Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 06:11:48 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 [562] 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 »
  Print  
Author Topic: HashFast announces specs for new ASIC: 400GH/s  (Read 880232 times)
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
December 09, 2014, 03:45:09 AM

Going the other way is actually better though. I have Habs running at 575MHz giving 432GH/s poolside and pulling 341W at the wall from a Silver rated 850W HEC branded PSU I got for $40. Yes the per speed board is lower, but it's a lot more competitive with current offerings.

Let's compare that to a quality offering.

SP20: 1.7 TH/s for $695 (cooler included).

So the HF is worth 695 * 1700 / 432 = $176. Let's say you can find a cooler for $26. The HF board is worth less than $150.
I'm not saying that they're worth a ridiculous amount of money, just that trying to run them at 800GH/s isn't the way to go if it's even possible for most boards. The numbers become much more competitive to other offerings if you turn them down considerably.

And unlike most of the competition, if the price of BTC increases you can crank them up into turbo pursuit mode.

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
notbatman
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1038

View Profile
December 09, 2014, 06:57:15 AM

Has the IRS audited HashFast & co. yet?
raskul

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 09, 2014, 07:49:26 AM

Going the other way is actually better though. I have Habs running at 575MHz giving 432GH/s poolside and pulling 341W at the wall from a Silver rated 850W HEC branded PSU I got for $40. Yes the per speed board is lower, but it's a lot more competitive with current offerings.

Let's compare that to a quality offering.

SP20: 1.7 TH/s for $695 (cooler included).

So the HF is worth 695 * 1700 / 432 = $176. Let's say you can find a cooler for $26. The HF board is worth less than $150.
I'm not saying that they're worth a ridiculous amount of money, just that trying to run them at 800GH/s isn't the way to go if it's even possible for most boards. The numbers become much more competitive to other offerings if you turn them down considerably.

And unlike most of the competition, if the price of BTC increases you can crank them up into turbo pursuit mode.

you really are delusional. i suppose you would be keen to purchase all the BFL singles that Josh Zerlan has in his basement unsold.
because that's what it equates to... the hashfail shite is only slightly more efficient than those.

tips    1APp826DqjJBdsAeqpEstx6Q8hD4urac8a
SolarSilver
Legendary

Activity: 1112
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 09, 2014, 09:26:02 AM

This is good news.  HashFast will be selling boards again soon:

So does that mean customers are first in line to receive the upgrade kits they paid for exactly 1 year ago?

And those who still need to receive hundreds of MPP boards can expect a tracking number soon?

Of course not... so stop spreading bullshit that gets peoples hope up

Who is getting paid with any income so far? Simon and a bunch of lawyers. I do not see any sign of a compensation (in USD, BTC or hardware) any time soon
raskul

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 10, 2014, 08:06:02 AM

This is good news.  HashFast will be selling boards again soon:

uhuh

friedcat just released BE300 chip specs https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=888260.msg9794133#msg9794133

tips    1APp826DqjJBdsAeqpEstx6Q8hD4urac8a
Flashman

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

Hodl!

View Profile
December 10, 2014, 01:14:27 PM

Has the IRS audited HashFast & co. yet?

Well this is just a wild stab in the dark here, but I don't think they'll be paying taxes.... that requires profit.

TL;DR See Spot run. Run Spot run. .... .... Freelance interweb comedian, for teh lulz >>> 1MqAAR4XkJWfDt367hVTv5SstPZ54Fwse6

Bitcoin Custodian: Keeping BTC away from weak heads since Feb '13, adopter of homeless bitcoins.
Puppet
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1040

View Profile
December 10, 2014, 01:21:02 PM

Not been following this very closely, but is icebreaker an investor in HF, in love with Barber, or what on earth is ahm.. floating his boat in this?
Flashman

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

Hodl!

View Profile
December 10, 2014, 01:23:19 PM

Well I've always assumed that he's about 15 and one of the principals is his "hero" Uncle or something.

TL;DR See Spot run. Run Spot run. .... .... Freelance interweb comedian, for teh lulz >>> 1MqAAR4XkJWfDt367hVTv5SstPZ54Fwse6

Bitcoin Custodian: Keeping BTC away from weak heads since Feb '13, adopter of homeless bitcoins.
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 10, 2014, 11:56:24 PM

Not been following this very closely, but is icebreaker an investor in HF, in love with Barber, or what on earth is ahm.. floating his boat in this?

Welcome to my fan club!   Cool

I'm a HF customer who doesn't have a problem accepting responsibility for making extremely risky ASIC purchases.

I understand that most new businesses fail and don't seek to personalize/criminalize such perfectly normal outcomes.

Such a mature attitude is unfortunately a rarity on this thread, so I educate the newbs about concepts like legal tender, windfalls, buyer's remorse, and opportunity cost.

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
David Chaum 1996
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
RoadStress
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1007

View Profile
December 11, 2014, 12:24:53 AM

Welcome to my fan club!   Cool

I'm a HF customer who doesn't have a problem accepting responsibility for making extremely risky ASIC purchases.

I understand that most new businesses fail and don't seek to personalize/criminalize such perfectly normal outcomes.

Such a mature attitude is unfortunately a rarity on this thread, so I educate the newbs about concepts like legal tender, windfalls, buyer's remorse, and opportunity cost.

You forgot the fact that you like to eat a lot of shit and the fact that in your shitty view a promised refund of 51 bitcoins for an order of 51 bitcoins is subject to windfall.

iCEBREAKER
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 11, 2014, 01:16:31 AM

You forgot the fact that you like to eat a lot of shit and the fact that in your shitty view a promised refund of 51 bitcoins for an order of 51 bitcoins is subject to windfall.

See, ^^^there's one of those immature attitudes I was talking about.   Roll Eyes

RS has to pointedly ignore the difference in USD value between mid 2013 BTC and post price-spike BTC, because otherwise his position is transparently untenable.

RS would never ask an actual lawyer to confirm his silly opinion, because his delicate ego would be grievously wounded when the lawyer inevitably informed him that he's FOS.   Grin

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
David Chaum 1996
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
Syke
Legendary

Activity: 3878
Merit: 1193

View Profile
December 11, 2014, 01:23:46 AM

RS has to pointedly ignore the difference in USD value between mid 2013 BTC and post price-spike BTC, because otherwise his position is transparently untenable.

Of course he ignored it. He was told it didn't matter. Only after the sale was made did HF retroactively change the terms of the sale. We call that fraud.

Buy & Hold
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 11, 2014, 01:43:59 AM

Of course he ignored it. He was told it didn't matter. Only after the sale was made did HF retroactively change the terms of the sale. We call that fraud.

HF never told anyone they could do something impossible like ignore BTC price fluctuations 'no matter what.'

Even if they did, only an unreasonable greedy idiot would expect a small start-up to perform financial miracles.

A customer's failure to understand the TOS and perform adequate due diligence does not constitute "fraud" on HF's part.

The HF trial is over, and no evidence of fraud was produced.  The judge even specifically asked the US ATTY for it, but she could not provide anything substantial.

You haters had your day (months, actually) in court and came up with nothing. 

How bitter you all must be, having seen your cherished beliefs in criminal conspiracies laid to rest despite all your bluster and defamation!   

Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
David Chaum 1996
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
notbatman
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1038

View Profile
December 11, 2014, 01:51:24 AM

I can't believe they're actually going to get away with this scam, what a load of crap.
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 11, 2014, 02:37:55 AM

I can't believe they're actually going to get away with this scam, what a load of crap.

Your premise, that HF was a scam, is supported by only mere assertions but not any actual evidence.

Most new businesses fail and bankruptcy (plus angry customers) was not the desired outcome.

The petulant defamation is uncalled for, but keep hyperventilating if it helps you vent your immature spleen.

HF tried very hard to make a go of it and came very close to succeeding.  Too bad the legal eagles kept Mr. Ochoa from acting before this late date.

*invests in ASICs that replace lawyers*

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
David Chaum 1996
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
RoadStress
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1007

View Profile
December 11, 2014, 02:38:43 AM

See, ^^^there's one of those immature attitudes I was talking about.   Roll Eyes

RS would never ask an actual lawyer to confirm his silly opinion, because his delicate ego would be grievously wounded when the lawyer inevitably informed him that he's FOS.   Grin

Actually it's HF who ignored the possibility of a BTC price spike when Anna (I think it's the correct name) promised full BTC refund.

Most new businesses fail and bankruptcy (plus angry customers) was not the desired outcome.

I wonder how would you pair the "worlds best/fastest chip" with a company that has failed and is in bankruptcy and that managed to sell everything for 400k.

iCEBREAKER
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 11, 2014, 02:55:28 AM

RS would never ask an actual lawyer to confirm his silly opinion, because his delicate ego would be grievously wounded when the lawyer inevitably informed him that he's FOS.   Grin

Actually it's HF who ignored the possibility of a BTC price spike when Anna (I think it's the correct name) promised full BTC refund.

If a customer actually believed HF was really ignoring the possibility of a BTC price spike, why would they be so foolish as to do business with HF regardless? 

Sheer cupidity is the only plausible explanation; some people thought that by playing dumb/innocent they might reap a windfall at HF's expense.

The hypothetical "full BTC refund" scenario obviously assumes the USD price of BTC is equal at the times of purchase and refund.

Common sense and common law dictate actual refunds take fluctuations into account.

Sorry if this is all too complicated for your little pea brain, for which logic is a very hard thing.   Cheesy

Why don't you simply call a lawyer and have the assurance of their legal authority settle this contentious issue for you?

Is the hesitation due to your desire to avoid the cognitive dissonance of having to admit I was correct?

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
David Chaum 1996
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
jjiimm_64
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 11, 2014, 03:30:50 AM

If a customer actually believed HF was really ignoring the possibility of a BTC price spike, why would they be so foolish as to do business with HF regardless? 

Sheer cupidity is the only plausible explanation; some people thought that by playing dumb/innocent they might reap a windfall at HF's expense.

The hypothetical "full BTC refund" scenario obviously assumes the USD price of BTC is equal at the times of purchase and refund.

Common sense and common law dictate actual refunds take fluctuations into account.

Sorry if this is all too complicated for your little pea brain, for which logic is a very hard thing.   Cheesy

Why don't you simply call a lawyer and have the assurance of their legal authority settle this contentious issue for you?

Is the hesitation due to your desire to avoid the cognitive dissonance of having to admit I was correct?

cough...Bsh*tcough

I didn't have to believe they were suppose to refund in BTC.  I have the email that specifically stated so.. I did that before I ordered..  my mistake was believing their lies....

I hope the sec/fbi gets involved.

1jimbitm6hAKTjKX4qurCNQubbnk2YsFw
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 11, 2014, 03:43:08 AM

cough...Bsh*tcough

I didn't have to believe they were suppose to refund in BTC.  I have the email that specifically stated so.. I did that before I ordered..  my mistake was believing their lies....

I hope the sec/fbi gets involved.

That email doesn't say you'd get all the BTC you spent back regardless of how high the price of BTC goes.

Even if HF did say "no matter what" how could you reasonably believe a tiny start-up could possible make good on such an unlimited liability?

How many other impossible things do you believe, when it is in your financial interest to (pretend to) do so? 

The sec/fbi had all the time in the world to get involved.  They've already heard your tale of woe, and found it lacking.

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=if+it+sounds+too+good+to+be+true

You lied to yourself.  Because greed.

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
David Chaum 1996
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
jimmothy

Activity: 770
Merit: 509

View Profile
December 11, 2014, 03:43:27 AM

It isn't HashFast's fault cedivad can't comprehend a simple Terms and Conditions agreement specifying DEC 31 as the deadline after which refunds are issued.

Here's what you should do

1. Wait for delivery until the guaranteed delivery date (Dec 31)
2. If no delivery by then, request a refund per the ToS
3. If no refund, start the arbitration process per the ToS
4. STFU and stop whining just because you are too immature and poor to handle playing the risky game/experiment you signed up for

Also, hosting in Iceland?  Really?  Have you even been to Iceland?  It's nothing but stinky geysers, stinky fish, and stinky Eskimos!

Stay in school kid.  Lay off the hopium, and your ennui-inducing pipe dreams will cease.   Smiley

If HashFast doesn't ship anything this year, apart from Christmas cards, I get a full refund.  In BTC.

Given the coins have appreciated 300% vs fiat since I spent them, I'm fine with that.

Cointerra will play AMD to Hashfast's Intel.

You are so full of shit it's not even funny. The only reason I haven't ignored you at this point is because you are the epitome of bad decision making.

I like to ask myself "what would icebreaker do?" and do the exact opposite.

You've been pushing your hashfail agenda for over a year now. Don't you think it's time to move on with your life?
Pages: « 1 ... 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 [562] 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 »
  Print  

Jump to: