Bitcoin Forum
April 18, 2024, 06:09:29 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 [444] 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 ... 586 »
  Print  
Author Topic: HashFast announces specs for new ASIC: 400GH/s  (Read 880232 times)
PuertoLibre
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1003

View Profile
April 09, 2014, 04:30:09 AM

Here is a copy of what i received.

VOLUNTARY REFUND REQUEST AND RELEASE

Hashfast Technologies LLC (“Hashfast”)
100 Bush Street, Suite 650
San Francisco, California 94104 United States

Order Number(s):
DATE:

Equipment List:

(“Buyer”)

[Name]
[Company Name]
[Street Address]
[City, Street, ZIP Code]
[Country]
[Phone]
WIRE INFORMATION
Account names must be the same as the Buyer’s name

Bank Name:
Bank Address:
Bank Routing Number:
Account Number:

BITCOIN WALLET INFORMATION

Wallet Address:

I, the Buyer, have chosen to execute this Voluntary Refund Request and Release Agreement (this “Agreement”) with
Hashfast Technologies LLC (referred to as “Hashfast” or “Company”). Hashfast will process this request under the terms
and conditions that follow.

Please select and check ONLY ONE of the following:

I hereby cancel all of my Batch __ order and request a prompt refund in the amount shown above, paid to me
in United States Dollars (USD).

- OR -

I hereby cancel all of my Batch __ orders and request a USD equivalent refund to be paid in BITCOIN at the
exchange rate quoted by Bitstamp on the day Hashfast provides such Bitcoins. I hereby attest that it is legal for me
to receive Bitcoin under the applicable laws of my jurisdiction.

Hashfast will process this request no later than 30 days after the receipt of this refund request, indicated by a returned,
Hashfast signed copy to the Buyer.

Page 1 BUYER INITIALS: VOLUNTARY REFUND REQUEST AND RELEASE Page 2 BUYER INITIALS:
IN ADDITION. If you have opted to voluntarily cancel your order and receive a refund, in addition to the refund amount,
Hashfast will designate you as a Batch __ Special Customer and provide you with a credit worth 5% of the refunded
amount that you may use if you decide to purchase Hashfast products again. As a Batch __ Special Customer, you will also
get air shipping to anywhere in the world for free on your next order. If Hashfast is providing the refund by check, we will
send the check to you by courier, request overnight or two-day delivery, and pay the delivery fee.

GENERAL RELEASE

1. Release. In consideration of the refund, and the separate and additional consideration described in the paragraph with
the heading titled “In Addition” that Buyer acknowledges Buyer would not otherwise be entitled to receive, Buyer (on
its own behalf and on behalf of Buyer’s parent companies, subsidiaries and affiliates, and each of their officers,
directors, equity owners, agents, staff, employees, representatives and attorneys, each in their individual and
corporate capacities) hereby fully, forever, irrevocably and unconditionally releases, remises and discharges Hashfast
Technologies LLC (referred to as “Hashfast” or “Company”), its parent companies, subsidiaries and affiliates, and each
of their officers, directors, equity owners, agents, staff, employees, representatives and attorneys (each in their
individual and corporate capacities) (hereinafter, the "Released Parties") from any and all actions, claims, charges,
complaints, demands, causes of action, suits, rights, debts, sums of money, costs, accounts, reckonings, covenants,
contracts, agreements, promises, doings, omissions, damages, executions, obligations, liabilities, damages, injuries,
consequences, and expenses (including attorneys’ fees and costs), of every kind and nature which Buyer ever had or
now has against the Released Parties (the “Claims”).

2. It is further understood and agreed that the general release referred to in Section 1 above a are a full and final release
and shall apply to all unknown and unanticipated Claims, including, without limitation, those resulting from or based
upon or in any way connected with the matters referred to herein as well as those now known or disclosed. Buyer
hereby agrees that all rights under Section 1542 of the California Civil Code are hereby waived. Such section reads as
follows: “A general release does not extend to claims which a creditor does not know of or suspect to exist in his favor
at the time of executing the release which if known by him must have materially affected his settlement with the
debtor.”

3. Authority to Enter Agreement. Buyer represents and warrants that it is the buyer of the equipment under the order
numbers set forth above. Buyer represents and warrants that it has full authority to enter into this Agreement, grant
the release hereunder, and to perform the obligations assumed hereunder, and that this Agreement, when executed
by Buyer, represents Buyer’s valid and binding obligation, enforceable against it in accordance with its terms, subject to
certain general legal enforceability exceptions.

4. Assignment and Transfer. Buyer represents and warrants that Buyer has not heretofore assigned or transferred any
Claim released herein. Buyer further agrees to indemnify and hold the Company Releases, and each of them,
harmless and defend the Company Releases, and each of them, against any such Claim based on any such transfer or
assignment or purported transfer or assignment.

5. No Reliance; No Admissions. Buyer acknowledges and agrees that in making its decision to cancel its order that Buyer
is not relying on any representations, assurances, statements or promises made by any of the Released Parties. It is
understood and agreed that this is a compromise settlement of disputed claims, and that nothing herein shall be
construed as an admission of liability or previous obligation of Company to Buyer.

6. Non-Disparagement. Buyer agrees that Buyer shall disparage, libel, or criticize the Company or publish any statement
concerning the other that this is critical. Buyer likewise shall keep confidential the fact of the settlement, the terms of
this Agreement, and the fact and amount of the consideration paid or to be paid hereunder and shall not release or
disseminate any information concerning such matters or the terms hereof to any third party without the express
written consent of the other parties hereto, except (a) to a party’s attorney or accountant or where disclosure is
required by regularly issued judicial process, (b) to the extent such information is publically known through no fault of
Buyer. This obligation of confidentiality shall survive the release hereunder. VOLUNTARY REFUND REQUEST AND RELEASE Page 3 BUYER INITIALS:
7. Attorneys' Fees. In the event that Buyer commences litigation or arbitration based on one or more Claims, Company
shall be entitled to recover reasonable attorneys' fees, expenses and court and arbitration costs as it may incur in
connection with such litigation.

8. GOVERNING LAW AND ARBITRATION. ANY CLAIM, DISPUTE OR CONTROVERSY (WHETHER IN CONTRACT, TORT OR
OTHERWISE, WHETHER PRE-EXISTING, PRESENT OR FUTURE, AND INCLUDING STATUTORY, CONSUMER PROTECTION,
COMMON LAW, INTENTIONAL TORT) BETWEEN BUYER AND HASHFAST, its agents, employees, principals, successors,
assigns, affiliates, subsidiaries, arising from or relating to the purchase of Hashfast products, this Agreement, its
interpretation or the breach, termination or validity thereof, (each, a “Dispute”) SHALL BE RESOLVED EXCLUSIVELY AND
FINALLY BY BINDING ARBITRATION. Any Dispute shall be governed by the laws of the State of California and the
F e d e r a l Laws of the U.S.A., each without regard to conflicts of law. The parties agree that the UN Convention for the
International Sale of Goods will have no force or effect on this Agreement.
8.1. THE ARBITRATION WILL BE CONDUCTED IN IN SANTA CLARA COUNTY, CALIFORNIA, U.S.A.
8.2. The arbitrator shall have exclusive authority to resolve any dispute relating to arbitrability or enforceability of this
arbitration provision including any unconscionability challenge or any other challenge that the arbitration
provision or this Agreement is void, voidable or otherwise invalid. The arbitration shall be administered by the
American Arbitration Association (AAA) or JAMS (or a substitute forum if both are unavailable). Arbitration
proceedings shall be governed by this provision and the applicable procedures of the selected arbitration
administrator, including any applicable procedures for consumer-related disputes, in effect at the time the claim
is filed. The arbitrator(s) will not have the jurisdiction or power to award punitive damages, treble damages or
any other damages which are not compensatory, even if permitted under the laws of the California or any other
applicable law. Unless otherwise directed by the arbitrator(s), the parties will bear their own costs and expenses
that are reasonable and necessary to participate in such arbitration, including attorneys’ fees.
8.3. NEITHER BUYER NOR HASHFAST SHALL BE ENTITLED TO JOIN OR CONSOLIDATE CLAIMS BY OR AGAINST OTHER
BUYERS, OR ARBITRATE OR OTHERWISE PARTICIPATE IN ANY CLAIM AS A CLASS REPRESENTATIVE, CLASS MEMBER
OR IN A PRIVATE ATTORNEY GENERAL CAPACITY.
8.4. The arbitrator shall be empowered to grant whatever relief would be available in court under law or in equity.
This transaction shall be governed by the Federal Arbitration Act 9 U.S.C. sec. 1-16 (FAA). Any award of the
arbitrator(s) shall be final and binding on each of the parties, and may be entered as a judgment in any court of
competent jurisdiction.
8.5. Notwithstanding any other provision in this Section 8 to the contrary, either party will at all times be entitled to
seek and obtain injunctive relief in relation to infringement or threatened infringement of its intellectual property
rights, in in relation to misappropriation of its trade secrets, in any court having jurisdiction.
9. CHOICE OF FORUM IN LIEU OF ARBITRATION. IF ARBITRATION CANNOT BE COMPELLED UNDER THE TERMS SET FORTH
IN SECTION 8, OR IF SECTION 8.3 IS NOT ENFORCEABLE, BUYER AND COMPANY AGREE AND IRREVOCABLY CONSENT TO
SUBMIT TO THE EXCLUSIVE JURISDICTION AND VENUE OF THE FEDERAL AND STATE COURTS LOCATED IN THE COUNTY
OF SANTA CLARA COUNTY, CALIFORNIA, U.S.A. FOR ALL DISPUTES ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO THIS AGREEMENT.
10. Contract Construction. In the event that any provision(s) of this Agreement shall be held invalid or unenforceable by a
court of competent jurisdiction or by any future legislative or administrative action, such holding or action shall not
negate the validity or enforceability of any other provisions hereof. The word “or” as used in this Agreement has the
meaning equivalent to “and/or”. The terms ‘include’, ‘includes’ and ‘including’ will be deemed to be immediately
followed by the phrase “without limitation.” If a party is the subject of a sentence, then the word “will” expresses an
obligation, and deemed equivalent to “shall”. The parties agree the rules contract interpretation that would otherwise
require ambiguities to be construed against the drafting party will not apply to this Agreement. These Terms are in the
English language only, which language will be controlling in all respects. Any versions of this Agreement in any other
language will be for accommodation only and will not be binding upon either party. All communications and
documentation to be furnished under this Agreement will be in the English language.
11. Waiver. The failure on the part of either party to exercise, or any delay in exercising, any right or remedy shall not
operate as a waiver thereof unless expressly stated herein.
12. Acknowledgment. Buyer and Company certify and acknowledge that both have carefully read all of the provisions of
this Agreement and understand and will fully and faithfully comply with such provisions. Buyer and Company certify VOLUNTARY REFUND REQUEST AND RELEASE Page 4 BUYER INITIALS:
and acknowledge that each has had the opportunity to review this Agreement with legal counsel, has either reviewed this
Agreement with legal counsel, or has decided not to seek such counsel.
13. Electronic Signatures. All parties (a) agree that electronic signatures to this Agreement are binding, and (b) agree to
the provisions of the U.S. E-SIGN Act (i.e., the Electronic Signatures in Global and National Commerce Act - ESIGN,
Pub.L. 106-229, 14 Stat. 464, enacted June 30, 2000, 15 U.S.C. ch.96). Nevertheless, Company may require Buyer to
sign this Agreement manually depending on the jurisdiction of Buyer.

IN WITNESS WHEREOF, the parties have entered into this Voluntary Refund and Release Agreement as of the date
first written above.

BUYER:
Customer Signature Email

Printed Name Phone

Title Fax

Company Name

{SIGNATURE PAGE OF HASHFAST TECHNOLOGIES LLC}

HASHFAST TECHNOLOGIES LLC:

Signature:
Name:
Title:
Signature:
Email:

Is this legal? They will not give us refunds for our pre-orders unless we agree to their terms?
You don't have to agree to any arbitrary terms they give you when requesting your refunds. You simply need to notify them of your cancellation.

Lots of smart folks threw their agreement to the trash and simply requested the refunds without the extra terms they tried to "tack on".

It is probably part of the reason why HashFast is on it's knees and begging for help. (in my distorted perception perhaps?)

=========================

It was all PG's fault for giving people good advice on not accepting refunds willy nilly. PG did allow them to take that scammy step in their favor. Instead choosing to educating those customers about their enforceable [consumer] rights.

Lets all point our wagging finger at PG and say that he alone took down HashFast...that evil guy.

I hear he also gave BFL some trouble with "PayPal" when he stated they could all "double tap" the refund window. Such an evil person indeed!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
klondike_bar
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1005

ASIC Wannabe

View Profile
April 09, 2014, 03:18:16 PM

Here is a copy of what i received.

VOLUNTARY REFUND REQUEST AND RELEASE

Hashfast Technologies LLC (“Hashfast”)
100 Bush Street, Suite 650
San Francisco, California 94104 United States

GENERAL RELEASE

1. Release. In consideration of the refund, and the separate and additional consideration described in the paragraph with
the heading titled “In Addition” that Buyer acknowledges Buyer would not otherwise be entitled to receive, Buyer (on
its own behalf and on behalf of Buyer’s parent companies, subsidiaries and affiliates, and each of their officers,
directors, equity owners, agents, staff, employees, representatives and attorneys, each in their individual and
corporate capacities) hereby fully, forever, irrevocably and unconditionally releases, remises and discharges Hashfast
Technologies LLC (referred to as “Hashfast” or “Company”), its parent companies, subsidiaries and affiliates, and each
of their officers, directors, equity owners, agents, staff, employees, representatives and attorneys (each in their
individual and corporate capacities) (hereinafter, the "Released Parties") from any and all actions, claims, charges,
complaints, demands, causes of action, suits, rights, debts, sums of money, costs, accounts, reckonings, covenants,
contracts, agreements, promises, doings, omissions, damages, executions, obligations, liabilities, damages, injuries,
consequences, and expenses
(including attorneys’ fees and costs), of every kind and nature which Buyer ever had or
now has against the Released Parties (the “Claims”).

right from the get-go this is the most rediculous set of terms I have seen. They are clearly trying to make you sign off on anything and everything that would otherwise be used to demonstrate thier breach of contract.

dont sign this.

24" PCI-E cables with 16AWG wires and stripped ends - great for server PSU mods, best prices https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=563461
No longer a wannabe - now an ASIC owner!
raskul

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 09, 2014, 04:55:16 PM

for those of us who have cash tied up in preorders, including hashfast, spondoolies-tech are offering 10% discount.
i've ordered a small rig from them and just needed to send them proof of my refund request.
my babyjet should have been hashing by now, just glad to have another option to allow me to keep mining.

tips    1APp826DqjJBdsAeqpEstx6Q8hD4urac8a
solarion

Activity: 966
Merit: 513

View Profile
April 09, 2014, 04:56:58 PM

for those of us who have cash tied up in preorders, including hashfast, spondoolies-tech are offering 10% discount.
i've ordered a small rig from them and just needed to send them proof of my refund request.
my babyjet should have been hashing by now, just glad to have another option to allow me to keep mining.

Is spondoolies selling in hand gear yet?
raskul

View Profile
April 09, 2014, 05:00:49 PM

Roll Eyes

do mangos ripen on the tree?
/m
i'll stand under that tree for as long as it takes, and hope that a mango drops into my hand before someone else comes along and picks it
chances are though, someone else will be eating my mango before my hand is filled.

cedivad
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 09, 2014, 05:03:55 PM

There must be a reason i couldn't find the message you quoted, it's in my ignore list... Composed of one person as of now.
Let's skip the spam for scams with this poor marketing techniques, shall we?

I keep thinking about the people that signed the refund and release and are now complaining that they have not received their refund... I mean, have they read it before signing it?

Apart from that, it's 12:00 in texas, I'm curious to hear from the hearing. "plaintiff never purchased" Cheesy
Posted from Bitcointa.lk - #gfkXpp4tFXMPEO7v

My anger against what is wrong in the Bitcoin community is productive:
Bitcointa.lk - Replace "Bitcointalk.org" with "Bitcointa.lk" in this url to see how this page looks like on a proper forum (Announcement Thread)
Hashfast.org - Wiki for screwed customers
raskul

View Profile
April 09, 2014, 05:06:47 PM

^^ as everyone gets tarred with the same brush.
of course, it's clearly my fault that hashfast failed us.

so much for 'community' it seems that some of us just want to pick a fight.

solarion

View Profile
April 09, 2014, 05:08:47 PM

Roll Eyes

/m
i'll stand under that tree for as long as it takes, and hope that a mango drops into my hand before someone else comes along and picks it

So that's a no then? Roll Eyes

You won't have me competing for the mangoes falling from the tree.

How many lying, stealing, slimebag pre-order distributors do we need in this space before people stop placing pre-orders? No thanks, being robbed by hashfast was enough for me.
cedivad
Legendary

View Profile
April 09, 2014, 05:10:57 PM

No thanks, being robbed by hashfast was enough for me.
But you get a 10% discount!
Posted from Bitcointa.lk - #kPwK8d4JRo3J0gTr

Bitcointa.lk - Replace "Bitcointalk.org" with "Bitcointa.lk" in this url to see how this page looks like on a proper forum (Announcement Thread)
raskul

View Profile
April 09, 2014, 05:14:24 PM

Roll Eyes

/m

How many lying, stealing, slimebag pre-order distributors do we need in this space before people stop placing pre-orders? No thanks, being robbed by hashfast was enough for me.

man you really are hurt... sorry. still no need to tar everyone with the same brush.

solarion

View Profile
April 09, 2014, 05:16:02 PM

No thanks, being robbed by hashfast was enough for me.
But you get a 10% discount!
Posted from Bitcointa.lk - #kPwK8d4JRo3J0gTr

yay

Ordered from bitmain yesterday...shipped today with tracking number.
solarion

View Profile
April 09, 2014, 05:18:17 PM

Roll Eyes

/m

man you really are hurt... sorry. still no need to tar everyone with the same brush.

I asked a simple question. I don't know what spondoolies is doing, because I haven't checked their thread in some time. Instead of a simple yes or no I get some snotty crap about fruit trees. Welcome to ignore.

Is there something unreasonable about expecting these companies to actually have something to sell before paying for products?
Inaba
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
April 09, 2014, 07:24:32 PM

Yes actually. When you make a pre-order and then expect immediate shipping you are being unreasonable. If you want immediate shipping, don't pre-order. It's simply amazing how many people fail to understand how to do that.

No one has ever been forced to pre-order mining gear. If you don't like it and everything it implies, don't do it. Easy.

If you're searching these lines for a point, you've probably missed it.  There was never anything there in the first place.
RoadStress
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1007

View Profile
April 09, 2014, 07:39:20 PM

Yes actually. When you make a pre-order and then expect immediate shipping you are being unreasonable. If you want immediate shipping, don't pre-order. It's simply amazing how many people fail to understand how to do that.

No one has ever been forced to pre-order mining gear. If you don't like it and everything it implies, don't do it. Easy.

Don't you have a lawsuit to attend because we all know that nobody forced you to give some unreal deadlines.

greenbtc

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 09, 2014, 07:50:00 PM

Don't you have a lawsuit to attend because we all know that nobody forced you to give some unreal deadlines.

I'll +1 that.
solarion

View Profile
April 09, 2014, 08:11:45 PM

Done. Thanks. Gadzooks man what's with the trust rating?

I think the pre-order thing could work if the company receiving the funds behaved honorably. Unfortunately that doesn't always happen and then the customers have to try to force the company to do what they said they would do.
Syke
Legendary

Activity: 3878
Merit: 1193

View Profile
April 09, 2014, 08:15:36 PM

Inaba is paying for people to give him positive trust ratings. Is it working?

Buy & Hold
klondike_bar
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1005

ASIC Wannabe

View Profile
April 09, 2014, 08:17:24 PM

I think the pre-order thing could work if the company receiving the funds behaved honorably. Unfortunately that doesn't always happen and then the customers have to try to force the company to do what they said they would do.

hes BFL Josh - basically he is here to call anyone who bought his pre-orders an idiot  Roll Eyes

24" PCI-E cables with 16AWG wires and stripped ends - great for server PSU mods, best prices https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=563461
No longer a wannabe - now an ASIC owner!
Legend21

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 09, 2014, 09:01:24 PM

Let me get this, All batch 1 and batch 2 orders are out now right? I am batch 3 and i am still waiting for my refund since i request that already and get confirm by Erin on 15 january 2014.
I think end april the whole batch 3 are all out for shipping and refund part is also done.

For all batch 4 customers i think they need to wait till End May/ or Begin June before they process al the refund or rigs for batch 4 customers.

After then they begin MPP??  But still waiting for my refund, i will not say they right or something, but we will see if i get my refund a check or bankwire at least this month.

Inmagin for the people that ask their or asking now for their refund, how long will they processed that if i havent my refund jet as batch 3.

My conclusion is that they have no way to force unrealistic deadline times for refund, if they cant deliver someway or how they should refund directly after a customer ask for their refund.

I am now also waiting since 15 january for my refund. its now 9 april, just imagin how long i wait for my refund since.. we not talking about hunderds, but albout thousand of dollars.. and just per customer..  its about millions if u count all the customers of Hashfast. its serious money they cant play or hold like that.

We as customers have the right and its our blood swet money..
cedivad
Legendary

View Profile
April 09, 2014, 09:03:05 PM

Not, sierra batch 2 are still in HF's warehouse.
It should be a month without them shipping anything now, right?

The % of people signing that contract vs waiting vs proceeding legally must be incredibly in HF's favour. This is why they are pissing in everyone's head ignoring everything, hoping the heat to go away.

Looking forward to see them in prison.

Cheers! Smiley
Posted from Bitcointa.lk - #J8fsDp10TIHOMcif

Pages: « 1 ... 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 [444] 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 ... 586 »
  Print  

Jump to: