Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 12:18:41 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 [419] 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 ... 586 »
  Print  
Author Topic: HashFast announces specs for new ASIC: 400GH/s  (Read 880227 times)
cedivad
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 12:13:23 AM

So it's 1.6TH, and not 4 boards.
Not sure if good news or bad news.
Posted from asd, ref#ACip02N6gPvxndnS

My anger against what is wrong in the Bitcoin community is productive:
Bitcointa.lk - Replace "Bitcointalk.org" with "Bitcointa.lk" in this url to see how this page looks like on a proper forum (Announcement Thread)
Hashfast.org - Wiki for screwed customers

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
paranoidx

Activity: 146
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 12:26:20 AM

Considering the evo's are running at a supposed 800 gh/s, they will just send you guys 2 boards.  And this will most likely be after their 1st batch of evos so sometime after May.
joshv06

Activity: 991
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 12:29:43 AM

FYI: Chris from HS responded to my support ticket from early Feb regarding MPP today:

In regards to MPP - other than knowing that for Batch 1 it will be the full 1.6TH, I am unable to release any more information of this for you. I do hope to get something out shortly as this is a very hot topic in the forums.

So.. 'shortly'

Not sure what that means, but probably 'soon-ish' Wink

Every time I call in and ask, they tell me "In the coming weeks"

They passed BFL Status.

D A I L Y -  C R Y P T O  -  G I V E W A Y S
▬▬ ●●     Your source for daily free giveaways !    ●● ▬▬
DISCORD    -    TWITTER    -    WEBSITE
jimmothy

Activity: 770
Merit: 509

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 12:30:46 AM

FYI: Chris from HS responded to my support ticket from early Feb regarding MPP today:

In regards to MPP - other than knowing that for Batch 1 it will be the full 1.6TH, I am unable to release any more information of this for you. I do hope to get something out shortly as this is a very hot topic in the forums.

So.. 'shortly'

They passed BFL Status.
At least bfl doesn't break/modify contract multiple times.
minternj

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 12:34:44 AM

So.. 'shortly'

They passed BFL Status.

2 Weeks™?

Warning about Nitrogensports.eu
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=709114.0
raskul

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 06:45:11 AM

i had an email response from hashfast today, very polite, pleasant and giving me all the information I had requested.
 Undecided sorry some of you are having a hard time, I've had no issues whatsoever.

tips    1APp826DqjJBdsAeqpEstx6Q8hD4urac8a
minternj

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 06:51:24 AM

Was it a sales question,? i.e. an inquiry of you parting with funds for promise of delivery of equipment at some future date? The response is different based on your questions impact to their bottom line.

raskul

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 07:13:20 AM

Was it a sales question,? i.e. an inquiry of you parting with funds for promise of delivery of equipment at some future date? The response is different based on your questions impact to their bottom line.

nope. they already have my money and I'm happy with their response.

minternj

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 07:15:39 AM

There ya go then. One happy customer.

raskul

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 07:24:13 AM

There ya go then. One happy customer.

don't get me wrong, I completely understand other folk's issues and with every right to complain about the treatment (you) have had. In no way do I want to be a shill for hashfast but I just wanted to throw it in the mix.. perhaps they are tidying up their customer service? in all honesty, I hadn't expected a response as quickly as I got, but my question was genuine regarding me going on holiday when they state my next delivery will arrive, so it was a kind of 'need to know' issue, and, whether positive or negative, the response has assured me - my mother will just have to babysit the cat  Grin

I'm leaving her instructions on setting up the rig!! wish me luck with that!

I hope the rest of you guys get your problems solved, in these days when so many sham companies are popping up with no product at all, and plenty of preorders, the one thing that gives me relief is that hashfast are actually building and shipping rigs, when I could so easily have given my money to a fraud, with no hope of seeing either a rig or my money back.

anyway, I hope your headaches ease and everyone find some kind of satisfaction.

ninjarobot

Activity: 761

Mine Silent, Mine Deep

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 07:57:41 AM
Last edit: March 07, 2014, 08:08:37 AM by ninjarobot

Welcome to the club raskul! Smiley

In other news - I just received a response from HF after filing a consumer complaint with the State of California Department of Justice a couple of months ago:

"This letter is to inform you that the Attorney General's Office has received a reply from the company you contacted us about which indicates that there is a difference of opinion on the issue you raised in your complaint."

https://www.dropbox.com/s/h7abwnv4og1xn3e/HF_consumer_complaint_response.pdf

Basically HashFast's response is that I am the bad guy.

"Complainant lodged the instant complaint when the value of Bitcoin grew 800% above what he originally paid. The price of Bitcoin now trades at 500% of what it did when complainant placed his order. At the time of making his claims to you, such a maneuver would have provided Complainant with an approximate 800% windfall based on the price of Bitcoin when he made his purchase. No doubt, Complainant would eagerly have accepted a USD refund and cried foul to a refund in Bitcoin if the price of Bitcoin had dropped to 20% from the date of his purchase."

At this point I have already accepted my losses and accepted the BJ, so I am not going to fight it. That said I am very angry at the untrue statements HF is making in this letter as fact. I am too tired now, but hopefully tomorrow I'll find some time to go through the individual statements and refute them based information in the public record (earlier threads and saved documents).

Bitcoin is a wonderful thing. It is something we need to nurture, protect and grow together. It is bigger then just you and me. It is something we owe future generations. Let's not screw this up. Maybe I am an idealist, a dreamer or just a fool to be taken advantage of but it really pains me to see so many scammers and opportunists in this space.

This is why we can't have nice things.
raskul

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 08:19:05 AM

Bitcoin is a wonderful thing. It is something we need to nurture, protect and grow together. It is bigger then just you and me. It is something we owe future generations. Let's not screw this up. Maybe I am an idealist, a dreamer or just a fool to be taken advantage of but it really pains me to see so many scammers and opportunists in this space.

thanks, I totally agree. Sorry to hear of your troubles, having been following the state of affairs, I kind of expected that this (exchange rate rise) would be hashfast's main rebuttle to the complaints. That particular statement, i don't feel qualified or experienced enough to comment on. I guess I don't feel the same pain as I bought in USD... anticipating the price rises of BTC for the next 10 years, I'm trying my best not to spend/sell/cash-out a single satoshi. I had to fund some bill payments with BTC last week and heck, it brought a tear to my eye cashing out a 1/3rd of a coin. I can't begin to know how you feel having paid so much in BTC for the batch 1's.

keep mining  Wink

cedivad
Legendary

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 02:20:53 PM

Phil Sadow and Joe Russell?
Posted from asd, ref#O6DqV4im5d3vSYii

Bitcointa.lk - Replace "Bitcointalk.org" with "Bitcointa.lk" in this url to see how this page looks like on a proper forum (Announcement Thread)
Jutarul
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 994
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 12:37:42 AM

In other news - I just received a response from HF after filing a consumer complaint with the State of California Department of Justice a couple of months ago:

"This letter is to inform you that the Attorney General's Office has received a reply from the company you contacted us about which indicates that there is a difference of opinion on the issue you raised in your complaint."

Thank you for linking the material. Not surprisingly HashFast is playing the bitcoin volatility card. Every informed miner knows that this is a strawman as bitcoin price is irrelevant (under current conditions) to bitcoin mining. If you plan further action, you need to expose that strawman in writing.

The ASICMINER Project https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=99497.0
"The way you solve things is by making it politically profitable for the wrong people to do the right thing.", Milton Friedman
ninjarobot

Mine Silent, Mine Deep

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 12:40:44 AM

Thank you for linking the material. Not surprisingly HashFast is playing the bitcoin volatility card. Every informed miner knows that this is a strawman as bitcoin price is irrelevant (under current conditions) to bitcoin mining. If you plan further action, you need to expose that strawman in writing.

Thanks Jutarul,

Currently I'm not planning further action. However, I would like to assist those that do on this board.

I did write down some of my thoughts regarding HF response to the complaint here:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=493435.msg5577876#msg5577876
ninjarobot

Mine Silent, Mine Deep

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 06:59:41 AM
Last edit: March 08, 2014, 07:40:56 AM by ninjarobot

Update: My post just got deleted by HF on the other thread so reposting here.

I’d like to address some of that statements HF made in the response to my customer complaint @ http://hashfast.org/HashFast_consumer_complaint_response.pdf

Code:
Complainant pre-ordered his Baby Jet unit in order to secure his status as a “Batch 1” customer,
meaning he would receive a unit from HashFast’s first batch of production.
All HashFast Batch 1 customers were offered a final shipment deadline of December 31, 2013.

I did pre-order a Batch 1 BJ stated as ‘in-stock’ and ‘Shipping Oct 20-30’ on the HashFast order site. The December 31st deadline was not part of the Terms of Sale I agreed to at the time of the sale. Nor did it appear on my BitPay and HashFast order receipts. The final shipment deadline was added after the fact. It was added to the 'order confirmation' that I receive a week after I completed the transaction.

Aug 9 ToS:
http://pastebin.com/EfS9vmRf

References:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=299193.msg3209063#msg3209063
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=270384.msg2949502#msg2949502
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=262052.msg3405970#msg3405970

Code:
Complainant alleges that the only option HashFast gave it’s customers to pay for its products was in Bitcoin.
In reality, besides Bitcoin, HashFast accepted (and still accepts) most traditional methods of payment such as checks and wire-transfers,
and Complainant was free to pay for his equipment by these means if he so chose.
It was not until online purchasers made it all the way to the “checkout” page that they were
offered the additional option of paying in Bitcoin, in addition to payment in USD.
HashFast accepted payment in Bitcoin as a convenience to its customers.

At the time of my order (Aug 9), payment in Bitcoin via BitPay was the only payment option available to me on the website. It was only after the widget broke that HashFast accepted alternative methods of payment.

- Shipments begin: October 20th-30th, in order of purchase
 - Payments to be made in BTC with the help of BitPay

Orders are taken in BTC, in the unlikely event we get to refunds they will be given in BTC.

Please add CC payments
no, they want only those committed to leaving their BTC with HashFast until the end of the year.  if they fail to deliver, they have said they will give full refunds in BTC.

Reference: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=270363.msg2894478#msg2894478

Code:
HashFast never made any promises to Complainant that the Bitcoin he used to purchase equipment would be refunded 1:1,
nor do the ToS state that a 1:1 Bitcoin refund would be given. In fact, the absence of any such promise is not coincidental
as the price of Bitcoin has been volatile since its creation in 2009, subject to sharp appreciations and precipitous depreciations in value.
As such, Bitcoin is a fluctuating virtual currency. It is not a standardized unit of value.

Apart from the promises made as such by Simon Barber, Cypherdoc (paid sponsor and member of the board) and Cara?

if you buy Baby Jet for 51 BitCoins today and it does not ship, you will be refunded the 51 BitCoins you paid.
-Cara

In fact, John Skrodenis from HashFast did make that promise to me in person during my visit to the HF office in SF on October 30.

Another topic was the possibility of refunds and John was pretty specific that if refunds do happen they will be full refunds in the currency the order was paid in (BTC in BTC, USD in USD). Please note that I have not requested a refund and have no plans to do so at this point.

Note that I sent notification of my post to HashFast by email directly asking for corrections if I made any mistakes or misinterpreted anything. HF responded that it looked fine over email and also quoted the post on this forum.

Reference: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=262052.msg3452898#msg3452898

Code:
Complainant suggests that HashFast said it would offer him a full 1:1 refund in Bitcoin.
In reality, HashFast’s order confirmations state that “If Buyer ordered one or more Baby Jet units,
and HashFast does not deliver such units by that date, then Buyer may at his or her discretion,
cancel the undelivered portion and HashFast will issue a full refund the payment for the units that Buyer purchased but did not receive and cancelled.”
Nowhere in the order confirmation, or the applicible ToS, does HashFast offer a 1:1 Bitcoin refund,
Rather, HashFast offered a full refund of “the payment for the units.”

The ToS/order confirmation states:

HashFast will issue a full refund the payment for the units that Buyer purchased but did not receive and cancelled.

But it also states (at least in my order confirmation):

HashFast Technologies has received your order and payment in BTC for 1 Baby Jets, shipping via Next Day Air Saver (UPS). Total BTC 59.7987

So the payment is clearly BTC based. Unless otherwise specified a full refund should mean a 1:1 return of the original payment.

Code:
Complainant lodged the instant complaint when the value of Bitcoin grew 800% above what he originally paid.
The price of Bitcoin now trades at over 500% of what it did when Complainant placed his order.
No doubt, Complainant would eagerly have accepted a USD refund and cried foul to a refund in Bitcoin if the price
of Bitcoin has dropped to 20% from the date of his purchase.

This is an unwarranted and untrue accusation of my character. In fact I have always been clear from the start that I expected refunds to be made in BTC and well before the value started to appreciate. For example on Aug 09 I wrote the following:

The Oct-Dec timeframe is when these miners will earn back the vast majority of the investment cost. If anything the Oct 20-30 shipping date is what justifies the high cost of this unit. Take that away and you might end up with an expensive heating element. I don't like it either but that is the reality of an exponentially increasing difficulty. One day it is pure gold, the next a lump of coal. When it comes to refunds - I expect those to be done in BTC not USD. You take orders in BTC, you refund orders in BTC.

And on Aug 11:
For every day HashFast misses their target shipping date, a partial automatic refund should be made based on what a 400 GH/s unit would have mined at the difficulty at that date.This would continue until either the refund is complete or the unit is delivered.

And on Aug 17:
I expect refunds to made in accordance to the Bitpay receipt of payment.

References:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=270363.msg2901489#msg2901489
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=270384.msg2907958#msg2907958
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=270384.msg2949898#msg2949898

In addition, I filed a refund request within 10 days after HF defaulting on their advertised shipment date of October 30.
My refund request was ignored by HF and closed without response (see: https://i.imgur.com/qPrxhmE.png).
To say I was motivated by the USD value at the time of the complaint is baseless. If any party was motivated by the USD value it was HF as is apparent from their actions that are contrary to their earlier statements and terms.

I have already given up and accepted my losses. I'm making this post simply to set the record straight. I wish those that are taking legal action against HF all the best.
Micky25
Legendary

Activity: 974
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 07:39:31 AM
Last edit: March 08, 2014, 08:30:56 AM by Micky25

The HashLast flunkey just woke up and does his pathetic everyday duty again: deleting posts.

Quote from: Bitcoin Forum
A reply of yours, quoted below, was deleted by the starter of a self-moderated topic. There are no rules of self-moderation, so this deletion cannot be appealed. Do not continue posting in this topic if the topic-starter has requested that you leave.

You can create a new topic if you are unsatisfied with this one. If the topic-starter is scamming, post about it in Scam Accusations.

Even more unvelievable is that HashFast's Sierra EVO only uses 3 chips to get 2TH/s, while Cointerra's uses 4 and only gets ~1.6 (if you're lucky).
You know what is even more unbelievable than that? That I still haven't received HashLast products for which I paid in September 2013.
The only company in the world selling mining equipment that really hashes at 2TH/s is HashFast (hence our name).
This may be true, selling, but what about delivering? Anything? My Cointerra order, paid in November, arrived last week and hashes away happily since then. I still wait for HashLast products (hence the name).
You sound different since you're back. Are you IceDrill? Did they offer you faster delivery for some propaganda? Don't trust them, they tricked you before.
I did pre-order a Batch 1 BJ stated as ‘in-stock’ and ‘Shipping Oct 20-30’ on the HashFast order site. The December 31st deadline was not part of the Terms of Sale I agreed to at the time of the sale. Nor did it appear on my BitPay and HashFast order receipts. The final shipment deadline was added after the fact. It was added to the 'order confirmation' that I receive a week after I completed the transaction.
so did I, I never would have ordered if they had stated a later date. In-stock - my ass. Criminals.
I join this complaint. Mods, please ban this troll.
When posts fail to respect the OP ("HashFast announces specs for new ASIC: up to 800GH/s") they are off-topic and will be moderated.
You can't call for rules, your company doesn't have any.
Do you see how many posts in this thread are now from you? You call this a discussion? Why not delete the rest too? You can discuss your delusional crap undisturbed with yourself then.
RoadStress
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1007

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 10:24:55 AM

Don't worry. HashTard can't delete messages here. So

True or False: HashFast failed to deliver on time and actually delivered 3 months later and screwed all of their customers?

cedivad
Legendary

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 10:33:10 AM

True or False: HashFast failed to deliver on time and actually delivered 3 months later and screwed all of their customers?
Answer: HashFast Wiki.
Posted from asd, ref#KtLIiy7S2K1Oxq0a

itod
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1075

^ Will code for Bitcoins

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 10:43:54 AM

Failing to deliver is not their major sin. If they've only failed to deliver it would not be such a problem if they've issued refunds, like Avalon for instance. Failing to deliver *and* keeping customers money is a daylight robbery.
Pages: « 1 ... 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 [419] 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 ... 586 »
  Print  

Jump to: