Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 11:10:46 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: ONLINE CHESS TOURAMENT (winner gets 7 BTCs)  (Read 1898 times)
jlb122784 (OP)

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 08, 2013, 01:46:21 AM

I am holding a Round-Robin Knock-Out Chess Tournament where the winner receives 7 BTCs, 2nd place receives 3 BTCs and 3rd place gets 1
BTC. Joining this contest will cost 0.25 BTCs and will take place in about 2 weeks on 8/21/13 and go for about 4-5 days.. If you have any questions or wish to sign up make sure you download skype and post your skype info here. As of now i have 11 people signed up and im going for around 30 more. Please send the 0.25 btcs to    1ARd2qwXUtTSHsuqVhQxBxGiMckpyT8mQa along with your skype info and or e mail address. My skype info is Whitemist84 if you have any questions or want to know more...i will start posting a list of people signed up as it gets closer to the date of the tournament..Thanks

Whitemist84-skype
                                                                                                                                   1ARd2qwXUtTSHsuqVhQxBxGiMckpyT8mQa

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
jimbobway
Legendary

Activity: 1304
Merit: 1014

View Profile
August 08, 2013, 03:09:12 AM

How to prevent cheating?
zackclark70
Legendary

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

ADT developer

View Profile
August 08, 2013, 03:11:37 AM

I am holding a Round-Robin Knock-Out Chess Tournament where the winner receives 7 BTCs, 2nd place receives 3 BTCs and 3rd place gets 1
BTC. Joining this contest will cost 0.25 BTCs and will take place in about 2 weeks on 8/21/13 and go for about 4-5 days.. If you have any questions or wish to sign up make sure you download skype and post your skype info here. As of now i have 11 people signed up and im going for around 30 more. Please send the 0.25 btcs to    1ARd2qwXUtTSHsuqVhQxBxGiMckpyT8mQa along with your skype info and or e mail address. My skype info is Whitemist84 if you have any questions or want to know more...i will start posting a list of people signed up as it gets closer to the date of the tournament..Thanks

Whitemist84-skype

if you were not so new here I would have given it a go

adamstgBit
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1037

Trusted Bitcoiner

View Profile WWW
August 08, 2013, 03:26:53 AM

How to prevent cheating?

download a good chess program set difficulty to VERY VERY HARD, copy your opponent moves, and copy the computers moves!

their is no way to prevent this kind of cheating...

01BTC10
VIP

Activity: 756
Merit: 503

View Profile
August 08, 2013, 03:30:02 AM

How to prevent cheating?

download a good chess program set difficulty to VERY VERY HARD, copy your opponent moves, and copy the computers moves!

their is no way to prevent this kind of cheating...
There is already software that gives the best move for each situation.
01BTC10
VIP

View Profile
August 08, 2013, 03:36:44 AM

You mean the one who has a fastest cluster to run Rybka on wins 7BTC? Cheesy

There is already software that gives the best move for each situation.
No, there isn't. You probably mistook chess for checkers.
What I found in 10 seconds:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/chess-problem
http://sourceforge.net/projects/popeye-chess

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Software_for_handling_chess_problems
Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 3073

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
August 08, 2013, 03:58:39 AM

BTC. Joining this contest will cost 0.25 BTCs and will take place in about 2 weeks on 8/21/13 and go for about 4-5 days.. If you have any questions or wish to sign up make sure you download skype and post your skype info here. As of now i have 11 people signed up and im going for around 30 more. Please send the 0.25 btcs to    1ARd2qwXUtTSHsuqVhQxBxGiMckpyT8mQa along with your skype info and or e mail address. My skype info is Whitemist84 if you have any questions or want to know more...i will start posting a list of people signed up as it gets closer to the date of the tournament..Thanks

Whitemist84-skype

Agreed.   All you are doing is sending 0.25btc to a person who could very likely run away with the coins.  Luckily no one has done it yet.

If the OP is serious, he/she will announce a third party trusted escrow to hold the funds.  Otherwise.....

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soon!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
zackclark70
Legendary

ADT developer

View Profile
August 08, 2013, 04:00:53 AM

BTC. Joining this contest will cost 0.25 BTCs and will take place in about 2 weeks on 8/21/13 and go for about 4-5 days.. If you have any questions or wish to sign up make sure you download skype and post your skype info here. As of now i have 11 people signed up and im going for around 30 more. Please send the 0.25 btcs to    1ARd2qwXUtTSHsuqVhQxBxGiMckpyT8mQa along with your skype info and or e mail address. My skype info is Whitemist84 if you have any questions or want to know more...i will start posting a list of people signed up as it gets closer to the date of the tournament..Thanks

Whitemist84-skype

Agreed.   All you are doing is sending 0.25btc to a person who could very likely run away with the coins.

If the OP is serious, he/she will announce a third party trusted escrow to hold the funds.  Otherwise.....

hopefully nobody is stupid enough to fall for it if it was just for fun I would play against anyone lol

Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 3073

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
August 08, 2013, 04:31:25 AM

You know, the OP is probably Joey....   Lips sealed

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soon!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
adamstgBit
Legendary

Trusted Bitcoiner

View Profile WWW
August 08, 2013, 04:35:04 AM

These programs are only guessing the moves based on heuristics. They don't find best moves, they only find good moves. There is a big difference.
It'll be some time before we will have programs that play perfectly, always using winning strategy.
Read about winning strategy in game's theory.

For checkers we have programs that you cannot win against, programs that always either win or draw.
And we have hardware capable enough to run them in reasonable time.

It will take few years/decades before we will have hardware capable enough to do this for chess.

can you beat a computer on set on "very hard" ?

01BTC10
VIP

View Profile
August 08, 2013, 04:38:10 AM

Right, I thought given enough processing power that chess was a solved game. Now I'm reading that it's only partially solved.

Chess
Solved by retrograde computer analysis for all three- to six-piece, and some seven-piece endgames, counting the two kings as pieces. It is solved for all 3–3 and 4–2 endgames with and without pawns, where 5–1 endgames are assumed to be won with some trivial exceptions (see endgame tablebase for an explanation). The full game has 32 pieces. Chess on a 3×3 board is strongly solved by Kirill Kryukov (2004).[17] It has been speculated that solving chess may be impossible with current technology.[18]
jlb122784 (OP)

Activity: 8

View Profile
August 08, 2013, 04:43:42 AM

This will be the second time ive done this..the first time was on pogo and with less people. This time im trying something a bit different i even have a few people to vouch for me from the last time i did this
adamstgBit
Legendary

Trusted Bitcoiner

View Profile WWW
August 08, 2013, 04:45:47 AM

can you beat a computer on set on "very hard" ?
I loose to a computer set on "very easy" Cool
lol me too!

virtualfaqs

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
August 08, 2013, 09:13:40 PM

Play over skype too.  Cheesy
At least if someone cheats, they need to have good acting skills too.

https://twitter.com/virtualfaqs
Looking for altcoin pump advice? Then follow me.
doof

Activity: 765

View Profile WWW
August 09, 2013, 01:00:24 AM

Battle of the bots!
guoweang

Activity: 28

View Profile
August 09, 2013, 02:40:15 AM

I would like to challenge anyone to a friendly (or wager) match of chess. I've been playing since a boy and really enjoy a good match. Have plenty of bitcoin to back me up.

Lets play!
zackclark70
Legendary

ADT developer

View Profile
August 09, 2013, 02:44:45 AM

I would like to challenge anyone to a friendly (or wager) match of chess. I've been playing since a boy and really enjoy a good match. Have plenty of bitcoin to back me up.

Lets play!

I would play a friendly game Smiley

drawingthesun
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1015

View Profile
August 11, 2013, 04:35:24 PM

If you download the latest chess software, there are a few, and set them to max capability you will not win a set of matches against it.

The greatest players on Earth can win maybe 1 match of a set but still lose overall. One of the greatest chess players of modern times said a human will most likely never win a set against these computer programs and as time goes on the chance of a win against the current best computer is becoming more and more unlikely.

Chess is nowhere near solved, but no one here will be winning against one of these programs.

Chess for Btc is a terrible terrible idea no matter how good you think you are. (Unless its in real life under match conditions)

There may be a market for live streamed chess matches where people bet on certain players and can see the duke out on over the internet.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: