Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 03:51:09 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Buffets right hand man calls Bitcoin rat poison  (Read 2927 times)
boumalo
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1018

View Profile WWW
May 08, 2014, 07:01:31 PM

Scary that a government official calls real honest money with intrinsic value, silver, a clear and present danger to the economic stability of this country isnt it?

So the "stability" depends on the unfettered flow of inflationary fiat money, obviously.

Pretty sure slavery was advocated with similar arguments.  Angry

They say a higher minimum wage is good as well and if you don't support it you are a racist when it creates unemployment and hardship

Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393

You lead and I'll watch you walk away.

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 07:08:50 PM

The good news is from the looks of him he won't live for more than another year or two. He looks like he's about 200 years old.

boumalo
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1018

View Profile WWW
May 08, 2014, 07:32:19 PM

The good news is from the looks of him he won't live for more than another year or two. He looks like he's about 200 years old.

Billionaires live forever but he already lived forever

QuestionAuthority
Legendary

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 10:30:33 PM

I know lots of money can't keep you alive or Steve Jobs would still be around.

planeyard

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 10:47:33 PM

Buffet seems like a regular guy, he drives an old car and goes to a drive thru.
FeedbackLoop

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 11:32:07 PM

Funny, SENS foundation and the likes are not terribly well funded.  If I had the money those people have I would definitely fund more than a small army of senior researchers, post-docs and PhD students writing their thesis papers on rejuvenation instead of half the crap these people like to spend on.

greenlion

Activity: 667
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 11:40:52 PM

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liberty_Dollar

Attorney for the Western District of North Carolina, Anne M. Tompkins, described the Liberty Dollar as "a unique form of domestic terrorism" that is trying "to undermine the legitimate currency of this country"

Scary stuff... had no idea.

"Attorney for the Western District of North Carolina, Anne M. Tompkins, described the Liberty Dollar as "a unique form of domestic terrorism" that is trying "to undermine the legitimate currency of this country".[28] The Justice Department press release quotes her as saying: "While these forms of anti-government activities do not involve violence, they are every bit as insidious and represent a clear and present danger to the economic stability of this country.""

Shocked

I think the rhetoric typically has some relationship to the potential need to save face. Law enforcement could talk all manner of smack about the Liberty Dollar because it was trivial to just go and SWAT team the guy and it was done. With Bitcoin they absolutely have to temper their message, because if they took this kind of hard line stance and people saw that nothing they could actually do was stopping it, then they look like ineffectual twats. Typically schoolyard bully garbage, you only bully what you know is weak, and you suck up a little to the strong person who you can't take down. This behavior is par for the course for people with zero integrity.
EFFV

Activity: 278
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 09, 2014, 12:46:34 AM

I'm pretty sure we know who the rat is in this analogy...

Crony capitalists like Munger can't control it, why would they like it...

+1 haha

"A leader is best when people barely know he exists, when his work is done, his aim fulfilled, they will say: we did it ourselves."  -Lao Tzu
My Trust Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=474589.new#new
Chef Ramsay
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 09, 2014, 03:36:56 AM

This reminds me of these two putzs
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

View Profile
May 09, 2014, 05:15:44 AM

Funny, SENS foundation and the likes are not terribly well funded.  If I had the money those people have I would definitely fund more than a small army of senior researchers, post-docs and PhD students writing their thesis papers on rejuvenation instead of half the crap these people like to spend on.

No kidding! I'd be one of those kooks that puts all his money into cryogenics research. If they can't cure me yet I'd at least want to be a Popsicle for a few years until they can.

I don't understand why these old coots care about government, business, wearing suits or doing pretentious interviews until they die. If I had that much cash and knew I was at the end of the road I would spend every day drunk on the best booze money can buy and every night with the finest young whore money can buy sitting on my face. lol

bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 1217

View Profile
May 09, 2014, 05:43:45 AM

And it will be better for Bitcoin, if such old-generation investors vanish away at some point of time in the near future. We need more investors like the Winkelwii, who are ready to take the risks.  Grin
Beliathon

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

https://youtu.be/PZm8TTLR2NU

View Profile WWW
May 09, 2014, 06:06:00 AM

They can keep there massive semi-existent funny-money fiat. In fact I'd prefer if they don't buy any bitcoin at all.
QFT, let the vile cunts go down with their sinking ship. Let them drown.

Remember Aaron Swartz, a 26 year old computer scientist who died defending the free flow of information.
BitOnyx

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

Cryptocurrencies Exchange

View Profile WWW
May 09, 2014, 01:21:21 PM

Since 2008 it is hard to believe any one i trusting bankers any more.

Actually if we would respect every smart-ass opinion we wouldn't have time for anything else.

Whtwabbit

Activity: 490
Merit: 266

View Profile
May 09, 2014, 01:29:25 PM

Bitcoins` right hand man calls Berkshire Hathaway rat poison

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 1217

View Profile
May 09, 2014, 01:46:10 PM

Bitcoins` right hand man calls Berkshire Hathaway rat poison

That was classic.

Actually just take a look at the performance of the Berkshire Hathaway stock since 2008.

In 2008 January, the stock was trading at $135,500.

In 2014 January, the stock was at $175,600.

And that less than 5% returns per year. Crappy stock, I'd say.  Grin
geetee

Activity: 12

View Profile
May 09, 2014, 05:13:44 PM

Lol, remember, Buffett was also the same guy that openly stayed away from ALL tech companies in the late 90s to early 2000's because he couldn't "understand how they make money". And he also coined the investment phrase/philosophy of "stick to what you know" (Invest in what you understand)

You gonna take crypto-advice from this guy??
Maybe advice on how to buy a portion of an existing company using the company's own stock, while mitigating any capital gains- like the Phillips 66 deal -ok.

http://finance.fortune.cnn.com/2013/12/30/buffett-berkshire-hathaway-phillips/

Advice on a new digital currency? Uh, no thanks Warren. I'll stick to what I know.
Polycoin

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 09, 2014, 06:33:58 PM

Buffet is right, he made billions off investing, bitcoin is rat poison...

Polycoin Troopers, Assemble!
NoDreamsWatching

Activity: 74

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 03:43:54 PM

Knowing how much Buffet hates speculators, I believe Munger calls "rats"those who purchase Bitcoins solely for speculative purpose. given that Buffet disregard Bitcoin as an investment, this suggest as well that WE could be the ones called "rats". (It's so classy I am speechless)
leopard2
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1014

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 08:55:40 PM

...Buffet made a lot of money from financial derivatives, so much about speculation. Do as I say not as I do sort of thing.  Sad

http://www.businessinsider.com/warren-buffett-q2-derivatives-gains-2013-8

Any investment in a currency is speculation, because no currency has intrinsic value. It is all monopoly money.

Truth is the new hatespeech.
cryptoanarchist
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1003

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 09:03:06 PM

Who cares what he thinks?  The senior very likely has no idea what bitcoin even is, and likely just figured out how to use email for the first time.

They can keep there massive semi-existent funny-money fiat. In fact I'd prefer if they don't buy any bitcoin at all.

exactly.  Smiley

I'm grumpy!!
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: