a rig that no one will see for 6 months. I only wish you the best of luck, but I think with this Neptune it is more of a huge marketing decision then anything right now. Hey, maybe in 4 months you'll get some photoshop images of what it could possibly look like, unless they are sticking with that plain aluminum box, which is the worst thing in the world for air flow. Hasn't anyone figured out that a miner doesn't have to be square!!!??? Worst for internal cooling.

Need help with your Newznab usenet indexer? http://www.newznabforums.com
NetTime

Activity: 253
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 29, 2013, 05:18:33 AM

You mean you just ordered a Neptune. Huge difference. A KNC Neptune miner still has yet to be even be designed or anything. KNC just wanted to be first to post a new hardware so all the addicts would jump the gun and drop 10k on a rig that no one will see for 6 months. I only wish you the best of luck, but I think with this Neptune it is more of a huge marketing decision then anything right now. Hey, maybe in 4 months you'll get some photoshop images of what it could possibly look like, unless they are sticking with that plain aluminum box, which is the worst thing in the world for air flow. Hasn't anyone figured out that a miner doesn't have to be square!!!??? Worst for internal cooling.

You guys are a dime a dozen. How many of there were you when they said "You just dropped $7K on a miner that will never show up? They haven't even designed the Jupiter.." etc etc. Move along dude.

+1 they will be shipping or very close to shipping in 4 months... HashFail on the other hand will probably still be stringing you guys along.
opentoe
Legendary

Activity: 1274

Personal text my ass....

View Profile WWW
November 29, 2013, 05:23:14 AM

You guys are a dime a dozen. How many of there were you when they said "You just dropped $7K on a miner that will never show up? They haven't even designed the Jupiter.." etc etc. Move along dude.

I never bought a Jupiter, it was a Saturn and I only paid $3800 for it and upgraded to a Jupiter with buying extra modules which I received 7 days after ordering them. I've already broke even a while ago and just making pure profit right now. There is also a huge difference between when I ordered my Saturn. The delivery time was only 6 weeks away when I purchased it. Not months and months. That is where the difference is here. For some reason which I just don't understand people are pre-ordering hardware a half year in advance in the most volatile market there is. Its that damn greed bug that hits people. They can't get over the thought of how much money they can make but don't realize 1 week will feel like 2 months when waiting for it. Plain ol' torturing themselves. And no, I didn't order a Neptune from that other company KNC.....too long of a gap between them using my money and receiving a product.

Need help with your Newznab usenet indexer? http://www.newznabforums.com
Bogart
Legendary

Activity: 966

View Profile
November 29, 2013, 05:49:08 AM

ALWAYS BET ON iCE...

Since you like to bet, how about accepting mine?

I have 5 BTC that says HashFast will not ship a working miner containing Golden Nonce chips to even one customer in 2013.  (It has to be physical delivery.  Hosting doesn't count.)

Care to put up 5 BTC of your own against that?

"All safe deposit boxes in banks or financial institutions have been sealed... and may only be opened in the presence of an agent of the I.R.S." - President F.D. Roosevelt, 1933
dhenson
Legendary

Activity: 994

View Profile
November 29, 2013, 06:10:55 AM

ALWAYS BET ON iCE...

Since you like to bet, how about accepting mine?

I have 5 BTC that says HashFast will not ship a working miner containing Golden Nonce chips to even one customer in 2013.  (It has to be physical delivery.  Hosting doesn't count.)

Care to put up 5 BTC of your own against that?

I think I love you bogart.
DPoS

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 29, 2013, 06:45:08 AM

anytime I feel a bit blue for selling so many mined coins for cheap in Oct, I come to this thread and count my blessings

~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~Play Boardgames for Bitcoins!!~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~ Something I say help? Donate BTC! 1KN1K1xStzsgfYxdArSX4PEjFfcLEuYhid
itod
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1075

^ Will code for Bitcoins

View Profile
November 29, 2013, 08:28:46 AM

anytime I feel a bit blue for selling so many mined coins for cheap in Oct, I come to this thread and count my blessings

You are cheering on other people's misery? And you are not ashamed to admit it? What a special kind of asshole you are.
plasmoske

Activity: 308
Merit: 251

The realist

View Profile
November 29, 2013, 09:14:24 AM

If Hashfast are trying to scam, here's what they would do:

1. Put miners on sale. State delivery in Oct.
2. Collect BTC and store them away
3. Delay delay delay delay. Don't ship a single miner... ever.
4. Refund everyone back via USD in January/Feb (tos now stats refund made in usd only)
5. Wait few months for the dust to settle and then sell all the coins that have been stashed slowlyyyyyy.
6. Congrats. You're now multi billionaire.
7. Buy 6 mansions, 2 yachts, 1 Ferrari for every staff member, buy Mexico and retire.

Bonus step. Use the chips to mine more coins. Alternatively, destroy them.
Biffa
Legendary

Activity: 3220
Merit: 1220

View Profile
November 29, 2013, 09:19:30 AM

I never bought a Jupiter, it was a Saturn and I only paid $3800 for it and upgraded to a Jupiter with buying extra modules which I received 7 days after ordering them. I've already broke even a while ago and just making pure profit right now. There is also a huge difference between when I ordered my Saturn. The delivery time was only 6 weeks away when I purchased it. Not months and months. That is where the difference is here. For some reason which I just don't understand people are pre-ordering hardware a half year in advance in the most volatile market there is. Its that damn greed bug that hits people. They can't get over the thought of how much money they can make but don't realize 1 week will feel like 2 months when waiting for it. Plain ol' torturing themselves. And no, I didn't order a Neptune from that other company KNC.....too long of a gap between them using my money and receiving a product.

Why does it matter to you so much? The people buying Neptunes are existing customers, they know what they are in for, they know what they are doing, many of them did buy at $7K and some at more if you include international carriage and tax @ 20%

Mine @ pools that pay Tx fees & don't mine empty blocks :: kanopool :: ckpool ::
Should bitmain create LPM for all models?
:: Dalcore's Crypto Mining H/W Hosting Directory & Reputation ::
Biffa
Legendary

View Profile
November 29, 2013, 09:24:33 AM

You are cheering on other people's misery? And you are not ashamed to admit it? What a special kind of asshole you are.

+1 although I don't think DPoS is an asshole, maybe an asshat on the rare occasion? Smiley

I'm in two minds about it, I hope HF does ship before Dec 31st so people can get what they paid for, but I also understand that its going to be a bitter pill because of the increase in difficulty that will come about from the dump in raw TH into the pools.

I also really sympathise with the concept that if people had known their devices would have been delayed this long then they would never have ordered them in the first place, although others would probably have jumped in there to fill the slots eventually.

Mine @ pools that pay Tx fees & don't mine empty blocks :: kanopool :: ckpool ::
DPoS

Activity: 462

View Profile
November 29, 2013, 09:53:34 AM

+1 although I don't think DPoS is an asshole, maybe an asshat on the rare occasion? Smiley

I'm in two minds about it, I hope HF does ship before Dec 31st so people can get what they paid for, but I also understand that its going to be a bitter pill because of the increase in difficulty that will come about from the dump in raw TH into the pools.

I also really sympathise with the concept that if people had known their devices would have been delayed this long then they would never have ordered them in the first place, although others would probably have jumped in there to fill the slots eventually.

Wink

I did only say I count my blessings... a little different than cheering..(it is thanksgiving and all that)   but I see his point and will take another sip of scotch.

~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~Play Boardgames for Bitcoins!!~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~ Something I say help? Donate BTC! 1KN1K1xStzsgfYxdArSX4PEjFfcLEuYhid
Biffa
Legendary

View Profile
November 29, 2013, 10:33:31 AM

Wink

I did only say I count my blessings... a little different than cheering..(it is thanksgiving and all that)   but I see his point and will take another sip of scotch.

+1 and Amen to the scotch idea, although its 10:30 AM here and we don't celebrate thanksgiving :p

cedivad
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 29, 2013, 10:58:58 AM

[...]  If anyone wins anything from HF you will only get dollars not BTC and that's even if they kept the BTC since legal fiat is the only option when it comes to damages.

http://blogs.wsj.com/moneybeat/2013/11/07/judge-orders-coinlab-to-pay-up-in-bitcoin/
Thanks.

My anger against what is wrong in the Bitcoin community is productive:
Bitcointa.lk - Replace "Bitcointalk.org" with "Bitcointa.lk" in this url to see how this page looks like on a proper forum (Announcement Thread)
Hashfast.org - Wiki for screwed customers
beavertank

Activity: 94
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 29, 2013, 04:17:28 PM

If Hashfast are trying to scam, here's what they would do:

1. Put miners on sale. State delivery in Oct.
2. Collect BTC and store them away
3. Delay delay delay delay. Don't ship a single miner... ever.
4. Refund everyone back via USD in January/Feb (tos now stats refund made in usd only)
5. Wait few months for the dust to settle and then sell all the coins that have been stashed slowlyyyyyy.
6. Congrats. You're now multi billionaire.
7. Buy 6 mansions, 2 yachts, 1 Ferrari for every staff member, buy Mexico and retire.

Bonus step. Use the chips to mine more coins. Alternatively, destroy them.

The problem is, changing the TOS after the sale has been made is ineffective against anyone who bought before the change. They can try as hard as they like to say "here's your $X, that's what you're entitled to under the new terms", but they can also be dragged into court and made to pay out the BTC they received or an equivalent value in today's market.

There is no real question that you could get such relief out of a court, only the difficulty of explaining the situation sufficiently to get what you're entitled to.

If HashFast is really going to try that, they've bought themselves nothing but a lawsuit that they're all but guaranteed to lose.

That said, even talking to a lawyer about it now is premature, because they haven't failed to deliver and the listed date for delivery hasn't passed. There is no case yet. As soon as they fail to deliver, and refuse to refund BTC purchases in BTC, I'll be out hunting down a lawyer... but until then there's no point to it.

Did I help you out, or otherwise say something useful? A handful of satoshis are a great way to say thanks! - Address: 18JUKdmE1Satf8HJUU3pf7iu5ymQX8AzER
dopamine

Activity: 486
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 29, 2013, 06:53:04 PM
Last edit: November 29, 2013, 07:08:24 PM by dopamine

I have over 1000LTC ready to be use against Hashfast once December 31 2013 passes and if they still havent shipped and if they refuse my refund in BTC the lawsuit will start and im sure I wont be the only one. We no longer need Trolls to tell you not to deal with hashfast.

Intresting read, as you can see even Hashfast has protected themselves with all the changes to the tos but the courts will favor the consumers.  But hashfast made a big mistake changing the tos, they are pretty much saying they wont be delivering before dec 32 2012 because of the changes in tos. "For accounting reason refunds will be refunded in USD"
http://www.justanswer.com/consumer-protection-law/82mir-made-pre-order-online-product-august-9-2013.html

Bitcoinica still has not given me 50% of my claim of 600 BTC
INTERSANGO can go down with bitcoinica for abandoning customers
Alberto Armandi is a SCAMMER
Gyrsur
Legendary

Activity: 2856
Merit: 1518

Bitcoin Legal Tender Countries: 2 of 206

View Profile WWW
November 29, 2013, 07:07:28 PM
Last edit: November 29, 2013, 07:52:00 PM by Gyrsur

HashFast Production Update

Miner Protection Program
For those of you covered under the Miner Protection Program™ (https://hashfast.com/miner-protection-program/), this delay will not affect the starting point from which benefits are calculated. For First Batch Baby Jets, the start date of the program will be retroactive to October 30th. We want to make sure a delayed ship date does not reduce the value of the program.

- The HashFast Team

how much did we make back with our virtual BabyJets batch one?

I mean if the MMP did start on October 30th someone have to count the amount we made back since then and still counting.

how much of my order #13xx with 49+ BTC I made back in 30 days to caclulate the amount of free chip bundles up to 4 (1600 / 400 = 4). Roll Eyes

The MPP coverage extends to up to 400% of the capacity purchased. For a Baby Jet, with a nominal 400 Ghash/s capacity, the MPP is limited to sending an additional 1.6 Terrahash/s of additional ASIC hashing capacity, for a total of 2 Terahashes!

https://hashfast.com/miner-protection-program/

EDIT: they spoke official on their website to deliver BabyJet first batch when? start to deliver on 20-30th of October?  Roll Eyes

gjpminingco

Activity: 350

Co-Owner Of DCMCo-Op Mining Farm at 3.5 th/s

View Profile WWW
November 29, 2013, 08:35:33 PM

Uhhh that is Old News

cedivad
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 29, 2013, 09:09:10 PM

I mean if the MMP did start on October 30th someone have to count the amount we made back since then and still counting.
That's incredible, isn't it? We read what we want to read.

My anger against what is wrong in the Bitcoin community is productive:
Bitcointa.lk - Replace "Bitcointalk.org" with "Bitcointa.lk" in this url to see how this page looks like on a proper forum (Announcement Thread)
Hashfast.org - Wiki for screwed customers
Gyrsur
Legendary

Activity: 2856
Merit: 1518

Bitcoin Legal Tender Countries: 2 of 206

View Profile WWW
November 29, 2013, 09:10:48 PM

Uhhh that is Old News

better you did quote his post. younger people tend to delete their post if they aware it was not a super-duper post, I guess.  Grin

Pages: « 1 ... 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 [168] 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 ... 586 »
  Print  

Jump to: