Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 11:37:32 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 [345] 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 ... 586 »
  Print  
Author Topic: HashFast announces specs for new ASIC: 400GH/s  (Read 880232 times)
Gandalfs Mentor

Activity: 40
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 13, 2014, 08:21:07 PM

So a few points of order just to illuminate reality...

1.  I invent a machine that prints $100,000.00 before it expires... Hot damn, now quick run out and sell it for $5,000.00
2.  The units are sold as "Commercial" equipment that must be kept in an environment with a temp range between 40F-70F...
     -We have fun keeping units in this range in industrial facilities, what makes you think you can do it in your house?
3.  These are extremely high powered units that require exotic power and cooling systems to support the operating parameters detailed in the limited documentation supplied by HF.
4.  All electrical devices sold in the US are required to be evaluated and Listed by Underwriters Labs and bear a UL label or it is not legal for sale or installation... OOps, did we forget something.  UL insures devices are safe to operate, wouldn't cause electrocution or FIRE!!!

Go figure...

Oh, Oh, I think I am having a vision... I see, I see... I see Hf waiting until Feb 1, when they have mined over $30,000,000.00 in Jan alone with the 4PH from Batchs 1-8, telling all their customers their product is non viable, giving USD refunds @ .05 cents on the BTC and riding off into the sunset...

From CES Pictures there are enough 'Latex Ponies"

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
dropt
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 13, 2014, 08:21:44 PM

Am I to assume that our buddy John S. has partnered with IceDrill provided them with our Batch 1,2,3, and possibly 4 chips to set up a mining farm of his very own?Huh?  Sure seems that way.  Take a look at IceDrill principals and their recent relations with you know who... Follow the money.

No, you can assume that iCEDRILL's hardware purchase was first/before public sales were open.
Gandalfs Mentor

View Profile
January 13, 2014, 08:27:12 PM

Public sales or public shipping?  Batch 1 shipping is production Batch 9... DUH!
MrTeal
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004

View Profile
January 13, 2014, 08:31:39 PM

4.  All electrical devices sold in the US are required to be evaluated and Listed by Underwriters Labs and bear a UL label or it is not legal for sale or installation... OOps, did we forget something.  UL insures devices are safe to operate, wouldn't cause electrocution or FIRE!!!
Yeah, that's not true.
http://www.ul.com/global/eng/pages/corporate/contactus/faq/general/background/
Hoofprint

Activity: 428
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 13, 2014, 08:44:01 PM

*note to Scamfast if y'all cant be bothered to answer your dam emails, forum posts, twitter, phones and snail mail. why should i not do what ever i can to make your lives a living hell*

THIS!

Grin

cedivad
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 13, 2014, 08:58:19 PM

Look, people who thinks that complaining on a forum or threatening to file some police reports will lead to something...

So, who already gave up? (who didn't send the snail mail? [what a wonderful term])

My anger against what is wrong in the Bitcoin community is productive:
Bitcointa.lk - Replace "Bitcointalk.org" with "Bitcointa.lk" in this url to see how this page looks like on a proper forum (Announcement Thread)
Hashfast.org - Wiki for screwed customers
dropt
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 13, 2014, 09:07:01 PM

Public sales or public shipping?  Batch 1 shipping is production Batch 9... DUH!

As in: prior to Aug 6, 2013 iCEDRILL had a contract in place with HF for triple digit TH worth of HF hardware.  DUH.
Hoofprint

Activity: 428

View Profile
January 13, 2014, 09:19:47 PM

Look, people who thinks that complaining on a forum or threatening to file some police reports will lead to something...

So, who already gave up? (who didn't send the snail mail? [what a wonderful term])

who are you and what have you done with the real cedivad, a week ago you would of been the 1st in line to stick it to scamfast by any means necessary.  Tongue

Legend21

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 13, 2014, 09:22:49 PM

You know... its just a shame, that they already knew that the whole plans will fc k up already.. batch 1, batch 2, batch 3 , and late order batch 4. bye bye.

Every group batch have their timeline to ask our refunds back. I mean.. come on, must every customer wait till their deadline is pass and then have the right to ask their money back? I mean..they already have failed deliver batch 1 and i guess 2,3,4 will also be a fail. If they now already know that its gonna be a fail, why not request everyone their money back? must we begging for our own money? Dont u think its perfetic?

we already lose lot of time, instead of their lies we already had buy more bitcoins or trade at the time we had order it, or just only had hold the bitcoins then now came in a situation that they eating everything out of you and nothing what you can do. Just feeling trapped.

Support is dead, Telephone i think is now off, or they cant answer nothing. Twitter and Facebook is also dead as fck. They let everyone stuck, we should go their office and burn whole the fcking place. (sorry its just my emotions)

Thanks for wasting my time on you guys to ask my refund back. Hiding and reading.. and Mining with our rigs. bunch of fools
Gandalfs Mentor

View Profile
January 13, 2014, 09:26:58 PM
Last edit: January 13, 2014, 10:01:07 PM by Gandalfs Mentor

Yeah, that's not true.

Yeah, that is true...

While I will acknowledge specifically that UL as an entity is not legally required to list products, products installed are required by law to be UL Listed. This requirement is law in all 50 states, in as much as the states have all adopted the NEC as the minimum standard. The legal requirement is outlined in the National Fire Protection Association 70e, and as detailed in the current National Electric Code ~2011 NEC.

Please feel free to look up "Listed" as is applicable. While the legality is quite convoluted and difficult to understand, the long and the short is a product must be "UL Listed"

If you firmly doubt what I say please contact the 'Presiding Authority Having Jurisdiction' in your state; preferably a senior Electrical Inspector with your building and code compliance department.  If your call is transferred to me I will be happy to further enlighten you.
cedivad
Legendary

Activity: 1176

View Profile
January 13, 2014, 09:31:13 PM

who are you and what have you done with the real cedivad?
Lawyer. Lawyer happend.

I'm still ready to stick the word "scam" next to "hashfast" every time possible, and hashfast.org is now in second page of the google search, with a little more sprint it will be in the first one. But complaining on the forums? I've done it for like 4 months, it's useless. There is not even IceBreaker trolling me anymore! It's even boring!

It's the last few days (hours) to get everything ready for the next months of legal shit. I would suggest everyone to make sure to have that ready instead... And i'm doing that against my own interests, because you know, HF will make us customers compete with each one another.

My anger against what is wrong in the Bitcoin community is productive:
Bitcointa.lk - Replace "Bitcointalk.org" with "Bitcointa.lk" in this url to see how this page looks like on a proper forum (Announcement Thread)
Hashfast.org - Wiki for screwed customers
Gandalfs Mentor

View Profile
January 13, 2014, 10:19:32 PM

Public sales or public shipping?  Batch 1 shipping is production Batch 9... DUH!

As in: prior to Aug 6, 2013 iCEDRILL had a contract in place with HF for triple digit TH worth of HF hardware.  DUH.
That was kind of my point... Kudos to ID for early orders...
It is only right that they who order first get what they have purchased in a timely fashion, while those down the list must wait...
MrTeal
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004

View Profile
January 13, 2014, 10:31:38 PM
Last edit: January 13, 2014, 11:00:11 PM by MrTeal

Yeah, that's not true.

Yeah, that is true...

While I will acknowledge specifically that UL as an entity is not legally required to list products, products installed are required by law to be UL Listed. This requirement is law in all 50 states, in as much as the states have all adopted the NEC as the minimum standard. The legal requirement is outlined in the National Fire Protection Association 70e, and as detailed in the current National Electric Code ~2011 NEC.

Please feel free to look up "Listed" as is applicable. While the legality is quite convoluted and difficult to understand, the long and the short is a product must be "UL Listed"

If you firmly doubt what I say please contact the 'Presiding Authority Having Jurisdiction' in your state; preferably a senior Electrical Inspector with your building and code compliance department.  If your call is transferred to me I will be happy to further enlighten you.
So if I called and asked if selling something with an ETL mark was compliant you would say no?

Edit: If there is a federal law on the books that every electrical device in the US needs to be UL listed, I would like to see it, BTW. I have a bunch of stuff sitting on my desk bought from US companies that is not UL listed.
Gandalfs Mentor

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 12:20:51 AM
Last edit: January 14, 2014, 12:42:56 AM by Gandalfs Mentor

MrTeal,

Very good Sir, illumination of the masses is what I seek.

A bit of background first~

ETL is one of the newer testing facilities that we have begun to acknowledge and recognize in recent years to a limited degree.  It is my understanding that their establishment was in an effort to expedite products being brought to market; A fast track UL Listing typically takes about a year to acquire at a cost of over a Mil, while an ETL is much quicker and a fraction of the cost.
As a note, I have seen very few ETL labels on equipment, what I have seen accompanies a UL Label. (ETL labeling is becoming more prevalent)

The nut of this is, as an member of the inspection community we are required to insure a safe installation in compliance with numerous federal, state and local laws or fail the installation; to the ends of protecting the populous.  The hard line is if it is not UL Listed we will not accept it; this is the rule of thumb and is the official standard that is upheld in every state that I am actively licensed in.
That being said there are exceptions to every rule and inspectors can legally permit certain exceptions.  Every installation is subject to blessings of the 'presiding authority having jurisdiction', that is the inspector over that area.

*There are conditions that permit 'Engineered Equipment' to be installed that is not listed, this is only permitted in industrial facilities with full time maintenance staff that are properly licensed.

To be honest, we can approve what ever we want...  and when the system fails, burns, kills people, we serve 20 to life.  The liability primarily lies with the contractor for installing equipment that is not listed, or more precisely their insurance company.  If a contractor installs an unlisted part or piece of equipment that the inspector misses, and an incident occurs... well, the insurance companies wouldn't cover the incident and the contractor will likely be impaled.  I have seen it happen.

If you as a home owner (assumption) who decides you are a qualified to install an unlisted commercial product and an incident occurs well who ya gonna call?

I realize I went off on a bit of a tangent, but this is the point.  

OSHA -- Occupational Safety & Health Administration  
U.S. Department of Labor:  
   -Regulations (Standards - 29 CFR)1910 and related articles

National Fire Protection Association (NFPA 70)
National Electric Code 2011:
   -Section 100- Definitions (pg 30)
                                      "Listed"
                                      "labeled"

And in direct response to your question; if there is an ETL alone NO.
** An ETL alone, with supporting documentation that it meets UL standards (ETL is supposed to at least meet UL standards), written request from the installer with supporting documentation indicating special precautions put in place around an unlisted device, and additional review from other inspectors in the jurisdiction and the final blessing of the chief inspector, there is a small chance.

EDIT: With respect to MrTeal, I am speaking of HF 'commercial equipment' (All documentation for HF equipment in my possession says 'Commercial'Huh) in comparison to consumer grade, different classification.  As a consumer, you can buy whatever you want... buyer beware.  As a business who purchases commercial equipment there exist requirements that electrical products be installed by qualified licensed personnel.

PS: Edit:  I am not trying to be an ass, I see a problem that I am legitimately attempting to illuminate.  By the way, in the electrical industry even the electrical tape is requires to be listed.
ninjarobot

Activity: 761
Merit: 500

Mine Silent, Mine Deep

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 01:07:01 AM

Just received a USD refund letter + check in response to my original full BTC payment refund request on Nov 10 and Jan 2:

For reference, my refund request is here

I did not fill out their USD refund & release form and did not request this. Getting so tired of these games.
TooDumbForBitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1638

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 01:08:02 AM

NEC requires testing to the appropriate UL standard by a Nationally Recognized Testing Laboratory (NRTL).  

There are 15 such NRTLs, including Intertek, who used to be ETL.

https://www.osha.gov/dts/otpca/nrtl/nrtllist.html

A sticker from any one of the 15 saying, "tested to UL Std xxxx" gets the job done.

▄▄                                  ▄▄
 ███▄                            ▄███
  ██████                      ██████
   ███████                  ███████
    ███████                ███████
     ███████              ███████
      ███████            ███████
       ███████▄▄      ▄▄███████
        ██████████████████████
         ████████████████████
          ██████████████████
           ████████████████
            ██████████████
             ███████████
              █████████
               ███████
                █████
                 ██
                  █
veil|     PRIVACY    
     WITHOUT COMPROMISE.      
▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
|   NO ICO. NO PREMINE. 
   X16RT GPU Mining. Fair distribution.  
|      The first Zerocoin-based Cryptocurrency      
   WITH ALWAYS-ON PRIVACY.  
|

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

▄███████
   ████████
   ███▀
   ███
██████████
██████████
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███

▄▄█▀▀ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▀▀█▄▄
   ▐██▄▄██████████████▄▄██▌
   ████████████████████████
  ▐████████████████████████▌
  ███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
 ▐██████     ████     ██████▌
 ███████     ████     ███████
▐████████▄▄▄██████▄▄▄████████▌
▐████████████████████████████▌
 █████▄▄▀▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▀▄▄█████
  ▀▀██████          ██████▀▀
      ▀▀▀            ▀▀▀
Kouye

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

Cuddling, censored, unicorn-shaped troll.

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 01:15:20 AM

Just received a USD refund letter + check in response to my original full BTC payment refund request on Nov 10 and Jan 2:

I did not fill out their USD refund & release form and did not request this. Getting so tired of these games.

"As we did not meet our intented December 31, 2013 ship date."

WTF!
In original TOS there was no mention of this deadline (and I asked for it many time, just check my requests about a guaranteed delivery date.).
Plus, in later TOS where they included this deadline, it was about DELIVERY, not SHIPPING.
Those people are textbook scammers. I hope they die. And I hope you all get your BTC back before.

[OVER] RIDDLES 2nd edition --- this was claimed. Look out for 3rd edition!
I won't ever ask for a loan nor offer any escrow service. If I do, please consider my account as hacked.
edgie13

Activity: 155

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 01:38:25 AM
Last edit: January 14, 2014, 02:10:20 AM by edgie13

What a slap in the face.

BTC Scotch fund: 1GFZos2WGknCeVgDtjpHwo3jeJ4tSLVrXS
Gandalfs Mentor

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 01:46:53 AM
Last edit: January 14, 2014, 07:25:39 AM by Gandalfs Mentor

NEC requires testing to the appropriate UL standard by a Nationally Recognized Testing Laboratory (NRTL).  

There are 15 such NRTLs, including Intertek, who used to be ETL.

https://www.osha.gov/dts/otpca/nrtl/nrtllist.html

A sticker from any one of the 15 saying, "tested to UL Std xxxx" gets the job done.
TDFB nice job Cheesy the forum brain-trusts ability to dig seriously impresses me; way cool!

Quick question, which of the NRTL's listed specifically test electrical products or portion thereof vs other general product components?  The list provided is for testing of all products, each generally with a certain line of equipment and/or materials.  UL listings are not solely inclusive of electric products or systems.

There has been an upshot in recent years of testing facilities due to loosening of regulations... And as presented by TDFB there now exist several organizations currently recognized by OSHA.  While OSHA recognizes them does not mean all 15 are covered or acceptable under the NEC; last I was aware only a couple perform full electrical certification. I may be incorrect.  Either way, UL has been the primary standard that is currently recognized for electrical equipment and installations.  Other NRTL's until more fully adopted by various jurisdictions in the next few years will likely still take second place if they are accepted.  Again, it all comes down to the wisdom, judgment and blessings of the presiding authority having jurisdiction in your local are.  It doesn't matter what the product is if the inspector don't like it... their word is final.

Edit:  The whole point of this is to protect people from potential physical dangers they are likely not be aware of.

Kouye

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

Cuddling, censored, unicorn-shaped troll.

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 01:49:57 AM

For the record, it's been 5 days now since I asked cypherdoc to release the contract that hashfast enforced to use him as a paid shill.
No answer.

[OVER] RIDDLES 2nd edition --- this was claimed. Look out for 3rd edition!
I won't ever ask for a loan nor offer any escrow service. If I do, please consider my account as hacked.
Pages: « 1 ... 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 [345] 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 ... 586 »
  Print  

Jump to: