Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 03:17:47 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 [425] 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 ... 586 »
  Print  
Author Topic: HashFast announces specs for new ASIC: 400GH/s  (Read 880232 times)
perezoso

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 01:53:37 AM

Has Hashfast ever confirmed that HashFast_CL speaks on their behalf? I can't believe that any company would let someone like her represent them. Would somebody with a known Hashfast account please confirm that she speaks for your company? Thank you.

I posted the above question twice on the self moderated thread and twice it was deleted.

The saddest thing is that HasfFart_CL is apparently pretty senior in the company.
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
edgie13

Activity: 155
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 01:59:59 AM

Has Hashfast ever confirmed that HashFast_CL speaks on their behalf? I can't believe that any company would let someone like her represent them. Would somebody with a known Hashfast account please confirm that she speaks for your company? Thank you.

I posted the above question twice on the self moderated thread and twice it was deleted.

The saddest thing is that HasfFart_CL is apparently pretty senior in the company.
Do you really think so? She posted obviously wrong info in the BJ users thread. Info that somebody that really works at HF should know was incorrect.

BTC Scotch fund: 1GFZos2WGknCeVgDtjpHwo3jeJ4tSLVrXS
cedivad
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 02:01:01 AM

And he posted details about the customers that would have been know only to the customers themeless.
Posted from Bitcointa.lk - #JamvxYMKkOKoSlcM

My anger against what is wrong in the Bitcoin community is productive:
Bitcointa.lk - Replace "Bitcointalk.org" with "Bitcointa.lk" in this url to see how this page looks like on a proper forum (Announcement Thread)
Hashfast.org - Wiki for screwed customers
Inaba
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
March 20, 2014, 03:20:45 AM

You guys do realize that "Garrett MacDonald" is Garr on these forums, right?  The guy who scammed tons of people out of money, lied about his shill bidding of auctions, etc...  

If you're searching these lines for a point, you've probably missed it.  There was never anything there in the first place.
perezoso

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 04:19:25 AM

You guys do realize that "Garrett MacDonald" is Garr on these forums, right?  The guy who scammed tons of people out of money, lied about his shill bidding of auctions, etc...

For once, Inaba has a useful comment.  

According to Garrett's resume, he's in high school, placing him on an approximately equal intellectual and social development footing with HasfFart's management, and maybe a short couple years behind the sophomoric Josh.

I can remember back in maybe September, when HasfFart moved into its then new offices in downtown SF, that I openly worried that they seemed to be interested in bling spending before they had a viable product. Now they have no money left and are getting a bailout from Mr. Kotter's sweathogs.  The "adults" have truly arrived in bitcoin mining!

The HasfFart staff are probably on the verge of working out of their own closets by now. So much for the Fartoogle campus in hipster SF. Nice spend, Edward.

Shame that HasfFart decided to fight its customers rather than work with them when their shit started hitting the fan.  Shame that they then cut a deal with a teenager who probably earnestly thinks that this is a "win-win" scenario, even if it deepens the abuse of HasfFart's existing customers, since he probably has the conscience of a hamster.  Not his fault, there are just some things that can only come to be understood with experience.
jimmothy

Activity: 770
Merit: 509

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 04:36:09 AM

Wait so let me get this right.

Hashfast is low on money even though they had "investors" and ripped off every customer they had via preorders.

Now they need help so they are turning to a 16 year old scammer to build them a production line so they can ship out the overpriced and obsolete hardware they promised nearly 5 months ago.

This has to be a joke. Now I understand why many don't take bitcoin seriously.
pmorici

Activity: 479

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 05:04:22 AM

According to Garrett's resume, he's in high school, placing him on an approximately equal intellectual and social development footing with HasfFart's management, and maybe a short couple years behind the sophomoric Josh.

Looks like he is in college from his LinkedIn Profile probably just finishing up freshman year.
Bicknellski

Activity: 924

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 05:07:49 AM

Looks like he is in college from his LinkedIn Profile probably just finishing up freshman year.

It isn't about age. It is about ethics. Respectfully I have seen kids as young as 8 or 9 with better ethics than most of adults in HF or BFL or Avalon. There is no age restriction on being ethical. If you are willing to ignore the theft of millions just to pad your own wallet then you might want to find better mentors and that is what you need to point out. You could make a case for lack of experience or knowledge based on age but you had better show clearly the lack of knowledge and experience. There are some great examples out in the real world of teens and pre-teens turning technology / engineering on its head.

http://www.ryanswell.ca/ <-- Case in point. There are plenty more.
http://www.democracynow.org/2012/6/21/at_rio_20_severn_cullis_suzuki <-- And another.

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
jimmothy

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 05:21:13 AM

It isn't about age. It is about ethics. Respectfully I have seen kids as young as 8 or 9 with better ethics than most of adults in HF or BFL or Avalon. There is no age restriction on being ethical. If you are willing to ignore the theft of millions just to pad your own wallet then you might want to find better mentors and that is what you need to point out. You could make a case for lack of experience or knowledge based on age but you had better show clearly the lack of knowledge and experience. There are some great examples out in the real world of teens and pre-teens turning technology / engineering on its head.

http://www.democracynow.org/2012/6/21/at_rio_20_severn_cullis_suzuki <-- And another.

True. But in my opinion you should at least be old enough to represent yourself in court if you decide to operate a business which holds any amount of customer/investor funds.
Bicknellski

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 05:26:15 AM

True. But in my opinion you should at least be old enough to represent yourself in court if you decide to operate a business which holds any amount of customer/investor funds.

That is a bias or prejudice we don't need really. I think everyone has the right to participate in society in whatever capacity they can.  There used to be a time in human history when 12 or 13 meant you were an adult and were ready to participate fully in society. Someone in senior high or 1st year uni is more than ready to participate. If they are ethically challenged no  matter the age that is where I have concern.

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
pmorici

Activity: 479

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 05:35:16 AM

Totally agree.
jimmothy

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 05:38:25 AM

That is a bias or prejudice we don't need really. I think everyone has the right to participate in society in whatever capacity they can.  There used to be a time in human history when 12 or 13 meant you were an adult and were ready to participate fully in society. Someone in senior high or 1st year uni is more than ready to participate. If they are ethically challenged no  matter the age that is where I have concern.

No it is definitely a prejudice we need.

It takes time to learn how to properly handle ones own money let alone the money of others.

I have yet to see a baby pop out of the womb well educated in finance.

And if they decide to pull a fast one, who do we take to court? Not the child. You will have to sue their parents who probably didn't know their 13 year old stole/lost a shit ton of money.

A bit exaggerated but I think my point is clear.
Bicknellski

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 05:45:58 AM
Last edit: March 20, 2014, 06:14:41 AM by Bicknellski

That is a bias or prejudice we don't need really. I think everyone has the right to participate in society in whatever capacity they can.  There used to be a time in human history when 12 or 13 meant you were an adult and were ready to participate fully in society. Someone in senior high or 1st year uni is more than ready to participate. If they are ethically challenged no  matter the age that is where I have concern.

No it is definitely a prejudice we need.

It takes time to learn how to properly handle ones own money let alone the money of others.

I have yet to see a baby pop out of the womb well educated in finance.

And if they decide to pull a fast one, who do we take to court? Not the child. You will have to sue their parents who probably didn't know their 13 year old stole/lost a shit ton of money.

A bit exaggerated but I think my point is clear.

As an educator of kids from 6 - 18 I disagree.

It doesn't take anymore time to learn anything at 6 or 18 or 45. There are definitely stages of development or sensitive periods for specific aspects for all humans from birth through to 24 years of age and probably beyond. In terms of child protection there are laws in place for that I am not debating that I am debating the fact that a 12 or 13 year old knows right from wrong and can learn to handle a lot different things including money. I think this "kid" is now in 1st year college so we are not talking about a snot nosed kid of 11 or 12 are we? We are talking about an adult who could die for their country. Again my concern is he really being ethical?

jimmothy

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 06:02:52 AM

It doesn't take anymore time to learn anything at 6 or 18 or 45. There are definitely stages of development or sensitive periods for specific aspects for all humans from birth through to 24 years of age and probably beyond. In terms of child protection there are laws in place for that I am not debating that I am debating the fact that a 12 or 13 year old knows right from wrong and can learn to handle a lot different things including money. I think this "kid" is now in 1st year college so we are not talking about a snot nosed kid of 11 or 12 are we? We are talking about an adult who could die for their country. Again my concern is he really being ethical?

I am sticking with my opinion that younger than 18 is too young to operate a security but the free market ultimately decides.

As for ethics, if the accusations of using shill accounts is true I would say he does not pass that qualification either.
Bicknellski

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 06:17:18 AM

I am sticking with my opinion that younger than 18 is too young to operate a security but the free market ultimately decides.

As for ethics, if the accusations of using shill accounts is true I would say he does not pass that qualification either.

There are laws to protect people under age from operating securities I suspect in most countries unless they have been emancipated from their parents. Again the real issue here is whether or not the guy who is obviously over 18 is ethical. Full stop.

Micky25
Legendary

Activity: 974

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 06:47:06 AM

Hear Ye The Words Of The Prophet

On "Baby Jet" I was thinking more along the lines of...

cedivad
Legendary

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 09:28:41 AM

So what's the plan here?
After having slept over it, my ideas are not more clear than they were before.

We should softly bring HF to bankruptcy, and use the know how/in hand ASIC for ourselves instead of gifting it in exchange with a new production line.

Josh, why are you doing this after supporting HF so far? (i don't expect a sincere answer, but i'm still curious)
Posted from Bitcointa.lk - #qfuZQt5NLSv7k3c3

Bitcointa.lk - Replace "Bitcointalk.org" with "Bitcointa.lk" in this url to see how this page looks like on a proper forum (Announcement Thread)
Easy2Mine

Activity: 854
Merit: 500

einc.io

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 09:48:10 AM

Quote from: Bitcoin Forum
A reply of yours, quoted below, was deleted by the starter of a self-moderated topic. There are no rules of self-moderation, so this deletion cannot be appealed. Do not continue posting in this topic if the topic-starter has requested that you leave.

You can create a new topic if you are unsatisfied with this one. If the topic-starter is scamming, post about it in Scam Accusations.

I don't know what they smoke at HashLast, but it aint something good.
They like to fuck their customers and each others.
Some customers still haven't receive their gear.
I have receive a BJ that is a bit mentally retarded same as HashLast_Tubal_Dick_Liaison

perezoso

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 01:17:42 PM

No, MacDonald is not being very ethical, but what I'm saying is that I don't hold it against him to any great degree because, while there are exceptions, I don't believe that people are generally capable of sophisticated ethical thinking until probably their mid to late 20s.  

My cracks about his age, though, were honestly more directed at the self-described "adults" of the bitcoin mining industry, Hashfast, who apparently blew through $15 million or more without being able to service even their early orders and who have unleashed that juvenile idiot HasfFart_CL on these boards (among other things).

The fact that these "adults" ass is being bailed out by a teenager under these circumstances should cause Edward, Simon, and pals eternal shame.  

I'm no lawyer, but I don't understand why there isn't a potentially good case for an injunction here.

And MacDonald can get his production line, I don't begrudge him that in principle, it just shouldn't come at the expense of early customers who, to the day, remain without equipment.  Personally, especially those of us with the "Miner Protection Program".
cedivad
Legendary

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 01:32:17 PM

The problem is that HF is a black box to their customers.

If they were open and honest, and they said that they were looking for money to build our boards, i'm quite sure that they would have found it in no time.

Instead they choose to screw and fight their customers, and to privilege private deals with MacDonald... That is gonna be the one that will earn on our shoulders.

300 boards/day * 3$k/board = $1m per day, in case someone didn't do the maths.

Useless to say that i would rather spend in boards rather than in lawyers.
Posted from Bitcointa.lk - #z59GfOHqxzQZMUDS

Pages: « 1 ... 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 [425] 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 ... 586 »
  Print  

Jump to: