Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 06:38:03 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 [435] 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 ... 586 »
  Print  
Author Topic: HashFast announces specs for new ASIC: 400GH/s  (Read 880232 times)
cedivad
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 10:54:21 PM

Does the HashFast design work?  That is, are there a significant number of working machines?
It works, but the customers are not receiving them. They have kilos of ASICs, see the last joke from garret (garret paying for a production line for HF, making 300 boards per day starting april 4th)... They are gonna get everything out of the company and then close it.

http://hashfast.com/live/
Posted from Bitcointa.lk - #mmrpxSDwspQYQwmO

My anger against what is wrong in the Bitcoin community is productive:
Bitcointa.lk - Replace "Bitcointalk.org" with "Bitcointa.lk" in this url to see how this page looks like on a proper forum (Announcement Thread)
Hashfast.org - Wiki for screwed customers

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
RoadStress
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1007

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 11:15:25 PM

http://hashfast.com/live/
Posted from Bitcointa.lk - #mmrpxSDwspQYQwmO

Running steady at over 2.0 Th/s

12 hours   1,931.63 Gh/s

Roll Eyes

BitchImightbe

Activity: 119
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 11:40:31 PM

Code:
Hi BitchImightbe,

Appreciate your patience in my response, we've been quite busy here.

If you wished to purchase ASICs in bulk, this requires a two phase entrance:

- The Golden Nonce ASIC Evaluation Kit (EVK), provides the board design files (BOM, Schematic, Gerbers/PCB layout files) and hardware development samples (one working Golden Nonce mining board, and two Golden Nonce ASICs) for US $10,000. The purpose of the evaluation kit is to help you decide if you want to move forward with your own designs and products that use the Golden Nonce ASIC.

- Beyond the EVK, if you choose to move forward with designs and products, you will need to purchase a Hardware Development Kit (HDK) for $25,000 (note we credit the initial $10k invested from the EVK). This provides everything you need (e.g., microcontroller software, manufacturing and test tools, and technical support) to be able to ramp mass production for products that use the Golden Nonce ASIC.

- We cost the ASICs starting at $800 each, with discounts starting in quantities over 500.

We greatly appreciate your interest in HashFast and our Golden Nonce ASICs. We're proud that we have the fastest products in the industry, better than anyone else, and we have every intention of continuing to innovate for our volume partners. 

Let me know if I can answer any questions here. Or if you're ready to move forward, please provide the organization name, address, and phone and method of payment (we accept wire and BTC).

Thanks,

Joe

--
Joe Russell
Senior Account Manager
joe@hashfast.com   Skype: JRhashfast  +1.415.429.4515

800 bucks / ASIC  Undecided
solarion

Activity: 966
Merit: 513

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 12:24:04 AM

see they can easily return my btc
Bicknellski

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 03:55:47 AM

http://digitaljournal.com/pr/1819167

Deans & Lyons Lawyers Obtain a TRO against HashFast Technologies, "Freezing" its Bitcoin Wallets
Posted from Bitcointa.lk - #EiSnJ07GtWCWlpdE

Interesting... very interesting. I wonder if the same could be applied to BFL.

http://www.deanslyons.com/PDFs/2014-03-27-Temporary-Restraining-Order.pdf

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
solarion

Activity: 966
Merit: 513

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 04:02:01 AM

Deans & Lyons Lawyers Obtain a TRO against HashFast Technologies, "Freezing" its Bitcoin Wallets

Interesting... very interesting. I wonder if the same could be applied to BFL.

Probably. Then there's cointerra...and amc/vmc. Actually someone should just shut down all the scammy american manufacturers. None of em are worth crap.
Wesly

Activity: 185
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
March 29, 2014, 05:16:43 AM

SO WHAT NOW WHAT? HASFAST USE NOW OUR MONEY TO PAY THEIR LAWSUITS?
Precisely.
Posted from Bitcointa.lk - #WjBJzGlIxWDIjb98

Actually it is worst than that, they are selling Golden Nonce ASIC chips mostly funded by their B1 (MPP), B2, B3, B4 customers to MrTeal and gateway (remember this http://eligius.st/~gateway/news/quick-visit-hashfast-hq) so they can afford to pay their lawyers to fight against these same customers.  What Irony?  Is MrTeal really that ignorant and actually believe what HashFast said is true (no delay to existing customers) or blinded by $$$ = don't give a damn?  I wonder if these same lawyers will go after whoever receives Golden Nonce chips before all prepaid customers receive their products?

The Habanero Project - Third Party HF Mining Board

I can't speak to how accurate all my information is and I'm not sure an official post from HashFast explaining all the reasons that the products are delayed is going to be forthcoming, but all I can say on the chip issue is that I've been told that the sale of excess chip inventory doesn't take product from the existing preorder customers since chips aren't the limiting factor they have.

Submitted by gateway on Sun, 12/22/2013 - 12:48
S M I L Y

Activity: 113
Merit: 10

https://www.chynge.net/

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 05:51:11 AM

As someone who has been in hardware development for many years, EVERY bitcoin ASIC vendor has mainly had issues with the Board design, and Thermals/Mechanicals.

Once the chip design is done, its real easy to call the Chip FAB up and ask for chips...

HashFast - Original board VS Yoli 70% more performance with just a board change
KNC -  Ran out of VR modules because they bought an off the shelf part.  Then had Capacitors catch fire probably due to not spec for enough ripple current.
BFL-  Yea... Everything.  missed their power budget by 5x 
Cointerra-  Very complex board with heavy components on the backside.  cant be build fast.   Their issues are probably signal integrity and power related which explains the way less than 2Th.
Avalon-  Dont even want to talk about their problems.   Im still pissed.

ALL of these companies Im sure have trays of chips sitting on shelves doing nothing.     Their issues are that they cant build boards fast enough, or they dont know how to properly design a power regulator, or they cant cool the chip they designed.

-Smily

jimmothy

Activity: 770
Merit: 509

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 05:58:01 AM

As someone who has been in hardware development for many years, EVERY bitcoin ASIC vendor has mainly had issues with the Board design, and Thermals/Mechanicals.

Once the chip design is done, its real easy to call the Chip FAB up and ask for chips...

KNC -  Ran out of VR modules because they bought an off the shelf part.  Then had Capacitors catch fire probably due to not spec for enough ripple current.
BFL-  Yea... Everything.  missed their power budget by 5x 
Cointerra-  Very complex board with heavy components on the backside.  cant be build fast.   Their issues are probably signal integrity and power related which explains the way less than 2Th.
Avalon-  Dont even want to talk about their problems.   Im still pissed.

ALL of these companies Im sure have trays of chips sitting on shelves doing nothing.     Their issues are that they cant build boards fast enough, or they dont know how to properly design a power regulator, or they cant cool the chip they designed.

-Smily

Please don't compare hashfast to legit companies(excluding bfl)

Those companies all are able to produce and ship hundreds of machines a day.

Hashfast has averaged a whopping 6 units per day the past 3 months.

And the whole time they were sitting on their asses not shipping, they were creating next gen boards and a new production line which will not be used to give existing customers their hardware.
ninjarobot

Activity: 761
Merit: 500

Mine Silent, Mine Deep

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 06:48:29 AM

Meanwhile, at least 650TH of new capacity is added to the Bitcoin network every single day.

MPP in June/July is like performing CPR on a patient that died many weeks ago.
Wesly

Activity: 185
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
March 29, 2014, 08:34:15 AM

KNC -  Ran out of VR modules because they bought an off the shelf part.  Then had Capacitors catch fire probably due to not spec for enough ripple current.
BFL-  Yea... Everything.  missed their power budget by 5x  
Cointerra-  Very complex board with heavy components on the backside.  cant be build fast.   Their issues are probably signal integrity and power related which explains the way less than 2Th.
Avalon-  Dont even want to talk about their problems.   Im still pissed.

ALL of these companies Im sure have trays of chips sitting on shelves doing nothing.     Their issues are that they cant build boards fast enough, or they dont know how to properly design a power regulator, or they cant cool the chip they designed.

-Smily

I don't have time to read up on the other companies, but you are wrong to compare KnC to HashFast.  KnC finished their PCB design and had the PCB in hand ready for functional, power and thermal testing 5 weeks before their packaged ASIC chips arrived.  Yes, later on they encountered a shortage of the GE DC/DC power modules (they bought the entire global supply), but they came up with a good solution thanks to their over-engineering.  And that solution did not involved delaying shipment for months unlike HashFast.  MrTeal allured to possible supply chain issue with Hashfast, but who know if that's really the truth or if anything HF had ever said was true.  Regardless, I wonder what were they doing while they were waiting for their ASIC to arrive?  When did they came up with the PCB design, tested it and mass-produced it?  When the chip finally arrived?

https://www.kncminer.com/news/news-30
Getting Closer
8/21/2013
3:20:00 PM

Today we have our PCB’s back from the assembly house. These boards will each contain one ASIC chip and be individually connected to the main controller board. The Chip in the picture below is an FPGA which we are using to emulate the full functionality of the boards.

The entire space you can see in the middle of the  DC/DC modules (GE Critical Power DC/DC CONVERTER 0.45-2V 40A SMD)  will be consumed by our ASIC.  

We would also like to share some facts about our boards with you.

• The DC/DC modules we have on our boards are the largest and best quality available from GE Critical Power. Each capable of 40 amps making the max available 320 amps per ASIC
  • Our PCB laminat is not standard either. It has been given extra thick copper layers and multiple power and ground plains which enable it to more than handle our requirements.
  • We will be using these boards to fully validate the entire setup. They will consume the same power, make the same noise level, produce the same heat and run the same RTL code. The only difference will be related to hashing.

We would also like to take this opportunity to explain our design philosophy.

Our entire design strategy is based on time to market, We have as you can see over specified the PCB by quite some way, our ASIC will only consume an absolute maximum of 250 watts and we know the PCB can cope with 320  watts. This is the level of design margins we employ.

So you can use the following to see how safe our design is.

• We have used a VERY large package for our die, not because our die is large, but to make sure we can handle the power and heat requirements.
  • We have used more DC/DC modules than strictly necessary
  • We have used the most pessimistic/conservative estimates in all of our simulations. Including but not limited to Yield, Performance, Power and Heat  
  • For example while testing each part of the chain. We have tested our onboard Linux device to make sure it can handle up to 1.2TH ( The controller board also has and expansion for additional linux devices for future upgrade/ second generation)
cedivad
Legendary

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 09:37:04 AM

How not. Enough to gift a "few thousands" of them to Garret and possibly someone else (or many others).
Posted from Bitcointa.lk - #fg1EpQ3AD1udhDmz

Bitcointa.lk - Replace "Bitcointalk.org" with "Bitcointa.lk" in this url to see how this page looks like on a proper forum (Announcement Thread)
cedivad
Legendary

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 09:39:12 AM

KnC finished their PCB design and had the PCB in hand ready for functional, power and thermal testing 5 weeks before their packaged ASIC chips arrived.

And so did CT. HF? Fucking December.
Posted from Bitcointa.lk - #Csni6lo5DCY6ucDF

RoadStress
Legendary

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 12:08:21 PM

Proof? KnC never ran out of VR modules. They even put more than needed on the first boards just to be sure nothing goes wrong. Yes they had some capacitors catch fire but i don't think it was for more than 20 customers which is ~5.5% out of 3600 Jupiters. But the units are stable as fuck. The other vendors hardware, even if they didn't had problems with components catching fire, they weren't so stable or they just died. So i'm waiting for proof for the statement that KnC ran out of VR modules otherwise it means that you are just talking out of your ass.

cedivad
Legendary

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 12:41:27 PM

you are just talking out of your ass
S M I L Y.

It doesn't really take a lot to detect people with an interest/trollers of this thread. Just take his first line:
>As someone who has been in hardware development for many years,

And uses this authority to state that:
>ALL of these companies Im sure have trays of chips sitting on shelves doing nothing.

In order to defend the criminal actions HF is committing by gifting ASICs away in an unfair distribution.
Posted from Bitcointa.lk - #xy3JN5d368Fe1WG9

defcon23
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1002

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 12:42:55 PM

WAWW !  Grin he he he  Cheesy
starsoccer9
Legendary

Activity: 1630
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 12:51:22 PM

EXTRA EXTRA Read all about it, Court freeze's hashfast's Wallet, http://www.coindesk.com/court-grants-order-freeze-hashfasts-bitcoin-wallets/
RoadStress
Legendary

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 12:57:20 PM

ALL of these companies Im sure have trays of chips sitting on shelves doing nothing.     Their issues are that they cant build boards fast enough, or they dont know how to properly design a power regulator, or they cant cool the chip they designed.

Thank you cedivad for pointing this. Somehow i didn't even read it the first time. All i can say is WOW. You are a tard troll from my point of view after reading this. So KnC announces that they will have a 10 MW datacenter ready in a few months and you are telling us that "ALL" companies have chips doing nothing and that they can't build boards fast enough? O'RLY??? How does this picture look to you? So sick of dumbfucks who can't even do a little research before talking out of their ass...

Edit:
EXTRA EXTRA Read all about it, Court freeze's hashfast's Wallet, http://www.coindesk.com/court-grants-order-freeze-hashfasts-bitcoin-wallets/
Who is Cypher Enterprises? The name reminds me of cypherdoc and that's so funny...

cedivad
Legendary

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 01:04:20 PM

Who is Cypher Enterprises? The name reminds me of cypherdoc and that's so funny...
It's a group buy:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=296199.msg5945363#msg5945363
Posted from Bitcointa.lk - #RgddbJ0yHRf5Aa6q

RoadStress
Legendary

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 01:08:49 PM

It's a group buy:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=296199.msg5945363#msg5945363
Posted from Bitcointa.lk - #RgddbJ0yHRf5Aa6q

Very well played until now. Hope it works out ok for them and for every customer.

Pages: « 1 ... 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 [435] 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 ... 586 »
  Print  

Jump to: