Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 09:45:32 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 [219] 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 ... 586 »
  Print  
Author Topic: HashFast announces specs for new ASIC: 400GH/s  (Read 880232 times)
Visesrion

Activity: 826
Merit: 314

GIF by SOCIFI

View Profile
December 17, 2013, 08:21:29 PM

It does say that 400 BJs were assembled and packaged. I don't they would be packaged without chips. I'm hoping this means shipping will begin in a few days. 

I came out here yesterday, with three modules in my carry-on

We made good progress in working out how best to attach the cooling head to the chip in an easy and repeatable fashion.

They took the Baby Jets’ chassis’ out of their boxes and opened them up. Removed their drive bays and other unneeded components. Unboxed the Seasonic power supplies, attached and labeled their cables, and installed the supplies in the Baby Jets. Inserted the cooling unit and radiator. Added an additional chassis fan on the back of the box. Then screwed the chassis back together, put it back in its styrofoam packing material, and stacked each on pallets.

For sure that they have not put any pcbs or chips into the 400 BJs. They are in "progress" on how to mount them and simply insert the power supply, fans and water cooling components. Good job Ciara, HF as usual

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄                          ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
             █████████████████                   █████████████████
         █████████████████████████           █████████████████████████
       █████████████████████████████       █████████████████████████████
     █████████████████████████████████   █████████████████████████████████
   ████████████▀           ▀██████████████████████████████████████████████
  ████████████▄▄███████████▄▄█████████▓▓▓███████████████████████████████████
 ▐██████████████▀         ▀██████████▓▓▓▓████████████████████████████████████
 ██████████████▄▄█████████▄▄█████████▓▓▓▓▓████████████████████████████████████
▐█████████████████▀      ▀██████████▓▓▓▓▓▓████████████████████████████████████▌
▐████████████████▄▄██████▄▄█████████▓▓▓▓▓▓▓███████████████████████████████████▌
▐██████████████████      ███████████▓▓▓▓▓▓▓███████████████████████████████████▌
▐██████████████████ ████ ████████████▓▓▓▓▓████████████████████████████████████
 ██████████████████ ████ ████████████▓▓▓▓▓███████████████    ████████████████
  █████████████████ ████ █████████████▓▓▓████████████████   █████████████   █
   ████████████████      ███████████████████████████████    ███████████
    ██████████████████████████████████ ██████████████████     ████████
      ███████████████████████████████     █████████████████
        ███████████████████████████         █████████████████▓
           ████████████████████                ███████████████████▓
               ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀                       ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄████████▄▄▄
▄▄██████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
▄████████████████████████████▄
████████████████████████████████
▓████████████████████████████████▓
███████████████████████▒░███████████
▄█████████████████▒░      ███████████▄
█████████████░░          ░████████████
█████████░              ░█████████████
██████████▓░░          ░██████████████
██████████████▓░       ███████████████
▀███████████████▒     ░██████████████▀
████████████████▒   ░███████████████
████████████████░ ░███████████████
████████████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████████▀
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀██████████████████▀▀
 ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
JOIN OUR
TELEGRAM

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
eiliant

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 17, 2013, 08:24:42 PM

On a side note cyberdoc pump the shit out of hashfast and he sold his pre orders...

Source?
cedivad
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 17, 2013, 08:27:02 PM

And no I have not tried to contact them, I was waiting to see if HF was going to offer any reasonable upgrade in a timely manner.   Roll Eyes
You know, that was your mistake. HF already proved several times their intentions. A treat of a legal action won't change anything. We need a real legal action.

And, BTW, my lawyer accepts BTC. Does yours?

My anger against what is wrong in the Bitcoin community is productive:
Bitcointa.lk - Replace "Bitcointalk.org" with "Bitcointa.lk" in this url to see how this page looks like on a proper forum (Announcement Thread)
Hashfast.org - Wiki for screwed customers
Jutarul
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 994
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 17, 2013, 08:31:12 PM

And no I have not tried to contact them, I was waiting to see if HF was going to offer any reasonable upgrade in a timely manner.   Roll Eyes
You know, that was your mistake. HF already proved several times their intentions. A treat of a legal action won't change anything. We need a real legal action.
To anyone who hasn't done so yet: You need to lawyer up. There's no room for mistakes with a company like Hashfast, now that it is clear that they are pursuing malicious business practices. At this point there is no reason not to assume there will be another major foul play coming.

When you accept delivery and test the equipment make sure that you have lots of witnesses around and lots of camera pictures, maybe even video documentation. Pay an electrical engineer or somebody professional to be present when you set up the equipment and who is willing to support you in court.

To give you a mental prep up: At this point assume that the whole thing is a car accident and you need to prove in court that it's not your fault.

The ASICMINER Project https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=99497.0
"The way you solve things is by making it politically profitable for the wrong people to do the right thing.", Milton Friedman
defcon23
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1002

View Profile
December 17, 2013, 08:44:13 PM

And no I have not tried to contact them, I was waiting to see if HF was going to offer any reasonable upgrade in a timely manner.   Roll Eyes
To anyone who hasn't done so yet: You need to lawyer up. There's no room for mistakes with a company like Hashfast, now that it is clear that they are pursuing malicious business practices. At this point there is no reason not to assume there will be another major foul play coming.

When you accept delivery and test the equipment make sure that you have lots of witnesses around and lots of camera pictures, maybe even video documentation. Pay an electrical engineer or somebody professional to be present when you set up the equipment and who is willing to support you in court.

To give you a mental prep up: At this point assume that the whole thing is a car accident and you need to prove in court that it's not your fault.
YEAH !! ...  this is exactly what my lawyer explain me today !  Grin
allinvain
Legendary

Activity: 3080
Merit: 1080

View Profile WWW
December 17, 2013, 09:53:44 PM

I also observed a funny phenomenon where the system slowly overclocks itself. Essentially the resistance on the h-cards at the R02 resistor lowers itself with time. Don't ask me how this happens, but it may be somehow the way I pencil modded them? I dunno, either way I'm hoping that it will remain stable for now.

Anyways, wrong thread for this discussion.

Yes, that's true!! The R02 resistor lowers itself with time. I guess the hot carbon sitting in that resistor becomes more "resisting" over time?? I've consistently seen this effect as well. I used HB pencil. A good experiment is to use H2 or harder pencil to see if it has the same or worse effect.

This is pretty odd, when carbon resistors age, the resistance *always* goes up (as in 1k resistor will become 1.1k).  Weird.

Yeah it makes no sense to me either. I would expect as some of the carbon falls off essentially what should happen is seeing as how there are fewer carbon chains there the resistance should go UP and thus the cards should begin to slow down in hashing performance as the voltage drops. I guess there must be some other factor that I am not aware of. Maybe the extra heat is causing some of the solder around the resistor to change shape and perhaps causing more contact or some voodoo like that?

Anyways, I just hope that these babyjets don't start melting my PSU cables like the bitfury units.

Not to embarrass anyone, but I will have to say that you can't measure the passive resistance of a device that is on with a multimeter. It makes a lot of sense that the multimeter is measuring a slowly decreasing resistance when that happens. (Exceptions apply, but this is probably not the case here)

The device is not on when measuring the resistance. Because these blades sit in a backplane parallel to each other at close quarters, it is damn near impossible to measure electricals while it's running, unless of course you have just one board or a few boards active and there is ample space between the boards.

I measured the ohm on the R02F resistor while the board was out of the rig and completely powered off.

allinvain
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 17, 2013, 09:55:16 PM

The point that I'm trying to get a cross here is that over-engineering something is a good thing when you can do it without an unreasonable increase in cost.

This is one thing I don't know why more companies don't do.    Simple way to overengineer .... include a second power connector.   It is like a $0.20 part (probably less in high volume) and it adds maybe $0.02 to asembly cost.   Just attach both connector to the same power plane.  

When running close to the limit it is an easy way to add "insurance".  Given that consumers may be using unknown power supplies from unknown companies it is a way to spread out the load and if the pins in a connector are slightly loose (increased resistance) it may be enough to prevent a fire.   This is one reason why the PCIe standard is so conservative.   Yeah a 6 pin connector "can" handle 300W assuming a tight fit (hot often will a consumer push the connector in but it doesn't seat fully and results in increased resistance), the power supply company didn't cut corners, some knock off OEM didn't cheap out and use 20 AWG wiring instead of 18 AWG or use some chinese knock off just slightly out of spec crimp pins instead of ones by Molex or other major part supplies.  

In the real world lots of things can happen which are unpredictable.  A graphics card which pulls 150W from the PCIe connectors will normally use two 6 pin instead of 1 pin pin.  It is pulling 75W per connector for one which optimally should be able to handle 300W.  That overengineering is cheap insurance.  Say it adds $0.12 in cost to a $120 card ($199 retail).  If it reduces the warranty failure rate by 0.006% you broke even.

+1

I wonder if we'll ever see a bitcoin asic manufacturer ever adopt this mentality. It seems they all just do the minimum possible or worse.

allinvain
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 17, 2013, 09:57:32 PM

Not to embarrass anyone, but I will have to say that you can't measure the passive resistance of a device that is on with a multimeter. It makes a lot of sense that the multimeter is measuring a slowly decreasing resistance when that happens. (Exceptions apply, but this is probably not the case here)

Not sure but I don't think he means measured while operating (as in resistance is declining in real time).  More likely rig is off resistance is measured.    Rig operates for some times (weeks? months?) user notices hashrate is higher, turns off rig and measures resistance which is now higher.

Correction: resistance is _lower_ lower resistance more voltage..goes from 1.20 ohm to 1.03 or lower - one h-card went as low as 0.99 ohms..These are of course K ohm..1.20K. You get my picture.

allinvain
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 17, 2013, 09:59:30 PM

Has there been any mention of when batch 2 is "projected" to be shipped? 

They "really" haven't even said when Batch 1 will ship.  They have said they will ship Batch 2 right after Batch 1.  There will be no artificial gap or delay.  Yet another way that Batch 1 customers got screwed essentially they are Batch 2 customers who paid double the price for nothing.

Yep, and if you ordered the upgrade kit it does you no good as you'll get it after batch 4, so I said screw it and opted not to give them any more of my money. Way to reward the first risk takers!

What can I say, the wolf cares not what the sheep thinks at dinner time!

Syke
Legendary

Activity: 3878
Merit: 1193

View Profile
December 17, 2013, 10:02:51 PM

They took the Baby Jets’ chassis’ out of their boxes and opened them up. Removed their drive bays and other unneeded components. Unboxed the Seasonic power supplies, attached and labeled their cables, and installed the supplies in the Baby Jets.

It's good to see Ciara putting their expertise to good use. Unboxing ATX power supplies and putting them into cases can be *really* tricky! I sure hope their technicians were fully trained and certified in the proper use of a #2 screwdriver.

Buy & Hold
allinvain
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 17, 2013, 10:03:25 PM

On a completely hypothetic scenario, what stops them from shipping 2 boards per bj with 2 dies on each board instead of 4? Nothing. No issue there. I keep betting that 99% they will ship by the end of year.

In that case they would be robbing you of a possible upgrade path - not that it means shit since an extra 400+ GH isn't going to do diddly squat when upgrade boards get shipped (after or during batch4).

Either way you will get screwed somehow! (don't forget the lube)

allinvain
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 17, 2013, 10:06:37 PM

Instead of doing "+1" or claiming that you will see them in court, start coordinating with other users. Build relationships and ideas on how to proceed. It doesn't happen automatically.

I haven't been following your travails with HF, but are you seriously starting legal proceedings against them? You may have more people to your side soon. Class action lawsuit for the win - hopefully! lol

RoadStress
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1007

View Profile
December 17, 2013, 10:07:37 PM

I still wonder why wouldn't they post a picture of the chips before 5 December? Of course they were "missing" the substrate (clock buffers anyone?), but they could have post a picture in November or October with naked chips. I never saw such thing. So the only explanation that comes to my mind is that they already knew that they will have chips in hand in December and that's why they reserved some days at Ciara on 16 December.

allinvain
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 17, 2013, 10:07:57 PM

It is time HF reached out to customers to confirm shipping dates and addresses.

I provided a work based shipping address but during the holidays it will be closed. If this is the case I will need to change the address to my home address. i.e. I need to know *when* my unit ships to determine where to receive it.

Also whatever happened to the managed hosting plans? HF will not be able to deliver all 550 units globally before the end of the year (Most postal services are overloaded around Xmas) and merely providing tracking numbers is *not* a substitute for delivery.

HF get your act together.

Here is one way they can save their skins - give EVERY batch 1 customer free 6 month hosting! Tadaaaa...no worries about shipping delays and hence no breaking of the ToS.

ninjarobot

Activity: 761
Merit: 500

Mine Silent, Mine Deep

View Profile
December 17, 2013, 10:08:10 PM

they sure as hell had better ship a box with the upgrades. Otherwise the "upgrades" will be little more than more MPP that we'll have to buy empty boxes for. When I bought my upgrade, I was buying another *functional* 400 GH/s, and I won't accept any less...

You might be surprised at the things you'll accept once they have you fully bent over (i.e. right now).
RHA

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 17, 2013, 10:12:27 PM

At Ciara "They (...) put it back in its styrofoam packing material, and stacked each on pallets."
It does say that 400 BJs were assembled and packaged. I don't they would be packaged without chips. I'm hoping this means shipping will begin in a few days. 
Putting it back in its styrofoam packing material and stacking each on pallets is not packaging them.
It is just what was to be done after a partial assembly, while the final assembly will be in future.
Witness

Activity: 68

View Profile
December 17, 2013, 10:22:36 PM

I'm more than happy to take legal action, someone please advise if it possible from abroad.?

_HashFast Technologies_28 nm mining
Producer of High Performance ASICS  (IT'S A SCAM)
BabyJets & Sierras On Sale today!
cedivad
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 17, 2013, 10:25:09 PM

I'm abroad as well, and i don't see a problem with that. (eu).

My anger against what is wrong in the Bitcoin community is productive:
Bitcointa.lk - Replace "Bitcointalk.org" with "Bitcointa.lk" in this url to see how this page looks like on a proper forum (Announcement Thread)
Hashfast.org - Wiki for screwed customers
Witness

Activity: 68

View Profile
December 17, 2013, 10:35:46 PM

+10 good news to me  Grin I'm sorry to say but hashfast customers sound alot more switched on. And this lawsuit is going ahead. Whether it's today or a year from now the record is there.

_HashFast Technologies_28 nm mining
Producer of High Performance ASICS  (IT'S A SCAM)
BabyJets & Sierras On Sale today!
allinvain
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 17, 2013, 10:39:23 PM

+10 good news to me  Grin I'm sorry to say but hashfast customers sound alot more switched on. And this lawsuit is going ahead. Whether it's today or a year from now the record is there.

Hmm, well, for the record BFL got away with it, HF will likely too. It takes a rare kind of breed to actually do something. HF just have to wait it out, meanwhile their "creative pickaxing" (to borrow a phrase from Death&Taxes) will have paid off.

Pages: « 1 ... 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 [219] 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 ... 586 »
  Print  

Jump to: