Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 06:33:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: 1 2 [All]
  Print  
Author Topic: come back to this post and see if i am wrong  (Read 1683 times)
7iain7 (OP)

Activity: 45
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 05, 2011, 03:28:41 PM

I believe bitcoins will ladder all the way down to about $4 or roughly the amount electricity used to create 1BTC.
I think this will take only a few days now no more 5
which imo is not a bad thing.
Let the debate begin...

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
flattyfrog

Activity: 3

View Profile
July 05, 2011, 03:42:09 PM

What is your basis for this prediction?  Just a hunch?  I'm not criticizing, just curious.
7iain7 (OP)

View Profile
July 05, 2011, 04:02:37 PM
Last edit: July 05, 2011, 04:16:22 PM by 7iain7

Typical monterey price correction. bitcoin charts tells you all you need to know.
Not many miners will let there coins go for less than it cost them to create.
If they do then why bother at all ?
The price was driven on pure speculation.
ps sorry for my bad english
Einewton

Activity: 256
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 05, 2011, 04:34:08 PM

I think your right on this... It's unfourtinate, but the guys who have invested in a few hundred video cards in thier massive mining farms are not going to invest any more into it, but return thier value, and collect a small profit on newley found blocks, and pay for electricity... I think it'll drop down there, then stay down until blocks are harder to find, and less are being found, the miners wont be selling as much, and the value of a BTC will go up.

-= Got BitCoin? =-
Agozyen

Activity: 672
Merit: 252

Until the end

View Profile
July 05, 2011, 04:35:33 PM

Typical monterey price correction. bitcoin charts tells you all you need to know.
ps sorry for my bad english

Some miners get free electricity, so cost is negligible to them.  Others, like myself, are small players and value bitcoins over electricity and will mine until there is no obvious need to continue or the difficulty gets really bad.  Lastly, not all miners are selling what they mine.  

I'm not saying bitcoins won't hit $4, all I'm saying is that the charts don't tell the whole story.
7iain7 (OP)

View Profile
July 05, 2011, 04:41:23 PM

I think the hard part is keeping public interest in bitcoins.
A lot of the interest has come from the wrong quarters.
I do think they will rise again(i hope) but at a more realistic rate.
and hope this is only growing pains for bitcoins.
supersonic3974

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 05, 2011, 04:43:43 PM

I agree with Agozyen.  Even if the price continues dropping, I'll continue mining.  For one, I look forward to it rising sometime in the near or distant future.  Secondly, I want to stay in to take advantage of the lower difficulty that might result from other miners stopping.
MAC

Activity: 37

View Profile
November 25, 2012, 10:31:28 AM

Very interesting considering where it has gone.
ennio.morricone

Activity: 8

View Profile
November 25, 2012, 11:53:25 AM

You forget that, as the btc economy grows, there is a increase in the demand for bitcoins. that increase in demand will increase the trading price of btc.
As long as the btc economy grows, the will rise in the long term.
nobbynobbynoob

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

Annuit cœptis humanae libertas

View Profile WWW
November 25, 2012, 12:57:21 PM

Indeed, the OP's prediction did turn out to be more than correct, given the price troughed last autumn at $2,54 or so.

This time next year it could be $254 per BTC on Mt Gox (probably not but you never say never in this game!) for all we know. Grin

Earn Free Bitcoins!   Earn bitcoin via BitcoinGet
BTC tip: 1PKkvuwC24Vqjv9odigXs1QVzE66jEJqmb (if <200 µBTC, please donate to charity)
LTC tip: LRqXaNdF79QHvhPpS5AZdEJZnLiNnAkJvq (if <Ł0,05, please donate to charity)
supersonic3974

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 05, 2013, 07:40:26 PM

Indeed, the OP's prediction did turn out to be more than correct, given the price troughed last autumn at $2,54 or so.

This time next year it could be $254 per BTC on Mt Gox (probably not but you never say never in this game!) for all we know. Grin

If nobbynobbynoob has not edited his post since then, then he made a very good prediction!
irpirate

Activity: 56

View Profile
November 05, 2013, 08:34:04 PM

If nobbynobbynoob has not edited his post since then, then he made a very good prediction!

Yeah, quite an accurate prediction right there.
7iain7 (OP)

View Profile
November 06, 2013, 01:17:25 AM

All I can say is WOW !
Over 2 years on from this original post & look at bitcoin now !
Amazing we have all played our part in making bitcoin what it is today.
Smiley
nobbynobbynoob

View Profile WWW
November 06, 2013, 01:26:16 AM

Nah, I completely forgot about this thread!

Hahaha maybe I can see into the future after all. Grin

BTC tip: 1PKkvuwC24Vqjv9odigXs1QVzE66jEJqmb (if <200 µBTC, please donate to charity)
LTC tip: LRqXaNdF79QHvhPpS5AZdEJZnLiNnAkJvq (if <Ł0,05, please donate to charity)
btcton
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1007

View Profile
November 06, 2013, 01:31:47 AM

All I can say is WOW !
Smiley
I don't usually like other people reviving old threads, but darn...

The signature campaign posters adding useless redundant fluff to their posts to reach their minimum word count are lowering my IQ.
sushi

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

ASIC Myth Buster

View Profile
November 06, 2013, 01:38:26 AM

I don't know where the BitCoin value will settle in the future but the coin will hit the main street in the next few years like Paypal took a few years to be the common payment processing provider.

if the techs are able to come up with 2TH/S mining machines now days, in a few months, that number will be a lot greater and cheaper if they were to stay in the mining equipment business to beat the miners' operating expense vs ROI. 

We need more easy way to exchange the coins to the local currencies to be more widely accepted by the merchants but I think it will get to that point one day.

>>> PM me for New ASIC Miner's Info.  We will go check it out <<<
FEEL GENEROUS TODAY?  ==> 1AHNusc3BQA2QJCokySAQ1Qtymr1ZyAG6P
exstasie
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1521

View Profile
November 06, 2013, 01:40:59 AM

All I can say is WOW !
Smiley

+1 haha.  So true!  Always great to go back though for this exact purpose.
nobbynobbynoob, do you have any predictions for next year?Huh

nobbynobbynoob

View Profile WWW
November 06, 2013, 01:41:27 AM

Of course, I plucked the $254 figure out of certain orifices based on the erroneous price of $2,54 I quoted for the November 2011 trough. Had I correctly identified it as $1,99 I would have said $199 though and similar would have applied. Grin

nobbynobbynoob

View Profile WWW
November 06, 2013, 01:45:48 AM

+1 haha.  So true!  Always great to go back though for this exact purpose.
nobbynobbynoob, do you have any predictions for next year?Huh

Lightning never strikes twice, right? Grin

OK, so Max Keiser set "tree fiddy" as a short-term "interim target" and recently tweeted a prediction of $2 per mBTC by the end of 2014.

I was thinking at least 40c per mBTC ($400/BTC) by the middle of 2014, but given "Plunder Woman"'s nomination as the new chairperson of the Fraudulent Reserve, and her likely desire to run the printing press even hotter than did Helicopter Ben, I'll say 60c per mBTC by June/July 2014, weighted across the major exchanges.

Don't put too much faith into my prognoses though. Grin

secondopinion

Activity: 15

View Profile
November 06, 2013, 02:01:34 AM

false that is not goin to happen, are you kidding me? no way jose. bitcoins will increase, decrease, increase continously.

Deal with it.

Also i have to tell you that the more bitcoins people have the more the price will rise , but honestly we are so far away from that. who knows what will happen, no need to go and stir up controversy in the forum.

But then again maybe this is what the forum needs, some controversy to live it up.
secondopinion

Activity: 15

View Profile
November 06, 2013, 02:08:46 AM

wow i just realized this was made two years ago im sorry. LOL it wasnt a recent post.
AndrewWilliams

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

Fourth richest fictional character

View Profile
November 06, 2013, 04:45:57 AM

Lightning never strikes twice, right? Grin

OK, so Max Keiser set "tree fiddy" as a short-term "interim target" and recently tweeted a prediction of $2 per mBTC by the end of 2014.

I was thinking at least 40c per mBTC ($400/BTC) by the middle of 2014, but given "Plunder Woman"'s nomination as the new chairperson of the Fraudulent Reserve, and her likely desire to run the printing press even hotter than did Helicopter Ben, I'll say 60c per mBTC by June/July 2014, weighted across the major exchanges.

Don't put too much faith into my prognoses though. Grin

Thanks for the tip. Smiley

I think $600/BTC is a little bullish, but Bitcoin has impressed even the most conservative analyst.

It's not unlikely that widespread adoption will be happening sometime in 2014, creating pressure on the price to go above $500/BTC.
Pages: 1 2 [All]
  Print  

Jump to: