Bitcoin Forum
July 21, 2024, 08:57:36 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Creating Your Own CryptoCurrency (An actual guide, not an Easter Egg Hunt)  (Read 1838 times)
immakingacoin (OP)

Activity: 98
Merit: 11

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 08:35:32 PM

The Temple Coin group is going to be launching a Cryptonote, which will also be our first Town based Coin, in the next few days. But first we are creating a Cryptonote Mining Pool.
immakingacoin (OP)

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 08:52:48 PM

Just so everyone can have some info that most people don't have about Bitcoin, I was there when Bitcoin was $5 each, and the only place you could really spend them was on the Silk Road, and we had to go out and mass email companies to ask them to start accepting Bitcoins...

Bitcoin will run out, eventually when people mine them, they will no longer come out. So how does the Bitcoin network keep moving at that Point? At that Point, other Coins have to be mined, like Litecoin or Ethereum, or Coins that don't exist yet but will exist by the time Bitcoin runs out of Coins. And they will be mined in Pools with Bitcoin and they will be paid in the other Coins.

Then Forking, people were not sure how Forks would work, and when Ethereum was first forked because of a Giant Ethereum Hack, they didn't expect people to keep using the Old one. But that is how Ethereum Classic was made, and everyone who had Ethereum Classic (the old Ethereum) also has Ethereum on the new Fork Blockchain, meaning they pretty much doubled their money (but Ethereum Classic is not worth as much). Then there was SegWit and all that, which created Bitcoin Cash and Bitcoin Gold and all those, which did the same as Ethereum and gave everyone the same amount of each one that they had of Bitcoin.

And I will get into more stuff as this goes on, but I just want everyone to have some understanding of what we figured out as Bitcoin grew and we all discussed what the future (now and soon) were going to look like for Bitcoin.
immakingacoin (OP)

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 03:39:41 PM

Someone was asking which kind of Coin is best to make, and this came up, so I am going to explain it here for everyone.

I mentioned that Cryptonote is the easiest, and probably the most supported, with Scrypt coins (like Litecoin) being 2nd, and the person asked "Isn't Cryptonote based on their currency and it's not really its own thing", so let me explain that for everyone.

First there was Bitcoin, then Litecoin. Bitcoin is the SHA algorithm, and Litecoin is Scrypt. So they are 2 completely different kinds of Coins, but then there are Coins like Doge Coin, which is the exact same as Litecoin, but it has a different number of blocks and coins and a new Genesis Block. With a new Genesis Block, it is a new Blockchain; this is called "Cloning" but creates something that is entirely independent and new. If you use the same Genesis Block, that is when you are "Forking", Forking is using he same Blockchain but giving it a new name, and it's like a Fork in the road. Everyone that had the old coin, will have your coin, because your coin is using the old part of the Blockchain, but at that Fork in the road, everything becomes a new coin. But everyone that had a supply of the old Coin, can download a wallet and have just as many of your new Coin, but to get more they have to mine or stake your new coin. Examples of Forks are BitcoinCash and BitcoinGold.

So that is how new Coins are made. Most coins are Clones or Forks.
cryptomarijuana

Activity: 182
Merit: 10

Create Your Decentralized Life

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 03:49:58 PM

This information you provided is very helpful to the people who wants to start their own cryptocurrency,if you got the money and all the resources needed why not to give it a try?

immakingacoin (OP)

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 05:41:20 PM

ॐ Temple Coin Syllabus ॐ
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2663919.0
immakingacoin (OP)

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 04:54:39 PM

Temple Coin Wallet
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1t1IAhjXCxbEKIOkbz_oBjO-GhRlmMMaN/view?usp=sharing
immakingacoin (OP)

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 07:08:41 PM

Send info about your ICO to these emails

2020@abc.com thisweek@abc.com nightline@abcnews.com jloven@ap.org kcarroll@ap.org lmargasak@ap.org msilverman@ap.org npickler@ap.org opinion@thewire.ap.org rfournier@ap.org sjohnson@ap.org pr@ap.org thunt@ap.org 48hours@cbsnews.com 60II@cbsnews.com evening@cbsnews.com 60m@cbsnews.com bpc@cbsnews.com earlyshow@cbs.com efm@cbsnews.com ftn@cbsnews.com mkx@cbsnews.com pma@cbsnews.com rbc@cbsnews.com sundays@cbsnews.com grain@cbsnews.com aaron.brown@turner.com am@cnn.com 360@cnn.com andrea.koppel@turner.com crossfire@cnn.com bill.schneider@turner.com bruce.morton@turner.com carol.lin@turner.com candy.crowley@turner.com daryn.kagan@turner.com david.ensor@turner.com daybreak@cnn.com kurtzh@washpost.com inthemoney@cnn.com insidepoliticts@cnn.com jeanne.meserve@turner.com jeff.greenfield@cnn.com jim.walton@turner.com deirdre.walsh@turner.com kelly.wallace@turner.com kyra.phillips@turner.com live@cnn.com livefrom@cnn.com livetoday@cnn.com lou.dobbs@turner.com loudobbs@cnn.com miles.obrien@turner.com moneyline@cnn.com newsnight@cnn.com paulazahnnow@cnn.com paula.zahn@turner.com rick.davis@turner.com robert.novak@turner.com tom.hannon@cnn.com wam@cnn.com wolf@cnn.com afterhours@foxnews.com atlarge@foxnews.com brian.wilson@foxnews.com brit.hume@foxnews.com bullsandbears@foxnews.com cash@foxnews.com cavuto@foxnews.com collins.spencer@foxnews.com comments@foxnews.com dayside@foxnews.com forbes@foxnews.com friends@foxnews.com foxmagazine@foxnews.com feedback@foxnews.com fns@foxnews.com newswatch@foxnews.com foxreport@foxnews.com Colmes@foxnews.com Hannity@foxnews.com heartland@foxnews.com james.rosen@foxnews.com jim.angle@foxnews.com major.garrett@foxnews.com special@foxnews.com ontherecord@foxnews.com molly.henneberg@foxnews.com studiob@foxnews.com beltway@foxnews.com myword@foxnews.com oreilly@foxnews.com viewerservices@foxnews.com joe@msnbc.com warstories@foxnews.com wendell.goler@foxnews.com world@msnbc.com world@msnbc.com robert.kur@nbc.com world@msnbc.com hardball@msnbc.com countdown@msnbc.com abramsreport@msnbc.com dshuster@msnbc.com norville@msnbc.com dennis.sullivan@msnbc.com imus@msnbc.com jtrippi@msnbc.com countdown@msnbc.com Lesterholt@msnbc.com lester.holt@msnbc.com feedback@msnbc.com msnbcinvestigates@msnbc.com rreagan@msnbc.com dateline@nbc.com mtp@nbc.com nightly@nbc.com today@nbc.com
immakingacoin (OP)

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 07:19:49 PM

Also include links like this, so they understand a little better. They know about Bitcoin, but not Altcoins.
https://cryptocoincharts.info/coins/info/101-to-1000
immakingacoin (OP)

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 07:29:26 PM

Token, create your own Token (Not a real coin, but can gain value) with an Ethereum Contract here
https://www.ethereum.org/token

Asset, create your own Asset (Not a real coin, but can gain value  and can be traded on OpenLedger) with a Bitshares Contract here https://bitshares.openledger.info/account/ YOURUSERNAME /assets/
(You have to add your OpenLedger Username to the Link for it to work)
immakingacoin (OP)

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 08:31:28 PM

And btw, anyone can make a Coin. Here is a guide with all the errors, for Windows and Linux.

For the Windows one you do have to install the software into the command line. I ended up using Linux, but it can be done on Windows with these instructions too.
https://bytecointalk.org/showthread.php?tid=1218

Read through the whole thing to figure out which way you want to do it, but it explains how to set up Swap Space, and different problems with VMs and OSs and everything.

I am changing things, so that Coins are not these things that are hard to make and have names that aren't related to an Existing Community.

In the Future, the very near Future. Coins will be made for a Reason, and for people who already want to use it, and not for the purpose of having a Coin because you know how to use Linux, but because you have a Community that needs a Coin.

Some people may argue that this is not "Decentralized" but if that is logical, then I would argue that Bitcoin has become Centralized around a small group of MIT grads and nerds.
immakingacoin (OP)

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 08:38:59 PM

Will the real Satoshi Nakamoto, please stand up?
immakingacoin (OP)

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 09:15:41 PM

Federalism, a good Concept for a loose Confederation of Currencies to get a grasp of
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2668481
immakingacoin (OP)

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 11:27:19 PM

Temple Coin already has over 30 users, and it has only existed for like 5 days and has not been announced on Bitcointalk. And I probably won't be the person to make the Announcement thread, I will probably wait until someone else does it from Facebook.
immakingacoin (OP)

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 11:46:53 PM

Just to help everyone understand how this is going to work, here is how I got STEEM in the News, raising the price to about $5, solidifying its place in the Cryptocurrency World, which will allow it to go to $20 and $50 in the future.
https://steemit.com/steem/@marsresident/how-you-can-help-get-steem-in-the-news-simply-using-your-email

I just gave everyone this email list, and told them to tell these Media people about STEEM and their experience with it. If you wanted, you could go ahead and do that with Temple Coin now, but once we get on an exchange, we will do this for sure.

And I actually have a larger list, this is my abridged list.
immakingacoin (OP)

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 12:07:16 AM

Nikola Tesla and Swami Vivekananda wrote to each other and even met (before Planes, Cars, etc). Swami Vivekananda was a Hindu before Gandhi, who spread Hinduism around the world, started Temples in places like Chicago, and is seen as a Key Figure in many modern Hindu schools of thought.

"All perceptible matter comes from a primary substance, or tenuity beyond conception, filling all space, the Akasha (आकाश) or luminferous ether, which is acted upon by the life giving Prana (प्राण) or creative force, calling into existence, in never-ending cycles all things and phenomena."
-Nikola Tesla
immakingacoin (OP)

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 12:22:45 AM

Just to help everyone out getting started.

https://www.listico.io/ico-listing.php

https://www.kucoin.com/
immakingacoin (OP)

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 12:33:35 AM

Btw, you have to use Trusty Tahr 14.4.5

I think I already mentioned that, but that is really the most important part.
immakingacoin (OP)

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 12:45:43 AM

Btw, Temple Coin has not been announced yet for Bitcoiners, only on Social Media.

We have a Website, Twitter, Social Media Pages, Windows and Linux Wallets, as well as an IRC chat, and we are starting a 2nd Coin (Cryptonote) and a Cryptonote Pool.

We will probably do some kind of Announcement around mid or late January so people on Bitcointalk can join us.
immakingacoin (OP)

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 12:58:22 AM

Currencies, both fiat and crypto, don't actually contain any value they  simply represent value. They are called Trade Instruments, meaning,  instruments that facilitate trade. Stocks are an example of trade  instruments that aren't money, they have no actual value but they  represent a share of a company and the company itself does the work that  turns the profits that gives a share its theoretical value. All trade  Instruments work along the same lines: Fiat is traded by banks and  Foreign Exchange companies, Stock is traded on Stock Exchanges such as  the New York Stock Exchange and Cryptocurrencies are traded on various  Cryptocurrency Exchanges. All of their values are representations of  real things, for example Stocks Represent created and distributed goods  and services by a particular company, while fiat currency represents  created and distributed goods and services of a nation. Both change  based on industrial/technological/scientific/developmental/etc.  advancements within those companies or nations, as well as various  factors such as trade volume and inflation. It is best to trade your  trade instruments at the highest value possible and use them to buy real  items, such as: Precious metals, Livestock, Software, Machines,  Produce/Seeds, Land, Realestate, etc and then use those to get more  trade instruments.

Trade volume is how many people are buying  and selling a particular currency or stock. The more people who are  buying it, the higher the value will rise.

An example of  Inflation is when the United States starts printing too much money. When  this happens a dollar starts being worth less, which in turn means it  will take more money to buy the same materials. For instance, if you go  to the store and one day Milk is $3/Gallon but then you go a few months  later and notice it is $5/Gallon, this is because of inflation.  Inflation also drives things like the minimum wage and social security  checks, which are usually based on the cost of living. Cryptocurrencies  with no cap will eventually inflate into eternity and lose value, unless  they have a high trade volume.

Supply and Demand is the  comparison of how many people want something against how many their are  of that thing. For example, when Apple creates a new IPhone the value is  higher than it really should be and as the technology slightly or  drastically ages, the value goes down.

A Whale is a person who  has a large quantity of a certain trade instrument and uses that to  effect the markets. For example, if someone has 51% of a particular  stock they could either sell them all quickly which would bring the  value of that stock down, or they could hold on to all of them which  makes them more rare and makes them more valuable.

Bubbles are  when something is artificially high in value, 2 examples of this are:  IPhones as mentioned before, and Gasoline. Gasoline raises in value  based simply on the speculation that "one day we might run out", this  creates bubbles which raises prices. But Gasoline will probably be  replaced by ethanol before it ever even gets close to being used up.

Look at different exchanges- Sometimes you can get more on one site  than you can on another site, for the same coins. And sometimes you can  even buy coins on one site and sell them on another site for more. This  works better when you are trading Crypto to Crypto rather than Crypto to  fiat.

Use coins to create goods and services- Don't just use  coins to buy random things, buy software and other goods that you can  use to produce things or spend them on things like textbooks. Create a  product if you can.

Promote your favorite coins- If you have a favorite coin and buy some, don't forget to share it on social media.

Create a currency- Satoshi gave out the Bitcoin source code so that people could make their own currencies.

Create  an exchange- Transaction fees can earn the owners a lot of coins and  you can help fledgling altcoins by offering them on your exchange.

Don't  buy above spot- If you are trading coins for precious metals, check the  current global value of that metal and buy as close to that value as  you can.

Invest in foreign countries- Don't think America is the be all end all.
gidaahmad

Activity: 476
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 01:04:19 AM

It turns out to be easy, but I'm sure it's not as easy as it looks. It may take some experiments for me, as I am not familiar with such coding languages.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: