Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 09:00:27 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 [548] 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 »
  Print  
Author Topic: HashFast announces specs for new ASIC: 400GH/s  (Read 880232 times)
cedivad
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 21, 2014, 09:59:12 PM

I could sell 700GH miners on ebay for $250 all day.
Then you and cedavid need to bury the hatchet, shake hands and start this ebay store up.
You have my full support.   Sell about $15M worth of them and we will all be very happy.
Give us the initial 2000 boards preorder cost, IceBreaker escrows the same amount to a third party using the money he made promoting HF, since that he is so sure that he can sell things on ebay all day long, and I think that we have a deal.

My anger against what is wrong in the Bitcoin community is productive:
Bitcointa.lk - Replace "Bitcointalk.org" with "Bitcointa.lk" in this url to see how this page looks like on a proper forum (Announcement Thread)
Hashfast.org - Wiki for screwed customers

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
October 21, 2014, 10:05:54 PM

Then you and cedavid need to bury the hatchet, shake hands and start this ebay store up.
You have my full support.   Sell about $15M worth of them and we will all be very happy.

The bigwigs on the creditor committee should have done something like that months ago.   Angry

It's ridiculous that the task now falls to silly clowns like cedivad and myself.   Tongue

But I have no problem working with cedivad and you on such a project.

My Yoli kit assembly skills are unmatched and I can do tech support as well.   Cool

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
cedivad
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 21, 2014, 10:16:02 PM

The bigwigs on the creditor committee should have done something like that months ago.   Angry
You mean, when a deal to sell all of the asset to a company that would have screwed everyone even more was being negotiated, by the people who would have benefited most from that deal, to which HF was refusing any subsequent claim, and the inventory couldn't be touched because the company wanted it?

Please... Go back in your alternative universe.

You are fun sometimes in a year, I will give you that.

My anger against what is wrong in the Bitcoin community is productive:
Bitcointa.lk - Replace "Bitcointalk.org" with "Bitcointa.lk" in this url to see how this page looks like on a proper forum (Announcement Thread)
Hashfast.org - Wiki for screwed customers
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 21, 2014, 10:34:04 PM

The bigwigs on the creditor committee should have done something like that months ago.   Angry
You mean, when a deal to sell all of the asset to a company that would have screwed everyone even more was being negotiated, by the people who would have benefited most from that deal, to which HF was refusing any subsequent claim, and the inventory couldn't be touched because the company wanted it?

Why was there only one deal on the table?

And how have we benefited from letting the chips sit around losing value for 6 months?

No deal is perfect, but it takes two to tango and a lot of money was lost while the angry out-for-revenge types took their sweet time to realize that they were going to have to calm down and work out a mutually agreeable plan.

The brinksmanship served nobody except the lawyers' interests, as many of us predicted all along.   Tongue

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
David Chaum 1996
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
BitCoin Operated Boy

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 22, 2014, 05:17:30 AM
Last edit: October 22, 2014, 01:38:00 PM by BitCoin Operated Boy

It doesn't matter how good the chips are if the company making it are scammers/incompetent. Ice just face the facts HashFast is a failure and needs to go away.

Yup. It's that fu*king simple :-)

It's not that "simple" but we understand that it may appear so to your simple minds.

I rather have a simple mind then primitive, greedy and egoic mind, incapable of admitting the failure.
You obviously live in self denial like some kind of sociopath not capable of considering other human beings around you.

I'm not interested in your pseudo-moral conundrum and excusing yourself by so called "business practice".
I don't care about your business practice bullshit. What I care about are other human beings. People are the most imporant, not your bullshit business plan.

Your arrogant and patronizing replies only proove the extent of your greediness and lack of consideration towards other human beings around you.

It's self evident that since the very beginning the profit has been primary and customers' well being secondary.
You are a thief and a liar. It's that simple.

Live in denial

A song with a special dedication to you:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=waJLv46_N6c

HardwareReviewer

Activity: 255

View Profile
October 22, 2014, 10:40:22 AM

It's not that "simple" but we understand that it may appear so to your simple minds.

Business with valuable assets, promising technology, and multiple creditors do not just "go away."

HF is in Chapter 11, which means they have the chance to turn the company around as that is in the best interests of their creditors.

Your pouty attitude of 'they hurt my feelings and I want them to GO AWAY' is very immature and downright childish.

Claims that HF are "scammers" or "incompetent" have already been heard and rejected by the bankruptcy court.  Repeating that defamation won't make it true.  I'd love to see you stamp your feet and throw your tantrums in front of Judge Montali; it would be entertaining to watch the bailiff put you in handcuffs and throw you in jail for contempt.   Grin

The sooner you grow up and face these facts, the sooner your butthurt will get better.   Wink

HAHAHAHAHA!

A company which left almost all of its customers dissatisfied (in the sense that they are most likely to puke hearing the name HashFast), with many of them now being creditors in a bankruptcy case with no hopes of ever getting their money back.

You're right, HashFast (puke) is clearly a successful company rather than being incompetent!

What a load of shit(fall), dude!

But hey, still funny!  Grin

Prepare to enter a world of stress
SolarSilver
Legendary

Activity: 1112
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 23, 2014, 07:23:16 AM

Yes we know you are severely lacking moral fiber by keep pushing this defunc technology. You'd also sell cigarettes to school children if only you knew it would put money in your pocket
armyof1ne

Activity: 127
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 23, 2014, 12:58:27 PM

It doesn't matter how good the chips are if the company making it are scammers/incompetent. Ice just face the facts HashFast is a failure and needs to go away.

Yup. It's that fu*king simple :-)

Business with valuable assets, promising technology, and multiple creditors do not just "go away."

HF is in Chapter 11, which means they have the chance to turn the company around as that is in the best interests of their creditors.

Your pouty attitude of 'they hurt my feelings and I want them to GO AWAY' is very immature and downright childish.

Claims that HF are "scammers" or "incompetent" have already been heard and rejected by the bankruptcy court.  Repeating that defamation won't make it true.  I'd love to see you stamp your feet and throw your tantrums in front of Judge Montali; it would be entertaining to watch the bailiff put you in handcuffs and throw you in jail for contempt.   Grin

The sooner you grow up and face these facts, the sooner your butthurt will get better.   Wink
Lets be honest here, Hashfast is in deep shit, just because they are in chapter 11 doesn't mean they are going to make it, they may have a small chance, but the damage to their name is irreversible. they should have just liquidated all assets to some huge company and paid out what they could, Profit is something they are not going to be seeing for years, and as a startup, thats nothing but a solid death march.
Incompetence was already proven by hiring some dumbass board designer, if they actually hired intelligent people to make everything work, we wouldn't be in the mess we are in...
It started with the designer and just went down hill after... 4 revisions? 5?
Ice... bro... you talk alot, your talking doesn't help anyone here, including your precious hashfast, you are more of a detriment than anything, just close up shop.
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 24, 2014, 01:27:17 AM

Lets be honest here, Hashfast is in deep shit, just because they are in chapter 11 doesn't mean they are going to make it, they may have a small chance, but the damage to their name is irreversible. they should have just liquidated all assets to some huge company and paid out what they could, Profit is something they are not going to be seeing for years, and as a startup, thats nothing but a solid death march.
Incompetence was already proven by hiring some dumbass board designer, if they actually hired intelligent people to make everything work, we wouldn't be in the mess we are in...
Ice... bro... you talk alot, your talking doesn't help anyone here, including your precious hashfast, you are more of a detriment than anything, just close up shop.

No "incompetence" has been "proven."  That claim has already been heard and rejected by the bankruptcy court.

cedavid is trying to help us creditors with his group buy, so other voices are need to counter those who prefer to wallow in negativity and fling poo than do something useful.

Why don't you also scold the redundant hater posts?  What do you think they are helping (besides Bitmain sales)?

Sucks about this whole HF ordeal, their ASIC is truely phenomenal. I have a few myself, extremely flexible clocks & voltages is what I enjoy most about them.

QFT; agree 100%.   Cool

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
David Chaum 1996
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
RoadStress
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1007

View Profile
October 24, 2014, 01:50:42 AM

No "incompetence" has been "proven."  That claim has already been heard and rejected by the bankruptcy court.

There is no need to "prove" the incompetence in court. How many rev boards were there? Why is HF in bankruptcy?

armyof1ne

View Profile
October 24, 2014, 01:53:39 AM

cedavid is trying to help us creditors with his group buy, so other voices are need to counter those who prefer to wallow in negativity and fling poo than do something useful.

Why don't you also scold the redundant hater posts?  What do you think they are helping (besides Bitmain sales)?

Sucks about this whole HF ordeal, their ASIC is truely phenomenal. I have a few myself, extremely flexible clocks & voltages is what I enjoy most about them.

QFT; agree 100%.   Cool
Facts are facts, they derped hard with having that jackhole for a designer for as long as they did.  Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice shame on me... put that in the equation... Now tell me again why their incompetance is irrelevant to any talks? just because the judge rejected it?   Son, i am disappoint.
jimmothy

Activity: 770
Merit: 509

View Profile
October 24, 2014, 02:08:19 AM

Icebreaker is it true you were Hashfast_CL?

I don't think anybody working for HF was quite as detrimental to their reputation/success as Hashfast_CL was. His incredibly obnoxious trolling made absolutely everyone in the community turn against HF sort of like Icebreaker today.
armyof1ne

View Profile
October 24, 2014, 02:20:45 AM

Icebreaker is it true you were Hashfast_CL?

I don't think anybody working for HF was quite as detrimental to their reputation/success as Hashfast_CL was. His incredibly obnoxious trolling made absolutely everyone in the community turn against HF sort of like Icebreaker today.
nah dog... icebreaker is totally obama
Syke
Legendary

Activity: 3878
Merit: 1193

View Profile
October 24, 2014, 02:23:17 AM

QFT; agree 100%.   Cool

If the ASIC was so great they would have been able to turn it into a working product and they wouldn't be bankrupt. All they did was design a novelty chip.

Buy & Hold
RoadStress
Legendary

View Profile
October 24, 2014, 02:59:02 AM

If the ASIC was so great they would have been able to turn it into a working product and they wouldn't be bankrupt. All they did was design a novelty chip.

Because that's what best chips do. Sit on shelves! Best company ever!

iCEBREAKER
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 24, 2014, 03:13:07 AM

There is no need to "prove" the incompetence in court. How many rev boards were there? Why is HF in bankruptcy?

There is a need to prove incompetence in court if, like MinorMiner and pmorici, you want to put HF into Chapter 7 or appoint a trustee.

MM and PM tried to do that, and they failed. 

Your idiotic "bankruptcy proves incompetence" thesis was proposed by no less than the US Attorney, and literally LAUGHED OUT OF COURT.   Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

If they had succeeded, I'm sure you would be crowing about it.  But since they failed, now you want to discount the issue.   Cheesy

HF made a working product (please try to keep up).  The bankruptcy was due to an unfortunate confluence of adverse business conditions and early missteps like the first board rev.

Have you really never seen a tech company fail despite having a superior product?  I believe you have, but are just being dishonest.

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
David Chaum 1996
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
Blazed
Casascius Addict
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1119

View Profile WWW
October 24, 2014, 03:26:57 AM

They sucked at everything besides making a good chip. They failed at making boards, they failed at customer service, they flat out lied about BTC refunds. No matter how the bankruptcy turns out they will be boycotted for sure.

tl;dr - they were incompetent at EVERYTHING besides designing a chip.

If you are good at 1 single thing, but your product depends on multiple things....you fail. They should have just sold chips since they sucked so bad at everything else.
Syke
Legendary

Activity: 3878
Merit: 1193

View Profile
October 24, 2014, 03:30:48 AM

The bankruptcy was due to an unfortunate confluence of adverse business conditions and early missteps like the first board rev.

Sweet excuses. "adverse business conditions". "early missteps". If they had a "superior product" they would have met their target dates. They failed, which proves they have an "inferior product".

Buy & Hold
RoadStress
Legendary

View Profile
October 24, 2014, 04:17:32 AM

There is a need to prove incompetence in court if, like MinorMiner and pmorici, you want to put HF into Chapter 7 or appoint a trustee.

MM and PM tried to do that, and they failed. 

Your idiotic "bankruptcy proves incompetence" thesis was proposed by no less than the US Attorney, and literally LAUGHED OUT OF COURT.   Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

If they had succeeded, I'm sure you would be crowing about it.  But since they failed, now you want to discount the issue.   Cheesy

It's hard to prove incompetence in court. If they went that way then it was a big mistake I think. Actually I didn't even thought this is possible. I think that it's much easier to prove bad intentions than incompetence. If we are still at it, can someone enlighten me how do you prove incompetence in court? What laws are there to punish you for being an idiot? I find it very easy to evade this by working with contractors. Was this the case?

I don't know all the court details, but what was the main point of failure? I remember that they promised delivery in Oct and they got chips in November and that they changed the MPP terms (not sure if this is legal or not after the customer paid the money).

stan258

Activity: 440

View Profile
October 24, 2014, 04:31:56 AM

Can the Evo be down clocked way low to get better energy efficiency?
Pages: « 1 ... 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 [548] 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 »
  Print  

Jump to: