Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 09:02:41 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 [223] 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 ... 586 »
  Print  
Author Topic: HashFast announces specs for new ASIC: 400GH/s  (Read 880232 times)
allinvain
Legendary

Activity: 3080
Merit: 1080

View Profile WWW
December 18, 2013, 09:32:08 AM

Will they just give you a Sierra case if you ask them for it at cost? Or is this something they did just for you on a one-time basis?

I offered them to pay the case when I asked for it, because we all know how it's HF at this time. They refused it anyways.
It may me just me, but I think that many others would prefer to have a rack case to be ready when the MPP comes and to fit better into a dc.

For what it matters, john at the time said that it was natural that he offered me to switch to the sierra case, and that he had accepted every similar request from every other customer that asked... This is why i never tough of this as a one time basis thing, and never had a problem sharing it with everyone, when i tough HF to be legit...
Now we know that it was just another lie?

[end of useless ot for me]

I have also sent the request to John on skype and in 8 days I did not get and answer

Let's stay ot yes  Smiley

Son of a bitch, I'm going to be stuck with a pile of babyjets up to the ceiling and I'll STILL not make back my original purchase price in btc. *Sigh*

Quickly someone go burn their facility down so they can't ship out and hence forced to refund everyone..kidddiiiiing..Smiley

Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
cedivad
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 18, 2013, 09:51:08 AM

edit:  i would feel a little better if they would confirm the mid nov ship time
Not gonna happen, they kept pushing on the "before next year" shipping date since the delay. They will have to find alternative excuses for the delay after November, tough

I was wrong, they didn't have to use any other excuses Smiley

My anger against what is wrong in the Bitcoin community is productive:
Bitcointa.lk - Replace "Bitcointalk.org" with "Bitcointa.lk" in this url to see how this page looks like on a proper forum (Announcement Thread)
Hashfast.org - Wiki for screwed customers
perezoso

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 18, 2013, 02:02:35 PM

Even you try just to change the CASE of the BJ for a sierra one in order to fit into a normal dc racks, the answer will be a big NO

This is hashfast  Angry

I was saying this months ago, that BJ orders should ship in Sierra cases, and the loudmouth 'techsperts' in this thread were extremely dismissive.  "Go out and buy your own components, I just want chips" and crap like that was the response.  Idiots.

But Hashfast has said that they will have their preferred case/components available for purchase when the MPP boards become available.  It's in this thread, somewhere back there.
bitcoinermax

Activity: 29
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 18, 2013, 03:13:33 PM

It was nothing special, other than being of topic, actually.
BTC price back to one month ago? What a crash! HF, we are gonna to sub 10$, please refund me my BTC. Thanks.

Cedivad - I'm curious. If all you want are your BTCs back, why did you ever buy mining equipment in the 1st place? Wouldn't it have been easier and less stressful to have just kept your BTC?

As for suing HF, please remember that you are dealing with a start up. So unless they get a lot bigger/more successful, i am not sure what you will achieve by suing them, as it will simply be like stabbing a straw man. All that will happen is that you will make things harder for the co and perhaps force them into liquidation and in this case, there will likely be even less support for their equipment than if they are still around. The same applies to other startups too BTW as there are usually few (if any) assets to go after with a start up. You might therefore want to save your money rather than throw good money after bad, if that is what turns out to be the case. Buy more BTCs if you believe they will go up from here, but don't waste your money on lawyers when it is likely there will be nothing to go after
cedivad
Legendary

View Profile
December 18, 2013, 03:31:30 PM

@bitcoinermax, i've already replied to these points several times. It's not a startup. They have our money, they stole them, and they have some valuable assets. Sorry but i don't have the will to further explain this.

Bitcointa.lk - Replace "Bitcointalk.org" with "Bitcointa.lk" in this url to see how this page looks like on a proper forum (Announcement Thread)
paranoidx

Activity: 146
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 18, 2013, 04:09:36 PM
Last edit: December 19, 2013, 12:26:50 AM by paranoidx

Cedivad - I'm curious. If all you want are your BTCs back, why did you ever buy mining equipment in the 1st place? Wouldn't it have been easier and less stressful to have just kept your BTC?

As for suing HF, please remember that you are dealing with a start up. So unless they get a lot bigger/more successful, i am not sure what you will achieve by suing them, as it will simply be like stabbing a straw man. All that will happen is that you will make things harder for the co and perhaps force them into liquidation and in this case, there will likely be even less support for their equipment than if they are still around. The same applies to other startups too BTW as there are usually few (if any) assets to go after with a start up. You might therefore want to save your money rather than throw good money after bad, if that is what turns out to be the case. Buy more BTCs if you believe they will go up from here, but don't waste your money on lawyers when it is likely there will be nothing to go after

This Startup lied to their customers and gave them a false date of October to get the necessary money to start their comapny.  It was all lies from the very beginning with no way they would ever be able to deliver on time.  They took note of the fact that BFL never got sued and thought they would take advantage of the situation as well.  If Hashfast doesn't get sued, more companies will follow by example and lie/steal from their customers.  They broke the law and they should be sued.
perezoso

Activity: 392

View Profile
December 18, 2013, 04:55:17 PM

It's unclear, but it appears to me that people with multiple BJs on order (3 or more?) can be shipped as Sierras, whereas people with one BJ (and maybe two?) are not being offered upgrades.

In my case, I'll have 6 boards (eventually) to deal with. I suppose that I could handle 3 BJ cases rather than 2 Sierra cases, although like most people I'd prefer the latter.  

Price point of the extra hardware will be important.  If they try to gouge for the ancillary hardware, it'll piss me off even more.  Yeah, I know, you can build your own and I might do that, but I'd prefer to have the system constructed as intended.
mgio

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 18, 2013, 05:19:17 PM

They (should) include a RPi.

Hi MrTeal,

The Baby Jet comes with a Raspberry Pi running cgminer on Raspbian Linux.

More info here:

https://hashfast.com/the-baby-jet-controller/

The Baby Jet ships with a built in Raspberry Pi model B. This acts as the controller for the one or two GN chips in the Baby Jet. The controller talks to the chips over its internal serial port. The Raspberry Pi will ship with an SD Card pre-loaded with the standard Debian/Linux derivative Raspbian OS, complete with CGMiner pre-installed. You can SSH into it to configure it, and install whatever other software you need. The Raspberry Pi’s Ethernet port and 2 USB ports are available on the back panel of the Baby Jet for you to connect to.

The Sierra needs something a little more powerful than the Pi.  Any old 1U server, desktop, or laptop is fine.  Even a newer Android tablet should work!

Thanks for confirming that for us - or for me as I apparently I was the only one who didn't know this.
One quick question though, does the rasp  pi image come with a fancy web gui as well ? Not that It's needed, but I'm just curious to know.
This is a heads up: If they run the OS from the build-in SD card it's likely gonna fail sooner or later (filesystem damages) and will have to be re-imaged, as happened to the bitfury machines. So be prepared to swap any failing SD cards.

Yes, this is definitely true. I have 5 raspberry pis, most of which I'm actively using all the time and I've had to replace two SD cards in the past couple months so far.
minternj

Activity: 434

View Profile
December 18, 2013, 06:43:45 PM

Any of you guys have experience with connecting a sata drive to a raspi? I think i will go that route to avoid problems with the sd card.

Warning about Nitrogensports.eu
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=709114.0
cedivad
Legendary

View Profile
December 18, 2013, 06:48:10 PM

I think that you could use an usb adapter (sata to usb). You could also create a raid 1 over 2 usb sticks. Another opinion would be to create a sierra like setup, where the boards are directly connected to an external server (chaining as described in the protocol).

jspielberg

Activity: 490
Merit: 255

View Profile
December 18, 2013, 07:49:13 PM

There was some discussion earlier in the thread about using NFS to boot.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=262052.msg4021240;topicseen#msg4021240

I haven't looked at this yet...  so YMMV...

Personally, I am just going to burn a dd-image of the card as soon as it arrives, and will re-dd the image on top if it gets corrupted.  I have had to reimage my megabigpower miner and it wasn't a big deal.
minternj

View Profile
December 18, 2013, 08:39:42 PM

I don't have nfs available where i mine to boot off of. I am thinking I can set the partition or the whole SD card to read only after I configure the pool settings. I am seeing that helps on some raspi forums with the sd card corruption.  Of course it means all logging is lost but I don't care about that.

timmah

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 18, 2013, 09:29:03 PM

This Startup lied to their customers and game them a false date of October to get the necessary money to start their comapny.  It was all lies from the very beginning with no way they would ever be able to deliver on time.  They took note of the fact that BFL never got sued and thought they would take advantage of the situation as well.  If Hashfast doesn't get sued, more companies will follow by example and lie/steal from their customers.  They broke the law and they should be sued.

Do some searches for the HF Execs including John, it shows that they filed paperwork for an LLC (Hashfast LLC) in Delaware and it shows that they got "capital" from 7 investors at about $650k to start the company, strange thing is that the paperwork was filed late this October.

The LLC filing is just strange is all.... BUT obviously they knew they needed our pre-order money to build our machines in the first place as $650k is no where near what is necessary to most likely even get a sit-down to pen a deal with their "partners" (vendors really) as they basically ran an office that could have been even a home based business as (correct me if I'm wrong) but EVERYTHING (short of the marketing) was Outsourced (as confirmed by John in an interview from the Singapore BTC conference).  What they did by saying all those companies which they contracted to build their machines are partners is like saying that because you bought Volume Licenses from Microsoft and say that they are now a "partner" in your business.  I'm pretty sure that even the actual IC development was entirely outsourced as well as I don't believe that I saw any reference to any of the company execs having the engineering degree or experience to create any type of IC, fpga or asic...

Another example is the SeaSonic "partnership" is the same deal, they just made a deal to purchase a bulk amount at whatever price the negotiated for STOCK power supplies so it's not like they had custom made ones just for HF which would be what I would call a REAL partnership.  Using off the shelf retail products is not at all a real partnership, even the 4u "Sierra" server cases are retail off the shelf and was told that they used 4u cases because it was more available than the 2u cases... also most likely increase cost as they would need to get 2u server parts and have some custom made water coolers etc to make a truly custom 2u product.

Those "partnerships" are also just to make a marketing PR announcement to give HF some media attention and that also cost quite a bit of money depending on how much exposure you want, the more you pay the more likely the PR firms will get the article picked up by bigger media outlets.

In reality, we could have just done this all ourselves if we organized a group buy and got enough funds to contract all the companies which is exactly what HF did.  Yes, they found out which companies they needed to approach but that is not so hard since BF Labs already did some of their homework on who to approach to produce their wafers as well as learning from the previous ASIC manufactures as well.

Most likely if we did end up doing a group buy, everything in the process would be transparent and everyone would benefit a whole lot more as the money would really end up being used to build a very nicely designed ASIC with custom just about everything and still end up being cheaper than what we paid.

I owned a company for about 10 years that dealt in enterprise level hardware sales and logistics so I know first hand how that process works as my office and I have direct experience with outsourcing, talent, labor, product and PR.  So instead of HF keeping a bunch of money for themselves we could have done the same thing that they did but even could have made the hardware open source or something like that.

Oh and the RPi that they decided to use could have just as easily been a beagle board like KnC and it does have a nice (enough) web based front end to control the basic mining functions and even give custom readouts of volt/temp/core functionality, SSH console access, etc.  Since the BBB that they used has built in solid state storage there is no issue with having the SD cards fail and it runs linux just fine with the gui on top.  They even had the foresight to let people upgrade the firmware through the BBB and I believe that they let the software on the BBB control as much of the boards as they could so that it would be easy for people to update firmware and tweak the machines as they wish instead of having those functions programmed to an eprom on their boards.

Unlike BFL which needed a serial cable and an eprom programmer to update any firmware.  The question is what will it be like when we get our HF machines?  Is it really that hard to make a simple web based gui with like 7 pages?  It doesn't even need mysql, log data can be stored in plain text files, I don't really see a need for a DB for the web GUI so should be easy to build.

Oh and the 1u "controller" for the Sierras are just RPis with a usb hub.
cedivad
Legendary

View Profile
December 18, 2013, 09:36:36 PM

My invoice says "HashFast Technologies, Inc. (“Hashfast”) 97 South Second Street #175 San Jose, 95113 United States".
I will never have nothing to do with HashFast LLC, i suppose.

You seem to have done a lot of paperwork. Any interesting conclusion you would like to share? Thanks.

mgio

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 18, 2013, 09:42:07 PM

Since it looks like HashFast isn't going to ship in time, we all have an important decision to make.

Do we accept the machines late and run them anyways and hope to break even?

Or do we ask for our money back and get 10.04 BTC or so guaranteed. I guess it really depends on when the MPP chips are received, which is something they haven't talked at all about yet.
Gyrsur
Legendary

Activity: 2856
Merit: 1518

Bitcoin Legal Tender Countries: 2 of 206

View Profile WWW
December 18, 2013, 09:44:28 PM

Since it looks like HashFast isn't going to ship in time, we all have an important decision to make.

Do we accept the machines late and run them anyways and hope to break even?

Or do we ask for our money back and get 10.04 BTC or so guaranteed. I guess it really depends on when the MPP chips are received, which is something they haven't talked at all about yet.

what did (original) TOS just say?

cedivad
Legendary

View Profile
December 18, 2013, 09:46:06 PM

We need a place to discuss how to proceed against HF that is not a public forum... It's hard to coordinate here. It's better to go on by our owns.

minternj

View Profile
December 18, 2013, 09:47:24 PM

Why are  you saying they aren't shipping in time? Last official word was shipping this saturday (21st). For americans, shipments to the USA from canada using UPS next day should generally arrive next day.

cedivad
Legendary

View Profile
December 18, 2013, 10:00:10 PM

Saying to be shipping on a saturday just before christmas could be just another way to buy time - to leave you unprepared when they will delay after their own criminal deadline.

I think that for now, for my order, i will do 50/50 if they delay after the new year. I will keep half of the miners and demand a BTC refund for the second half, with the lawyer already ready when they will deny that in favour of USD refunds.

The deadline is really just behind the corner...

Gyrsur
Legendary

Activity: 2856
Merit: 1518

Bitcoin Legal Tender Countries: 2 of 206

View Profile WWW
December 18, 2013, 10:04:35 PM
Last edit: December 18, 2013, 10:45:37 PM by Gyrsur

We need a place to discuss how to proceed against HF that is not a public forum... It's hard to coordinate here. It's better to go on by our owns.

no need to hurry and to make a lot of words. action is required from HF side first. they have to deliver by 31. Dec. if it will happen we have no foundation to act against them. in case they fail to deliver by 31. Dec we have the right to ask for a refund. according to the original TOS it has to be in BTC (if you paid with BTC) or in USD (if you paid with USD). if they decline we will start to act against them.

Pages: « 1 ... 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 [223] 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 ... 586 »
  Print  

Jump to: